Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Got injured at work. Went to occupational health. Was told to start PT with a particular therapist. Waited for contact from therapist. Nothing. Contacted employer office of workman's comp stuff. "Well, they should have contacted you, but here's how you can contact them." Called them. They said everything's fine, just waiting for third party insurance to authorize. Waited. Time came for follow-up with occupational health doctor. Explained situation. He got up and called therapist. Came back, said everything was authorized two weeks ago. Said, "Don't bother calling them, they're bad about answering the phone. Go there in person."

Went there in person. They looked over the papers the doc gave me. Left for a while. Came back and said "We don't take this insurance, we have to wait for this other company you've never heard of. Email us Monday so we can stay in touch."

"But the doctor called YOU a week ago and confirmed it had been authorized two we..."

"Just email us Monday, please, have a nice day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
this country sucks, lol

My spouse came home from a week of in-person project kickoff yesterday with mask lines seared into his face. This morning gosh golly gee whiz wouldn't you know it? Some participants tested positive for COVID! Over and mild, lol.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/bollyweed/status/1761070346650743002?s=46

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
That's great that she's wearing a respirator, but I think it would be even better if she and other artists stopped leading their fans to disability and death.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/rto-doesnt-improve-company-value-but-does-make-employees-miserable-study/

To the shock of literally nobody.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Olympic champion Gabby Douglas was supposed to return to competitive gymnastics for the first time in eight years today but had to cancel because she's got covid

quote:

Three-time Olympic champion Gabby Douglas’ return to competitive gymnastics – originally set for this weekend – will have to wait, after the American tested positive for Covid-19.

Douglas last competed almost eight years ago at the Rio Olympics, but announced her intention to return to the sport in an Instagram post last year.

She was due to make her much-anticipated return in this weekend’s Winter Cup in Kentucky, but announced on social media that she had to pull out after testing positive for Covid-19.

“I’m so sad to say that I won’t be competing this weekend,” she wrote on Instagram Thursday, wishing her fellow competitors good luck.

“I was so excited to get back out on the competition floor, but unfortunately, I just tested positive for Covid.

“Thank you so much of all your support and positive energy – it really does mean the world to me. I’m crushed but I’ll see you guys soon!”

Douglas won two golds during her Olympic debut in 2012, including in the all-around event, and added a team gold at the Rio Games in 2016.

The 28-year-old has spoken openly about being disappointed with her performance in Rio and has since said she didn’t want to leave the sport on that note.

She kept a low-profile since the 2016 Games, taking a break from social media to do some “soul searching.”

Hinting at her comeback in July last year, Douglas said she was aware how much work she had to do, but added she was “beyond grateful and excited” to get back to the sport she loves.

Douglas was due to compete in three disciplines at this weekend’s meet: the beam, floor and vault.

The competition is the first event of the year and the first step for athletes towards Paris 2024.
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/23/sport/gabby-douglas-gymnastics-return-paris-2024-spt-intl/index.html

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

mawarannahr posted:

lol + lmao
WA health officials throw away millions of pandemic supplies

At least give some out during wildfire season. cmon

Must be nice for the contractor that gets a bunch of money to needlessly dispose of all this poo poo for no reason

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
we have the tools (in a landfill)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
20 years from now I’m gonna make a documentary about finding the landfill where all the PPE was buried like ET cartridges

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Vaccine news update from @hildabast

https://absolutelymaybe.plos.org/2024/02/23/picking-up-steam-next-generation-covid-vaccine-update-14/

quote:

The race for next generation vaccines is steadily heating up now. And this month, we’ve passed a major milestone: The first data suggesting that an already-authorized nextgen vaccine could outperform the BNT/Pfizer vaccine – with its manufacturers ramping up production facilities for potentially wide distribution in the next year or so.

Most vaccines that reach first-in-human trials don’t make it all the way to major regulator approval. The odds improve, though, for those that make it to mid-stage trials (phase 2). On top of that, there’s a lot of variation in effectiveness between vaccines – so a good range of approaches reaching that mid-stage increases the odds of having much better vaccines.

Though it’s not going at the blistering pace of the early pandemic, the scene is encouraging now. The number of next generation vaccines moving past first-in-human trials is into double digits. With another 2 pancoronavirus vaccines starting clinical trials this month, there’s even a handful of vaccines reaching the early stage at least in this tough category. And the body of clinical evidence seems to be growing steadily, too: We’ve been getting at least some results for an average of 2 clinical trials a month for the last 6 months.

It’s still early days in many ways, though. Even for late-stage trials, most of the efficacy data is for signs of immunity only. We don’t know critical things, especially whether or not there will be mucosal vaccines that can make a major – and lasting – impact on getting and transmitting infection in people. But at least it looks as though more durable boosters are on the horizon.

There’s a lot to get to this month for all types of vaccines, including news from clinical trials for 3 vaccines. This update starts with news from Project NextGen, with funding for another mini-efficacy trial for a mucosal vaccine. After that, I have recent results broken down into 3 categories of next-generation Covid vaccines (definitions below).

The "already-authorized nextgen vaccine" is LUNAR-COV19, and it's authorized in Japan. Here's the good news,

quote:

By six months, neutralizing antibodies had fallen off substantially for the BNT-Pfizer vaccine, especially against Omicron strains. For LUNAR-COV19, there was substantially less waning, though there was some.

Data for 12 months after vaccination is still to come. This trial was powered to detect differences in signs of immune response, so we won’t know how much additional protection this vaccine is likely to provide. The developers argue that the combination of greater durability and better response against Omicron – both vaccines are pre-Omicron versions – suggest this vaccine is more variant-proof.

There's other interesting trials but I try not to get hopeful about anything that's more than 2 years away.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Fansy posted:

The "already-authorized nextgen vaccine" is LUNAR-COV19, and it's authorized in Japan. Here's the good news,

moon juice

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Steve Yun posted:

moon juice

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

lol + lmao
WA health officials throw away millions of pandemic supplies

At least give some out during wildfire season. cmon
lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

saw this post on twitter
https://twitter.com/dee_bluehead/status/1760856196565664054https://twitter.com/dee_bluehead/status/1761036286603792533
nice little crack piiiii going through the instagram account and reflecting on all the covid poo poo i see on a daily basis that everyone ignores
https://www.instagram.com/covidsemiotics/

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

it's so over we never even needed a cathartic Berlin Wall moment

I guess the triumphant Delta video where like half the people on the plane removed their masks was the closest

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

corona familiar posted:

I guess the triumphant Delta video where like half the people on the plane removed their masks was the closest

lol, I'd forgotten about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbd0PQyfTMc

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
:brainworms:
"Generation and characterization of a humanized ACE2 mouse model to study long-term impacts of SARS-CoV-2 infection"

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jmv.29349 posted:

Abstract
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has officially ended, the persistent challenge of long-COVID or post-acute COVID sequelae (PASC) continues to impact societies globally, highlighting the urgent need for ongoing research into its mechanisms and therapeutic approaches. Our team has recently developed a novel humanized ACE2 mouse model (hACE2ki) designed explicitly for long-COVID/PASC research. This model exhibits human ACE2 expression in tissue and cell-specific patterns akin to mouse Ace2. When we exposed young adult hACE2ki mice (6 weeks old) to various SARS-CoV-2 lineages, including WA, Delta, and Omicron, at a dose of 5 × 105 PFU/mouse via nasal instillation, the mice demonstrated distinctive phenotypes characterized by differences in viral load in the lung, trachea, and nasal turbinate, weight loss, and changes in pro-inflammatory cytokines and immune cell profiles in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. Notably, no mortality was observed in this age group. Further, to assess the model's relevance for long-COVID studies, we investigated tau protein pathologies, which are linked to Alzheimer's disease, in the brains of these mice post SARS-CoV-2 infection. Our findings revealed the accumulation and longitudinal propagation of tau, confirming the potential of our hACE2ki mouse model for preclinical studies of long-COVID.

News article on the matter:
"Mouse study shows long COVID-19 infection linked with tangled protein that causes Alzheimer's disease"

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-02-mouse-covid-infection-linked-tangled.html posted:

With a newly developed mouse model that more accurately represents human infection with COVID-19, Johns Hopkins scientists say they have found long-term infection with SARS-CoV-2 results in brain deposits of clumped and tangled Tau proteins commonly found in people with Alzheimer's disease.
(..)
The scientists, led by Xiaobo Mao, Ph.D., and Hongpeng Jia, M.D., exposed the new mouse model to SARS-CoV-2 and found that, while none of the mice died prematurely, Alzheimer's disease-linked Tau proteins built up in their brains up to 21 days after the infection.

Pathological Tau proteins can spread from cell to cell, driving disease progression, say the researchers. In the new mouse model that was exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the researchers saw propagation of Tau proteins over time after infection.

"Given that Tau pathology is highly associated with cognitive decline, this aspect deserves more attention regarding long-term consequences in the post-COVID-19 period," says Mao.

"Individuals experiencing long-haul COVID are at a higher risk of cognitive impairment and symptoms resembling Alzheimer's disease. This mouse model can serve as a valuable tool for the scientific community to further investigate the neurological outcomes during long COVID," says Kundlik Gadhave, Ph.D., co-first author and postdoctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Just for the headline:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ory-infections/ posted:

What’s Going Around: Influenza, bacterial pneumonia, stomach viruses, COVID, upper respiratory infections
:crnasickos:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
"Prevalence of persistent SARS-CoV-2 in a large community surveillance study"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-024-07029-4 posted:

Abstract
Persistent SARS-CoV-2 infections may act as viral reservoirs that could seed future outbreaks, give rise to highly divergent lineages and contribute to cases with post-acute COVID-19 sequelae (long COVID). However, the population prevalence of persistent infections, their viral load kinetics and evolutionary dynamics over the course of infections remain largely unknown. Here, using viral sequence data collected as part of a national infection survey, we identified 381 individuals with SARS-CoV-2 RNA at high titre persisting for at least 30 days, of which 54 had viral RNA persisting at least 60 days. We refer to these as ‘persistent infections’ as available evidence suggests that they represent ongoing viral replication, although the persistence of non-replicating RNA cannot be ruled out in all. Individuals with persistent infection had more than 50% higher odds of self-reporting long COVID than individuals with non-persistent infection. We estimate that 0.1–0.5% of infections may become persistent with typically rebounding high viral loads and last for at least 60 days. In some individuals, we identified many viral amino acid substitutions, indicating periods of strong positive selection, whereas others had no consensus change in the sequences for prolonged periods, consistent with weak selection. Substitutions included mutations that are lineage defining for SARS-CoV-2 variants, at target sites for monoclonal antibodies and/or are commonly found in immunocompromised people. This work has profound implications for understanding and characterizing SARS-CoV-2 infection, epidemiology and evolution.
(..)
Persistence with rebounding viral load
Of the 381 persistent infections, 65 had three or more RT–PCR tests taken over the course of their infection. We classified these infections as ‘persistent rebounding’ if they had a negative RT–PCR test during the infection (n = 20) and the rest as ‘persistent chronic’ (n = 47) (Fig. 3a,b). Given the weekly or approximately monthly sampling of individuals enrolled in the ONS-CIS, infections classed as persistent chronic may have unsampled periods of very low viral load, meaning the persistent-rebounding category is likely to be an underestimate.

Fig. 3: Comparison of RNA viral load dynamics and the number of reported symptoms in individuals with persistent SARS-CoV-2 and reinfections with the same major lineage.

a–c, RNA viral load trajectories of individuals with persistent SARS-CoV-2 RNA (hereafter referred to as persistent infections) with rebounding (that is, a negative RT–PCR test during the infection) (purple; a) and chronic persistent viral load (purple; b) and reinfections with at least three PCR tests taken over the course of infection or until reinfection (cyan; c). For a–c, only individuals with three or more RT–PCR tests during the course of infection were included. d,e, Change in Ct value (d) and total number of symptoms reported between the first and last time points (e) with sequenced samples for all 381 persistent infections and 60 reinfections.

Nonetheless, the observation of rebounding viral load dynamics in over 30% of cases is striking given that, in the absence of genetic information, they could have been misidentified as reinfections, depending on the definition used. Of the 27 cases identified as reinfections with three or more RT–PCR tests, all showed rebounding viral load dynamics (Fig. 3c). Also striking is that persistent-chronic infections often showed similar dynamics; of the 47 infections classed as persistent chronic, 35 had a low viral load (high Ct) test between two high viral load (low Ct) tests. Overall, 55 of 67 (82%) of persistent infections in which we had sufficient data showed a resurgence in viral load after an initial drop (Extended Data Fig. 5a). These rebounding viral load dynamics support the presence of replicating viruses during these infections. There are also several studies that find a strong correlation between high viral load samples (similar to those that we observed here) and the presence of viable SARS-CoV-2 in viral cultures24,31,32,33, which further supports that these samples are taken from replication-competent viruses. However, variation in viral load samples may also occur due to reasons unrelated to the presence of replication-competent virus such as variation in measured Ct values with respect to time and quality of sampling33.

As the sampling strategy of ONS-CIS is based on testing representative individuals across the UK regardless of symptoms, we can estimate the percentage of SARS-CoV-2 infections that are persistent and last for longer than 60 days in the general population. This requires making assumptions about how many persistent infections are missed among ONS-CIS participants due to the approximately monthly (and weekly) sampling. More precisely, estimating the proportion of infections that are persistent depends on the proportion of days the infection has sequenceable virus during the infection (would have Ct ≤ 30 if tested); the fewer the number of days the infection has sequenceable virus, the more likely it is that a persistent infection is missed.

By taking two extreme scenarios for the proportion of days that the virus is sequenceable during persistent infection (0.7 and 0.14; see Methods), we estimate that approximately 0.7–3.5% and 0.1–0.5% of infections become persistent for more than 30 and 60 days, respectively.
(..)

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Pingui posted:

:brainworms:

News article on the matter:
"Mouse study shows long COVID-19 infection linked with tangled protein that causes Alzheimer's disease"

Holy gently caress this is scary as hell if I am understanding it correctly

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Steely Dad posted:

Holy gently caress this is scary as hell if I am understanding it correctly

counterpoint:

maybe not

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

tuyop posted:

counterpoint:

maybe not

Good point. We can’t live in fear

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

let your work distract you

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Steely Dad posted:

Good point. We can’t live in fear

I’m glad The Reasonable has prevailed

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/s...es/202402230085

quote:

After a decline during the pandemic, reports of child abuse and neglect in Pennsylvania are on the rise again — though not reaching pre-pandemic levels yet.

For its latest report, Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children, an advocacy group, dug into five years of data, from 2018 to 2023, to identify trends in how families move through local child welfare systems.

“As stay-home orders were lifted and children began to have more interaction with mandated reporters, the rates of reports have increased,” said Rachael Miller, the partnership’s policy director.

Stay at home orders were lifted in Pennsylvania in May 2020. Every time I see something like this I feel like I’m going insane.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

NeonPunk posted:

The magnets represents the virus and the ACE2 receptor, and the apple is your antibodies standing in between

https://i.imgur.com/YVNcOn2.mp4

While irelevant, does the apple fly up and to the back? I can see a shadow and was expecting the apple to go splat between the magnets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?embed?mV8c-RDGnyA

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

BCR posted:

While irelevant, does the apple fly up and to the back? I can see a shadow and was expecting the apple to go splat between the magnets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?embed?mV8c-RDGnyA

Pretty sure the apple is entombed in the magnets. I think what you're seeing is the 2x4 that was being used to push the magnet forward being pulled back.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

BCR posted:

The video is edited deceptively to make it look like the apple got smashed. The apple takes some damage but most of it goes flying away, and the frame rate is too low to see it happen.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bringing it back to the ongoing pandemic, all I see in every day life is,

Chamale posted:

The video is edited deceptively to make it look like the apple got smashed. The apple takes some damage but most of it goes flying away, and the frame rate is too low to see it happen.
The damage is low
and anyways the pandemic is over

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Meanwhile I wonder why every other child at my kid's school is in a mask. Teachers out for weeks. People out for medical leave at work. Ongoing 'staffing issues' everywhere. lol, lmao.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Tzen posted:

Meanwhile I wonder why every other child at my kid's school is in a mask. Teachers out for weeks. People out for medical leave at work. Ongoing 'staffing issues' everywhere. lol, lmao.

My daughter’s friend was out for more than a week with a long-running fever. She came back wearing a mask, and I thought maybe her parents would be more cautious having seen what Covid (or whatever it was) can do. Two days later, mask back off. You can’t let the cure be worse than the disease!

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Pingui posted:

"Prevalence of persistent SARS-CoV-2 in a large community surveillance study"
one thing worth mentioning (and isn't in the paper afaict?) is that as the ONS-CIS used PCR testing, it's possible there were persistent infections outside the nasopharynx that didn't get picked up

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!
https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/boston-mbta-state-street-station-woman-pushed-toward-tracks/

Some guy in Boston tried to drag an older woman onto the subway tracks for wearing a mask.

Cool.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

CGI Stardust posted:

one thing worth mentioning (and isn't in the paper afaict?) is that as the ONS-CIS used PCR testing, it's possible there were persistent infections outside the nasopharynx that didn't get picked up

Not explicitly for the entire cohort, no. Though it is mentioned in regards to the 30% experiencing rebound, that they are a part of the subset of 65 receiving multiple PCR tests, implying that it is.

Either way, thank you for clearing it up :)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Steely Dad posted:

My daughter’s friend was out for more than a week with a long-running fever. She came back wearing a mask, and I thought maybe her parents would be more cautious having seen what Covid (or whatever it was) can do. Two days later, mask back off. You can’t let the cure be worse than the disease!

There's no one psychological phenomenon that explains this but I think a big part of it is gambler's fallacy: well, we got ours out of the way [for this season/school year/forever] so now it's Safe! There's tons and tons of reinforcing messaging around this now too, much in the same way gambler's fallacy is a free-standing thing but can be amped up to an extreme by the social environment of a casino.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
SARS-CoV-2 is (rarely) stored in the balls, but often stored in the gut.
"Viral shedding of SARS-CoV-2 in body fluids associated with sexual activity: a systematic review and meta-analysis"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38387982/ posted:

Abstract
Objective: To identify and summarise the evidence on the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) RNA detection and persistence in body fluids associated with sexual activity (saliva, semen, vaginal secretion, urine and faeces/rectal secretion).

Eligibility: All studies that reported detection of SARS-CoV-2 in saliva, semen, vaginal secretion, urine and faeces/rectal swabs.

Information sources: The WHO COVID-19 database from inception to 20 April 2022.

Risk of bias assessment: The National Institutes of Health tools.

Synthesis of results: The proportion of patients with positive results for SARS-CoV-2 and the proportion of patients with a viral duration/persistence of at least 14 days in each fluid was calculated using fixed or random effects models.

Included studies: A total of 182 studies with 10 023 participants.

Results: The combined proportion of individuals with detection of SARS-CoV-2 was 82.6% (95% CI: 68.8% to 91.0%) in saliva, 1.6% (95% CI: 0.9% to 2.6%) in semen, 2.7% (95% CI: 1.8% to 4.0%) in vaginal secretion, 3.8% (95% CI: 1.9% to 7.6%) in urine and 31.8% (95% CI: 26.4% to 37.7%) in faeces/rectal swabs. The maximum viral persistence for faeces/rectal secretions was 210 days, followed by semen 121 days, saliva 112 days, urine 77 days and vaginal secretions 13 days. Culturable SARS-CoV-2 was positive for saliva and faeces.

Limitations: Scarcity of longitudinal studies with follow-up until negative results.

Interpretation: SARS-CoV-2 RNA was detected in all fluids associated with sexual activity but was rare in semen and vaginal secretions. Ongoing droplet precautions and awareness of the potential risk of contact with faecal matter/rectal mucosa are needed.

Notably there are large differences between the maximum viral persistence (the gut is well documented, but the semen maximum is concerning).

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1761952679150969325

Things going well

Scheduling an mmr shot for me and my wife

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gently caress, I should as well. I've had the shingles vaccine somewhat recently but my MMR was probably not since childhood (over 50 years ago). Any good options for cheap ones for the uninsured in San Francisco?

edit: The AITC apparently does it.

GATOS Y VATOS has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Feb 26, 2024

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

We stan for Adele in this thread

https://www.nme.com/news/music/adele-says-shes-no-longer-taking-selfies-during-her-las-vegas-shows-3498880

quote:

Adele has said that she will no longer be able to take selfies with fans during her Las Vegas shows.

The musician, whose Las Vegas residency is due to end in November, said an increase in COVID cases was to blame for the decision.

Throughout her stint in Vegas, Adele has regularly filmed videos and took photos with fans in the audience.

“Normally I would absolutely stop and chat and all of that and hear all about your life and be the nosey person that I am,” Adele said during her most recent show. “However, I’m hanging on by a thread trying not to get COVID” (via Music News).

“Everyone that I know that I work with has loving COVID, so it’s a miracle that I haven’t had it yet,” she added. “And I really do love chatting to you, but I don’t want to get sick, I’ll take selfies from a distance or shoot your vid.

“I might have symptoms and then I can’t do my show and I will be damned if I cancel any more of these shows. I refuse to cancel any shows. I just can’t risk getting ill. Honestly, my immune system is in the gutter and I want to be close to you and stuff like that, but I just can’t risk it.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

she could instead cancel the shows while healthy and prevent spread at her concerts ahh nah she can mitigate but you don’t get poo poo. now get back in the fuckin office nerd, and don’t be late for todays pot luck *cough cough*