Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Intrusive thought, what if like Biden and Trump both die of old age before we get to the polls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Durf posted:

Trump's legs are definitely going to go first

That's my "holding in a big turd" stance.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I legit thought you had constructed the Trump dancing thing or used AI to create it or something. How have we not been comparing him dancing that one time to his weird step in place move shoulders clap and point dancing at his rallies. Also, isn't it kind of insane that he consistently dances at rallies?

I'm watching the 90's X-Men series after hearing about the revival coming in a couple months. There's of course conservative backlash about it because there's going to be a non-binary character or something, I don't pay attention to their freakout of the day anymore. Anyway, season two opens up with people blowing up Mutant Friendly businesses and firing laser guns (don't ask me how they got those) from pickup trucks at signs declaring a church allows Mutants. They corner a guy who is different looking but doesn't have powers and the guys (always guys) surrounding him tell him that they just hate Mutants, even if they're just living their lives. Then Xavier tells a character that societies have always found an outgroup to blame for various problems instead of trying to cure the societal ills. If you released this poo poo today conservatives would be even angrier than they are about a single character they don't like. They are clearly making a Nazi allegory in the show (down to the Iron Cross symbol the hate group uses), but there are too many parallels to the modern LGBTQ hatred for them to just ignore.

I just started playing the episode where this all happens a second ago and Xavier gets deepfaked like two seconds after the stuff I described above. Will continue to watch to see what other things this 30 year old children's show predicted.

Edit: Ten seconds after that there's an attack on X-Men at a bar that the local news then edits to make it look like they attacked the guys who burst in guns blazing. poo poo's on point.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 25, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zero VGS posted:

Intrusive thought, what if like Biden and Trump both die of old age before we get to the polls?

The funniest 8-15 years of US history, in a bad way

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Can anyone translate this into English?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Zero VGS posted:

Kamala vs Haley

just absolutely loving dire

even worse if Desantis just Kramers his way back into the race

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Catastrophe posted:

Im cool because I'm old and millials are all woke crybabies.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Catastrophe posted:

probably something stupid happened two years ago and clay higgins is a giant moron

See More Butts
Dec 29, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

So the nuclear threat ended at the end of 1979?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

TheKub posted:

That's my "holding in a big turd" stance.

He doesn't do that though.

That's what the diapers are for.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

kazil posted:

clay higgins is a giant moron

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah kids these days only have to worry about school shootings, which totally definitely doesn't happen more often than nuclear attacks.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

uh...uh...ummm...oh! It's actually his pet name for her, he's sharing an intimate detail! And he did it on purpose! pwned again libtards :smug:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Catastrophe posted:

Donal Trumbo released a Nuclear Threat in his pamps and you're laughing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Durf posted:

Kamala vs Haley

just absolutely loving dire

even worse if Desantis just Kramers his way back into the race

It won’t be Haley. If it’s after the convention, it will be whoever his running mate is (Noem or Tim Scott?) and if it’s before the convention, it’s an all out clusterfuck where Trump’s delegates basically get to pick someone they can all agree on - once again, Not Haley. It’s just as likely to be Don Jr as someone who could actually have a shot at winning. :lol:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

don't do drugs, kids

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Rescue Toaster posted:

I can't be bothered to screenshot it but CNN is describing Trump's CPAC speech as "Fiery" in the headline. Jesus loving christ the media makes me so angry. He was a rambling mess and when he wasn't he was just openly horribly racist.

Fiery!
I had dismissed his speech as the usual pudding-brained nonsense, but I thought about this post today when I saw some of the other stuff he said:

The Failing New York Times posted:

“I stand before you today not only as your past and future president, but as a proud political dissident,” Mr. Trump said.

“For hard-working Americans,” he added, “Nov. 5 will be our new liberation day — but for the liars and cheaters and fraudsters and censors and impostors who have commandeered our government, it will be their judgment day.”

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Zero VGS posted:

If I wrote our reality, I’d have Trump die the day before election day, and Biden one week after. (If I had to have Biden die this year that is).

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Durf posted:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

If I wrote our reality, I’d have Trump die the day before election day, and Biden one week after. (If I had to have Biden die this year that is).

Honestly? I'd rather Trump just died during his next public appearance, whether it's tonight or tomorrow or later this week. Just have him drop dead live on a TV where everyone can see it.

It's not like the Republican Party will suddenly turn hyper-competent once the old guy croaks. He's the only thing keeping the basket of various deplorables together. His death will trigger an all out, multi-factional schism. Trump's death isn't the end of the Republicans' problems, it's the beginning. :sickos:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Catastrophe posted:

epic meme game goods ir!

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Harry_Potato posted:

In other news 2 out of ten dentists say that meth is actually good for the teeth.

MethMouth:

MethMouth, eat the IVF eggs!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

He needs to go back to making crime stoppers videos about how guys who steal air conditioners will be tormented in the flames of hell, complete with wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2lXf9r5DSM

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Obsidianheart posted:

The people who got hosed over by Trungus usually convince themselves the fault belonged to an aide or low-level staffer who will absolutely be getting fired for this gently caress-up.

Trump can deflect blame any which he wants and they'll buy it. The moderate take is people are so distrustful of "establishment" politics they'll cling to whatever the "outsider" says but I think that's being too generous. I think they're just dumb as hell and they love what he says about bombing Mexico or draining swamps or whatever gets them riled and it's just easier mentally to accept everything else he says.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

quote:

Man: Hello, media! This is not fair! I came here for Trump's speech. I'm not going to leave. I've been here since 7:00 AM in the morning

:qqsay:

gently caress him, probably only brought his kid to be a prop / get in the front rows anyway

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 25, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Catastrophe posted:

Lol it's almost really beautiful as poetry

"I aim leftist missiles pointed at a non binary sky, the nuclear threat pasted upon a woke future"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Durf posted:

I love my non-Euclidean president

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/ZGXFdZQ.mp4

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The Man With the Golden Diap, one of Ian Fleming’s rare literary failures.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Catastrophe posted:

I'm gen X, but as I recall the living without worrying about nukes lasted like 10 years, if it happened at all. After the break up of the soviet union we weren't worried about MAD, but there were still scare stories that the former soviet nukes were going missing or just not being taken care of at all, and so anybody could have them. Then after 2001 it ramped up that terrorists could have a dirty bomb or a suitcase bomb and while all out nuclear war was less likely, some thought the chance of a nuclear incident was higher than before the fall of the USSR.

Nuclear annihilation isn't as big a worry as it was 60s-80s, but "nuclear threat" never went away.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I actively want no part of lookmaxxed Donald Trump, holy poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump should totally sell golden Trump! brand adult diapers. It’s perfect for his demo of geriatrics and pants-making GBS threads morons!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Durf posted:

is there an unaltered version of this please

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Haverchuck posted:

is there an unaltered version of this please

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Catastrophe posted:

imagine being angry that nuclear war isn't imminent

so hard to get those easy military earmarks these days, how are you expected to make a living as a politician?!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Looking good sir

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mr. Meagles posted:

Looking good sir

Are you from central casting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU