Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

But their readership would all be safe as they were off on a seven pound fifty pee “supa sava” holiday at the outset of war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Huh.

Ya know, I think 'Ball pond' might be the most infuriating British term I've ever seen.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Antigravitas posted:

I have complicated feelings regarding global thermonuclear war.

On one hand, I would perish in nuclear hellfire.
On the other hand, British tabloids would cease to exist.

Nah, the only things that survive the forthcoming nuclear apocalypse will be cockroaches, Twinkies, and The Sun. I'll grant you that the rag's journalism standards will probably improve once the former are running the latter, however...

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Huh.

Ya know, I think 'Ball pond' might be the most infuriating British term I've ever seen.

I've never heard it called that, but "There's a nonce in me ball pond" is a better sentence than the same one using "pit" for some reason.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Karate Bastard posted:

Beau says the higher estimate for remaining russian A-50 planes up and running is 6 in total for the entire country, lower estimate 3.

I don't know where he gets these estimates.

Serious question: What makes this guy's unsourced estimates worth posting? To my limited understanding of his channel, his main qualifications are in human trafficking.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Nothing but ~6 is in line with the estimates I've been seeing

Antigravitas posted:

I have complicated feelings regarding global thermonuclear war.

On one hand, I would perish in nuclear hellfire.
On the other hand, British tabloids would cease to exist.
Also Putin would be toast.

That's more pros than cons.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

Disco Pope posted:

I've never heard it called that, but "There's a nonce in me ball pond" is a better sentence than the same one using "pit" for some reason.

This is exactly how they get you you know

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Thanks Elon for hiding the "Feed the Homeless to Cats!" headline.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cthulu Carl posted:

Huh.

Gene pool whatever

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://x.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1761677015088763035?s=20

The plane was full of Ukrainian POWs. :ohdear:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Kestral posted:

Serious question: What makes this guy's unsourced estimates worth posting? To my limited understanding of his channel, his main qualifications are in human trafficking.

I think his analyses are most often on point, but I agree his tendency to not disclose his sources is bad practice. I think the idea is that you should be consuming enough other news to know what he's talking about, and not treat him as your primary source of information. Idk about that. I posted this one because it wasn't in line with what I had expected from joe schmoe republican, and gives me some hope that things may turn around a little in the clown house when recess ends, and was kind of hoping someone here would be able to back it up / refute it.

We had a discussion about the human trafficking stuff in the schadenfreude thread (or was it one of these threads?) a bit back, and I don't think it's clear what his involvement was. The content he produces is very much hard leaning against abuse of every kind, if that matters. His own story iirc (can't find the link to the vid atm) is that he was conned into doing paperwork for some very bad people (sending forged passports?) so that exploited people could get out of exploitation, with the idea that doing this would cause the exploitation to stop, which unfortunately it did not (iirc). I tend to believe that, mostly because of the message he puts out now, which is in line with his story but at complete odds with human abuse and exploitation. If he were a tate it would be a whole other matter.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 25, 2024

wit
Jul 26, 2011

This will also be the line when Navalny is buried or cremated.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Thanks Elon for hiding the "Feed the Homeless to Cats!" headline.

Ah, the new Tory safety net

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

wit posted:

This will also be the line when Navalny is buried or cremated.

Navalny's casket was full of Ukrainian POWs. :ohdear:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1761724607038431320#m
According to Kyrylo B the enemy apparently don't have Iranian ballistic missiles.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Cthulu Carl posted:

Huh.

It's a rainy country. A ball pond is like a ball pit, only wetter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

We call it a ball sea/ocean.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Royal Tunbridge Ball Heath

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

so why are IL-76 without the Beriev package just loitering around a warzone, then, did they develop some cool new AC-130-style package that is totally super top secret and totally works on a slow-loitering jet-powered cargo plane

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

MrQwerty posted:

so why are IL-76 without the Beriev package just loitering around a warzone, then, did they develop some cool new AC-130-style package that is totally super top secret and totally works on a slow-loitering jet-powered cargo plane

And if they did, wouldn't it still be bad to lose it?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The insanely brutal and depressing fascist regime that masturbates about being more masculine and Christain than the inherently irredeemable subhuman scum is actually bad at warfare. Who knew?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Just your typical civilian aircraft equipped with anti-aircraft countermeasures. In Russia this is very normal.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MrQwerty posted:

did they develop some cool new AC-130-style package that is totally super top secret and totally works on a slow-loitering jet-powered cargo plane

Yes, it was a large crane.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The_Franz posted:

Just your typical civilian aircraft equipped with anti-aircraft countermeasures. In Russia this is very normal.

It's like dash cams, really. Sadly, priggy boom boom skimped on his.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

McGavin posted:

Navalny's casket was full of Ukrainian POWs. :ohdear:

no, Navalny himself was 20 Ukrainian POWs in a trenchcoat.

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024
Some reports that Igor Girkin (the guy responsible for shooting down MH17) was found hanged in his cell. Not sure if it's true at the moment, but wouldn't be surprising.

https://x.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1761864985523707982?s=20

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Senor Big Snacks posted:

Some reports that Igor Girkin (the guy responsible for shooting down MH17) was found hanged in his cell. Not sure if it's true at the moment, but wouldn't be surprising.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
lol surprised it took this long

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Cleaning house before the elections?

No doubts on the winner but it could be a unsubtle reminder to others to remember their place in the hierarchy.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
<-

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

lol.

Also, oh no.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Senor Big Snacks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMsXqjc_PTc
:byetankie:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Senor Big Snacks posted:

This tweet was deleted

Another tweet from same with some details maybe:
https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1761877475057877209

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Even better. He should hang in The Hague

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Even better. He should hang in The Hague
Not an option.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's ok if it's not legal

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Time for my irregularly scheduled asking for updates. So Avdiivka was lost last week with Ukraine pulling out. Russia has lost some AWACS aircraft. There was that video of guided missiles turning a Russian boat into the newest submarine. Artillery and ammunition continue to be the biggest resource Ukraine needs and they aren't getting enough because the rest of us are pissing in the wind playing politics. Fighter jets are coming eventually as Ukrainians train on them. Ukraine has a new armed forces commander. Putin is a giant piece of poo poo.

So what does that leave for major focus points along the front? The Avdiivka battle was a big point but are there any other areas where it's particularly intense or where Russia or Ukraine are threatening a breakthrough?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arc Hammer posted:

Time for my irregularly scheduled asking for updates. So Avdiivka was lost last week with Ukraine pulling out. Russia has lost some AWACS aircraft. There was that video of guided missiles turning a Russian boat into the newest submarine. Artillery and ammunition continue to be the biggest resource Ukraine needs and they aren't getting enough because the rest of us are pissing in the wind playing politics. Fighter jets are coming eventually as Ukrainians train on them. Ukraine has a new armed forces commander. Putin is a giant piece of poo poo.

So what does that leave for major focus points along the front? The Avdiivka battle was a big point but are there any other areas where it's particularly intense or where Russia or Ukraine are threatening a breakthrough?

not that i can see. I think the house dems are gonna try to force the Ukraine bill/bills onto the house floor which will probably pass because it only needs like 3 republican defectors and they probably have like 20 defectors.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not that i can see. I think the house dems are gonna try to force the Ukraine bill/bills onto the house floor which will probably pass because it only needs like 3 republican defectors and they probably have like 20 defectors.

Occasionally having ancient ghouls in politics works for you. There are still some republicans who have decades of Russia=Bad drilled into their heads and vote that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

In the south at Robotyne, and Vuhledar.