Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

no, link the posts so i can remember them another time

I looked but might have the wrong thread. Hopefully somebody can help me out because it was a nice chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Professor Beetus posted:

for all that people say that Jurassic Park the movie is superior to the novel, I gotta say the characters as he wrote them in the book were far more interesting than the movie versions. Muldoon was a sloppy drunken mess once poo poo hit the fan, Gennaro actively played against the lovely lawyer stereotype, and Hammond was portrayed as much more amoral and capitalist than the doddering old man who was betrayed by the cartoonishly fat bad guy.

I love the movie but I was thinking the other day of this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLLJ83NoeXk&t=24s

So... is there a reason why it's just his loving arm that shows up out of nowhere? This is beneath anything I've seen in a movie

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

KORNOLOGY posted:

I literally never want Trump to die.
His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the Donald. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

shackleford posted:

my hazy recollection from reading the book and watching the movie as a child 30 years ago is that the dinosaurs are the bad guys and the humans are the good guys, except for newman who is clearly also a bad guy

Boy you really missed the message, even my kid who just watched it realized that the dinosaurs are the good guys and the humans are the snacks.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Congo is a terrible movie but god I love it. Ernie Hudson ftw

Delroy Lindo ftw

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gorilla death ray laser party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgWw43Fcuw&t=93s

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

AmiYumi posted:

His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the Donald. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

He truly is the perfect man

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Telluric Whistler posted:

Whoa there buddy

He also made the movie where gorillas get lasers, CONGO

King of the animal based horror comedy

See - congo was funny.

QUIT EATING MY SESAME CAKE

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I'm reminded of the Zizek v Peterson "debate" and how confidently Peterson destroyed the communist manifesto

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dokapon Findom posted:

I love the movie but I was thinking the other day of this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLLJ83NoeXk&t=24s

So... is there a reason why it's just his loving arm that shows up out of nowhere? This is beneath anything I've seen in a movie

full torso budget got obliterated when the effects department saw what they wanted to do to Goldblum.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Klobuchar stapler attacks

Klobuchar being endorsed by the NYT

Klobuchar being so irrelevant my phone didn't know how to autocorrect my various attempts to spell her name

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Nate Silver being convinced Klobuchar had a chance take the nomination even though hardly anyone outside of her home state had any idea who the gently caress she was

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

God grant me the confidence of an unknown senator from a nowhere place running for president for some fuckin reason like klob or tim scott

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

being a senator seems much better anyway

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
"You fixed bread prices "

Pointed staring.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

God grant me the confidence of an unknown senator from a nowhere place running for president for some fuckin reason like klob or tim scott

I thought Klob was a governor?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I thought Klob was a governor?

prosecutor turned senator

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

a funny thing is how much better even klob would be at being president than Biden. lol dem voters

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

lumpentroll posted:

prosecutor turned senator

Senatrix

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Best Friends posted:

a funny thing is how much better even klob would be at being president than Biden. lol dem voters

she would have nuked gaza by now

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

the milk machine posted:

she would have nuked gaza by now

sending combs instead of forks in the humanitarian aid food packages

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
In the book there's a lot more detail about how screwed up the park is, they have the computerized counting system to make sure no dinosaurs escape but whoops they never programmed it to count EXTRA dinosaurs so when they start breeding and getting loose the computer thinks everything is still fine. The dinosaurs are hosed up behaviorally too because they've been bred in captivity, the raptors are basically feral. There's a whole long scene at the end too where they have to exterminate a raptor nest and the Costa Rican army comes in and gasses the island.

It's pretty interesting how they trimmed down the story for the film, it lost a little bit of edge but flows really well.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

the army from costa rica, a country that famously has no army. nice research there, crichton!!!

he also consulted with a dinosaur expert and told him he wanted to make velociraptors the boogeyman of his book. said expert told that they were too small, and that the monster he was looking for was deinonychus. he agreed and wrote in deinonychus but called them velociraptors anyway because the name was cooler. the discovery of utahraptor fossils in between the book and film release was a very lucky bit of timing.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the utahraptor fossils were planted by spielberg and the deep state

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

As a kid I read a book from the perspective of a pregnant utahraptor.

That is all

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

That is all

Oh poo poo I remember this too

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

John Della Volpe, Zoomer Expert

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

This time last year libs thought that Biden winning in 2024 was basically assured because of Roe v Wade and the Republican base all sacrificing themselves to Corona for Applebee's

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I don't even know what they mean when they say "because Roe v. Wade." Do Dem legislators have a bill ready to go that will bring back the effects of that court decision? Do they believe it will pass? Would a Catholic president sign it? Will the court not still be majority chud and rule it unconstitutional?

Have they thought any of this through?

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

That is all

raptor red? one of my absolute faves as a kid

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Animal-Mother posted:

I don't even know what they mean when they say "because Roe v. Wade." Do Dem legislators have a bill ready to go that will bring back the effects of that court decision? Do they believe it will pass? Would a Catholic president sign it? Will the court not still be majority chud and rule it unconstitutional?

I think the idea is that since abortion stuff is the energizing factor for the base once they repealed it, all the R voters would dust their hands off, nod, and stop voting forever regardless of what happened like they themselves did

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
a group of about 10 Nazis (one of them an actual German Nazi, the rest a mix of Americans and Canadians) attempted to pull off a Bay of Pigs style invasion of the tiny island nation of Dominica in 1981, intending to install a puppet government, institute racial apartheid, and ally themselves with South Africa.

they rented a boat to sail to Dominica, but instead of just telling the owner that they were renting it to go on a fishing excursion or something, they told the owner they needed the boat for a top secret CIA operation. he called the cops immediately, resulting in them getting arrested by local cops at the dock with crates full of weapons, ammunition, explosives, and a swastika flag. upon arresting them, the local police discovered that there were also not one, not two, but three undercover ATF agents on the boat.

one of the plotters promptly committed suicide to avoid prison, although the rest received such lenient sentences that he's probably regretting this in the afterlife. one of the men would leave neo-Nazi politics to get into the slightly less shady world of professional soccer management before eventually being permanently barred from the sport by FIFA for cheating, while another became a drug dealer and got shot dead by a customer during an argument in 2005. most notably, one of them, Don Black, later founded a neo-Nazi website you've probably heard of, Stormfront.

had they made it to Dominica their plan was - taking it as a given that a dozen armed civilians could conquer an island with a population of tens of thousands - to then call for white volunteers from foreign countries, raise an army, and use Dominica as a staging ground for an invasion of Barbados

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Animal-Mother posted:

Do you think the median voter has any idea what would actually be required to get back to the pre-Dobbs status quo?

Dems have been doing way better in the midterms and specials than you'd historically expect for the last 3 years given economics and incumbency. Is this folks getting real mad about Dobbs? Is this R's Coronaciding themselves? Is this Trump shifting the R coalition towards voters who only show up for him? Is this R's getting too publicly weird and scaring normies?

Probably yes to all of those. No idea if Biden himself will benefit from any of it.

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019
teen tit film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCIP0pkrU1Y

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mister Bates posted:

had they made it to Dominica their plan was - taking it as a given that a dozen armed civilians could conquer an island with a population of tens of thousands - to then call for white volunteers from foreign countries, raise an army, and use Dominica as a staging ground for an invasion of Barbados

Why would you be able to invade one country with a dozen dudes, but need an army for the next one?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Dems having been embracing covid nearly as hard as the gop, wouldn't they essentially even out?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

GodFish posted:

Dems having been embracing covid nearly as hard as the gop, wouldn't they essentially even out?

Dems are largely mask avoidant and big "get-back-to-the-office" 'ers. Rs are the same on the second one, somehow even worse on the first one, and also have a big antivax contingent.

The Covid vaccines actually work pretty good, so even though Dems are likely exposing themselves to Covid as much as Reps theres a notable outcome difference.

I don't know how trustworthy it is, but the number I saw number nerds throwing around on twitter is that if a D won in the midterm by like 0.1%-0.2% thats probably attributable to Covid, though I'd have to assume that heavily depends on exactly where the race was.

One More Fat Nerd has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Feb 27, 2024

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Mister Bates posted:

a group of about 10 Nazis (one of them an actual German Nazi, the rest a mix of Americans and Canadians) attempted to pull off a Bay of Pigs style invasion of the tiny island nation of Dominica in 1981, intending to install a puppet government, institute racial apartheid, and ally themselves with South Africa.

they rented a boat to sail to Dominica, but instead of just telling the owner that they were renting it to go on a fishing excursion or something, they told the owner they needed the boat for a top secret CIA operation. he called the cops immediately, resulting in them getting arrested by local cops at the dock with crates full of weapons, ammunition, explosives, and a swastika flag. upon arresting them, the local police discovered that there were also not one, not two, but three undercover ATF agents on the boat.

one of the plotters promptly committed suicide to avoid prison, although the rest received such lenient sentences that he's probably regretting this in the afterlife. one of the men would leave neo-Nazi politics to get into the slightly less shady world of professional soccer management before eventually being permanently barred from the sport by FIFA for cheating, while another became a drug dealer and got shot dead by a customer during an argument in 2005. most notably, one of them, Don Black, later founded a neo-Nazi website you've probably heard of, Stormfront.

only slightly less poorly planned than the Nazi plan to invade England

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
And that plan was called, you guessed it-

Operation Kramer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Bill Clinton telling a packed room how hot he thought an underaged Peruvian mummy was