Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm okay with the Malakai finish even if it was awkward cause it was different for AEW. Now Tony have Garcia lose to Andrade on the C2 OTOH? Just crazy

He was doing a thing there where Garcia lost all of his matches and then won the last one and winning against Brody put him into a long-term feud against HoB that at least ostensibly put him over, so I prefer that to him beating Andrade and then....that's it.

imo a cool cage match finish would've been if he destroyed Malakai, left him for dead and strode out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

Just offhand, I think Malakai Black could've put Daniel Garcia over a bit more by getting pinned or submitted by one of his wrestling holds rather than "not walking through a door quickly enough".

Daniel Garcia could have just pinned Edge clean too if he was gonna get the tnt title match anyway, but ya know, gotta protect everybody

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mooseinfants posted:

Daniel Garcia could have just pinned Edge clean too if he was gonna get the tnt title match anyway, but ya know, gotta protect everybody

I'm fine with protecting Copeland in that scenario because he is probably the one to beat Cage eventually and I do believe he'll do the right thing and put over Garcia some day, maybe even for this very title!

But there is a concerning pattern here. He got his win in the C2 by rolling Brody up (this is fine, he's a technical wrestling babyface, that's fine), he beat House of Black by blindly falling off the side of a cage, he got his title shot via a no contest because the other guy took a conchairto and he's...probably gonna lose his title shot.

Garcia is getting really, really over as a babyface, he's found the blend of having fun with the dancing and being a pro wrestler in the ring, and he's really starting to put it together as a complete performer in the ring and on the mic, so it'd be nice if somebody would actually put the fuckin' kid over.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He'll get over at the very same time that Ricky Starks does

No it's not related but it's a similar madness I experience watching Starks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Somewhat proud of Tony for not tweeting about it, the booker of the year deal

Just wait till he unleashes his 5 bar special brother

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Oh good, lazy whiny man comes back to beat cool, new man. Apparently Black's first singles match since June 2021!

MJeff posted:

The Bang Bang Scissor Gang story is so loving terrible, but I'll forgive it if it leads to BCG turning heel on these dorks and unifying the belts.

I think I saw it in the bad twitter take thread, but someone said that knowing AEW booking Okada will just be goofing off with the Best Friends in 3 months and while I'm sure that would be fun I'm kinda worried it'll happen after seeing Jay White going from main eventing the Tokyo Dome to whatever this thing with the Acclaimed is. As much as I like the Acclaimed, the BCG should be at the very top of the card.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who else is excited for rampage??!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I think DG could beat Christian. It'd be great for him and a nice surprise result from the expected one of Edge beating Christian, which is a feud that kinda doesn't need the tnt title anyway.

I don't hate BCG in the trios division. I think two sets of trios titles on AEW tv is obviously dumb though, and I'd also like to see some more trios teams made up of the people higher up the card though instead of more teams like Top Flight. Like I'd love to see a team of Mox/Claudio/Danileson get in the mix.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I think it's ok if the old guys beat the young guys sometimes, but they have to do it by being wily and using their experience, not just by kicking a lot of rear end. Old guys shouldn't be the last boss of the PPV, they should be the midcard gatekeepers and beating one of them should signify that you are reading for the upper midcard. This goes for Edge, Christian, Brock Anderson, Dustin Rhodes, etc.

Not Sting though he should beat everyone's rear end then take over Vader's white castle of fear and hang out in the rafters once in a while as a fun little easter egg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm okay with the way we got to Garcia/Cage if they actually go with Garcia winning. It'd make him and add an interesting wrinkle to Cage/Copeland feud

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

I'm fine with protecting Copeland in that scenario because he is probably the one to beat Cage eventually and I do believe he'll do the right thing and put over Garcia some day, maybe even for this very title!

But there is a concerning pattern here. He got his win in the C2 by rolling Brody up (this is fine, he's a technical wrestling babyface, that's fine), he beat House of Black by blindly falling off the side of a cage, he got his title shot via a no contest because the other guy took a conchairto and he's...probably gonna lose his title shot.

Garcia is getting really, really over as a babyface, he's found the blend of having fun with the dancing and being a pro wrestler in the ring, and he's really starting to put it together as a complete performer in the ring and on the mic, so it'd be nice if somebody would actually put the fuckin' kid over.

Tony has a lot of the same issues that Gedo is also demonstrating where he's convinced himself that he can just beat the young guys forever because there's plenty of time for them to be stars 'later', not realising he's kind of killing them dead and making it that much harder to get there.

In short: Either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become NOAH

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Tony has a lot of the same issues that Gedo is also demonstrating where he's convinced himself that he can just beat the young guys forever because there's plenty of time for them to be stars 'later', not realising he's kind of killing them dead and making it that much harder to get there.

In short: Either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become NOAH

I do not think that is Tony's booking philosophy at all. I think he has trouble keeping momentum going on big moments, but pulling the trigger on younger guys has never been one of his issues. Hangman, Julia Hart, Swerve, BCG, The Acclaimed, Toni Storm, Darby Allin, MJF.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 24, 2024

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MJeff posted:

How many touts does he have time to watch?

bring back touts

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i'm touting about how much i love vladimir kozlov

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Pylons posted:

I do not think that is Tony's booking philosophy at all. I think he has trouble keeping momentum going on big moments, but pulling the trigger on younger guys has never been one of his issues. Hangman, Julia Hart, Swerve, BCG, The Acclaimed, Toni Storm, Darby Allin, MJF.

And dont forget Riho.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Who else is excited for rampage??!

Me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i'd assume the BBSG storyline is leading to a trios title unification but who knows with tony. Maybe he should steal the NEVER openweight trios titles and unify all 3 for a Trios Crown

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The trios titles were a vanity project for The Elite that they quickly lost interest in, simple as

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i was watching maury and one of the evps was on

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thats papa buck

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

thats papa buck

"You are NOT the father!!"

Christian, in the crowd: :twisted:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

me telling tony to GB2GSB: :twisted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/taiji_ishimori/status/1761485016742433184

Colliders, we won.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder if he's just there to hang out with Jun.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I wonder if he's just there to hang out with Jun.

Danielson demanded to work the BONE SOLDIER, brother. He's doing a run-in after the match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Good: Ishimori is there.
Bad: He's doing the Bone Soldier Jr. Gimmick

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

whoever posted that silver shamrock halloween clip and said this is me when adam cole sdoes a promo, i lolled about it just now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Collision has two women's matches btw, continuing Punk's legacy as the Women Respecting show.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

women rule

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

women rule

amen

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

women rule

source?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Me: lover of men and women

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

women rule

COUNTERPOINT: dudes rock

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

both are so true

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MJeff posted:

Danielson demanded to work the BONE SOLDIER, brother. He's doing a run-in after the match.

He meant the former Captain New Japan

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be more into Ishimori having an AEW run if he did anything remotely interesting over the past 4 years or so

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Tonfa posted:

being the elite is back?

on the juice, big time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Benne posted:

I'd be more into Ishimori having an AEW run if he did anything remotely interesting over the past 4 years or so

He threw up a nazi salute during his entrance a couple of weeks ago, that was pretty interesting

Also BC Cutest Tag Team was fun

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

projecthalaxy posted:

He's hosting something called Wardlow's Meat Madness at the ppv and can stay at least until we see what that is

It's Archer vs Wardlow vs Hobbs in a triple threat wrestling match, which should be fun but I wanted it to be like the roster teaming up to eat 1000 cheeseburgers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I'll be the first brave soul to say it: I don't like matches with big meaty men bumping meat. If everyone is big, no one is big. Throw Marko Stunt into the Meat Machine