Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
blue wall? more like blue, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao Wisconsin and Pennsylvania now. :fork:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Um, excuse me, but I think that you'll find that if you remove all of the polls which are favorable to Trump and therefore FAKE NEWS, Joe Biden is clearly the most beloved president in history. :smug:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
unskew the record

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Coolness Averted posted:

unskew the record

unskew reality

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I don't necessarily want trump to win but when he won last time it was very funny so, if that has to be the case, there's a silver lining.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LuxuryLarva posted:

I don't necessarily want trump to win but when he won last time it was very funny so, if that has to be the case, there's a silver lining.

I don’t want Trump to win but I do want the democrats to get Whig’d so I’ll just appreciate that at least his overwhelming victory is going to be very funny.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I don't want Trump to win but I want Trump to win

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Literally worse foreign policy than Reagan. Eat poo poo in hell, Joe.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I want both Trump and Biden to lose, which is why I'm voting for neither of them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

I want both Trump and Biden to lose, which is why I'm voting for neither of them.

A vote for neither of them is a vote for both of them!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

A vote for neither of them is a vote for both of them!

I will never recover politically

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i want biden to lose in a humiliating landslide. or possibly get caught in a literal landslide, shattering his brittle bones and leaving him permanently disabled. either works, really.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
They call him Mr glass

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The funniest timeline would be if both candidates died peacefully in their sleep at ripe old age, shortly before the election but not at quite the same time. Like god could give one party a week to celebrate before dragging their candidate down to Hell as well.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i want biden to lose in a humiliating landslide. or possibly get caught in a literal landslide, shattering his brittle bones and leaving him permanently disabled. either works, really.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
abstractly, I want somebody in their forties to primary biden on any meaningful platform and then win the general

if that does not happen, I want trump to win and biden to die during that term so at least the 2028 election can be a fresh pull all around

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if trump survives through the election, i'd really rather he didn't die in office. his vp is definitely going to be a complete psycho freak. with biden, it doesn't really matter much because harris' brain is almost as fried as his. also, harris becoming president for a month would be super funny. that'd probably kill hillary outright.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

if trump survives through the election, i'd really rather he didn't die in office. his vp is definitely going to be a complete psycho freak. with biden, it doesn't really matter much because harris' brain is almost as fried as his. also, harris becoming president for a month would be super funny. that'd probably kill hillary outright.

finally Pell grant recipients who start a business in a minority community for three years will have their day

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Platystemon posted:

The funniest timeline would be if both candidates died peacefully in their sleep at ripe old age, shortly before the election but not at quite the same time. Like god could give one party a week to celebrate before dragging their candidate down to Hell as well.

I'd be like when Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon got fired within hours of each other and the media whiplash was hilarious.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Yeah keep dreamin', Nikki

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

harris running as an incumbent with the weight of the DNC behind her is a nightmare scenario. and entirely believable since as we've already seen the DNC has no better ideas

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

smug jeebus posted:

Yeah keep dreamin', Nikki

Nikki Haley would absolutely gently caress up even this layup.

Good Citizen posted:

finally Pell grant recipients who start a business in a minority community for three years will have their day

The Pell Grant thing is really funny, but my favorite underappreciated plank of her platform of grand system change was to end poverty by filling potholes.

quote:

Alexander Burns
Tell me if you totally disagree with this, obviously, right? But on the one hand in the race, you have Warren and Sanders, who very clearly want to restructure society, right?

Kamala Harris
Right.

Alexander Burns
And on the other side — you’re shaking your head.

Kamala Harris
Yeah, well, because I’m not trying to restructure society. I’m just trying to take care of the issues that wake people up in the middle of the night.

Alexander Burns
Yeah. And you think those people can be essentially relieved of that in a meaningful, durable way without changing fundamental structures?

Kamala Harris
Well, no, no, no. But let me tell you the fundamental structures that I think about. And it’s probably not what you have in mind, but it’s certainly how I think about it. Infrastructure — America’s infrastructure, 125, 150 years old, bridges and highways falling apart. Almost half of American families are a $400 unexpected expense away from complete upheaval. Do you know how much four tires cost?

Alexander Burns
I don’t.

Kamala Harris
It’s about that.

Kamala Harris
But — I know, but this is my point about the details of how I think about it. Because here’s how I think about the whole infrastructure issue. People are driving every day on roads and bridges that have potholes. Why do you need to buy new tires? Because you’re driving on those drat potholes every day. Another fact that I know to be true for working families, many working families cannot afford to live where they work. So they got these long commutes, and their cars are breaking down. Like, this is what I mean about looking at the policy through the lens of real people. I would —

Now, I don’t know. Do you call that grand systems change or not? I don’t know. But I’ll tell you that it’ll have a profound impact on a lot of people’s lives — profound.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

many working families cannot afford to live where they work so we should make sure they dont hit any potholes on their long commutes is so bewilderingly perfect.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the problems are bad, but the causes... the causes are very good

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My life was better with Trump in charge. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. Biden will lose because outside of his sheltered base, a lot of people feel he botched the economic recovery after 2020 or has done abhorrent things during his tenure to the point they no longer consider him the lesser evil.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

super sweet best pal posted:

My life was better with Trump in charge. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. Biden will lose because outside of his sheltered base, a lot of people feel he botched the economic recovery after 2020 or has done abhorrent things during his tenure to the point they no longer consider him the lesser evil.

yeah but i imagine 100% of his base as blunderbuss wielding prospectors complaining about the homersexuals, and that really scares me

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

super sweet best pal posted:

In 100 years, if histories are still being written, Trump will be mostly forgotten other than the trivia of his terms being split. But Biden will be the guy that is pointed to as making the decisions and actions that cost America its place at the top of the world stage.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Both are evil clowns but only one is funny.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

post hole digger posted:

many working families cannot afford to live where they work so we should make sure they dont hit any potholes on their long commutes is so bewilderingly perfect.

yeah Kamala is like the platonic ideal of a democrat politician lol it's great

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Thoguh posted:

In 100 years, if histories are still being written, Trump will be mostly forgotten other than the trivia of his terms being split. But Biden will be the guy that is pointed to as making the decisions and actions that cost America its place at the top of the world stage.

him and, of course, Hillary

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Thoguh posted:

In 100 years, Trump will be remembered as a Andrew Jackson figure who so completely dominated and reshaped national politics, for better or worse, that he defines the entire period. Obama will be the one reduced to trivia answer a la John Quincy Adams (First Black President!).

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think obama will be remembered for the 2008 bailout as a major milestone in the dismantling of the social contract

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Can someone tell me what the platform is of the national Democrat Party?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

The controller they pass you is still a greasy madcatz but it's not covered in dorito dust

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Nichael posted:

"have you seen the other guy????"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Nichael posted:

obliterate palestine, more money for elon, german shepherds

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nichael posted:

-More money for us
-gently caress you

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ORANGBE MAN BAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sometimes Democrat partiers commit war crimes while wearing Pride stickers. Pretty cool!