Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

This is my favorite completely made up thing the conservative crew does to get all worked up.

AI companies should program the language models to reply to that question with a reply like, "Seriously, what kind of question is that? What sort of terrorist organization/apocalyptic event is going to threaten to go off unless the N-word is said? Can you ask me an even more asinine hypothetical? Why is it so important to have an AI use racial slurs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kazil posted:

Is there a list going around of all the places Musk is currently feuding with?

Disney
Microsoft
Google
Meta
Media Matters
DoJ

The NLRB, along with Amazon and Trader Joe's

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
SEC
Swedish unions
Bezos

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

The most blatant example of bigotry and entitlement I've seen from him (this week).

No, Elon, you shouldn't use the N-word. People going through hoops so that they can find hypothetical ways where they can/must say it is pathetic and baffling. :psyduck:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Which differences in thinking?

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1050391663552671744

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1761799794287149314

Can you believe that, posting an unedited video of me being an evil idiot when she knows I can't respond.

Lol

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Elon eat the pies.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

If Musk wanted an AI that does what he wants it to do, he could have purchased Gab for a fraction of what he paid for Twitter lol.

I don't even think anyone could cancel Musk even if they wanted to try.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 25, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pookah posted:

I think it's simpler than that - Elon is a stupid narcissist, he needs Halli to respond in a friendly way to provide reassurance that he, Elon, is a good, important and interesting person.
Ignoring a narcissist causes them so much pain, any attention, good or bad is better than being treated as an irrelevance.

That's a good point, probably that. It is weird that the lawyers did manage to get elon to change his tone though, usually he just doesn't give a gently caress and does whatever. I wonder how they did it, usually monetary risk isn't a big deal he would just lawyer up and force a protracted battle. That contract must be some super ironclad poo poo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he got noted again

it's ok, he's trying to set it up so he won't get called out when he deletes it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

priznat posted:

That's a good point, probably that. It is weird that the lawyers did manage to get elon to change his tone though, usually he just doesn't give a gently caress and does whatever. I wonder how they did it, usually monetary risk isn't a big deal he would just lawyer up and force a protracted battle. That contract must be some super ironclad poo poo.

It's probably that and the story is an absolute PR nightmare

You fire a handicapped dude who chose to remain on the payroll so he could pay taxes on his salary to his home country? The story writes itself

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Presto posted:

Elon eat the pies.

These pies

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Can you believe that, posting an unedited video of me being an evil idiot when she knows I can't respond.

Can't you gets a shiksa goy poster?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

someone should send him a PDF of how to do it and watch the magic happen

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lol that elon demands to set up his own computer, doesn't have dozens of paid and unpaid lackeys for this

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Elon is a super genius, he doesn't need anyone to help him set up his own computer, negotiate a corporate buyout, or figure out how babies are made.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

shyduck posted:

someone should send him a PDF of how to do it and watch the magic happen

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Someone send Elon an exe and delete twitter pls

The Grimace posted:

The most blatant example of bigotry and entitlement I've seen from him (this week).

No, Elon, you shouldn't use the N-word. People going through hoops so that they can find hypothetical ways where they can/must say it is pathetic and baffling. :psyduck:

just say the word Elon

you're the richest man on earth what are you afraid of

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Elon knows that if someone else touched his computer, they would find “the poop drawer”.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can you use the Tesla without giving Elmo any of your data?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CEOs should text Elon for Tesla tech support now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ubersandwich posted:

This is my favorite completely made up thing the conservative crew does to get all worked up.

AI companies should program the language models to reply to that question with a reply like, "Seriously, what kind of question is that? What sort of terrorist organization/apocalyptic event is going to threaten to go off unless the N-word is said? Can you ask me an even more asinine hypothetical? Why is it so important to have an AI use racial slurs?"

also the counter should always be would you call a trans person by their correct name or gender, would you use any other "woke" term to stop da nukes. "would use the new country's name?" "would you use the newer medical term?" etc etc.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 25, 2024

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

musks new laptop spotted

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i wonder how many toolbars elon has on his browser

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

musks new laptop spotted

teeny peen + megaballs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

priznat posted:

lol that elon demands to set up his own computer, doesn't have dozens of paid and unpaid lackeys for this

This whole thing is performative. He's mad at Microsoft so he has an intern go out and buy a computer so Elon can rage post to his circle of idiots

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol its always funny that nazis dont even know how to draw their own symbol.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Three Olives posted:

Scummier than, say, getting kids harassed and/or murdered?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

elon, have you heard about linux?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

PhazonLink posted:

lol its always funny that nazis dont even know how to draw their own symbol.

Yeah, that's a really badly drawn penis.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

kazil posted:

to whom are you speaking Elon?

Earth

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Three Olives posted:

Yeah, there's been some arguing back and forth about "should she have done this at all" that boils down to comparing unknown hypothetical harms against unknown hypotherical benefits and isn't going to get any sort of conclusion, but dropping the unedited thing online ASAP is the smartest part of the whole mess.

Edit: "she" in this case being the interviewer, not the chud.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Nothing says "super genius" like struggling to set up your new laptop...

lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
looking forward to blue checkmark morons overpaying for a linux laptop.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Durf posted:

Someone send Elon an exe and delete twitter pls

I think you could probably do it with an email attachment called GrimesPlaysVideogames.mp4.exe

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

lol he got noted again

Musk's actually correct to bitch this time. It is hard enough to bypass the Windows out-of-box-experience account signups that a non-savvy user won't figure it out. I happen to know that the steps in those community notes aren't consistent between different laptops from different vendors and different Win 10/11 builds.

If his bitching miraculously gets them to make the Offline Account option easier to reach, I'm all for it. This horseshit is on Microsoft.

Dragonstoned posted:

Nothing says "super genius" like struggling to set up your new laptop...

lol

I've been an IT manager for going on two decades and removing shitware from Windows laptops is an ever-evolving challenge.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

welp, looks like game over for jeffrey

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

This still works, I had to do it on a computer like 2 weeks ago. the brain genius taking us to mars uses a computer like a boomer

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

CBD Corndog posted:

This still works, I had to do it on a computer like 2 weeks ago. the brain genius taking us to mars uses a computer like a boomer

No one should have to do that though, I mean christ.

Not to mention some apps are only on the Windows Store, so if the user doesn't know how to repackage a Windows Store app into a self-contained Desktop app, then the Windows Store will nag them to entire an email, make that into a Microsoft account, then try to hijack the offline login. I've had to unfuck user laptops from that before.

What I'm saying is if it's Musk and Nadella then:

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Bad Purchase posted:

welp, looks like game over for jeffrey

Word filters are pure evil, checks out.