Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Longpig Bard posted:

So the nuclear threat ended at the end of 1979?

Yeah that's when we all died and moved on to an imaginary simulation timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That Melania -> Mercedes video thumbnail has her being the most airbrushed a person has ever been, good lord.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Jordan Peterson: Never forget what they took from us!

Pent-up Peterson ponders penises late at night!
The cum farms of China strike again!

Awoooo! Cum farms of China!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Do not come.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Getting your wife’s name wrong has got to make some Rightwingers wonder

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Catastrophe posted:

Can anyone translate this into English?

Young people these days don't live with the abstract threat of nuclear annihilation made real in their schools by make-work drills because thanks to the passage of time and boomers doing absolutely nothing Russia's nuclear arsenal is now beholden to the same profit whims as the US if it hasn't actively rotted away due to dictatorship grift.

Instead they deal with the very present and real danger that their peers may at any time decide to murder them due to the escalation rhetoric of boomers who believe the sole reason for schools existing is to conduct security theatre drills for the state, and worse the young people think they can change this by caring about others in their society.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Honestly? I'd rather Trump just died during his next public appearance, whether it's tonight or tomorrow or later this week. Just have him drop dead live on a TV where everyone can see it.

It's not like the Republican Party will suddenly turn hyper-competent once the old guy croaks. He's the only thing keeping the basket of various deplorables together. His death will trigger an all out, multi-factional schism. Trump's death isn't the end of the Republicans' problems, it's the beginning. :sickos:

People have been predicting the breakup of the Republican party for as long as I've been paying attn to politics, 20 plus years now. Honestly you're setting up yourself to be super disappointed if this is actually something you really are hoping for.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Professor Shark posted:

It's gotta make Melania wonder who the heck this Mercedes might be

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
wonder if Melania and Turmp are only speaking through lawyers at this point

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Professor Shark posted:

thinking of all those conservative marriages that seem real and genuine and not a desperate attempt to pass themselves off as normal human beings

if anything Lyndsey Graham is a brave outlier for sticking to the 'Washingtons Most Eligible Bachelor!' thing for his entire life

Durf fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 26, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Catastrophe posted:

She really doesn't care. Do u?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I think people are reading that backwards. He's moaning about War Biden the Tyrant and how Millennials only worrying about avocado toast has led to our weak soy military and potential nuclear disaster with strong man Putin everyone should surrender to.

Only Donny the Dove can save us by standing up to Russia and heroically tucking tail and licking Putin's boots to a sparkling shine.

Who knows though, translating chudspeak at this point is like interpreting chicken entrails through a cracked kaleidoscope.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shageletic posted:

People have been predicting the breakup of the Republican party for as long as I've been paying attn to politics, 20 plus years now. Honestly you're setting up yourself to be super disappointed if this is actually something you really are hoping for.
The branding is too strong but they can definitely lose hilariously

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol: Pay your bill you bronzed bitch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tick tock Donnie.

Hope NY sends some tough guys when collecting day comes.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Durf posted:

thinking of all those conservative marriages that seem real and genuine and not a desperate attempt to pass themselves off as normal human beings

if anything Lyndsey Graham is a brave outlier for sticking to the 'Washingtons Most Eligible Bachelor!' thing for his entire life

If I had any animated gif skills I'd make that a Street Fighter game. HYA HYA DOUBLE COMBO!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

Mr. Barnesworth posted:

wonder if Melania and Turmp are only speaking through lawyers at this point

Question. Answer.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Currently loling at Serious Journalists pretending that Haley is trying to beat Trump in a contest of who gets the most votes instead of just continuing to receive verbal abuse from from Him in hopes of being the only person left standing before the convention in the event that Trump gets convicted of something or that Melania finally gets that YUCK! moment.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think the last Koch brother just hates him

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Lifespan posted:

:lol: Pay your bill you bronzed bitch

Yeah, or Russia can do what they want with him

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lmao “American’s for no prosperity” he’s still got it! How does he come up with these zingers?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Mercedes thing is fascinating because it's so far outside his usual brain slips. Like calling her Melanie, or Marla, or Marlena I can get, but seriously, how to get Mercedes from there?

TheKub
May 11, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

The Mercedes thing is fascinating because it's so far outside his usual brain slips. Like calling her Melanie, or Marla, or Marlena I can get, but seriously, how to get Mercedes from there?

Maybe she's going to get one out of the prenup and it's eating him up inside.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

Real talk, what else could it be other than some kind of dementia? Forgetting names is a classic sign. Like, try to imagine what it would take to actually forget your own wife's name, that badly? Was he just looking at a Mercedes on his instagram feed and his mind was wandering to it while he was making that speech? Who the gently caress knows.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Maybe Mercedes was her stripper name?

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
But Trump allies said he was likely referring to Mercedes Schlapp, a political commentator and wife of American Conservative Union (CPAC organizer) chair and former White House staffer Matt Schlapp, who he mentioned later in the speech.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Real talk, what else could it be other than some kind of dementia? Forgetting names is a classic sign. Like, try to imagine what it would take to actually forget your own wife's name, that badly? Was he just looking at a Mercedes on his instagram feed and his mind was wandering to it while he was making that speech? Who the gently caress knows.

I'm pretty sure that at least half of his "dementia moments" come from him reading poo poo off a teleprompter and being too vain to wear glasses, so he can't see what he's reading.

He's also a moron, so he's literally reading word-by-word without contextualizing the meaning of the entire sentence.

'Cuz he's dumb as poo poo and an established furniture-humper.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh that makes sense. I could see Trump banging her since her husband... well... y'know.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
main stream media : Don just loves cars sooo much, is this his pivot for the youth vote? How can Biden compete?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

He may have been looking at someone who was in the crowd of the front row, someone named Mercedes?

No, I’m not trying to rationalize or normalize his poo poo. It’s possible!

(I think it’s much more likely that he had the name Mercedes in his head from some other talking point but the idea got soaked and churned around in his oatmeal brains and “Mercedes” leaked out when he was talking about Melanie)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I'm pretty sure that at least half of his "dementia moments" come from him reading poo poo off a teleprompter and being too vain to wear glasses, so he can't see what he's reading.

He's also a moron, so he's literally reading word-by-word without contextualizing the meaning of the entire sentence.

'Cuz he's dumb as poo poo and an established furniture-humper.

But that was clearly an off-teleprompter moment and it's his own drat wife... and yes I know he's a loving stupid idiot but that's just bonkers

Here's why that's bad for Biden.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

lol don't kid yourself

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

nine-gear crow posted:

Psychologist John Gartner claims these brain slips are examples of "phonemic paraphasias". He also claims these are evidence of ongoing, and moderate to severe Alzheimer's.

quote:

"Phonemic paraphasias" —the substitution of non-words for words that sound similar—are not normally seen until a patient enters the moderate to severe stages of Alzheimer’s.

From this article.

So, that's how he gets from "Melania" to "Mercedes": active dementia.

Edit: For those who think the slip ups might be because Trump has difficulty reading, while yes it has been widely reported that his ability to read is quite weak, the psychologist in the above article claims the speech patterns are specifically evidence of dementia and not simple illiteracy.

quote:

Some examples of Trump’s non-words: Beneficiaries becomes “benefishes.” Renovations become “renoversh.” Pivotal became “pivobal." Obama became “obamna.” Missiles became “mishiz.” Christmas became “Crissus.” Bipartisan became “bipars.”

This is a fundamental breakdown in the ability to use language. If you were talking to your father on the phone and he did this you would think he is having a stroke. There is no healthy older person who speaks that way.

Trump also engages in what we call "tangential speech." He just becomes incomprehensible when he engages in free association word salad speech that is all over the place. Again, that's a sign of real brain damage, not being old, not being slow, not losing a step not being, but of severe cognitive deterioration.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 26, 2024

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He definitely met Mercedes Schlapp backstage and was thinking about loving her when he intended to mention his wife.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

Schlapped like a dong

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Professor Shark posted:

This is how the right is responding to the whole ordeal: https://x.com/roxie32819/status/1761581195635171410?s=46

Edit: f;b

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 26, 2024

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Can someone with a better connection to Jesus ask him to update Trump's teleprompter to simply read I poo poo MY DIAPERS over and over

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

QuarkJets posted:

Can someone with a better connection to Jesus ask him to update Trump's teleprompter to simply read I poo poo MY DIAPERS over and over

Sadly he never uses a teleprompter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

"BRAINDEAD" (BIRDBRAIN?)