Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

I said come in! posted:

Jesus, game really blew up this weekend. 234,016 players online right now. :prepop:

this is a sidebar, but do you have any high monolith characters you hadn't checked out since launch? like, ones where you were trying to push rarity? when they changed how the monolith scales, they left people in that position a funny present for a few maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Jack Trades posted:

There's a reason why "running the campaign 15 times" was mentioned specifically.

this is why theres no dialogue in ere. you just keep drat replying without answering

Is that a yes? Say it. Or stfu

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Anybody wanna do 200 corruption orobyss farming with me? the idea is we get orobyss ready on our own monos then call each other in when ready.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Syrinxx posted:

I'm trying to follow this maxroll shaman totem build but I'm not sure I understand. It's a shitload of button presses just to clear trash. Summon crows, summon 3 totems which only last a few seconds, switch to spriggarn, push a few more things, maybe summon a healing totem?

Is there a better shaman build that's more straightforward and I can just blast through poo poo on the screen without endlessly summoning poo poo that either dies or does underwhelming damage?

edit: There is an upgrade to spriggarn form that makes the healing totems shoot thorns. Now it makes a little more sense, will continue with this guide for a bit

Yeah, you eventually get to the point where you're spamming healing/thorn totems three at a time with like nine total, and spamming them is a rage positive due to Memories of Eterra in the thorn tree, so you never have to drop Spriggan form. It doesn't click until you get all those pieces in place, but once it does it is one of my favorite builds. It melts everything and it's very durable unless you just stand in a big boss attack or something.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Erulisse posted:

Is it really impossible to change 'mastery'?

It is, sadly. One of the things I wish they'd change since the build to getting your mastery is the most boring part of the game.

I said I don't mind replaying the campaign but if they don't want to allow respeccing mastery, it would be nice if they allowed a jump to getting your mastery and having 20 points available in your main skill for people who have already advanced a character of that class that far

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Erulisse posted:

Is it really impossible to change 'mastery'?

yeah lmao

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Erulisse posted:

this is why theres no dialogue in ere. you just keep drat replying without answering

Is that a yes? Say it. Or stfu

Can you really not put two and two together? Do you always have someone else to chew for for you?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My warlock is level 84 and I still hadn't found the unique helm that I want (Boneclamor) so I used most of my favor on a bunch of dungeon prophecies and did a Lightless Arbor. Got 3 of the helms, including one with 3 LP lol. Also an Aaron's Will and a few other fairly rare uniques despite this only being a tier 2 dungeon/prophecies. I think minmax people will want to go for the bazaar faction since you can eventually buy exactly the idols/uniques/exalteds your build wants but the prophecies and passive boosts from CoF are pretty good too.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

StarkRavingMad posted:

It is, sadly. One of the things I wish they'd change since the build to getting your mastery is the most boring part of the game.

I said I don't mind replaying the campaign but if they don't want to allow respeccing mastery, it would be nice if they allowed a jump to getting your mastery and having 20 points available in your main skill for people who have already advanced a character of that class that far

Its sad tbh, for all the "respecs are basically free" and then a wall.
Welp, legacy broken builds still there so :v

Jack Trades posted:

Can you really not put two and two together? Do you always have someone else to chew for for you?

unlike your dumb rear end I prefer not to assume

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Suprfli6 posted:

My warlock is level 84 and I still hadn't found the unique helm that I want (Boneclamor) so I used most of my favor on a bunch of dungeon prophecies and did a Lightless Arbor. Got 3 of the helms, including one with 3 LP lol. Also an Aaron's Will and a few other fairly rare uniques despite this only being a tier 2 dungeon/prophecies. I think minmax people will want to go for the bazaar faction since you can eventually buy exactly the idols/uniques/exalteds your build wants but the prophecies and passive boosts from CoF are pretty good too.

Where were you farming for it before that you hadn't gotten one?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

totalnewbie posted:

Where were you farming for it before that you hadn't gotten one?

I hadn't really been target farming it, just working my way through monoliths for blessings and getting started on empowered monoliths. I've just been running a low life ward build with Exsang, Last Steps of the Living, and Mortality's Grasp since those are random uniques that had dropped for me.

Looks like I also got a 1LP Wraithlord helm, that might be fun to mess around with.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I used to think the PoE thread brought out the worst in people but it turns out some goons are insufferable wherever they're posting.

I'm playing a generic minion necromancer at the moment. If I want to pivot to minion ailments what's the best option? I've done bleed before and it seems pretty good, just wondering if poison or ignite might be a better alternative.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think it's just ARPG players in general.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonetta posted:

this is a sidebar, but do you have any high monolith characters you hadn't checked out since launch? like, ones where you were trying to push rarity? when they changed how the monolith scales, they left people in that position a funny present for a few maps

I havent! I should make it a point to do that now though.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

ubachung posted:

I used to think the PoE thread brought out the worst in people but it turns out some goons are insufferable wherever they're posting.

it's an arpg player thing for sure.

ubachung posted:

I'm playing a generic minion necromancer at the moment. If I want to pivot to minion ailments what's the best option? I've done bleed before and it seems pretty good, just wondering if poison or ignite might be a better alternative.

bleed might be the only viable one for casual zoo necro. there's generic damage over time stuff for minions, so you might be able to scale both bleed and posion together, but I couldn't get an ignite build going as zoo necro.

I said come in! posted:

I havent! I should make it a point to do that now though.

post the numbers!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Argh, the server hiccuped and I died during the boss fight of Lightless Arbor, then disconnected me. So uh, don't do Dungeons right now I guess is my message.

Also, are all the dungeons such drags? LA was just way too huge and sprawling. I felt like I wasn't even getting that much Exp for it, either?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

ubachung posted:

Once the servers stabilize I was thinking of doing a toxic skeleton shepherd. Here's the build I had in mind:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/EALkn8no (I didn't set up equipment, just skills/passives.)

It is very much a glass cannon. Obviously this is just a theorycraft so I won't know how it actually performs but the idea is this:

Have a bunch of skeleton rogues chucking acid flasks at enemies while being little tiny blenders. Aura of Decay makes everything suffer. Wandering Spirits is "press button, free damage." Volatile Zombie cuz they'll shamble up to foes, puke, then explode, also serves as your spammable mana dump. Transplant for escaping sticky spots & general survival.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Thanks for the replies. I guess respeccing in this game is easy enough that I can afford to experiment a bit.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Argh, the server hiccuped and I died during the boss fight of Lightless Arbor, then disconnected me. So uh, don't do Dungeons right now I guess is my message.

Also, are all the dungeons such drags? LA was just way too huge and sprawling. I felt like I wasn't even getting that much Exp for it, either?

The dungeons have maps that are semi random but typically you always want to head in the same general direction to get to the next floor, and once you know the general layout they are much quicker.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

I'm trying to follow this maxroll shaman totem build but I'm not sure I understand. It's a shitload of button presses just to clear trash. Summon crows, summon 3 totems which only last a few seconds, switch to spriggarn, push a few more things, maybe summon a healing totem?

Is there a better shaman build that's more straightforward and I can just blast through poo poo on the screen without endlessly summoning poo poo that either dies or does underwhelming damage?

edit: There is an upgrade to spriggarn form that makes the healing totems shoot thorns. Now it makes a little more sense, will continue with this guide for a bit

BalorMage on Twitch has been doing a Shaman Totem build https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/WQJmpNbA he said it is less button pressing than Maxroll, not done this one myself yet but he's been playing variants of it over the years.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Hey please stop the slapfight about the campaign, it’s an interesting design decision for any arpg and worth talking about how to handle it well but the current discourse is unproductive.

:thanks:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

two hours later just farming 200c monos. no bazaar interactions.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
gently caress, I wish I knew that before playing online, I would have just played offline if I knew the merchant's guild sucked poo poo (compared to the other faction)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Welp, just reached a level where I can find rogue armor that has flat +falcon damage on it as the implicits, which suddenly doubled my damage. Seems a little weird to stick so much power into something like that, tbh.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Erulisse posted:

Its sad tbh, for all the "respecs are basically free" and then a wall.
Welp, legacy broken builds still there so :v

unlike your dumb rear end I prefer not to assume

Go away from the thread for a while, you're just trying to stir poo poo up and it's exasperating.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
No more tedious little slapfights please. TY thread.

e: lmao I didn't see Kaysette already got here. Well - same

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 25, 2024

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

pnumoman posted:

gently caress, I wish I knew that before playing online, I would have just played offline if I knew the merchant's guild sucked poo poo (compared to the other faction)

Realistically you can still just go play offline now and leverage your experience from your previous playthrough to get through the next. However, I must warn you that the grind for cof is arguably worse since you can't cheese rep through 0 gold item listing. It is the obviously the better faction and you should swap to it regardless if you reroll or not.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

theres so many 3lp and 4lp uniques in t he market for basically free.. . . soon, soon . . .i will be rank 8 and they'l be all MINE !

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Lpzie posted:

two hours later just farming 200c monos. no bazaar interactions.

So about 12 hours to max out faction? That seems not unreasonable.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Watching angry manbabies lose their poo poo in real time on the official discord is a great way to spend the time waiting for transitions/login if that's still happening to you

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

rafikki posted:

So I work on my offline character while waiting on loading screens :D yes, i know it's dumb

hell yeah

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

You really are Elentor aren't you? lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Kalman posted:

So about 12 hours to max out faction? That seems not unreasonable.

no, there's still 2 more ranks. .. and it's faster if you spend favor buying 0 gold items since that favor becomes reputation at like x3 .

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I should have just created an offline guy (did SSF AF anyway :v:). I'm only level 16 but leveling as rogue has been kind of meh so far. Just hitting one button to kill and then dashing with the other skill. I just got my bird and then I got the ole LE-61.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What do the integers next to the affix and suffix slots in the Forge screen mean? Not the Tier numbers.

Edit: Oh I think it's the number of shards necessary to upgrade

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Barreft posted:

You really are Elentor aren't you? lol

Who is this Elentor everyone keeps bringing up?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Tiny Timbs posted:

What do the integers next to the affix and suffix slots in the Forge screen mean? Not the Tier numbers.

That's how many of that shard you have.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Suburban Dad posted:

I should have just created an offline guy (did SSF AF anyway :v:). I'm only level 16 but leveling as rogue has been kind of meh so far. Just hitting one button to kill and then dashing with the other skill. I just got my bird and then I got the ole LE-61.

I also rolled a falcon rogue today and had the same experience., minus the LE-61. It starts to feel so much better once you get explosive trap. The little ping sounds when you use it tickle the neurons. Also it kills the poo poo out of things. Although, still not as easy-breezy as my warlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Horace Kinch posted:

Who is this Elentor everyone keeps bringing up?

They were a goon who worked at EHG for a while in a technical design role , who seemed to be managed out of the company in a pretty lovely way.