Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why don't they look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

How long until this guy figures out he's dead?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

All summarily judged at fault for interfering with such blameless, holy creatures

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I hope the trains were okay

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

muscles like this! posted:

Why don't they look?

Because they're stupid, OP.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
For a summer I was a flagger on the railroad while they replaced a bunch of ties and rail. During this time, the arms did not function, so I was effectively the arm. My STOP/SLOW sign was supposed to function as a stand-in for the blinking red lights and arms. During that time, nobody was hurt, but holy poo poo if a driver sees you spin the sign to say STOP because the train is coming, it's like a bull seeing loving red. TELL ME TO STOP WILL YOU PEASANT VRROOOOOOOOOM

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

The General posted:

No idea. Never had car insurance. I assume not, but dumbass there doesn't seem like the brightest bulb regardless of his intents.

Maybe he just wanted to see a car get hosed by a train.

a poster named The General never having car insurance is kinda funny

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

credburn posted:

For a summer I was a flagger on the railroad while they replaced a bunch of ties and rail. During this time, the arms did not function, so I was effectively the arm. My STOP/SLOW sign was supposed to function as a stand-in for the blinking red lights and arms. During that time, nobody was hurt, but holy poo poo if a driver sees you spin the sign to say STOP because the train is coming, it's like a bull seeing loving red. TELL ME TO STOP WILL YOU PEASANT VRROOOOOOOOOM

Going by these gifs, they probably should've given you a gun or some sort of howitzer

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Does anyone have the edit of this one with the alternate street markings

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Why don't they look?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB3eecS9Y78

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqLpNlfruHY

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
How do I get into the cod throwing gig

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Why don't they look?

How do you not hear or feel a train that close?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

:hmmyes:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Large Testicles posted:

a poster named The General never having car insurance is kinda funny

:buddy: was my first thought. https://www.thegeneral.com/

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Karate Bastard posted:

You have to start small.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pixaal posted:

Trains go really fast. They look at how far away the train is and think they've got tons of time because it's so far, but trains are much, much faster than they're prepared for.

Which is why you don't gently caress around on train tracks. Trains go really loving fast and cannot, under any circumstances, stop in time to avoid an unexpected obstacle.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think railway crossings prove that all the "this is not a place of honour" bullshit simply could not work, ever.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

davidspackage posted:

Going by these gifs, they probably should've given you a gun or some sort of howitzer

I have a delightful mental image of them just waltzing down the tracks, blasting the gently caress out of any car that's crossing against the train.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Karate Bastard posted:

It's only for those to whom journalism is their call of duty.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

pixaal posted:

People often underestimate how fast trains move due to how big they are, and when they're traveling in the same direction as the sound they make (i.e. toward you), there is not that much time between when you hear it and when it reaches you. Trains are loud, so people assume they'll be able to hear a train coming, but you don't actually have much time if you're on the tracks.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think railway crossings prove that all the "this is not a place of honour" bullshit simply could not work, ever.

Spooky but true, sorry future generations about the cancer and gruesome radiation injuries

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

madmatt112 posted:

Spooky but true, sorry future generations about the cancer and gruesome radiation injuries

If the future generations' biggest worry is coming across a radioactive waste storage facility, hen we will have done a remarkably good job securing said future generations' future.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

If the future generations' biggest worry is coming across a radioactive waste storage facility, hen we will have done a remarkably good job securing said future generations' future.

lol. Lmao, secondarily. Future generations recovering from The Great Decline are gonna get Great Filtered when they pull a Goiânia Incident (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident) but across the entire civilization without ever knowing what the hell happened.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

We should just somehow rig a screen that laughs at you when they die to radiation or what have you. If you die to the place without honor, its honestly a skill issue.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

The General posted:

How long until this guy figures out he's dead?

Til the other shoe drops.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

madmatt112 posted:

lol. Lmao,

This should be their only warning

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

madmatt112 posted:

lol. Lmao, secondarily. Future generations recovering from The Great Decline are gonna get Great Filtered when they pull a Goiânia Incident (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident) but across the entire civilization without ever knowing what the hell happened.

I never noticed the mention of 50,000 contaminated rolls of toilet paper before, lol.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

devmd01 posted:

I never noticed the mention of 50,000 contaminated rolls of toilet paper before, lol.

How do you think the King got rear end cancer?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

(Funny)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

madmatt112 posted:

How do you think the King got rear end cancer?

the power of prayers?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

thatbastardken posted:

the power of prayers?

That’s what happens when you set yourself up as an anti-pope without even having the decency to call yourself the pope :colbert:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

It's to differentiate it from the similar but importantly different Reporter Get Hit By Fish (Tragic).

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

It's to differentiate it from the similar but importantly different Reporter Get Hit By Fish (Tragic).

Still not as bad as Reporter Get Hit By Fish (MATURE CONTENT)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
“A woman who tried to claim €760,383 (£649,967) for injuries she suffered in a car crash lost her case after she was pictured winning a Christmas tree-throwing contest.” drat all those cameras!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-photographed-throwing-tree-claiming-144338896.html

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Takes No Damage posted:

Still not as bad as Reporter Get Hit By Fish (MATURE CONTENT)

This is actually a very unique issue that almost only occurs in America.

That is: fatal baseball injuries to children due to getting hitting the chest with a ball and it stops the heart.

:smith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ugh, it wasn't quite that bad, but one of my usually repressed memories was of a kid taking a line drive to the face like that in Little League. As far as I know, it was "just" a broken jaw, but it was very rough.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dialhforhero posted:

This is actually a very unique issue that almost only occurs in America.

That is: fatal baseball injuries to children due to getting hitting the chest with a ball and it stops the heart.

:smith:

Is there any reason beyond way more American kids play baseball than in any other country?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Is there any reason beyond way more American kids play baseball than in any other country?

That, pretty much. In cricket you’re not actually standing in the path of the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I wonder if there’s also some “walk it off, we don’t want to pay for an ambulance” involved