Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

He had a late in life growth spurt so that he could keep up with Barron

Thinking about Trmpu having to endure leg extension surgery, lmao, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Is it possible...to learn this technique?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Strong Sauce posted:

it's not a good look but trump's going to win the nomination and as we get closer to the election none of this will really matter. people voting for haley may not like trump but most aren't going to vote for biden.. the best scenario really is that they just don't vote.

Which is actually better. I'd rather Republicans stay home than vote Biden top of the ticket and Republican down ballot

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

marshalljim posted:

The SC primary was not particularly bad for Trump, given that it's Haley's home state, and she had some independent and Dem turnout. It wasn't GREAT for Trump, but it wasn't the disaster a lot of you seem to think it was.

No it was pretty bad.

As a incumbent and the de facto party leader/saint/godking Trump should be getting 99%+ of the vote from his own party in all states.

Even Biden, who is not thought of all that well by his own party, typically gets 90%-ish of the votes from his own party in the states that voted so far.

To end up with around 60% in this election and around 50-70% in the others* is pretty piss poor for him. It doesn't mean he can't win a Presidential election but it is a good sign that there is a decently sized minority of R voters who sick of poo poo and want him gone. Which if that holds for the 2024 general election will mean he loses and loses hard.

The bigger question IMO is what that will mean for down ballot votes. Will those Trump hating R's still vote for R senators and reps or will they just stay home altogether? I don't think there is a way to answer that question yet.

*He got 99%+ in the NV vote but that was with the state R's trying their best to throw the election his way.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

redgubbinz posted:

Not from a jedi

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

the jedi do not use enough opiates for the second portion of the technique, after all

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Hope we get a livestream of mad trymp when he loses

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

No it was pretty bad.

As a incumbent and the de facto party leader/saint/godking Trump should be getting 99%+ of the vote from his own party in all states.

Even Biden, who is not thought of all that well by his own party, typically gets 90%-ish of the votes from his own party in the states that voted so far.

To end up with around 60% in this election and around 50-70% in the others* is pretty piss poor for him. It doesn't mean he can't win a Presidential election but it is a good sign that there is a decently sized minority of R voters who sick of poo poo and want him gone. Which if that holds for the 2024 general election will mean he loses and loses hard.

The bigger question IMO is what that will mean for down ballot votes. Will those Trump hating R's still vote for R senators and reps or will they just stay home altogether? I don't think there is a way to answer that question yet.

*He got 99%+ in the NV vote but that was with the state R's trying their best to throw the election his way.

Every national poll I've seen this cycle has registered R going 90+ for Trump. I don't believe this poo poo for a minute, in the end they will vote Trump without question.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh is THAT how he was able to do the weird spinny helicopter attack thing he killed all of Mace Windu's chumps with?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
If Trump loses in 2024, he will endlessly complain that he actually won.

If Trump barely wins in 2024, he will endlessly complain about how he somehow didn't win by enough.

If Trump wins by a significant margin, he will endlessly complain about how that's proof that he did actually also win in 2020 and that it was stollen from him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

saintonan posted:

Every national poll I've seen this cycle has registered R going 90+ for Trump. I don't believe this poo poo for a minute, in the end they will vote Trump without question.

So we should believe this poll, but not that poll*

(*for "that poll", substitute "the results of the primary elections thus far")

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
only that one sith with lightsabers everywhere on his cyborg bod can do that tech, but only if he does his dick and presumably butt sabers

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

saintonan posted:

Yeah I have no doubt 90% will vote for a trump even if he's convicted on 90+ charges. Thankfully the margins are such that the few percent not voting should be enough to completely tank his chances of being elected again.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

We should believe the polls that don't lead to us getting complacent

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

saintonan posted:

Ok, what about timid R voters, aka independents?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

If Trump loses in 2024, he will endlessly complain that he actually won.

If Trump barely wins in 2024, he will endlessly complain about how he somehow didn't win by enough.

If Trump wins by a significant margin, he will endlessly complain about how that's proof that he did actually also win in 2020 and that it was stollen from him.

Win, lose or draw, we will be dealing with Trump and his bitching until either he or we die.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nine-gear crow posted:

Win, lose or draw, we will be dealing with Trump and his bitching until either he or we die.

I'm thankful that barring some tragedy I'll live to see Tumpumhphh die.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

saintonan posted:

Every national poll I've seen this cycle has registered R going 90+ for Trump.

Voter satisfaction polling with their party isn't the same as votes in a primary or general election.

Biden's satisfaction poll numbers are mediocre at best but his votes in actual elections is better than Trump's most of the time.

edit: and again as has been said many times but I guess needs repeating: a loss of even a few percent of R or I voters will sink Trump's chances if the voting pattern holds similar to 2020. Even a 1% loss is disastrous for his chances guys. The vote margin in terms of voters, and not EV votes, was VERY close!

PC LOAD LETTER fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 25, 2024

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Sydney Bottocks posted:

it also depends on what the national polls are actually asking, if the polls are not asking about who you're voting for in the primaries those are two separate (albeit related) questions

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

I'm thankful that barring some tragedy I'll live to see Tumpumhphh die.

That whole week will be an enormous party.

Also I think Trump's 60% in South Carolina is coming from the GOP starting to come apart over abortion. With the whole IVF thing hanging over their heads and Trump boasting about 1) destroying Roe vs. Wade and 2) his 16 week abortion ban/national ban, I figure that's got a lot of GOP wondering exactly what they signed up for and realizing they've been had.

Then again, who knows at this point? So far it looks like the Democrats are falling in line while the GOP falls in and out of love with Trump. World's gone topsy-turvy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I figure that's got a lot of GOP wondering exactly what they signed up for and realizing they've been had.

No? That's exactly what they signed up for.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I mean, I don't disagree with this

I just think some people are seeing results that (contrary to previous conventional wisdom, as was often expressed ITT) indicate Trump's base in some very red states wasn't as solid as previously believed; and rather than lol'ing with us that maybe he's lost more of the faithful than he's realized, seem to want to spin it as meaningless/"not really all that bad for Trump" instead for whatever reason

Also I don't really think you need to worry about eligible US voters ITT getting complacent, as I'm going to guess that none of us will just assume that Biden has it in the bag after the events of 2016. And we have no control over what the general public thinks anyways, so it's kind of a pointless concern to voice ITT, really

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 25, 2024

TheKub
May 11, 2006

redgubbinz posted:

Try spinning... that's a good trick!

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1761463040598224999

:lol:ing that :smugdon: owes more :10bux: each day than I make in 2 years.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

mobby_6kl posted:

Polls closer to the election time, and well after the primaries are done (and voters actually believe it'll be Trump v Biden again...apparently a whole lot don't believe it'll be like that!), are going to be useful.

Until they're mostly useless. Too many things are going to change. The economy is expected to get better (as in actually better for people who work for a living and not just Wall St) for one, inflation should be going down for another, and Trump's criminal trials will start to shuffle towards their respective conclusions.

Counting votes and comparing percentages is a better (still not great) way to gauge things until then.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1761814570295796160?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

I guess Trump’s handlers know a potential PR catastrophe when they see one, and decided they didn’t want Trump to throw up on a special needs-kid.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Bottom Liner posted:

No? That's exactly what they signed up for.

seriously, I don’t know why this is so impossible to grasp for some goons lol, a MASSIVE part of the GOP voting bloc is thrilled about the IVF stuff, even a huge religious segment that doesn’t generally go as hard for trump as you’d think

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rockman Reserve posted:

seriously, I don’t know why this is so impossible to grasp for some goons lol, a MASSIVE part of the GOP voting bloc is thrilled about the IVF stuff, even a huge religious segment that doesn’t generally go as hard for trump as you’d think

They aren't a big enough bloc of the population to matter in a national election by themselves, and this alienates literally almost everyone else because of how insane it is/ they are

Quadrupling down on Christian fascism is not remotely the winning strategy they think it is

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PhazonLink posted:

only that one sith with lightsabers everywhere on his cyborg bod can do that tech, but only if he does his dick and presumably butt sabers

So you mean like

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Rockman Reserve posted:

a MASSIVE part of the GOP voting bloc is thrilled about the IVF stuff, even a huge religious segment that doesn’t generally go as hard for trump as you’d think

Nah the people going hard for the anti IVF stuff are those who've gone hard for Trump pretty much the whole time: evangelicals and other religious right leaning nuts.

He's pretty much always had that group in his bag the whole time. Even when they were actually hemming and hawing a bit about having a known scumbag like him to vote for. All that nonsense about him being some sort've soiled tool for god I think or something to that effect.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

saintonan posted:

Yeah, in the end conservatives are authoritarian dogs and will take the utilitarian approach of "what choice will own the libs the most?"

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1761814570295796160?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

I guess Trump’s handlers know a potential PR catastrophe when they see one, and decided they didn’t want Trump to throw up on a special needs-kid.

Remember when Trump stranded multiple busloads of elderly supporters to freeze to death? On multiple occasions in multiple states? And this guy thought they were gonna save a seat for him?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TulliusCicero posted:

They aren't a big enough bloc of the population to matter in a national election by themselves, and this alienates literally almost everyone else because of how insane it is/ they are

Quadrupling down on Christian fascism is not remotely the winning strategy they think it is
This "massive" bloc is so influential that half the GOP is making mealy mouthed noises about the sanctity of life that can be enabled by IVF and the other half is subtly trying to blame God for this decision, their hands are tied. The GOP introduced a wedge issue that could be used against itself, just the best political work ever.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Data Graham posted:

So you mean like

He helps the children
But not the liberal children

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Also I think Trump's 60% in South Carolina is coming from the GOP starting to come apart over abortion. With the whole IVF thing hanging over their heads and Trump boasting about 1) destroying Roe vs. Wade and 2) his 16 week abortion ban/national ban, I figure that's got a lot of GOP wondering exactly what they signed up for and realizing they've been had.

Then again, who knows at this point? So far it looks like the Democrats are falling in line while the GOP falls in and out of love with Trump. World's gone topsy-turvy.

Haley’s dumbass makes Trump “the moderate” on abortion and IVF :lol:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kw0134 posted:

This "massive" bloc is so influential that half the GOP is making mealy mouthed noises about the sanctity of life that can be enabled by IVF and the other half is subtly trying to blame God for this decision, their hands are tied. The GOP introduced a wedge issue that could be used against itself, just the best political work ever.

It's not just a wedge issue for the GOP itself:

It's a reminder to any moderate/ left/ liberal/ indy voter that these people are loving insane and make up maybe 28% of the US population, and they want to tell you what to do, under penalty of law, in accordance with their God, which oh hey just so happens to completely agree with them! :shepface:

It also heavily motivates the other side to want them out. If you were a comfy moderate who just wants lower taxes, you definitely don't want this loving poo poo.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Trump treating his cultists like absolute poo poo is always a bit saddening on a human level but probably the best thing for them. He definitely lost votes for those people who had to walk back to their cars and I hope at least the dad here realizes that the man didn’t give a poo poo about what he was trying to do for his kid.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

I hope at least the dad here realizes

:dafuq:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Every time Trump mistreated people or didn't pay people or stranded the elderly 3 miles away in a swamp was all fake news

But now that he's done it to me, personally, I can say that is also fake news :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Professor Shark posted:

Trump treating his cultists like absolute poo poo is always a bit saddening on a human level but probably the best thing for them. He definitely lost votes for those people who had to walk back to their cars and I hope at least the dad here realizes that the man didn’t give a poo poo about what he was trying to do for his kid.

I'm trying to picture the person who got stranded at the Omaha airport in -25° weather with his elderly parents and had to walk back to the parking lot fuming the whole way and had NOT somehow talked himself back around to being fully TRUMP by the time they got home from the hospital

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
regressive safaris are stupid but i do kinda wonder if some 2016 peeps are still Don supports. like the baby and mom pic or the parents of the cheer girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Professor Shark posted:

Trump treating his cultists like absolute poo poo is always a bit saddening on a human level but probably the best thing for them. He definitely lost votes for those people who had to walk back to their cars

:lol:, no he didn’t.

Is there even one person on record as saying so?

Trump appeals to the biggest shitheads so much that even contractors whom he personally hosed over are on record as supporting him and voting for him.