Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kw0134 posted:

If you're not enthusiastic about your presumptive nominee in a place that is almost certainly going for your party in the general, then that isn't going to be at all better in a real battleground state. And even presuming the majority of the people who voted Haley goes Trump, when elections are often decided on single-digit percentages, that's not a loss you can simply ignore.

To flip this question around, if Biden had those kind of numbers in the NH primary, the calls for him to step down would be at a fever pitch right now.

Agreed. But, a diehard in SC might still be less motivated in this primary knowing Trump practically has already won. He's getting some sort of incumbency effect in this primary, which can only reduce enthusiasm I'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

Agreed. But, a diehard in SC might still be less motivated in this primary knowing Trump practically has already won. He's getting some sort of incumbency effect in this primary, which can only reduce enthusiasm I'd think.

2016: 737,917 votes
2024: 755,807 votes

I don't think people were staying home

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Looks like libsoftiktok lady is feeling the heat and decided to do a laughably lovely attempt at fake news to deal with reality.

https://twitter.com/videodrew/status/1761674011409633578?t=T8gKI-T55gAkGrCaOO0I4A&s=19

tweet posted:

Since most of us are scrolling: the context is Chaya Raichik / libsoftiktok posting just the sloppiest fake edit of all time and trying to pass it off as part of her Taylor Lorenz interview.

Chaya is sitting ALONE, with dubbed audio she is trying to mask w/music. Fake news lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Completely anecdotally I've had a couple people I know who have expressed chudlike tendencies in the past or are "voting is a waste of time" type people talk to me very recently about how hosed up Trump is and that he has a chance of winning. They both sort of organically came to the realization that here in PA they have to vote for Biden (yes even though he's old) to do their part to make sure Trump doesn't win. I was honestly really surprised with both of these people approaching me about this unprompted. My boss is another guy who voted R his whole life but has been voting for biden because of Trump. This isn't some "I was in the coffee shop and everyone was talking about BIDEN" copium type poo poo it was just something I thought was interesting that maybe gives me a little bit of hope that there's sane fence-sitters who realize what we're on the precipice of here with this election, possibly signal boosted by the multitude of court cases going on right now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

explosivo posted:

Completely anecdotally I've had a couple people I know who have expressed chudlike tendencies in the past or are "voting is a waste of time" type people talk to me very recently about how hosed up Trump is and that he has a chance of winning. They both sort of organically came to the realization that here in PA they have to vote for Biden (yes even though he's old) to do their part to make sure Trump doesn't win. I was honestly really surprised with both of these people approaching me about this unprompted. My boss is another guy who voted R his whole life but has been voting for biden because of Trump. This isn't some "I was in the coffee shop and everyone was talking about BIDEN" copium type poo poo it was just something I thought was interesting that maybe gives me a little bit of hope that there's sane fence-sitters who realize what we're on the precipice of here with this election, possibly signal boosted by the multitude of court cases going on right now.

I love these stories!

Also, from the anecdotal news front, my area (which has gone for Trump in 2016 and 2020) has no new Trump merch out there. Some diehard put up a scary flag like 6-8 weeks ago, but that's it.

And this area was awash in signs in previous elections. I just don't know if it's too early to really judge. Our primary is at the end of March.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

That's interesting. I wonder if that just mirrors overall population growth in SC.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

poisonpill posted:

lol “platforming” apparently has become another word people now use everywhere all the time

*plays slo motion replay of Donald Trunk walking on stage and tripping and falling down which pulls his pants down around his ankles making him have a diaper blowout and then rolling around crying*
“Why are you platforming this vile man”

That interview lady engaging with Chaya is good. It showed what a moron she is and will make her go away faster

lol Chaya is really just an odious trashheap of a person and it comes across really well in that interview

it's like people claiming Ziwe was platforming Santos when the whole point of the interview was that she scammed him out of one for free, while he was demanding to get paid

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

Holy poo poo. That's actually kinda worse for him

More people voted and he still can't pull a 60% majority

Trump has an 8 point enthusiasm gap going against him in all Iowa, New Hampshire, and SC

Biden is like 96% and above in his

Dems are running 25 point average swings since Roe, and this is NOT being picked up by polls.

Which Candidate would you rather be right now?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 25, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

explosivo posted:

My hope comes from telling myself that there's really not much that can go Trump's way electorally between now and November. Either he gets convicted of federal and/or state felonies which will definitely hurt him no matter how much he says it'll just galvanize his diehards; or he somehow skates/delays his way through to Election Day and by that time everyone will have been inundated with months of news stores priming them for FOUR MORE YEARS OF TRUMP UNLESS YOU ACT NOW :siren: which will definitely drive the otherwise lazy people to the polls.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Data Graham posted:

he gets convicted of federal and/or state felonies which will definitely hurt him no matter how much he says it'll just galvanize his diehards
you’re forgetting this is what will carry The Black vote :bahgawd:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Strong Sauce posted:

these chuds are just cowards. when pressed on their stances they refuse to address as though it doesn't make them look incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1761566574907974051

The "I'm not touching you!" school of debate here.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Donald Trump Is the Leeroy Jenkins of the Republican Party

https://whowhatwhy.org/politics/us-politics/donald-trump-is-the-leeroy-jenkins-of-the-republican-party/

quote:

Donald Trump is the Leeroy Jenkins of politics… He is ill prepared for the job, reckless, and, quite frankly, not so bright.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 25, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Instead of being stuck on Trump, be stuck in berg! David Stuckenberg for President!

lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MrQwerty posted:

lol Chaya is really just an odious trashheap of a person and it comes across really well in that interview

it's like people claiming Ziwe was platforming Santos when the whole point of the interview was that she scammed him out of one for free, while he was demanding to get paid

I think the issue for her is she is trying to be some uncaring cool kiwifarms type and only the chuddiest of chuds clap for that. Most others are turned off because I mean look at it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Instead of being stuck on Trump, be stuck in berg! David Stuckenberg for President!

Stuckenberg? The guy who invented Facebook?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Tl;dr for the legalese: "Lol, gently caress off with that, what are you even trying to pull."

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Catastrophe posted:

Donald Trump Is the Leeroy Jenkins of the Republican Party

At least he has chicken.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

At least he has chicken.

it's been longer than five minutes, he had chicken

TheKub
May 11, 2006

An ode to Commander:

Biting cops and loving bitches
clicking claws and getting scritches
We're not talking 'bout Hunter's Hog
It's the goddamn POTUS dog

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

Which Candidate would you rather be right now?

Yup. This is what I pretty much say to people IRL who ask, “can Trump be really win?!”

I always preface it with, “Trump can absolutely win, but…” and then point out all the reasons why, historically, it’s not looking good for him.

In addition to everything you noted, there’s also the emerging money disadvantage, which is NUTS for Republicans to have a disadvantage on money. Our entire electoral finance system has been absolutely gutted by Republicans on the Supreme Court under the assumption that money would always be significant advantage in favor of the Republicans.

There’s also the fact that a lot of Republicans in the House are retiring, many of them quite young. Historically, that’s a sign that they don’t expect to be in the majority after the next election, and even if you’re in a safe Red district, spending a cycle fundraising and campaigning just to be in the House minority at the end of it all sucks. In addition to not having any real power, the minority party in the House gets shittier offices and loses a bunch of other perks.

So yeah… Trump could win, but pretty much all the historical metrics are pointing towards a Biden re-election, with the outliers there being his age (somewhat neutralized by Trump being old as gently caress, too) and his persistently low approval ratings.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Now this is the kind of doomerism as in "The Republican Party is doomed" that I can get behind!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I still think Clay Higgins is the Leroy Jenkins of the Republican Party. Because I say his name the same way out loud irl

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
That's a loving 454 million DKP minus for Donald Trump

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Fuckin' goobers at CNN put stuff like this on the front page.

Spoiler- it's not that she was betrayed and stabbed to death.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"there's a small pause while they decide if there will be a larger pause until they can determine what size the next pause is"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Scags McDouglas posted:

Wait she's a zombie now?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Scags McDouglas posted:

She's going to assassinate the rising fascist power hungry insane person that is leading her and her allies?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Scags McDouglas posted:

Who has a better story than TRUMP?!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Who has a better story than TRUMP?!

Rags-to-riches, self-made man, business tycoon, President. Amazing story, a story never told or heard. Many people are saying it's the best story, some of them straight out of central casting with tears in their eyes.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Scags McDouglas posted:

huh niki ate pussy in a hot spring good for her

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’m gonna say it. I don’t think ol’ Donny Tmurp is gonna wriggle out of this one.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Elno is going to cut the GOP a huge discount on advertising on X to “keep the levels of outreach fair because the people need to be able to hear from both sides to formulate their <rear end pressed against a glass window forever making GBS threads>”

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Horatio Alger came up to me with tears in his eyes, shaking my hand he said “Sir! SIR! These rags are tremendous. These are… you have the most beautiful rags I’ve ever seen. But we don’t like ALL rags, do we, folks?
(Pause for boos)
That’s right. We don’t like the liberal rags of ANTEEEEFAAAAH. The lying, failing New York Journal, the… the.. uh, the rags that they wear when they’re protesting. Protesting our big, beautiful bibles. Am I right? Yeah, because they hate our bibles. The, uh, the little baby Jesus, wrapped up in rags. They don’t like him. Do they? Not one bit.
(Pause for applause, scattered laughter, boos)
But one thing about the babies, is, they want to abort them at nine months, ten, many people are saying up to a year old. They can abort babies up to a year after they’re born, can you believe that? Not gonna happen on my watch. All those frozen little babies, they tell me, they said there are millions of Eye-Vee-Fah babies, and we’ll find the ones that aren’t antifa, and make sure they get born. Born right into rags with those silver spoons every baby gets, just like I had when I was a baby. Except mine was gold.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Almost Smart posted:

Elno is going to cut the GOP a huge discount on advertising on X to “keep the levels of outreach fair because the people need to be able to hear from both sides to formulate their <rear end pressed against a glass window forever making GBS threads>”

Have you seen the advertising on twitter lately? I doubt Jack Off Pants were paying big bucks either

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trey loving Gowdy

remember when Clinton got grilled by Gowdy for 10+ hours and he and his R buddies became sweaty messes and Clinton was just her normal (terminator) bot self. its probably why the regressive snever want a public hearing again. they dont want to risk Hunter Biden/whoever destroying them

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scags McDouglas posted:

She knows nothing?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

kazil posted:

Have you seen the advertising on twitter lately? I doubt Jack Off Pants were paying big bucks either

like a quarter of the ads I see on twitter now are idris elba promoting the gold industry. the rest are drop shipped garbage.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

PhazonLink posted:

remember when Clinton got grilled by Gowdy for 10+ hours and he and his R buddies became sweaty messes and Clinton was just her normal (terminator) bot self. its probably why the regressive snever want a public hearing again. they dont want to risk Hunter Biden/whoever destroying them

My first encounters with YouTube “Snivelling Liberal Cuck gets OWNED by Cheet McGriff in EXPLOSIVE Senate hearing!!” were Trey Gowdy. What a weird dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

I wonder how many JO pants got sold because of advertising on twitter