Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
mods stop steam achievements from unlocking and a small handful of Bonus Content you likely won't care about from appearing (eyes, cauldron, funny messages), but otherwise you can do whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hey, wanna see a panic attack?

https://i.imgur.com/dvMkq4m.mp4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I had that happen to me as I was deep in parallel worlds. Thankfully it happened right next to an (in-tact) HM portal so I hosed out of there and went back to the empty, dead home world.

Poly never stops being terrifying

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

pseudorandom name posted:

Hey, wanna see a panic attack?

I've posted this before but it seems topical
https://i.imgur.com/xVIWigx.mp4
Noita is definitely a horror game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have a promising run that I can't seem to load, I was teleporting upward near the lava pool and my game crashed to desktop. I verified game files, but when I attempt to Continue the run, it shows the cursor on a black screen and nothing else. I tried copying the file from the player.xml location, loading a new game, exiting, then pasting the old save into the the player.xml, and reloading. I can the game and level to load, but I can only use my equipped wand and can't interact otherwise.

I realize this is unlikely, but any suggestions on how to fix it?

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 11, 2024

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
peek-a-boo!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Gru got you

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Where'd that thing come from? :stare:

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Zamujasa posted:

Where'd that thing come from? :stare:

Trigger bolt releasing omega saw blade + accelerative Homing. It has a tendency to whip around wildly as it overshoots and end up wherever. You can see it in the first few frames

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HolHorsejob posted:

Trigger bolt releasing omega saw blade + accelerative Homing. It has a tendency to whip around wildly as it overshoots and end up wherever. You can see it in the first few frames

an excellent wand for a noita in a hurry

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I was passing between worlds to set up a reroll machine break and, while black holing downwards to visit more holy mountains, I got splashed with unstable polymorphine and then immediately shot by a sniper. Noita giveth, and Noita abruptly bullshitteth you unto death

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Roki B posted:

That's rad, thank you for answering!

Are they going to tell us if we can't figure it out eventually? I'm not going to go learn C++ engines or whatever to find out myself.

People who know this stuff very, very well have decompiled the game and know exactly what code spawns the eyes and exactly how that code works. It did not help.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I fungal shifted water into acid which immediately destroyed the floor of every Holy Mountain I entered and angered the Gods. This did mean that I was able to sneak around and back into Holy Mountain by luring Steve the other way, then set off the collapse to trap him inside. I then picked up eye plasma beam so was able to casually murder him at my leisure without having to fire a shot... the next level was Snowy Depths and my eyes turned the ice into water which of course was now acid and everything devolved into a panicked screaming as I raced about trying not to die. I picked up a multiple black hole wand and went back up to Fungal Caverns with it and took another gamble on fungal shifting, and successfully turned ambrosia into.... weird fungal vomit :ohdear:

Made it down to Hisii Base, more melting ice into acid but I was doing okay then a combination of things caused a propane tank to blow up next to me (my back, I was deliberately not looking at it!) and welp, that was a fun but doomed run!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

KillHour posted:

People who know this stuff very, very well have decompiled the game and know exactly what code spawns the eyes and exactly how that code works. It did not help.

My assumption is that whatever secret the eye message reveals isn't actually in the game executable yet, and will get patched in shortly after the message gets decoded.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

My assumption is that whatever secret the eye message reveals isn't actually in the game executable yet, and will get patched in shortly after the message gets decoded.

My assumption is that the eyes give you information, but the code related to spawning the eyes is nowhere near the code where you're expected to apply that information. It could be as simple as the eyes telling you a button combo that, if you apply it in the dark tunnel west of the mines, turns on a cheat, for example. I don't think that's what the message actually is, to be clear, but something similar where there's no innate source code connection between the eyes and the next step in the puzzle.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My assumption is that the eyes give you information, but the code related to spawning the eyes is nowhere near the code where you're expected to apply that information. It could be as simple as the eyes telling you a button combo that, if you apply it in the dark tunnel west of the mines, turns on a cheat, for example. I don't think that's what the message actually is, to be clear, but something similar where there's no innate source code connection between the eyes and the next step in the puzzle.

I agree with this.

IIRC, the devs have said that all the stuff related to the eyes is in the game already.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
1200 hours in this game and I matched my best win streak yesterday. 2.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Gromit posted:

1200 hours in this game and I matched my best win streak yesterday. 2.
I had a personal best streak going last week at 9 wins, then came home fairly drunk and thought some late night video games would be fun. Oh well.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

What the hell kind of nightmare wand is that

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a seeking-wiggly-blueball-killyoureself wand to me

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Pink mist (lol) + Homing + explosion on slimy + area teleport + 5 damage mods + 3 lifetime/path mods. It takes 3 seconds to kill a holy mountain statue

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

and considerably fewer seconds to kill Mina, it seems :v:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
For effective killing I still love damage-boosted notes spells on a trigger, but i really need to get out of my shell and start building madness wands, as they are always a lot of fun. For a brief period.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I never ever ever ever build one-tap hellwands with explosive damage unless I have explosive immunity.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

the smartest wand deployed in the smartest place

(homing + double bloodlust + heavy shot + teleporting + mu omega sawblade)

(this was immediately after one-shotting mestarien mestari)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HolHorsejob posted:

Aww look, it's hungry! Does it want numnums? Does it need some soft defenseless flesh to ravage? Does it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Angry Diplomat posted:

I never ever ever ever build one-tap hellwands with explosive damage unless I have explosive immunity.

"Yeah, then you're safe forever!" I declare, standing underneath a massive ceiling.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"Yeah, then you're safe forever!" I declare, standing underneath a massive ceiling.

Or near a master of vulnerability, or in the vicinity of acid barrels, or-

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Angry Diplomat posted:

Or near a master of vulnerability, or in the vicinity of acid barrels, or-

I was thinking about ways that Noita can gently caress with even a very secure witch, and now I want a new enemy type that just hangs out in the fungal caverns, doing nothing much, but in the right circumstances can perform a fungal shift.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I was thinking about ways that Noita can gently caress with even a very secure witch, and now I want a new enemy type that just hangs out in the fungal caverns, doing nothing much, but in the right circumstances can perform a fungal shift.

Ultra rare and unfathomably annoying Master of Toking whose projectiles apply 210 seconds of Tripping

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

HolHorsejob posted:

soon as you started trying to float away i just heard "no no no NO NO" in my head

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Angry Diplomat posted:

Ultra rare and unfathomably annoying Master of Toking whose projectiles apply 210 seconds of Tripping

new custom wand "blunto" with an always-cast "toke" that's just a smoke ring, but it's like the slime projectile in that it makes your wand constantly offgas thc, which slowly ramps up the tripping effect while you're in it

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

You can also eat tons of food with no negative effects.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Make it a slow moving smoke/mist that bypasses shields and repulsion fields (breathless grants immunity tho).

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Stop theory-crafting ways to make the game worse.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

What if there was a robot that fired a teleporting polymorphine auto-injector that instantly warped to your body????????

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

What if there was a Good Eye opposite the Evil Eye and there was an enemy that was invulnerable to all damage unless a Good/Evil Eye was present, but it randomly switches between mirroring 100x midas damage back at you if the wrong Eye is out? Also it fires projectiles that destroys terrain/physics objects and it will target any Eyes laying around.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Stop theory-crafting ways to make the game worse.

one goon's "worse" is another goon's "hilarious practical joke"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Hey I did say "slow moving" ;)

I just want to see streamers run screaming from it, this is just the larger twitch integration game.