Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Context: The NYT got mutliple raving genocidal zionists to write about Palestinians.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1761249450998022442

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Printing outright fabrications as fact is nothing new for the NYT, but it's especially egregious when it serves to fuel a genocide. I would hope there will be actually consequences for this, but it's the US, so there won't be.

Lots of news about hostage negotiations today, but I've learned it's best to treat anything as trash unless it comes directly out of the mouths of Hamas leaders or netanyahu. On that front, it's the same immoveable stalemate. Seems like everyone is just waiting for the rafah invasion.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Jaxyon posted:

Context: The NYT got mutliple raving genocidal zionists to write about Palestinians.

As an American, I love that they used the extraordinarily evil acts of us dropping nukes on civilians as justification for genocide.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

I can't seem to find the article this guy wrote anywhere.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

socialsecurity posted:

was this an emergency scrubbing, did they scrap it faster than the tom cotton op ed or what's up with it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She is a woman.
https://www.nytimes.com/by/anat-schwartz

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Oh I missed the part where she was liking the other guys posts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
In West Bank news:

https://apnews.com/article/israel-settlements-illegitimate-palestine-biden-rescind-law-0bed7cf5d6f98012193e9f5075eb719a

quote:

The Biden administration on Friday restored a U.S. legal finding dating back nearly 50 years that Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories are “illegitimate” under international law.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the U.S. believes settlements are inconsistent with Israel’s obligations, reversing a determination made by his predecessor, Mike Pompeo, in the Biden administration’s latest shift away from the pro-Israel policies pursued by former President Donald Trump.

Blinken’s comments came in response to a reporter’s question about an announcement that Israel would build more than 3,300 new homes in West Bank settlements as a riposte to a fatal Palestinian shooting attack.

It wasn’t clear why Blinken chose this moment, more than three years into his tenure, to reverse Pompeo’s decision. But it came at a time of growing U.S.-Israeli tensions over the war in Gaza, with the latest settlement announcement only adding to the strain. It also came as the United Nations’ highest court, the International Court of Justice, is holding hearings into the legality of the Israeli occupation.

(The Israeli ambassador and) the US House Speaker are not happy:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-house-speaker-slams-biden-administration-for-restoring-policy-against-israeli-settlements/

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Printing outright fabrications as fact is nothing new for the NYT, but it's especially egregious when it serves to fuel a genocide. I would hope there will be actually consequences for this, but it's the US, so there won't be.

Lots of news about hostage negotiations today, but I've learned it's best to treat anything as trash unless it comes directly out of the mouths of Hamas leaders or netanyahu. On that front, it's the same immoveable stalemate. Seems like everyone is just waiting for the rafah invasion.

Netanyahu has apparently been saying "yeah fine I'm glad negotiations are moving forward, anyway this week I'll be planning the invasion of Rafah with my top commanders"

Israeli media, anonymous sources, etc, so grain of salt on both the details and the fairly disgusting framing, but

"Times of Israel posted:

Multiple reports indicated the outline includes the release in the first phase of some 40 hostages held in Gaza, including women, children, female soldiers and elderly and ill abductees, amid a pause in fighting of some six weeks.

It also includes the release by Israel of hundreds of Palestinian terror convicts, and a “redeployment” of Israeli troops within Gaza — but not a complete withdrawal as Hamas had previously demanded. The outline would also reportedly see Israel enable the return of Palestinian women and children to northern Gaza, from where hundreds of thousands evacuated during the fighting, and which Israel has kept cut off from the rest of the enclave.

Channel 12 reported that there are still some points of contention, including Israel’s opposition to significant rehabilitation and reconstruction of Gaza before it is demilitarized, as well as ongoing differences on the number of Palestinian prisoners who would be released in exchange for the hostages.

But, the network noted that there appears to have been “some kind of shift” by Hamas on its demand for an end to war — which the terror group has hitherto insisted must be a condition for further hostage releases. Israel has outrightly refused the demand, vowing to destroy the terror group following the October 7 attack.

A senior government official told Channel 12 that the outline as it appears to stand would likely be approved by the full cabinet.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

Reminds me of when I was young and I listened to radioman Scott Wilder declare that we should close the borders of Iraq, pull everyone out of the country, and then nuke every city, and send in roving death squads to shoot everything that moves. This was in response to the mercs being killed in Al-Fallujah.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

socialsecurity posted:

It was the discredited article with zero evidence, that interviewed an Israeli special forces who was off duty at Nova Music festival. He was interviewed immediately after the attack and made no mention of rapes, but had come up with many lurid, explicit details when interviewed by this Zionist Supremacist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/28/world/middleeast/oct-7-attacks-hamas-israel-sexual-violence.html

quote:

She said the men congregated along the road and passed between them assault rifles, grenades, small missiles — and badly wounded women.

“It was like an assembly point,” she said.

The first victim she said she saw was a young woman with copper-color hair, blood running down her back, pants pushed down to her knees. One man pulled her by the hair and made her bend over. Another penetrated her, Sapir said, and every time she flinched, he plunged a knife into her back.

She said she then watched another woman “shredded into pieces.” While one terrorist raped her, she said, another pulled out a box cutter and sliced off her breast.

“One continues to rape her, and the other throws her breast to someone else, and they play with it, throw it, and it falls on the road,” Sapir said.

She said the men sliced her face and then the woman fell out of view. Around the same time, she said, she saw three other women raped and terrorists carrying the severed heads of three more women.

“They all gather around her,” Mr. Cohen said. “She’s standing up. They start raping her. I saw the men standing in a half circle around her. One penetrates her. She screams. I still remember her voice, screams without words.”

“Then one of them raises a knife,” he said, “and they just slaughtered her.”

It was a very famous article printed last year. It basically kicked off all those Zionist protests where women were wearing white clothes with fake blood to appear sexually assaulted.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Occupation forces have investigated themselves, and don't think they killed that 6-year old girl and her family

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-initial-probe/

I guess the Israeli tank her sister was telling the Red Crescent dispatcher about must have been driving itself.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It was simply a particularly fat Hamas member. An oft made mistake.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
It's a Hamas false flag and it's antisemitic to suggest Israeli forces killed civilians. Just like there was no friendly fire on Oct 7th.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
So an air force guy self-immolated outside the Israeli embassy in DC.

https://twitter.com/taliaotg/status/1761839190487278038

I do not believe he has died, but I could be wrong. I will remove the tweet if it crosses the line of this thread, but I do not see it as more graphic than the photo of Thich Quang Duc.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 27, 2024

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Jaxyon posted:

Reminder that there are still not named victums for any of the mass organized rape allegations from October 7th.

Every single mass rape allegation is second or third hand from some person or organization who definately saw it happen but doesn't actually have any evidence or even identify specific victims.

This is important because Israel is still using these allegations to justify the Genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and settler reprisals in the West Bank.

National Parks fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 25, 2024

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

National Parks posted:

Reminder that there are still not named victums for any of the mass organized rape allegations from October 7th.

Every single mass rape allegation is second or third hand from some person or organization who definately saw it happen but doesn't actually have any evidence or even identify specific victims.

This is important because Israel is still using these allegations to justify the Genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and settler reprisals in the West Bank.

There absolutely were first hand witnesses who were interviewed. For example: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/28/world/middleeast/oct-7-attacks-hamas-israel-sexual-violence.html

quote:

Relying on video footage, photographs, GPS data from mobile phones and interviews with more than 150 people, including witnesses, medical personnel, soldiers and rape counselors, The Times identified at least seven locations where Israeli women and girls appear to have been sexually assaulted or mutilated.

Four witnesses described in graphic detail seeing women raped and killed at two different places along Route 232, the same highway where Ms. Abdush’s half-naked body was found sprawled on the road at a third location

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

In the context of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, arrests and imprisonment of Palestinian men in their early adulthood are common practice. The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel (PCATI) collected thousands of testimonies of Palestinian men allegedly tortured or ill-treated by Israeli authorities. There are many types of torture, sexual torture being one of them. This study is based on the PCATI database during 2005-2012, which contains 60 cases-- 4% of all files in this period--with testimonies of alleged sexual torture or ill-treatment. It is a first in the investigation of torture and ill-treatment of a sexual nature, allegedly carried out by Israeli security authorities on Palestinian men. Findings show that sexual ill-treatment is systemic, with 36 reports of verbal sexual harassment, either directed toward Palestinian men and boys or toward family members, and 35 reports of forced nudity. Moreover, there are six testimonies of Israeli officials involved in physical sexual assault of arrested or imprisoned Palestinian men. Physical assault in most cases concerned pressing and/or kicking the genitals, while one testimony pertained to simulated rape, and another described an actual rape by means of a blunt object.

This predates the current bout of the conflict. It's obnoxious that this is repeatedly framed as a Hamas tactic or some poo poo. It's a consequence of war and oppression.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Kalit posted:

There absolutely were first hand witnesses who were interviewed. For example: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/28/world/middleeast/oct-7-attacks-hamas-israel-sexual-violence.html

This was one of their witnesses.

quote:

That same morning, along Route 232 but in a different location about a mile southwest of the party area, Raz Cohen — a young Israeli who had also attended the rave and had worked recently in the Democratic Republic of Congo training Congolese soldiers — said that he was hiding in a dried-up streambed. It provided some cover from the assailants combing the area and shooting anyone they found, he said in an hour-and-a-half interview in a Tel Aviv restaurant.
A head-and-shoulders photo of a man with a beard, wearing a black T-shirt, looking up to his left.
Raz Cohen, a security consultant, survived the Oct. 7 attacks by hiding in a dried-up streambed.
A head-and-shoulders photo of a man with a beard, wearing a black T-shirt, looking up to his left.

Maybe 40 yards in front of him, he recalled, a white van pulled up and its doors flew open.

He said he then saw five men, wearing civilian clothes, all carrying knives and one carrying a hammer, dragging a woman across the ground. She was young, naked and screaming.

“They all gather around her,” Mr. Cohen said. “She’s standing up. They start raping her. I saw the men standing in a half circle around her. One penetrates her. She screams. I still remember her voice, screams without words.”

“Then one of them raises a knife,” he said, “and they just slaughtered her.”

A soldier and 'security consultant' who was recently training forces in DRC. A country which recently switched to very pro Israel. The previous president having hired mossad to spy on his political opponents, and the current president who recently attended an AIPAC conference, resumed diplomatic relations with Isreal, and backed Trump's Israel-Palestine Peace Plan.

Sounds like a spook and I wouldn't consider him a reliable first hand witness.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Kalit posted:

I would not put much stock in that article.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1761423659682476406

https://mondoweiss.net/2024/02/extraordinary-charges-of-bias-emerge-against-nytimes-reporter-anat-schwartz/

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

National Parks posted:

This is not true at all - there is a lot of evidence from different sources regarding Hamas' use of sexual violence during its incursion. For example, this Guardian investigation was able to verify 6 cases by cross-referencing:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/18/evidence-points-to-systematic-use-of-rape-by-hamas-in-7-october-attacks

quote:

By cross-referencing testimonies given to police, published interviews with witnesses, and photo and video footage taken by survivors and first responders, the Guardian is aware of at least six sexual assaults for which multiple corroborating pieces of evidence exist. Two of those victims, who were murdered, were aged under 18.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Those first responders were most likely from ZAKA.

quote:

In the aftermath of the 2023 Hamas attack on Israel, ZAKA volunteers were said by Israeli newspaper Haaretz to have given several incorrect reports of atrocities allegedly committed by Hamas against children and babies that were widely circulated in the media.[31][32] A ZAKA leader acknowledged mistakes were made: "When we find bodies that are burned or in a state of decomposition, we can easily be mistaken and think the body is a child's ... Our volunteers were confronted with traumatic scenes and sometimes misinterpreted what they saw."[32]

A subsequent Haaretz report stated that in order to get media exposure, ZAKA spread accounts of atrocities that never happened and released sensitive and graphic photos in an effort to shock people into donating.[33][34] Haaretz also said that while hundreds of ZAKA volunteers did important work under challenging conditions, the organization acted unprofessionally on the ground, often mixing up the remains of multiple victims in the same bag and creating little or no documentation.[33][34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZAKA#Controversies

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Chemtrailologist posted:

Those first responders were most likely from ZAKA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZAKA#Controversies

You brushed past the "published interviews with witnesses" part

Kalit fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 26, 2024

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Kalit posted:

You brushed pass the "published interviews with witnesses" part

I didn't address this because the article didn't make it very clear whether the interviews with eyewitnesses were directly from the Guardian journalists or came from Israeli police/IDF sources. If it's the latter, I think there's good reason to question their authenticity.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Chemtrailologist posted:

I didn't address this because the article didn't make it very clear whether the interviews with eyewitnesses were directly from the Guardian journalists or came from Israeli police/IDF sources. If it's the latter, I think there's good reason to question their authenticity.

Maybe you should actually read the article before making stupid assumptions such as "what if the interview came from the IDF?!?!"

Spoilering because :nms:

quote:

One raped woman was “shredded to pieces” and another “stabbed repeatedly in the back while she was being raped”, the same witness said in an interview with the New York Times. The witness has provided police with photographs of her hiding place, and another survivor hiding in the same spot has testified that he saw at least one woman being raped.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I did read the article. It was unclear. In the spoiler you posted it uses the word "testified", meaning the info came from some government source.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Chemtrailologist posted:

I did read the article. It was unclear. In the spoiler you posted it uses the word "testified", meaning the info came from some government source.

It says the witness said it to the New York Times in an interview.

It also says that the person who testified to seeing sexual assaults was a different witness hiding in the same location.

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 26, 2024

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
That Guardian article is a mess, and mostly doesn't do its own work, but instead appears to be often repeating claims provided by sources with an obvious agenda, including the problematic NYT article we just talked about.

I'm not going to go over everything in the article, but here are some examples:

quote:

Zaka, Israel’s emergency response organisation
Zaka's deficiencies as a source were just covered. They account for a substantial portion of the claims in the article.

quote:

At the Shura military base in central Israel, where most of the dead were taken, the reservist Shari Mendes
Sourcing the IDF.

quote:

The New York Times and NBC have both identified more than 30 killed women and girls whose bodies bear signs of abuse

The NYT article posted:

And The Times interviewed several soldiers and volunteer medics who together described finding more than 30 bodies of women and girls in and around the rave site

The NYT article isn't trustworthy, as we covered a few posts up. I think it's very likely the Guardian is just repeating claims from that article here, given the similarities ("more than 30").

The witness account of the woman hiding in a bush is also taken from there. The NYT interviewed this woman as part of their article. The Guardian didn't interview her ("she told police in a video reviewed by the Guardian"), so they are relying on a police interview video and the NYT coverage.

The article then goes on to uncritically repeat some more poo poo they got from sources with an obvious agenda:

quote:

The US state department has said that the week-long truce between Israel and Hamas in November broke down because the militants refused to release the remaining women in its custody, over fears they would speak publicly about sexual violence.

quote:

Israeli intelligence officials, experts and sources with direct knowledge of interrogation reports of captured Hamas fighters believe units that attacked were beforehand given a text that drew on a controversial and contested interpretation of traditional Islamic military jurisprudence, claiming that captives were “the spoils of war”.

quote:

In at least two unsourced videos of interrogations of alleged Hamas members, which Israeli officials say they did not authorise for release, the men are heard talking about instructions given to rape women.

I think sourcing the State Department and Israeli intelligence without challenging their claims at all speaks for itself.

Note that I'm not making the claim that there was no sexual violence. There may well have been. But this coverage is incredibly credulous, especially in light of the fact that we know Israel has fabricated atrocity propaganda in the recent past (the beheaded babies).

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Kalit posted:

It's really funny that you immediately posted the widely discredited New York Times article by Anat Scwartz, who was being referenced in the post I was responding to as a genocidal zionist.

https://institute.aljazeera.net/en/ajr/article/2489

quote:

The New York Times allocated a substantial part of its investigation to recounting Gal's story. She and her husband were killed on October 7th, and the report, relying on an isolated video, alleges that she was a victim of violent sexual assault. The video, supposedly widely circulated on social media and “went viral” as per the report, depicts Gal's lifeless body in a black dress. Contrary to the newspaper's assertion of broad dissemination, the video is currently unavailable on the internet. Typically, videos achieving viral status are challenging to entirely remove from online platforms. Furthermore, the New York Times' claim that Gal's image in a black dress became an "icon" in the Israeli press for solidarity with female "victims" is contested by a well-written report on Mondoweiss. Prior to the New York Times investigation, there was no such characterization of Gal, whose story constituted roughly a third of the New York Times investigation based on a poorly cropped still image from the video. This image is insufficient to conclude rape and lacks any police or forensic evidence to support such an assumption.

This story was so divisive inside the NYT that they had to pull and rewrite a podcast based on it:

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/28/new-york-times-daily-podcast-camera/

These allegations of mass systematic rapes are being used to justify an ongoing genocide with full participation from the US and western media.

The official position from Israeli authorities is that they cant find any rape survivors because they are all dead and buried, literally every single one.

Meanwhile the UN is investigating claims of widespread rape and killings of Palestinian women and girls, which I find credible considering the IDF cant stop filming themselves digging through Palestinian womens underwear drawers and posting it on TikTok.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/20/middleeast/israel-hamas-un-investigation-sexual-abuse-intl/index.html

quote:

The allegations include extrajudicial killing, arbitrary detention, degrading treatment, rape and sexual violence, according to a statement by the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights released on Monday. It did not detail how they did their fact-finding, but they referred to photos of female detainees in degrading circumstances reportedly taken by Israeli troops and uploaded online.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Irony Be My Shield posted:

This is not true at all - there is a lot of evidence from different sources regarding Hamas' use of sexual violence during its incursion. For example, this Guardian investigation was able to verify 6 cases by cross-referencing:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/18/evidence-points-to-systematic-use-of-rape-by-hamas-in-7-october-attacks

That references the discredited NYT article which prompted the current discussion.

Two of you have now brought up the discredited NYT article to prove the allegations of rape which were brought up because of the article being discredited.

Kalit posted:

Maybe you should actually read the article before making stupid assumptions such as "what if the interview came from the IDF?!?!"

Spoilering because :nms:

That's the testimony from the same discredited NYT article. It literally says in your spoilers text "the same witness said in an interview with the New York Times."

Can we have a bit more media literacy in this thread that people don't post the same source through third parties as collaboration to the first discredited source.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
It shows you the effectiveness of Respectable Liberal Media, where you can quote anonymous intelligence or discredited sources, and then other media outlets will quote your story, and on and on down the chain until it becomes common knowledge that's been extensively researched, even though it all comes back to the same single source. This happened a lot with coverage of Xinjiang, a massive amount of outlets and articles, but it all just came back to Adrien Zenz.

The NYT can lie over and over again but their respectability or trustworthiness will never be called into question, whereas other more fringe outlets that go against the official narrative will be dismissed out of hand.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Nucleic Acids posted:

So an air force guy self-immolated outside the Israeli embassy in DC.

https://twitter.com/taliaotg/status/1761839190487278038

I do not believe he has died, but I could be wrong. I will remove the tweet if it crosses the line of this thread, but I do not see it as more graphic than the photo of Thich Quang Duc.

Reporting is naming him as Aaron Bushnell, and the Air Force has confused he was active duty. Some reporting is saying he has since died of his injuries, though that doesn't yet seem to be fully confirmed.

I have to say though, that someone serving in the US military self-immolating in the name of a free Palestine is not a thing I ever thought I'd see.

God willing his sacrifice will make a difference, but regardless I'll salute his courage and principles.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

the one time in my life yall can crack a "thank u for your service" out my lips for anyone

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Do you have any credible sources (not reprints of NYT bullshit) or it's just more "I'm totally not defending Israel here, BUT..." crap?

NYT carefully avoids mentioning what was the reason for self immolation for entire first part of article, also heavily implying it was a terrorist attack

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Thanks for the corrections, I didn't realize that the "witness" was one who only saw the aftermath.

Here's an actual eyewitness interview with ynet :nms: https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/syqybcgkp

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Szarrukin posted:

Do you have any credible sources (not reprints of NYT bullshit) or it's just more "I'm totally not defending Israel here, BUT..." crap?

NYT carefully avoids mentioning what was the reason for self immolation for entire first part of article, also heavily implying it was a terrorist attack

The bold new direction of the New York Times, implying that US troops can do terrorism after all!

Dark humour aside, very sad to hear about the death of Aaron Bushnell. I hope it's not for naught.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Kalit posted:

Thanks for the corrections, I didn't realize that the "witness" was one who only saw the aftermath.

Here's an actual eyewitness interview with ynet :nms: https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/syqybcgkp
Again, that’s Raz Cohen, the IDF special forces vet who trained Congolese forces. You keep repeating different articles citing the same garbage sources.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

cat botherer posted:

Again, that’s Raz Cohen, the IDF special forces vet who trained Congolese forces. You keep repeating different articles citing the same garbage sources.

Is he currently IDF?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lol speaking of
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1761914188505436637

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Kalit posted:

Is he currently IDF?
Give me a break. He’s got connections. When you’re at that kind of level in the defense/intel community, there’s no such thing as retiring. He’s a spook who has a long history with the IDF and does shady poo poo in Africa. He’s not a reliable source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

cat botherer posted:

Give me a break. He’s got connections. When you’re at that kind of level in the defense/intel community, there’s no such thing as retiring. He’s a spook who has a long history with the IDF and does shady poo poo in Africa. He’s not a reliable source.

The original claim was:

National Parks posted:

Not "no first hand witnesses that consists of someone who I deem trustworthy". Stop moving the goalposts.