Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Lmao it counts as Shadowheart refusing to kill Aylin if you have Karlach throw Shads into a pit mid-conversation

Standard Karlach manoeuvre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I like the patch note that was along the lines of "NPCs will no longer report a theft if they're in the middle of falling to their death" because you know the situation that was found.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lmao it counts as Shadowheart refusing to kill Aylin if you have Karlach throw Shads into a pit mid-conversation

Standard Karlach manoeuvre

lol, but what about the opposite? Will it count as her agreeing to the kill if you Fastball Special her at Aylin?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

mycot posted:

I like the patch note that was along the lines of "NPCs will no longer report a theft if they're in the middle of falling to their death" because you know the situation that was found.

It was actually triggering the "You assaulted someone" dialogue, and it was really funny. You could go to the docks around Moonrise, start shoving people into the water and the person getting shoved would get tagged as a witness to their own death for a second.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

grack posted:

It was actually triggering the "You assaulted someone" dialogue, and it was really funny. You could go to the docks around Moonrise, start shoving people into the water and the person getting shoved would get tagged as a witness to their own death for a second.

I mean, technically that is entirely correct behaviour.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Yay, I finally beat the game and got the little party 🎉

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

wizard2 posted:

Yay, I finally beat the game and got the little party 🎉

Congration

What were your major outcomes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Minthy nooo! That poor dog... :cry:

https://i.imgur.com/kxnxkim.mp4

It's insane that you can get Band of the Mystic Scoundrel, Nyrulna, and Cloak of Dominate Person all within 30 minutes of starting Act 3. Bardadins be eating.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Congration

What were your major outcomes

rejected being the Jesus of Murder for a third video game, turned into a psychic squid and flew off into the Astral Plane on a dragon with my space elf gf. the rest of my friends seemed happy enough

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Finally finished my playthrough and some thoughts

- I guess its my fault for doing a "do everything" playthrough so going through the act 3 checklist was a slog that probably amounted to 40 hours of my 100.

- Orin questline is a masterpiece from start to finish.

- Final battle is kinda ehh. A lot of games deliver on making powerful friends throughout the game for big moments in the end - the Boomer plane flying in at the Battle of Hoover dam in New Vegas, Cosmo and Worldmind in the Guardians of the Galaxy game - while those were just aoe strikes gameplay wise, they feel awesome, here you get just some summons to distract the dragon if you feel you cant do something more useful with your precious actions. Though Dame Aylin managed to be mvp compared to her previous appearances, wasting the mindflayers. Being spoiled so much with the amount of polished content in the game makes that final stretch not much memorable.

- Every battle with 10+ enemies past the Grove Assault is barely functional.

- Act 2 is probably the best RPG act ever? The hostile land, the freaks straight out of Resident Evil, Moonsong, the sweet spot of combat difficulty/level progression.

- Despite my grumbling with some fights (mostly in act 3), I feel like Larian did a kickass job on balancing Tactician difficulty so almost every fight (even against ordinary ambushes) felt fair for a not-super-optimized party.

- I like that evil choices in the game feel bad and dont hide behind "i'm doing it because of money/i am an enlightened cynical realist". You mostly dont trade friends and good vibes for power, you travel the sociopath road of suck.

- The amount of branching choices and conditions is frankly frightening and I feel this is going to be more devastating for expectations of every following AAA rpg than just being fully voiced/fully animated. It is not something you could just easily implement because of hype like twitter scroll of dialogue from Disco Elysium that I see everywhere.

- Withers is the best boney boy

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 25, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For me the size of the battle wasn't a big deal in itself but Act 3 introduced an inexplicable delay for the results of so many moves, regardless of the size of battle and sometimes not even in combat, like turning invisible. Swing a sword and find out in ten seconds whether it hit or not!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
One advantage of BG3 on Steam Deck is that during the major Act 3 battles, I could physically put the game down while I waited for my turn to move.

Ironically, Siege of Dragonspear still has the best mass combat out of any D&D video game.

RIP Beamdog. :canada:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

wizard2 posted:

One advantage of BG3 on Steam Deck is that during the major Act 3 battles, I could physically put the game down while I waited for my turn to move.

Ironically, Siege of Dragonspear still has the best mass combat out of any D&D video game.

RIP Beamdog. :canada:

It took me like 2 hours to beat the loving haunted house in the lower city. The second I walked in all 15 invisible ghosts aggro'd on me and spent a minute each doing nothing, before skipping their turns. It was infuriating.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Before exquisite tea comes in I’m going to once again repeat by this point in the game someone in your party should be able to fly

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Black Noise posted:

Before exquisite tea comes in I’m going to once again repeat by this point in the game someone in your party should be able to fly

Can you circumvent everything from High Hall Courtyard to the beginning of the brain fight? I think I noticed that once I got through the doorway, all four of my characters were together? That is what I would attempt next time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

There’s a sewer grate just below the courtyard that leads to a much smaller encounter and deposits you near the final terrace climb.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

There’s a sewer grate just below the courtyard that leads to a much smaller encounter and deposits you near the final terrace climb.

sick, thanks!

is there any way to autosort the radials with the controller ui? I had kind of a time grasping what my characters' powers were, since if I swapped gear around or did a Withers tune up, everything would be different.

Overall, the radials were mostly pretty workable. having to keep setting Recast Speak With Dead ended up being my biggest annoyance.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Does Heroe's Feast give you enough camp supplies for a full rest on higher difficulties? It seems like it's pretty much a no brainer to cast once per long rest

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Medullah posted:

Does Heroe's Feast give you enough camp supplies for a full rest on higher difficulties? It seems like it's pretty much a no brainer to cast once per long rest
It doesn't but it's a no brainer to cast even if it generated no supplies at all.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Camp supplies are never a concern even if you max out the cost in custom mode

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

wizard2 posted:

rejected being the Jesus of Murder for a third video game, turned into a psychic squid and flew off into the Astral Plane on a dragon with my space elf gf. the rest of my friends seemed happy enough

This was basically my experience except they hadn't patched in the dragon part yet

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

If you aren’t playing with mods the game is totally fine right now

Okay. Any important things to know they've changed since Patch 3? I'm aware of the basic stuff like "the creche advances the druid plot", "you can go both into Underdark and creche" and "Moonrise can and should be done first", but I'd like to know more in detail if there's confirmation of what timers are there and stuff.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Gort posted:

This was basically my experience except they hadn't patched in the dragon part yet

it's really cute and enthusiastic lol

feller
Jul 5, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Okay. Any important things to know they've changed since Patch 3? I'm aware of the basic stuff like "the creche advances the druid plot", "you can go both into Underdark and creche" and "Moonrise can and should be done first", but I'd like to know more in detail if there's confirmation of what timers are there and stuff.

As long as you don't ignore the popups that say "hey if you go here stuff will happen", you'll be fine. You basically have it all though (except you don't have to do moonrise first - just save the end of the gauntlet for last).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you know those three then that's pretty much all there is to it, minus a few minor sidequest outcomes. Most of the rest timer events have either been debunked or are so generous that you're exceedingly unlikely to encounter them as long as you pay attention to the big "this will advance the world state" popups.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Had an irritating bug after killing Grym where it forged the adamantine splint mail, then when I went to make the medium armor the central furnace didn't have anywhere to interact with any more and also the wheel to flood the lava was 'stuck'

It's not a huge deal because I just went to act 2 and immediately got Yuan-Ti scale mail but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be able to make a second thing (the quest explicitly states it)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Did you eject the mold? I've never had a problem making two pieces but I think until you eject the mold you can't interact with the pillar for the mithril or the lava wheel again.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Do you have both a mold and ore inserted?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Honour monk run is brutal so far.

I'm trying to live with failed persuasion checks since I've got no charisma but everything's slowly going to poo poo even just early in act 1. And a horrible run of rolls made the harpies and blighted village extremely hairy.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

feller posted:

As long as you don't ignore the popups that say "hey if you go here stuff will happen", you'll be fine. You basically have it all though (except you don't have to do moonrise first - just save the end of the gauntlet for last).

exquisite tea posted:

If you know those three then that's pretty much all there is to it, minus a few minor sidequest outcomes. Most of the rest timer events have either been debunked or are so generous that you're exceedingly unlikely to encounter them as long as you pay attention to the big "this will advance the world state" popups.

Okay. I guess I'll just have to beat down the brainworms and just go with the flow. My only worries is stuff like the Dark-Urge only camp scene you can only get by resting the moment you can, or did they change that? And I guess willing Durge choices can break Paladin oaths but stuff outside your control won't?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You can also just pay the guy if you break your Oath.

Before you say immersion you can also donate ≈4,500 gold to get a gods favor as well. You aren’t aligned to a god through your oath but just a comparison.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Black Noise posted:

You can also just pay the guy if you break your Oath.

Before you say immersion you can also donate ≈4,500 gold to get a gods favor as well. You aren’t aligned to a god through your oath but just a comparison.

I respecc'd to level 1, bought the devotion at a discount, leveled up to 12, then stuffed my remaining gold in a barrel next to a bunch of dead Cranium Rats right before the Point of No Return :c00l:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Okay. I guess I'll just have to beat down the brainworms and just go with the flow. My only worries is stuff like the Dark-Urge only camp scene you can only get by resting the moment you can, or did they change that? And I guess willing Durge choices can break Paladin oaths but stuff outside your control won't?

There's a bunch of camp events, and as far as I know if you're playing Durge they'll end up getting priority. Stuff like killing Alfira/Quil will pretty much always happen.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

feller posted:

Camp supplies are never a concern even if you max out the cost in custom mode

Camp supplies are totally a concern on solo honour mode

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Minthy. :swoon:

https://i.imgur.com/zG9bftf.mp4

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Turds in magma posted:

Camp supplies are totally a concern on solo honour mode

lol

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm a big Resident Evil fan so I tend to hoard resources. I'm near the end I think so I might splurge and use a few of the several hundred healing potions and scrolls I have. Maybe even take a few Long Rests with the 4000 camp supplies I have.

Obviously I'm on baby mode so it hasn't been a big deal.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
For the last few long rests in my tactician playthrough I did actually run out of supplies and needed to buy some from a store.

I stopped bothering to loot all the random crates and barrels for most of Act 3 though, so that's probably why.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Medullah posted:

I'm a big Resident Evil fan so I tend to hoard resources. I'm near the end I think so I might splurge and use a few of the several hundred healing potions and scrolls I have. Maybe even take a few Long Rests with the 4000 camp supplies I have.

Obviously I'm on baby mode so it hasn't been a big deal.

I'm at the tail end of Act 3 and I barely even need Long Rests because I've got lots of Arcane Cultivation elixirs, Angelic Slumbers/Reprieves, health potions, spell scrolls, and I still have Shadowheart's Divine Intervention left if I want to use it for party replenishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

[Minthara voice] It was a beautiful webbing.