Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This poo poo is so loving weird.
That lovely robot being touted as the next big revolution in robotics meanwhile we can go and see a video of what Boston Dynamics is doing?
The Yacc posts about X taking over the internet, posted on 2024 Twitter...

It's like the last person on top of the sinking Titanic screaming We're going to Barbados!

We can *see* the water is 100% over the boat just loving jump, dimbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
elon would scream falklands, not barbados

(because he doesn't like black people)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
(because he a racist piecea poo poo)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Working at Spotify isn't much better than working at X though

oh word

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

You told it to Earth. Thank.

If Musk was even 1% of the genius he hypes himself as, we'd be telling it to Mars, but he can't even do that

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Human like robots are so stupid as there are many better configurations of robots that can actually do a specific tasks really well and none of the are “human body walking upright”

Elon just wants a sex bot

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We’re all mad that mechs aren’t practical

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Human like robots are so stupid as there are many better configurations of robots that can actually do a specific tasks really well and none of the are “human body walking upright”

Elon just wants a sex bot

Probably more of an all purpose slave that makes you feel in your little black heart that you own a slave. (also to have sex with).

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

excuse me but Elon would never do something as gross as having sex

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the future should look like the future - x

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1761449708550332679?t=ff6mGWnMKymmsGttJQm27Q&s=19

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1761440106651713991

This woman deserves a particularly painful, non-treatable cancer within her instead of what she is on society.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

normal people dont have broken micro dicks from drug use and Apartheid purity inbreeding

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Truly one of the great orators of our time. Thank you X the everything app for sharing her wisdom as widely as possible.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002
gently caress yeah Taylor is being brutal.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

my man is so good at talking... a natural

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Three Olives posted:

This woman deserves a particularly painful, non-treatable cancer within her instead of what she is on society.

Hopefully this spreads and shows how much of a dumb poo poo she is. What a loving ghoul.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Three Olives posted:

What a fetid abortion. Absolute vacuum brain.

monitor is on

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

And yes, Chaya is wearing a Taylor Lorenz shirt as some kind of own.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Three Olives posted:

Lol, god. Not much going upstairs once things go outside of regurgitating simple talking points for the base to lap up.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

down1nit posted:

Re:The robot: It's probably good enough for fashion advertising.

Not sure if :thejoke: but I think we use hot human models for that, not boring rear end robots.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

BigglesSWE posted:

When will X start to stream music I wonder. Need to know for how long my wife’s cushy job at Spotify is safe from the competition.

Tell her to stop loving with the Like button, bring back the heart icon and make it add songs to my Liked songs and that’s it :argh:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, god. Not much going upstairs once things go outside of regurgitating simple talking points for the base to lap up.

Its a lie

Ahhh..

Its its a lie

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Three Olives posted:

:yeah:

Just completely dog poo poo for brains.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Chuds touch reality and it all falls apart, how about that hey

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Three Olives posted:

This is the interview bluesky is melting down over? Lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1_QhJ1EhQ

Saw someone post this in the comments of an article about elon's lovely robot video. The commenter said something to the effect of "bad article, you can't possibly understand how difficult it is to replicate a human gait with robotics and here you are making fun of this achievement." Then another person replied with that video from a year ago ^

I guess it's easy to lose track of advancements in robotics but this is nuts. Like my brain wants to tell me it's one of those really convincing fake viral videos. It's loving hilarious how unbelievably pathetic elon's company's thing is compared to this poo poo.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I would prefer the robot did not throw a full tool box at me while standing on a relatively small platform at height and then shove a box off another platform without checking what's below.

The difference between Elon and BD is they go "hey this is a fun tech demo of what we're working on", Elon would sell this as a fully functional sexbot and say all the toolbox based concussions were caused by DeWoke and Milwoke sponsoring the trans Olympics or whatever.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Milwoke" lmao, that's actually a pretty advanced pun

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

explosivo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1_QhJ1EhQ

Saw someone post this in the comments of an article about elon's lovely robot video. The commenter said something to the effect of "bad article, you can't possibly understand how difficult it is to replicate a human gait with robotics and here you are making fun of this achievement." Then another person replied with that video from a year ago ^

I guess it's easy to lose track of advancements in robotics but this is nuts. Like my brain wants to tell me it's one of those really convincing fake viral videos. It's loving hilarious how unbelievably pathetic elon's company's thing is compared to this poo poo.

The one thing I hate about this video is that the way it’s shot makes it look so fake for some reason. I dunno if it’s the frame rate or the camera movement or just the uncanny movement of the robot itself, but it feels like CGI even though I know it isn’t

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Musks robot walks around like CJ in GTA:Sa lol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Kit Walker posted:

The one thing I hate about this video is that the way it’s shot makes it look so fake for some reason. I dunno if it’s the frame rate or the camera movement or just the uncanny movement of the robot itself, but it feels like CGI even though I know it isn’t

I really think it's sped up like 5x to 10 x. That thing is slower than molasses in reality.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I Greyhound posted:

I really think it's sped up like 5x to 10 x. That thing is slower than molasses in reality.

Then why does it fall at the right speed?

Pretty sure it looks fake because they use tightly controlled drone cameras, which adds to the uncanney valley effect.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Then why does it fall at the right speed?

They turned gravity down, duh

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's the HDR, the perfectly smooth stabilized camera that looks like it's keyframed, a prancing robot which we've only seen in CGI until recently, there's so much going on here that could've only been faked until just a few years ago...

It's like watching a giant hunk of metal fall from the sky and land smoothly on the X through a tracking camera like here at 1m14s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6ppby3JC8&t=74s

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Can't wait for some religious conservative to start trolling him about IVF. Guess he went 5 times in a row with it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

rowkey bilbao posted:

Not sure if :thejoke: but I think we use hot human models for that, not boring rear end robots.

Robots can be thinner and more sticklike than any human.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Willatron posted:

A Boston dynamics Chad-bot will tear one of these to shreds. Pathetic scrawny robot.

Could you imagine how much cooler the show Robot Wars could be now???

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The Lone Badger posted:

Robots can be thinner and more sticklike than any human.

Elon will only build robots sporting peak performance builds like so:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

Elon will only build robots sporting peak performance builds like so:

ROCK 'EM SOCK 'EM ELONS