Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He DID say “yo whassup I’m dead” in a problematic way……

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dijkstracula posted:

this thread is now a psyop from sony entertainment of america to get us to like dakota johnson and see her new blockbuster motion picture now playing in theatres nationwide

Honest I’m gonna wait for the Blu-ray.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This would be a good time for Shark Exorcist 2 to drop.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I didn't think Jay would get cancelled for being racist before Rich did, but here we are.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Live long enough and see your heroes become the people who mock the dark Knight (not Batman I mean an African-American character who is named Knight and is chivalrous and brave). Damnit Jay why. Why Jay why

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought the Room remake would be the most baffling movie news I see today, but boy was I wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Eternally-Twilight-AIs-Guide-Saga/dp/B0B8TPBDFM

quote:

Experience the ultimate Twilight Saga documentary! Written, performed, and illustrated with AI, this bizarre exploration of the supernatural world of vampires and werewolves will leave you howling.

Fake edit: lol, it's on youtube for free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BriNm4Daves

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

He DID say “yo whassup I’m dead” in a problematic way……

He sounded like Latino.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I just got the 4k remaster of Darkman and I really like their choice of the disc art.

I got that in the mail this week. It’s a great package. Darkman is really good. One of Rami’s best. Better than his Spider-man flicks.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

holy gently caress the beekeeper was gold. had a chance to be cult trash royalty, but just couldnt quite get there overall. first two acts were amazing and the third was meh.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I just got the 4k remaster of Darkman and I really like their choice of the disc art.

gently caress this I don’t wanna keep rebuying movies I already own stop showing me this stuff!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I thought the Room remake would be the most baffling movie news I see today, but boy was I wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Eternally-Twilight-AIs-Guide-Saga/dp/B0B8TPBDFM

Fake edit: lol, it's on youtube for free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BriNm4Daves

Is that narrator lady AI? I legit can’t tell at this point.

The art is amazing though lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Whoever recommended Boiling Point ITT, thank you. An absolutely astounding piece of filmmaking and the most accurate representation of how restaurants run I’ve even run into.

Just stellar

the entire 95 minute movie is a single shot. They shot the entire film 3x and took the best they got and printed it. It’s loving wild

A loving plus and I’m genuinely impressed. Goddamn.

E: that ending though. That was uh

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 25, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Liam Neeson looking a lot like Tim Robinson

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Frank Frank posted:

Whoever recommended Boiling Point ITT, thank you. An absolutely astounding piece of filmmaking and the most accurate representation of how restaurants run I’ve even run into.

Just stellar

the entire 95 minute movie is a single shot. They shot the entire film 3x and took the best they got and printed it. It’s loving wild

A loving plus and I’m genuinely impressed. Goddamn.

E: that ending though. That was uh

Yeah, I saw this a few months ago and the bits that really stuck with me were
1. Those glorious occasions where the kitchen is working like a well-oiled machine to get everything from the order finished at the same time
2. Stretches that were stressful in a way I can only compare to Uncut Gems

I mean the latter as a proper compliment. I haven't rewatched Uncut Gems because I assume it can't be that nerve-wracking on a second watch and I don't want to diminish it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I saw uncut gems on a whim sight unseen with my mother and younger brother and it was the most stressful experience in a theatre I've ever had

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Blind watches are great

Me in the year 2000 posted:

As this is our first date, let me impress you by knowing obscure film stuff. I recognize this director from Pi, let us watch his new film together sight unseen, again, on this our first date.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there;s like 10 different movies named boiling point, could you be more specific?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's the cooking one about a high end British restaurant. No it's not the TV series about Gordon Ramsey, but it does have a sequel TV series to the movie that is also called Boiling Point.

It's the one that stars Stephen Graham. 2019.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

….the one about the restaurant…???

Double feature it with boiler room

mystes
May 31, 2006

Boiling Point 3: Triple Point

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Simmer: A Boiling Point Story

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Boiling Point 4: High altitude so the boiling point is different

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mystes posted:

Boiling Point 3: Triple Point

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

A Boiling Point Story: Boilman 2: Boil Hotter

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Boiling Point, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Phase Transition

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sublimation (soft reboot)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Blind watches are great

lmao. I asked a girl out to see Requiem for a Dream. She couldn't make it so I got high and went by myself. Dodged a bullet on that one, we went out a couple weeks later and did NOT go see that

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The Boiling Point Cinematic Universe (BPCU)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kalel posted:

I saw uncut gems on a whim sight unseen with my mother and younger brother and it was the most stressful experience in a theatre I've ever had

The opening minutes of that movie with Sandler feel like an anxiety attack.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mozi posted:

Simmer: A Boiling Point Story

Boiling Point Episode 0: Freezing Point

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

CaptainBeefart posted:

Rip Family Video. Now they're all fitness centers or CBD vape shops.

get yourself to garden city kansas for the only family video still standing (as of like five years ago)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
It's about Family Video, and that's what's so powerful about it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
🤌

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Blind watches are great

me in the year 2009 posted:

it is critical that you, a cool artsy lady, are impressed with my taste in moopies, so let's go on a date to see enter the void

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Well, how'd it work out? Did you enter the void?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

poisonpill posted:

….the one about the restaurant…???

Double feature it with boiler room

Triple with Hard Boiled

Also I gotta recommend Boiling Point again especially if you’ve ever worked in a restaurant. It gets literally everything right. It’s wild it was shot in 1 take. Like, I don’t even know how that’s possible.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 26, 2024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Watched Deathstalker IV: Match of the Titans and Im impressed both by how cheap Roger Corman is and how weird the places the director made goddamn sure his vision was on screen were.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I tried watching boiling point tonight. I only lasted 30 minutes, I couldn't take the tension at all. I got to the point where it's the proposal woman revealed she had a nut allergy and I could only see it ending terribly for them. I'll pick it up again tomorrow and try again because I was really really enjoying what I had watched but you really need to be in the right mind state to endure that.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
RLM hasn't really touched much in the spy or Bond-knockoff genre for any of their BOTW, have they? I know it's not in their typical wheelhouse of sci-fi, horror, action flicks but the only one I kind of remember is maybe Order of the Black Eagle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

RLM hasn't really touched much in the spy or Bond-knockoff genre for any of their BOTW, have they? I know it's not in their typical wheelhouse of sci-fi, horror, action flicks but the only one I kind of remember is maybe Order of the Black Eagle?

They did the other Duncan Jax film, Unmasking the Idol as well.

White Fire kinda fits that description if James Bond was unfortunate looking and really wanted to gently caress his sister.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 26, 2024