Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Servers seem fine for me rn. Transitions seem fast(ish)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Failboattootoot posted:

I also rolled a falcon rogue today and had the same experience., minus the LE-61. It starts to feel so much better once you get explosive trap. The little ping sounds when you use it tickle the neurons. Also it kills the poo poo out of things. Although, still not as easy-breezy as my warlock.

Its p funny to load into an instance with boss half-dead and still in grace period. Falconer seems way too powerful
A lot of fun tho

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dramatika posted:

They were a goon who worked at EHG for a while in a technical design role , who seemed to be managed out of the company in a pretty lovely way.

And who got permabanned from the forums for being a psycho.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

And who got permabanned from the forums for being a psycho.

yeah but by fluffdaddy

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's weird that Monoliths seem to have solved all loading screen issues forever by simply rewriting the instance you're in instead of transporting you to a new one, and also that they don't just do this everywhere else in the game for a smoother experience that wouldn't be affected by server problems. Like what is the downside to using the Forbidden Monolith Tech?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tiny Timbs posted:

What do the integers next to the affix and suffix slots in the Forge screen mean? Not the Tier numbers.

Edit: Oh I think it's the number of shards necessary to upgrade

In addition to what Dallan already said (it is the number of shards you have on-hand), it always consumes exactly 1 shard to attempt an upgrade, so if you are adding a single affix to an empty slot and upgrade all the way to T5, it will require 5 shards, assuming no criticals get you a free tier.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dramatika posted:

They were a goon who worked at EHG for a while in a technical design role , who seemed to be managed out of the company in a pretty lovely way.

elen was completely falling apart around that time so who knows the full story there

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dramatika posted:

Their telling of the story rang a lot of "oh this is an extremely personal issue about job performance" bells so I was kind of surprised it got a "gently caress EHG forever" reaction from some folks.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So I was playing on Steam Deck fully offline and had a series of crashes for some reason (after it ran smoothly for 2 or 3 days with no issues.) After the most recent crash, my level 40 offline warlock is just flat gone.

Rebooting, changing the form of Proton I'm using (and going back again), going online and then offline again, verifying files, turning Steam Cloud off and on again. Nada.

Anyone have any knowledge of how to potentially restore a save that's been lost -- on Steam Deck specifically? Because losing those 15 or so hours I put into the character is really chuffing my desire to go back to LE until they support SD. If they do at all. :/

(sucks because Warlock was ridiculously fun.)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Is there a way from outside a specific monolith to tell what your stability progress on it was? Sometimes I forget what monolith I was doing when I log in and I'm not seeing a way on the world map to tell which one I was on without warping to each one and clicking on the thing to go into it to check.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can someone explain to me why uncapped res is less important here than in Path of Exile? I don't understand the difference in the math

e: found this explainer
https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/11koq36/clarity_on_resistances/
"Monsters penetrate 1 resistance per area level, up to a cap of 75%."

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 25, 2024

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Jinnigan posted:

Can someone explain to me why uncapped res is less important here than in Path of Exile? I don't understand the difference in the math

Each zone level reduces res by 1% up to a cap of 75%, so the actual resistance range for end game is more like -75% to 0% (and I expect lower levels are balanced assuming 0% too). Each point of res is worth about 1/5th of what it is in Grim Dawn or Diablo 1/2 where the cap is actually 80% as a result. I assume PoE has something similar.

It's a pretty good solution. It means thinking that going ±1% resistance means ±1% damage taken is true or close to it, rather than an enormous underestimate.

E: well I'm slow.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Wait, I've been shooting for 150% uncapped so that when they penetrate 75% of it, I'd still have 75%. I guess... that's not how it works?

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Not exactly, there's the resistance penetration which caps at 75% at level 75+ and then resistance shred effects. Overcapping still has value against effects that shred resistance though. It's been a while but I think 30 over cap is about the most you generally need to be protected from res shred effects unless you are eating every hit. But the game assumes 0 extra damage taken is the maximum point with no higher outside reduce damage effects

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tell that to my 200% fire resistance.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dramatika posted:

Basically she did her job as tech artist and after it was done, she was let go. Still credited, and in good terms.
The management issues were with agile outside of her work doing much needed performance improvements.

Clarste posted:

Wait, I've been shooting for 150% uncapped so that when they penetrate 75% of it, I'd still have 75%. I guess... that's not how it works?

It helps with resist shredding but I doubt you'd need that much.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Valdent posted:

Not exactly, there's the resistance penetration which caps at 75% at level 75+ and then resistance shred effects. Overcapping still has value against effects that shred resistance though. It's been a while but I think 30 over cap is about the most you generally need to be protected from res shred effects unless you are eating every hit. But the game assumes 0 extra damage taken is the maximum point with no higher outside reduce damage effects

The Warlock class has some skills (at at least one skill) that scale damage (if specced for it) off of uncapped necrotic resistance. So there is one case where there is actually a reason to just keep stacking necrotic resistance, as a pure damage multiplier!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Memnaelar posted:

So I was playing on Steam Deck fully offline and had a series of crashes for some reason (after it ran smoothly for 2 or 3 days with no issues.) After the most recent crash, my level 40 offline warlock is just flat gone.

Rebooting, changing the form of Proton I'm using (and going back again), going online and then offline again, verifying files, turning Steam Cloud off and on again. Nada.

Anyone have any knowledge of how to potentially restore a save that's been lost -- on Steam Deck specifically? Because losing those 15 or so hours I put into the character is really chuffing my desire to go back to LE until they support SD. If they do at all. :/

(sucks because Warlock was ridiculously fun.)
not sure about with steam cloud or deck, but the local offline save path is C:\Users\Memnaelar\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves
the character files are saved as 1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_# and there should be a .bak version of the file that you can delete the extension from in order to load it as a character.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How did they gently caress up the zone transitions again?!
It was playing smooth yesterday and now it takes 5 minutes every zone transition again!

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Coupla Questions:
- Since the campaign just ends suddenly and is incomplete is there any reason (aside from level) for me not to just throw myself at monoliths? I like how the game feels but I'm not invested in the story currently and I'd rather follow it when it's finished.
- Is there any way to reassign form skill buttons outside of swapping to that form and trying to rapidly change them before rage runs out?
- Looking through the wearbear tree just getting invigoration for rage generation feels like enough to sustain bear form, should I even bother with all the other rage generation/preservation skills?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Uhh...can someone tell me what's the idea behind this link specifically? Isn't it completely pointless?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I hope they introduce some kind of UI scaling because my god if I play in a window - I like to play ARPGs in a window - I can't read the text at all.

Some graphic option or other is making the game look a bit blurry. Not the UI, that is small but crisp - the actual gameplay. Anyone got any idea what I should change to fix that? There aren't all that many options exposed but I could fiddle around in the nvidia settings.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I know Anti Aliasing being set to TAA was making everything seem blurry to me. Could try changing that to off or lower.

E: I was also getting blurry post processing effects when I started playing, whenever I moved everything was crisp and when I stopped it made everything blurry. I don't actually know exactly how I fixed it but I both reset my nvidia settings and my monitor settings and it disappeared.

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 25, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I know Anti Aliasing being set to TAA was making everything seem blurry to me. Could try changing that to off or lower

Spectacular, I will try that, thank you so much

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I hope they introduce some kind of UI scaling because my god if I play in a window - I like to play ARPGs in a window - I can't read the text at all.

Yeah, I wish this had UI scaling or a way to move certain elements around, like the minion indicators.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Any rogue players managed to make shurikens feel good? I keep finding uniques related to it, but I come out dissapointed every time

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mikojan posted:

Any rogue players managed to make shurikens feel good? I keep finding uniques related to it, but I come out dissapointed every time

I'm still leveling but I'm using this (mostly to trigger falcon marks and refill mana) but it feels pretty alright.

I wish I had some Shuriken stuff.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
My 5600x/3080 system is a little old now but it generally handles anything thrown at it. Not monoliths, though. I think literal slideshows move faster than my framerate when there's a hundred corpses piling up and all the effects going off.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

by putting lp uniques in rank 8 all together, you create something funny...

i own a 3lp one :-)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Not the same but it reminds me of Two Worlds where you improved your weapons by combining them, giving the impression you were smacking people with twenty swords taped together. Like that one Elden Ring sword that looks like you're hitting people with the Iron Throne.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

LE should have WASD movement.

Do controller users move with the left stick? If so then I might fake a controller with the keyboard.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
EUW appears to have 21k+ queue atm

As a temp fix to login, switch server to any other on login screen, exit the game then login without queue and change server in game settings and change zones

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
what the gently caress is this game doing that the menu screen and even the pre-login screen have my graphics card going at 100% while in game it uses like 20%. that's even with fps limited

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what the gently caress is this game doing that the menu screen and even the pre-login screen have my graphics card going at 100% while in game it uses like 20%. that's even with fps limited

If it's anything like previous games where this has been the case, it's the menu being lovingly rendered at thousands of fps because they forgot to limit there. :v:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mailer posted:

My 5600x/3080 system is a little old now but it generally handles anything thrown at it. Not monoliths, though. I think literal slideshows move faster than my framerate when there's a hundred corpses piling up and all the effects going off.

That might not bode well for my 3700x/5700xt then. :ughh:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This runemaster mod seems pretty obscene lol. 30 lightning pen with my main damage skill and 144 ward per second basically free while I spam lightning blast, just a massive damage buff and I'm floating 1000 more ward than I was before I put it on, and it's only t4 so there's presumably room for improvement.

Just Another Lurker posted:

That might not bode well for my 3700x/5700xt then. :ughh:

I've got the same as you and it works well enough so you're probably good.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Erulisse posted:

EUW appears to have 21k+ queue atm

As a temp fix to login, switch server to any other on login screen, exit the game then login without queue and change server in game settings and change zones

50k+ queue now, and it's not moving at all. Looks broken.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I waited on the queue screen for 30 minutes and it didn't change at all.
Pretty sure it's bugged somehow.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I wanted to do a homebrew Lightning Blast build, found out that Disintegrate periodically triggers Lightning blast, and thought wow, that's so cool. I played like 10 levels until I found out that this does less damage than just hardcasting lightning blast, which is really disappointing, especially since Disintegrate shows a pretty high damage number. Does it not use your Lightning Blast levels or something, or is Disintegrate just bugged? Are there better ways to live out my chain lightning fantasy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Deformed Church posted:

I've got the same as you and it works well enough so you're probably good.

Good to know. :)