Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Haven't heard of anthem for awhile how is that game, well, going
the only thing about anthem that remains rent free in my mind is this terrible fansong where part of it kicks off with the guy enthusiastically singing the word TECHNOLOGYYYYYYYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jalmlrrvEp4

I had genuinely forgotten about anthem otherwise. Shame the mech suit movement stuff didn't make it into a better game...or a game at all really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Strange kinda does an F Plus, with an episode mostly reading an insane tumblr AITA post and the discussion is spawned…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIMb3PTrS0

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Did you know they made a devilman movie in the 2000s that everybody hated so much someone wrote a review of hell boy pretending it was the same movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owDYDJOOZqg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NHf93J0X0c

Jonathan looks at the guns of Helldivers 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/janem00n/status/1761292270769246270

the original creator of dasharezone is a trans woman who had control of her and her friends' project taken away from them by a dipshit greedy transphobic rear end in a top hat who only got interested when it started making money; he kept nearly all $250k of crowdfunding money for himself, shut them out, and converted it into a lovely content/merch mill.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 24, 2024

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

the original creator of dasharezone is a trans woman who had control of her and her friends' project taken away from them by a dipshit greedy transphobic rear end in a top hat who only got interested when it started making money; hekept nearly all $250k of crowdfunding money for himself, shut them out, and converted it into a lovely content/merch mill.

said rear end in a top hat is a goon, fyi

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

drew toothpaste wasn't a guy i would have suspected of succumbing to Internet Madness, but many surprising things happen on this bitch of an earth

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Drew Toothpaste is exactly the type of person I would expect this from.

Also lol dasharemywifez0ne

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the fat goon with a pedophile beard who made 8000 identical edgy skeleton memes is a scumball you say

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
da share my wife zone

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

da share my wife zone

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
this BITCH of an earth :argh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

da share my wife zone

lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHU7Pb3eSZ8

pairs nicely with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMjxxzq88R0

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Skip Intro guy is at it again let’s see if he actually watches L&O this time: https://youtu.be/1W4HwUnv5EE?si=BqmOwNkexBdFfRNo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

da share my wife zone

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol of course he took it over from a trans woman by threatening to accuse her of sex crimes. scum of the earth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if that guys a goon is his account still active

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

late to batman/joker talk but I like the telltale batman stuff a lot because bruce can form a genuine friendship with the game's version of the joker in that

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jaiden Animations meets a fan! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBDA7etHXY

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Whirling posted:

late to batman/joker talk but I like the telltale batman stuff a lot because bruce can form a genuine friendship with the game's version of the joker in that

it might be one of the few times choices actually mattered in a telltale game lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I think I've seen one video on the first topic linked ITT before, but the second one is a really interesting perspective.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
It was but she took it down to fix the editing error. Good to relink the fixed version.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1j_Q_JraL0
Dune: Islam, The West, and the Struggle for Humanity

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

Skip Intro guy is at it again let’s see if he actually watches L&O this time: https://youtu.be/1W4HwUnv5EE?si=BqmOwNkexBdFfRNo

Well?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

lol of course he took it over from a trans woman by threatening to accuse her of sex crimes. scum of the earth

that guy's an absolute piece of poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

trilobite terror posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1j_Q_JraL0
Dune: Islam, The West, and the Struggle for Humanity

Oh joy, Youtubers have figured out that Frank Herbert took inspiration for Dune from the events surrounding the origins of Islam and have begun spinning out ponderous essays about What It All Means.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh joy, Youtubers have figured out that Frank Herbert took inspiration for Dune from the events surrounding the origins of Islam and have begun spinning out ponderous essays about What It All Means.

nah, it's mostly about contemporary issues

don't be such an rear end

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s okay to be an rear end to YouTubers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Endorph posted:

if that guys a goon is his account still active

I think he used to post in cspam. His Twitter persona can best be described as "taintrunner"

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

The 7th Guest posted:

the original creator of dasharezone is a trans woman who had control of her and her friends' project taken away from them by a dipshit greedy transphobic rear end in a top hat who only got interested when it started making money; he kept nearly all $250k of crowdfunding money for himself, shut them out, and converted it into a lovely content/merch mill.

It does make sense, in many ways, I'm just wondering whatever happened to that card game, did anybody get their game?

It also falls in line with many art collectives like Obvious Plant and MSCHF (and maybe MeowWolf?) Where it is that battle between anti-capitalism and the need for merch to make a living.

It just sounds like Drew took the shitposting and tried to make it a lifestyle brand, like Big Dogs, and at the expense of a trans woman.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
what's the census on hotdiggigtydemon? He's an amazing animator but he's one of those types their style of humor just immediately attracts shitheads

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

what's the census on hotdiggigtydemon? He's an amazing animator but he's one of those types their style of humor just immediately attracts shitheads

This came up a while ago. They attract shitheads because they are a shithead.

Skippy McPants posted:

Took about ten seconds with Google to turn up a Twitter thread. Links to some of the receipts are defunct, but then there is this...

:nms: :nws: CONTENT WARNING: Slurs and Bigoted Caricatures. :nws: :nms:

So, yeah, gently caress that guy.

Edit: I've noticed a trend in the past few years of many bigoted and bigoted-adjacent content creators trying to pave over their past image. HBomb called it "Trolls Remorse" in his plagiarism video when talking about Internet Historian. People who hold terrible views, but not so loudly as they used to, because ad money don't like out-and-proud bigots.

But however much they try to scrub their brand, the internet remembers.. If someone gives you a bad feeling, there are usually some receipts only a Google or two away.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 25, 2024

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think he's one of the people whose entire thing is how he couldn't break into the animation industry because of the woke Calarts cabal making it impossible for white men to succeed and not that his vibes are immediately obviously rancid.

Also this is an old tweet and I know the website is horrible but why does the edgy My Little Pony artist have so many ride-or-dies :psyduck:.

mycot fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 25, 2024

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

mycot posted:

Also this is an old tweet and I know the website is horrible but why does the edgy My Little Pony artist have so many ride-or-dies :psyduck:.

Because fandom is identity and you never have to part ways with a creator you love(d) or self-reflect if you just decide that anyone who disagree with your isn't real.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

This one has a neat twist. It's actually about 15-minute city conspiracy theories and what makes people believe that kind of stuff.

PSA: Always watch PhilosophyTube videos with captions on. Not only are there hilarious descriptions of background music and audio cues, but she does text-only commentary over the credits.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

SimonChris posted:

PSA: Never watch PhilosophyTube

Anyway, I never got the conspiracy theory of 15 minute cities. Isn't that pretty basic Urban planning? To have everything you need to live close to you? Every city I lived in so far (Never lived in America) is set up like that...

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
no you see they want to put everybody into 15 minute cities so that eventually every municipality becomes balkanized from the rest and then it’s easier for them to take all of our guns and force us to get injections

never mind the fact that right wingers by-and-large hate urban cosmopolitanism and fetishize rurality and sub/exurbia and small towns in large part because they can balkanize their community from the rest and impose their own cultural/social/political will on it

some libs and leftists and bicycle-types are recommending it so now living in a small town is the bad kind of balkanization where you don’t know that the next city over got razed by Obamacopters until Kevin Costner on horseback comes and tells you instead of the ideal kind of balkanization where everybody’s white and they all attend the same church and all of the queers get burned in a big wicker man and nobody from the government comes and asks questions about it

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Archer666 posted:

Anyway, I never got the conspiracy theory of 15 minute cities. Isn't that pretty basic Urban planning? To have everything you need to live close to you? Every city I lived in so far (Never lived in America) is set up like that...

In the UK at least it's being rebranded by dickheads including our loving Prime Minister to be they want to take your cars away, it's anti car, that's anti freedom . This is at least in part because if your car doesn't meet Euro emission standards then you get charged for driving in central London, and London's current mayor is Labour so the tories and the right in general will monster everything that he does.

It's yet more culture war bullshit where the right latch on to something innocuous and convince people it's about taking their freedom.

Edit: TRY THAT IN A SMALL TOWN / BUT MAKE SURE IT'S A SMALL TOWN WITH NOWHERE FOR PEDESTRIANS TO WALK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

have you guys also had this issue on youtube's main page that i'm having?

normally it gives you a selection of recommended videos, right. and if you refresh the page it'll give you a new selection. now, much of the time, there will be like 2 or 3 of the same videos from before the refresh that once again appear, and that was usually normal. but now, no matter how many times i refresh, i'm seeing near 100% of the exact same selections as before, but just mixed in different orders.

it's getting really loving annoying :argh:

:lol:, I thought that was an upgrade. The normal way was always annoying to me, since I mostly look at my subscription-page and add new YouTubers mostly by word-of-mouth, if someone I'm already watching recommends someone, or has someone interesting as a guest, and sometimes people suggested in this thread. The recommended video page always showing up first when I logged in was something that always low-scale irritated me.

My first reaction to this happening was "thank gently caress they changed that" :v: