Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

davidspackage posted:

I've never tried it, but mushy peas sounds like literal baby food.
they're pretty common in meat pies which can be perfectly awesome. that's the problem, this thing is trying to combine too many things for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

davidspackage posted:

Baby and old people. I assume a lot of people in the UK don't have teeth.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

davidspackage posted:

yeah and it fuckin rules

mexicans got the same idea with refried beans

legume goop supremacy

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, it is basically refried beans, except with peas, not cooked with fat or spices, and thus not anywhere near as delicious.

But they can work in a pinch.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They normally have mint added

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Roundup Ready posted:

Their chips might look like garbage steak fries we're used to in the US, but well made, triple fried chips kick rear end. I was on your side until I actually had them.
Maybe I’ve been unlucky but every single fish and chip place I tried in London was a war crime against fries when compared to the worst shithole in Belgium. Not sure how it would compare to the US.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nettle Soup posted:

They normally have mint added

That's worse than no herbs and spices at all

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I've never heard of anyone putting mint in mushy peas, so I looked it up and all the recipes seem to be for making mushy peas out of green peas, not marrowfats.
That seems to defeat the terrible point of mushy peas, they should be floury and weird, not fresh and sweet.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

One of the few remaining examples of bipartisanship in the US is democrats and republicans agreeing that mushing up peas for guac was an abomination.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The football scran accounts consistently post stuff like steak and ale pie with mushy peas and it looks amazing

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Mushed peas is gross as gently caress. My mother loved them and tried really hard to put them into every meal growing up. Never touched them, and never touched liver and onions. Gross.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

The thing about UK chips vs Belgian/French/US fries is that they are really different things, like a slice of toast vs a slice of brioche, or New York vs Chicago or even deep dish style pizza. If you go in craving and expecting one thing and getting the other, you are not set up to have a good time with it.

Griddle of Love fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 21, 2024

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Non Compos Mentis posted:

salt and vinegar crusty bread sounds delicious

It really does. There's a spice and tea shop by my house that sells vinegar powder, and I love that stuff. It's so good on popcorn.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wet yet cheese not melted

once again, what the gently caress are they doing

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

If you wanted cheese based text on your pizza (a dubious choice to begin with, but for the sake of argument let's grant it) you couldn't just let it melt without a care in the world. You'd just end up with an illegible cheeseblob.

Personally I'd just pick halloumi for the text and a dusting of parmesan for flavour instead of underbaking a a wet pizza, but everybody has got to make their own pie at the end of the day.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

In the vein of not actually pizza...
https://twitter.com/itsnicolefegan/status/1760381950962147776

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

At least they admit it right in the ad that it's not pizza.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I kinda wish we had a KFC here, just to see how badly they'd gently caress that up.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I dont see why it wouldnt taste good or at least ok, tomato sauce on chicken with some mazerella and peps sounds good. But pizza it is not.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
chizza was rolled out in phillippines in 2015

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Antipodean madmen once created an abomination called the Schnitzza.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

yeah I mean chicken parm with some pepperoni? would

now can KFC do it well ? doubtful but Id try it once

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Pizza Hut had the KFC Popcorn Chicken pizza and it was actually decent for a novelty item. The whole thing got eaten without complaint

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had the double down once. It was a bit much. I think I made a thread about it when it came out. Can't remember.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I had the double down once. It was a bit much. I think I made a thread about it when it came out. Can't remember.

Time to make a new thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cartoon Man posted:

Time to make a new thread.

I only make threads that I know will do well. I've made like 4 threads ever in the past 14 years and 2 went gold (at least one that I know of), and the others are like 4 stars.

If you haven't noticed, I only post top quality content.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

I tried it a couple months ago and it's really mediocre but not particularly offensive.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

I kinda wish we had a KFC here, just to see how badly they'd gently caress that up.

Reportedly KFC is much better outside of America, for reasons I don't really understand, but I guess it has to do with Yum! Brands having separate corporate management over its international stores.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SlothfulCobra posted:

Reportedly KFC is much better outside of America, for reasons I don't really understand, but I guess it has to do with Yum! Brands having separate corporate management over its international stores.

Also probably due to international food safety and consumer protection laws.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, feels like that's generally the case. I feel like I've been unlucky even by US standards for Yum! brands though, the KFCs and Taco Bells I've lived near all seem like they're trashy enough that the franchises couldn't stay apart if those were the baseline quality.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also probably due to international food safety and consumer protection laws.

nah, theres a lotta polities with worse regulations that still have better kfcs and polities w better regs that have pretty comparably bad

the whole general proposition of fast food relies on high quality cheap labor. in america this doesnt exist but in philippines or romania it does

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I think it has more to do with the fact many other countries already plenty of local low-cost options so american fast food is forced to raise the standard or the public will just buy local.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

See, this is why people will never recognize New Zealand as a real place.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gotta stick with Old Zealand if you want a classic pie

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Huh, so this only just now came to English-speaking regions? Because I remember first hearing about it ages ago thanks to this meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJuSTglqwlo

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Kyte posted:

mediocre but not particularly offensive.

KFC's menu in five words

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Kyte posted:

I think it has more to do with the fact many other countries already plenty of local low-cost options so american fast food is forced to raise the standard or the public will just buy local.

It’s also not actually serving the same role in a lot of countries. Like KFC is Japanese middle-class Christmas meal (not joking), not the cheapest chicken you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

It’s also not actually serving the same role in a lot of countries. Like KFC is Japanese middle-class Christmas meal (not joking), not the cheapest chicken you can get.

I think KFC tried to sell like that last Christmas. Lots of KFC as a family Christmas dinner ads in my city. I don't think a lot people decided to switch the classic turkey or pork loin dinner over a probably more expensive KFC. We have a lot of local options that are ten times cheaper.