Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

They want English to be the only language on earth

But why? They never leave their hometown except to go on a cruise or to Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
The Bush years had plenty of outright racism to anyone they perceived as Middle Eastern, which was mostly given a pass because of the wars and "strong feelings after 9/11". Before then you had a gradient of confederate poo poo that the GOP would make "he's a man of his time" noises about. There was a Republican comms fad of trying to work the word "niggardly" into conversation and then pretending to be persecuted for using a perfectly good dictionary word.
The big difference is the media used to make the GOP issue "this does not represent us" statements, but now things are "considered racially charged", they allow Republicans to claim they haven't heard it without followup, and those remarks are allowed to be one-week scandals (if that).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

That is the most on-brand loving thing I have ever heard.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Trump doing the "they wouldn't even let ME gently caress the congressional medal of honor..." but in real life. :lol:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It's great seeing the GOP self-own over IVF. It's kind of disheartening, though, that the only thing to consistently trip them up is how batshit insane some of their members are.

It's like, hey Average American Voter: the "mainstream" GOP sucks really hard, too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
well if mainstream Rs are this sucky, that must mean that Dems are just so radical woke.

my south park both sides equation must be balanced.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

When he says gangs will be invading the area suburban women live, all his followers hear exactly what he actually said "black people will be allowed to move into your white suburbs, people!"

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
You were the loving president. Tens of millions voted for you. You are the loving establishment now.
Japanese interment for one. Native genocide. And oh yeah, loving SLAVERY.

Piece of poo poo. Stolen loving valor. "I prefer troops that don't get captured." Those that died at Normandy are "losers" and "suckers." Avoiding STDs was his "personal Vietnam."

GOD DO I HATE THIS MAN

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 24, 2024

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
People/Media are missing the space that the GOP is giving themselves in the IVF rake they stepped on big time.

Their issue is not IVF and by allowing them to argue that it is, they are winning, their issue is the destruction of embryos that is invariably part of making IVF successful/barely affordable.

They are going to talk all day long about how much they love in support IVF, they can hold that view and simultaneously hold the view that they would love not to discuss that they fully oppose the destruction of unimplanted embryos, which means IVF is practically illegal.

It's like them saying they fully support gay people, as long as they aren't all gay and poo poo in public, at work or in school, also they aren't allowed to have sex in private and they aren't allowed to have any special rights like marrying their spouse for legal reasons like making medical decisions for them without having to get a court to rule that their medical power of attorney is valid and forcing the Catholic hospital they are at to honor it. Hate the sin, love the sinner!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gotta interrupt slurring dementia grandpa for a minute because lonely cat poop man posted this

Absolutely. Go for it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Nocheez posted:

But why? They never leave their hometown except to go on a cruise or to Disney.

Because if you cant understand someone you have to assume they are plotting to attack and dethrone god

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Hazo posted:

Gotta interrupt slurring dementia grandpa for a minute because lonely cat poop man posted this

Gotta love it when olds fail to understand technology so they just get angry at it like when the monolith appears in Planet of the Apes.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Making out with the flag again at CPAC today

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

That bit of hair right in the middle is doing a lot of work.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guaranteed he saw that one post of the lady saying him hugging the flag “means something to her” and now every time he shows his face in public he will hump a flag for the ladies and commit a crime / hawk a gold shoe for the blacks

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Haystack posted:

The issue for the GOP isn't the christofascists voting (they're good at that), it's the true belivers getting into positions of power and doing poo poo like making IVF illegal, which alienates everone who isn't a diehard christofascist.

yeah, this time it feels different - in Alabama the christofacists have won. Now it's up to the legislature to update their constitution to maybe fix it (unclear if that would be enough in this case, considering the ruling specifics) and there will need to be explicit votes/law for IVF. I don't think the classic republican half-rear end mush mouth stuff will work here, cause if the hospitals are still spooked cause it's ambiguous, then IVF is not coming back. Women on the right, but who have used/need IVF might have some second thoughts.

Maybe this is the result of the Mitch McConnells of the world losing their grip, cause this seems like a wedge issue that will def come up in republican primaries.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Every morning I wake up and walk over to my full size American flag in my living room and I hug it

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you know, say what you will about trump

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1761496224862019881

I love how people kind of tacitly acknowledge that Mar-a-Lago is some elite private club when every phote that comes out of it is like if Golden Corral some sub-tier city in South Florida held an adult prom with an open bar.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 24, 2024

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
If god came down, people would move to California and make up 20 new religions in that week.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
if god came down they'd have him in chains hawking herbal supplements within a week

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

InsertPotPun posted:

you know, say what you will about trump

He’s a crampy abdomen with bloated gas that turns into a messy farty stinky night of sleeplessness that never ends

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

InsertPotPun posted:

if god came down they'd have him in chains hawking herbal supplements within a week

If god showed up, they wouldn't believe because it would contradict their personal story where they are the heroes. Having a dude show up from the heavens and tell them that they are the devil and all that would create too much cognitive dissonance. They'd try to find a way to kill god and immediatley become JRPG fans.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

if god came down they'd have him on a cross in two days, three days max.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

I love how people kind of tacitly acknowledge that Mar-a-Lago is some elite private club when every phone that comes out of it is like if Golden Corral some sub-tier city in South Florida held an adult prom with an open bar.

That was my thought as well. It comes across as a place that is absolutely valued at 18 million dollars.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

what if God was one of us?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hazo posted:

Absolutely. Go for it.

lmao'ing very hard right now

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

If god came to earth, I'd like to think it'd be for the sole purpose of walking around laser-beaming everyone to death like the machines from War of the Worlds.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Waltzing Along posted:

If god showed up, they wouldn't believe because it would contradict their personal story where they are the heroes. Having a dude show up from the heavens and tell them that they are the devil and all that would create too much cognitive dissonance. They'd try to find a way to kill god and immediatley become JRPG fans.

Was behind a Jeep today that had US MARINE CORPS stickers all over the back, and under the banner one across the top was just this evil fanged horror skull. Not a Punisher logo or anything like that, just straight up the kind of thing you would have as your logo if the one and only message you wanted to project to the world is "we are the baddies, bow down to us and Lord Dominator"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

He’s a crampy abdomen with bloated gas that turns into a messy farty stinky night of sleeplessness that never ends

Hey now, that's my physical state of being.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Goddaaaaaaamn

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The ad for gold IRAs is perfect

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FuturePastNow posted:

The ad for gold IRAs is perfect

The rapturous real-time endorsements of his various insane promises splaying across the chyrons, lmaoooo

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:lol:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Grey Cat posted:

Hey now, that's my physical state of being.

You ever consider a career in politics?

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024

gently caress yeah

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN