Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What do I have to do to win a defend campaign against the robots for the weekly mission? Somehow I got to 5/8 but I’ve completed a bunch of defend operations against them today (as in, finishing both missions) and have made no progress. Is a campaign different than an operation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It's not really up to you specifically. you can participate in defense campaigns but that goal is something all the helldivers have to accomplish.

To be clear you help by completing defense campaigns on planets under attack (these are similar but not the same as liberation campaigns) and ensuring blue bar fills before red bar.

Edit: or so i understand it. I could be wrong.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bold Robot posted:

What do I have to do to win a defend campaign against the robots for the weekly mission? Somehow I got to 5/8 but I’ve completed a bunch of defend operations against them today (as in, finishing both missions) and have made no progress. Is a campaign different than an operation?

it's eight planetary defense campaigns i.e. the entire playerbase needs to hold the line on /liberate three more planets tagged with the defense campaign

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Bold Robot posted:

Everyone is 5/8, we all have to defend the specific planets.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

when you finish an operation (a sequence of missions) and it shows your contribution of 0.0003% to the overall planetary campaign? gotta fill that bar entirely

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Charger legs are surprisingly vulnerable to small arms fire after their charge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWiUwksefQ

Man this is weird as hell lol. I almost don't want to learn how to do it because it feels like it's gonna be patched out immediately

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I still really love bringing a machine gun and EATs to every mission (because the eats can be fired and dropped so I can pock back up the machine gun). The machine gun is still just my favorite weapon in the game by a big margin. Just so fun to shoot at max rpm.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

johnny park posted:

Man this is weird as hell lol. I almost don't want to learn how to do it because it feels like it's gonna be patched out immediately
Yeah I can't believe that's intentional.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

JBP posted:

The arc bypasses all armour or something. You can hurt everything but yeah it takes some time.

If I'm taking robots seriously I don't deploy without 110s and an AC. The AC is amazing at blowing up weak spots and shooting out eye slots for fast kills.

Are the 110s worthwhile? They are suppose to auto target the largest target in the area, right? They always seem to feel very lackluster.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Warbadger posted:

For the secondary there is only one option. The Redeemer is flat out better than the other options.

Yeah, it's kind of poo-poo that we don't have any other good secondaries in the game right now. Redeemer is practically a primary in everything except clip size and reserve capacity, the others don't even come close. Really disappointed that the Senator is quite rear end - the reload is inexcusably slow, it could stand to use quickloaders instead of the individual round system. It would be cool, actually, if they buffed it by making emptying the clip a faster reload via a quickloader, but have semi-depleted clips still use the individual round system.

Warbadger posted:

For stratagems the railgun is the meta for good reason - it can damage *anything* well, it reloads fast, is super accurate, has lots of ammo, and it doesn't take up a backpack slot. You can blow off armor on a charger's leg in 2 quick (safe mode) shots. You can kill a bigass bot turret in a few unsafe charged shots from a very safe distance. You can kill a tank in a couple shots. You can kill hulks in a single shot through the eyeslit or stagger them with *any* hit to slow them down. The high ammo count means you can even use it as a sniper rifle against normal bots. You can even run away and kite stuff while you reload! It does everything well, even if it's not the 100% best at everything. The Recoiless Rifle and Autocannon have style - but they don't do anything much better than the railgun, they each have stuff they simply cannot deal with, reloading hurts your mobility, and you'd have to sacrifice a backpack slot which is entirely unacceptable because...

Agree, it kind of does everything pretty well. I do think there's arguments for other Support weapons via bugs, but the Railgun is a must-take against bots - it's just that good against them. Its ammo capacity isn't that great compared to Autocannons and even the AMR, but the AMR needs to hit the eye twice to take out a Hulk and a near-miss will just bounce right off it (whereas with the Railgun, it will still penetrate through and damage). The Railgun's ability to one-shot Devastators and penetrate through shields can't be undersold, either. I find that Devastators are probably the biggest source of Diver deaths in a bot mission (aside from your teammates deciding to constantly reinforce you in the middle of a firefight with like, four goddamn Hulks and nowhere near the equipment you need to handle them), so the fact that the Railgun makes the fastest work of them is nothing to sneeze at.

Warbadger posted:

The shield backpack is the other meta required slot - it significantly increases your durability with zero downsides.

I think it's kind of too good right now. It probably needs to have a limited number of recharges before it burns out in order to balance it, or a longer time between when it gets knocked out and refreshes. It's now like the high-level (pre-nerf?) Laser Guard Dog in that it's something that generates consistent value for you with zero drawbacks. Heck, even the Guard Dog had drawbacks in terms of friendly fire and TKs, now that I think about it...

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 26, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Penitent posted:

Are the 110s worthwhile? They are suppose to auto target the largest target in the area, right? They always seem to feel very lackluster.

They knock out tanks every time. You want to get the beacon close then they do the rest. Against chargers and titans they're less reliable. I still like them against bugs because hey are very good at killing titans, but less so at fast chargers. They're nowhere near a necessity for bugs. V bots tho they're auto-take for my set-up.

The real value is that I can be running and chuck the beacon and keep fighting the smaller stuff with my AC. There's basically no concern that it will fail and I get three of them, so that's three tanks vanished for no effort. I also don't burn them on anything other than tanks unless I am under extreme Hulk duress, and even then if it's not between me and an objective I'll just run off. Most teams are heavy on railguns/ac so they've got walkers covered off usually. Making it your mission to bombing run factories and 110 tanks is really fun and always feels like your contributing a lot.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sindai posted:

Yeah I can't believe that's intentional.

To blow off the leg armor and then kill them is not that easy in the big battle if they make chargers any harder than that the higher difficulty levels will be unbearable

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Re the shield gen - if a stratagem isn't killing things it's dead to me.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

flashman posted:

To blow off the leg armor and then kill them is not that easy in the big battle if they make chargers any harder than that the higher difficulty levels will be unbearable

This isn't blowing off the armor but being able to shoot them while they still have armor on I'm pretty sure? A single grenade isn't enough to make it vulnerable to small arms fire compared to an AC/railgun

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

One thing I really want is for resupply calldowns to have map icons, some rando calls down a resupply in the middle of nowhere and something runs through it and sends the packs scattered on the ground, good luck finding any.

While we are wishlisting UI stuff, I wish I could open my map so I could put a pin on my dropped stuff while dead, or at least access the map while dropping. Knowing what direction it is in while you are falling is not the same as "Know which shrub it is hidden inside of after you have to do three dive rolls and a ragdoll on respawn."

Nobody is impressed when I take two seconds to open the map and put down a pin under fire anyways, so might as well let me keep access the map... Though I might be having a much rougher time if I was not using a mouse, in hindsight.

GlyphGryph posted:

I still really love bringing a machine gun and EATs to every mission (because the eats can be fired and dropped so I can pock back up the machine gun). The machine gun is still just my favorite weapon in the game by a big margin. Just so fun to shoot at max rpm.
I loving love EAT rockets, my first titan seen and then killed was thanks to EAT... But I have hardly used the disposable rockets ever since randomizers have started showing up. Which added yet more understanding to "Why so many railguns?" while having to attempt ten to twelve times to dial in a stratagem allowed to hurt tanks or hulks when I am very unlucky, instead of four or five times.

Throw in cooldown increased debuffs also ruining another appeal of the EAT, and yeah... I do not find the stratagem debuffs very engaging or interesting no matter how wild 4 minute extractions can get. I would not be surprised if gamers literally mad at videogames that people are bringing railguns 24/7, are people who also think the randomizer is "A deep tactical challenge that makes me smarter than call of duty players."

Meanwhile, I am brainlessly mashing Right x3 Airburst until I jackpot on orbital rail :effort: (Airburst is also REAL loving GOOD against any robot smaller than a tank. Every walker in the whole zipcode is hosed)

At least with Bots I can bring the AMR and not feel guilty. Where my top temptation for a railgun in robo land is "AMR needs multiple shots for walkers and every autocannon player seems to be ignoring them because... uh... a form of protest against forcefield pack havers? (Which I'm not even using)". Once bugs are the plot threat again I will not be surprised if I finally end up on team perma railgun myself.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also I wish the Guard Dogs did less friendly fire, particularly the lasers because I'm constantly being shot in the rear end by them compared to the assault rifle versions.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ChaseSP posted:

Also I wish the Guard Dogs did less friendly fire, particularly the lasers because I'm constantly being shot in the rear end by them compared to the assault rifle versions.

I didn't really realize it when I was running solo missions due to server poo poo at launch but man those drones love to strafe the poo poo out of you. If you get between a bug and its user you just turn red and die.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Half the advantage of the shield backpack is that it lets you survive your teammates

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

bird food bathtub posted:

I wouldn't even be opposed to chargers not being toned down with outright nerfs to numbers spawned or hitpoints or anything. They need something in their gameplay elements reworked to open up other options to deal with them and remove the pigeon-holing of gear layouts where you absolutely need one of the few types of armor crackers or there's no point and you're an obvious detriment to the team.

I feel if I can play bull-fighter and lure them in to a charge that hits a hill side then get behind them with an unrestricted view of their rear end while they stagger about I should be rewarded with them at the least being to the point of having their rear end blasted in to bleed-out territory with any kind of half decent weapon that isn't a pistol.

Keeping bile titans up to that level of "crack my armor or gtfo" is pretty OK as there's not three of them hiding behind every blade of grass and they kinda should be a big baddie that takes some big toys. One or two on a team taking the armor cracker roll and coordinated spotting would be enough and engaging game play, a point chargers are not at.

… have I got some news for you :v: they are extremely common as you go higher up (8 / 9), to the point you have 3-5 spawn per engagement

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 26, 2024

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Section Z posted:

While we are wishlisting UI stuff, I wish I could open my map so I could put a pin on my dropped stuff while dead, or at least access the map while dropping. Knowing what direction it is in while you are falling is not the same as "Know which shrub it is hidden inside of after you have to do three dive rolls and a ragdoll on respawn."

Nobody is impressed when I take two seconds to open the map and put down a pin under fire anyways, so might as well let me keep access the map... Though I might be having a much rougher time if I was not using a mouse, in hindsight.

I loving love EAT rockets, my first titan seen and then killed was thanks to EAT... But I have hardly used the disposable rockets ever since randomizers have started showing up. Which added yet more understanding to "Why so many railguns?" while having to attempt ten to twelve times to dial in a stratagem allowed to hurt tanks or hulks when I am very unlucky, instead of four or five times.

Throw in cooldown increased debuffs also ruining another appeal of the EAT, and yeah... I do not find the stratagem debuffs very engaging or interesting no matter how wild 4 minute extractions can get. I would not be surprised if gamers literally mad at videogames that people are bringing railguns 24/7, are people who also think the randomizer is "A deep tactical challenge that makes me smarter than call of duty players."

Meanwhile, I am brainlessly mashing Right x3 Airburst until I jackpot on orbital rail :effort: (Airburst is also REAL loving GOOD against any robot smaller than a tank. Every walker in the whole zipcode is hosed)

At least with Bots I can bring the AMR and not feel guilty. Where my top temptation for a railgun in robo land is "AMR needs multiple shots for walkers and every autocannon player seems to be ignoring them because... uh... a form of protest against forcefield pack havers? (Which I'm not even using)". Once bugs are the plot threat again I will not be surprised if I finally end up on team perma railgun myself.
For all those reasons and more, railgun's just a permanent fixture of my loadout.
I did a 7 on a map that was like this, and we got dogpiled by 6 chargers within 2 minutes of dropping in. The problem was we brought a smattering of different anti-armor options (EAT, Railgun, Spear, and AC) and just got absolutely rolled because there was no time to set up with any of the options other than the Railgun. Similarly, after all that poo poo was calmed down, the Railgun was the only weapon that had any ammo left.

You can't get a good enough LOS to kill chargers with any launcher without killing yourself, and there's significant draw time, and the projectile occasionally won't crack the leg. Railgun kills with no muss, no fuss. You can't really score a "glancing blow" with it.

On the extended cooldown maps a railgun + supply pack is an investment that will last beyond the 10 minute cooldown timer.

Even if they tone down the railgun it'll still be miles better than the other options due to the ammo efficiency, mobility and flexibility. If they do crater the railgun completely, I don't know how you get through pitch-black maps with chargers lurching out of the fog. I don't know how you deal with more than 2 chargers at a time other than "just run away and hope they get confused".

tl;dr i think the balance of the game is hosed with the railgun as it is, making the spawn-ins on higher difficulties truly insane. 6 chargers at a time is something I'd expect out of a 9, not a 7. I've seen packs of chargers on 4s, too, more than you can reliably kill with anything that isn't a Railgun.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LuiCypher posted:

I think it's kind of too good right now. It probably needs to have a limited number of recharges before it burns out in order to balance it, or a longer time between when it gets knocked out and refreshes. It's now like the high-level (pre-nerf?) Laser Guard Dog in that it's something that generates consistent value for you with zero drawbacks. Heck, even the Guard Dog had drawbacks in terms of friendly fire and TKs, now that I think about it...
It's not even actually about the amount of extra HP it gives you or the sustain from recharging, though those things are obviously good.

The actual reason the shield backpack is so incredibly strong is that it completely prevents most hit reactions. You don't get slowed by bug melee attacks when you have a shield up, you don't normally get ragdolled unless it's a charger running into you or like, a nearby tank shot. And being able to keep running when you take a stray hit is really, really good. It enables so much more aggressive play and means you can kite bugs around in FUBAR survival situations like the extract being overrun, usually to the point of surviving all the way until the pelican shows up even when there's bugs everywhere.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ChaseSP posted:

This is just means that you aren't properly treating your squadmates as ablative armor like you should.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

If you load into a 7+ bug planet and see you have less than 2 railguns on your team you might as well just leave. Robot planets don't have the same problem.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

LazyMaybe posted:

It's not even actually about the amount of extra HP it gives you or the sustain from recharging, though those things are obviously good.

The actual reason the shield backpack is so incredibly strong is that it completely prevents most hit reactions. You don't get slowed by bug melee attacks when you have a shield up, you don't normally get ragdolled unless it's a charger running into you or like, a nearby tank shot. And being able to keep running when you take a stray hit is really, really good. It enables so much more aggressive play and means you can kite bugs around in FUBAR survival situations like the extract being overrun, usually to the point of surviving all the way until the pelican shows up even when there's bugs everywhere.

Entirely correct. The big advantage is it prevents slow status, which is the huge advantage against bugs. Slowed = death

I had to run through 2 bile titans and kill 3 of them to reach the evac on 8 and without the shield, light armour, stamina booster I’d have died to the first hunter that touched me. So because I wasn’t instantly slowed, I could get one titan to puke on another, and railgun 2 others in the face making space to make the evac with some super rares I looted from a bunch of chargers I had no intention of fighting

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I unlocked the railgun earlier today and tried it out for the first time since my first mission and it is tragic that that is the best gun in the game. If there's going to be one overpowered weapon you'd at least hope that it'd be the autocanon or something

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Chargers being immune to small arms fire (except for a "weak point" with 90% damage resistance), stratagems being very mid against them because of how tanky and numerous they are, as well as their movement making it a pain to even reliably hit them without killing yourself in many situations, and many of the heavy AP answers being slow and awkward against them really just makes Chargers suck. They're not even in the top 3 most deadly bug types, let alone all the deadly bot enemies, but they're by far the most tedious if you can't just railgun them dead. I've done some solo dif8 Bug missions and the Railgun is now welded to my hand in any bug mission because gently caress chargers. I'm gonna try that post-charge leg shooting trick because even if it looks like a glitch exploit if it works reliably I might actually be able to enjoy bug missions even when multiple chargers pop out of the ground.

LazyMaybe posted:

You don't even get ragdolled by a charger hit, though that's not very helpful because it means you're now trapped in the legs of the charger as he pushes you, and eventually the shield will give up.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I find if you unload absolutely everything into the bug breach as soon as the warning appears it stops things from growing out of hand quickly, orbital gas strike followed by 500KG as the titans crawl out of the hole seems to cover the entire threat.

For mission modifiers I avoid absolutely everything that increases stratagem cooldown or scrambling, those are run ruiners and annoying, I'd rather modifiers increased enemy spawns or something else.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

They should buff other backpack options instead. The shield is exactly as it was in Helldivers 1. If anything, they should shorten the cooldown of the jump pack to make it more competitive.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It seems like it takes ~3 EAT shots to take out a charger too, which is annoying. I brought EAT on a "Kill Chargers" mission and both of them took 3 hits. So not only would you need to bring them, you'd need to use more than one pod of them.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Sorry if this has been clarified earlier, but this thread moves fast.

My friends and I have been having issues with the Automatons - more specifically the Dropships. Not only is there some visual bugs going on with them being shot down, but there's also the lack of the "You've killed X things" counter.

Can I fire a rocket at the engine right as it starts dropping enemies off and make the crash kill those, or do I have to make sure I hit it before it reaches its "This is where I drop them off" spot?

Likewise, with the bug-nests that sprout up when a bug fires a spray into the sky - can I close it if I hit it with a grenade/explosive, or is it on a timer?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think the Jump Pack should just straight up give you controllable flight for X amount of time. That'd make it very competitive with all the backpack options. As it is now, I think it's just for solo cheese strats against the bugs.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Lamquin posted:

Likewise, with the bug-nests that sprout up when a bug fires a spray into the sky - can I close it if I hit it with a grenade/explosive, or is it on a timer?

I think it's on a timer, but I'm not totally sure. I know I've had little to no success throwing grenades at the random ones and they don't seem to have an actual physical hole associated them like the objective ones do.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

wilderthanmild posted:

It seems like it takes ~3 EAT shots to take out a charger too, which is annoying. I brought EAT on a "Kill Chargers" mission and both of them took 3 hits. So not only would you need to bring them, you'd need to use more than one pod of them.

It takes 1 EAT, 2 safe railgun shots to the legs to strip the armour. Small arms the rest.

It takes 2 unsafe railgun shots to the face to kill a charger

Choose your poison

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone on controller got a suggested acceleration settings? I can't quite get mine to feel right, I would think someone on reddit or something would post what the equivalent setting is to match the standard COD aim curve but I can't find poo poo

I might just give up and set it to 0 acceleration speed and go straight linear

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Lamquin posted:

Sorry if this has been clarified earlier, but this thread moves fast.

My friends and I have been having issues with the Automatons - more specifically the Dropships. Not only is there some visual bugs going on with them being shot down, but there's also the lack of the "You've killed X things" counter.

Can I fire a rocket at the engine right as it starts dropping enemies off and make the crash kill those, or do I have to make sure I hit it before it reaches its "This is where I drop them off" spot?

Fire the rocket only after they start dropping off the dropship and it'll drop on top of them, explode and kill lights while damaging mediums. It used to kill the entire payload if you shot it before it dropped, they nerfed that.

Tried the missile turret a bit tonight and they definitely lock on dropships over any tanks/walkers in the vicinity and they don't appear to shoot them down (often?).

Back on the topic of railgun supremacy I really just feel the autocannon and recoiless rifle need to perform better. The RR in particular is a low ammo weapon that is effectively single target (very little AOE on the explosion) with a long+stationary reload that also takes up your backpack slot. It (and the EAT) really should do much better damage to things like chargers/tanks/hulks/titans/turrets to make up for those drawbacks. Headshotting/buttshotting a charger with a drat anti-tank rocket should kill it - and it wouldn't be a hell of a lot different than double tapping it in the face with an unsafed railgun which is already possible. Planting one in a tank/hulk/turret weakspot should also be a kill. The railgun can keep being the jack of all trades, but the specialized heavy weapons with actual drawbacks and limitations should make you feel powerful against the thing(s) they're meant to specialize in.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 26, 2024

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

I might just give up and set it to 0 acceleration speed and go straight linear

That's what I did and it feels great.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I mean the RR will drop a titan in two shots, which is about 4 seconds with a loader. It's just not as easy as having four 1700s musketeers wandering around.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

wilderthanmild posted:

One EAT to the leg will sometimes kill a charger, and if it doesn't you can finish it off with less than a clip from your primary by hitting the hole it makes. Also, I usually kill the first Charger with the pod itself, don't forget the utility of them coming in an insta-kill package!

I'm actually fine with the damage EATs do, but I would absolutely love if they dropped three instead of two, maybe with an upgrade or something.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I find if you unload absolutely everything into the bug breach as soon as the warning appears it stops things from growing out of hand quickly, orbital gas strike followed by 500KG as the titans crawl out of the hole seems to cover the entire threat.

I've actually really fallen in love with the orbital gas strikes recently against the bugs. I haven't brought it into the very highest difficulty levels yet but it is so, so nice at lower levels.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 26, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gas has no friendly fire except for yourself and you can still outheal it if you wander in by accident, the cooldown is also very short and the input is very easy to memorize with 3 out of 4 being the same direction, it's great, 500KG is also great because it has deceptively little friendly fire distance and the last 3 inputs are the same down arrow for bringing it out fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Warbadger posted:

Fire the rocket only after they start dropping off the dropship and it'll drop on top of them, explode and kill lights while damaging mediums. It used to kill the entire payload if you shot it before it dropped, they nerfed that.

Tried the missile turret a bit tonight and they definitely lock on dropships over any tanks/walkers in the vicinity and they don't appear to shoot them down (often?).

Back on the topic of railgun supremacy I really just feel the autocannon and recoiless rifle need to perform better. The RR in particular is a low ammo weapon that is effectively single target (very little AOE on the explosion) with a long+stationary reload that also takes up your backpack slot. It (and the EAT) really should do much better damage to things like chargers/tanks/hulks/titans/turrets to make up for those drawbacks. Headshotting a charger with a drat anti-tank rocket should kill it - and it wouldn't be a hell of a lot different than double tapping it in the face with an unsafed railgun which is already possible. Planting one in a tank/hulk/turret weakspot should also be a kill.

it's definitely confusing how hard they nerfed the EAT and RR. HD1 had the same dynamic where the heavy armor enemies warped the entire game around them except all heavy armor enemies would die in either 1 or 2 hits from EATs or RR, with tanks losing the ability to move if they survived the first shot). I'm not sure I've ever seen an armored enemy actually die from the direct hit by an EAT or RR in 2. I hit a bile titan's face with 5 squad loaded rockets in a row and it didn't die. the point of them seems to just be to make a weak spot for you to finish off with other weapons, except you're only allowed to make the weak spot in pre-approved places.

the RR also currently has a bug that randomly breaks the ability to squad load it which makes it a liability right now.