Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Arc Light posted:

But if anything, it just goes to show that we both seem normal and not goony until people find out the truth

Idk it could equally be strong evidence goons never think they are goony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
About a year after we acquired our subsidiary, their IT admin somehow figured it out I was a goon. We knew better than to exchange screen names, and considering he referred to spidercock I’m gonna go with he’s mostly in FYAD.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

As the infosec nerd at corp I know we have no goons or atleast goons smart enough to not use the company wifi for something awful.

Disturbingly enough we had kiwifarms users

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

As the infosec nerd at corp I know we have no goons or atleast goons smart enough to not use the company wifi for something awful.

Disturbingly enough we had kiwifarms users

I remember when I found several goons admitting to connecting their gaming devices (including a Steam Deck) to the corporate network, which was fine because “they’re in IT.”

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tiny Timbs posted:

I remember when I found several goons admitting to connecting their gaming devices (including a Steam Deck) to the corporate network, which was fine because “they’re in IT.”

All linux based devices are inherently safe, duh. Any IT person knows this :negative:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Arc Light posted:

At the time, I knew nullscan was in Korea, but little more than that. We finally arranged a meetup and he said he'd be the guy in the parking lot standing next to his <description> motorcycle.

And I thought to myself, heyyy wait a second, my extremely normal coworker has that bike.

So yeah, a real stairs moment, especially because I 100% asked him in the office if his house had stairs as a way of confirming my own goon secret identity. And he gave the correct reply. Without dying of embarrassment in the process.

But if anything, it just goes to show that we both seem normal and not goony until people find out the truth

Are you trying to say that goons are generally normal and well adjusted people? That like shitposting on the internet?

no way

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I just joined for filez. The Air Force, not the forums.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Witness, if you will, the Shameless dropping trou on thousands of MoH recipients and yet people saying "please sir, I'd like some more!".

.https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1761482149134254382?t=HgRfHdyp3Gy-ykiXuE2avA&s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I loving hate what he does with his hands

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65jqrHQi_c

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Who asked for the debt clock to be modified to the Trump debt clock?

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1761468012442358047

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who asked for the debt clock to be modified to the Trump debt clock?

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1761468012442358047

lol nice

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Knew what this was gonna be, didn't regret watching it again

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I can never listen to him talk because my brain always thinks he's violating the concept of linear time.

Like when people generally talk, there's a start and a finish, a relatively straight line with some deviation and asides. Donnie talks in squiggles, loops, and circles. I can't take in the words and form a coherent thought out of them. So every time I try and go back to the beginning of the sentence, I get lost and go back to before he even started talking and I've violated spacetime in my head.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

I can never listen to him talk because my brain always thinks he's violating the concept of linear time.

Like when people generally talk, there's a start and a finish, a relatively straight line with some deviation and asides. Donnie talks in squiggles, loops, and circles. I can't take in the words and form a coherent thought out of them. So every time I try and go back to the beginning of the sentence, I get lost and go back to before he even started talking and I've violated spacetime in my head.

It feels like it's stream of consciousness. Whatever he has pop up in his mind, he talks about.

It's a very, very public version of somebody sitting at the nursing home listening to Grandpa ramble about nothing for 40 minutes, except the audience hangs off every word.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

He's like some kind of walking Stroke Elemental.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

a hypoxia golem

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

So, uh yeah...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-critical-condition-after-setting-fire-israeli-embassy/story?id=107531773

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Not immediately clear? Was he not shouting "Free Palestine" as he burned?

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

Current event: https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/N471HP/history/20240225/0148Z/KEDJ/KEDJ

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:lol:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Not immediately clear? Was he not shouting "Free Palestine" as he burned?

I haven't seen verification but, this is supposedly the last post he made:

Also
Not inlining this, due to the picture
https://i.imgur.com/XKQZTqL.jpeg

Shaddak fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 26, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

See you [air]space cowboy...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shaddak posted:

Also

Saw elsewhere that police were drawn down on the guy while he was burning while EMTs were screaming at them to back off?

Was just a screenshot of a tweet elsewhere though so uncomfirmed but seems about on par

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

Saw elsewhere that police were drawn down on the guy while he was burning while EMTs were screaming at them to back off?

Was just a screenshot of a tweet elsewhere though so uncomfirmed but seems about on par

Police helpfully extinguishing him with his own juices

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

That Works posted:

The security guard there was yelling at them that he didn't need guns he needed a fire extinguisher. And, yes, pigs were trained on him with guns until he collapsed.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Shaddak posted:

Also

this dude rules and i wish i had the balls to do something like this

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

That Works posted:

CSPAM thread found posts about cop dude. Looks like he wasn't capital PD, he was embassy private security. His uniform looks different than capital PD but idk.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
our own fuckin Congress needs to follow this example - ignore the putin-fucker and just pass the poo poo

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1762142508836933634?t=i2PY1q5aILJ6jrZsSkAetQ&s=19

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

I believe in you.

You have what it takes to set yourself on fire.

Don’t wait, the sooner you burn yourself to death the sooner the genocide will stop.

You want it to stop don’t you?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

My Spirit Otter posted:

I'm not sold on this course of action.

Guy set himself on fire. Nothing has changed. I'm trying to see how "horribly commiting suicide" equates to stopping genocide.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah, while something like this is worth respecting, it's still a bad outcome --- a good person died. There should be less of that, not more.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I believe in you.

You have what it takes to set yourself on fire.

Don’t wait, the sooner you burn yourself to death the sooner the genocide will stop.

You want it to stop don’t you?

oh please, youre the only person in gip whos dumb/insane enough to be talked into doing something like this, plus if you do it, one of your stories will finally be true!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

My Spirit Otter posted:

oh please, youre the only person in gip whos dumb/insane enough to be talked into doing something like this, plus if you do it, one of your stories will finally be true!

You both got a shot in. Now please stop focusing on posters and posting and instead focus on current events.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
is there anything more american than a wannabe cop pointing a gun at someone literally dying? other than pulling the trigger

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Zamujasa posted:

is there anything more american than a wannabe cop pointing a gun at someone literally dying? other than pulling the trigger

Magdumping into a crowd of bystanders while barrel rolling on the ground because someone dropped an acorn two blocks away?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
I can already see the new "tactical triage" scenario where 25 cops storm into a hospital during a mass casualty event, call out a shooter every time they spot any medical personnel trying to triage the arriving casualties and then mag dumping in a random direction.

massive budget increase if they hit at least 5 "suspects".

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
in unrelated news,

FTC Challenges Kroger’s Acquisition of Albertsons

quote:

The Federal Trade Commission today sued to block the largest proposed supermarket merger in U.S. history—Kroger Company’s $24.6 billion acquisition of the Albertsons Companies, Inc.—alleging that the deal is anticompetitive.

The FTC charges that the proposed deal will eliminate fierce competition between Kroger and Albertsons, leading to higher prices for groceries and other essential household items for millions of Americans. The loss of competition will also lead to lower quality products and services, while also narrowing consumers’ choices for where to shop for groceries. For thousands of grocery store workers, Kroger’s proposed acquisition of Albertsons would immediately erase aggressive competition for workers, threatening the ability of employees to secure higher wages, better benefits, and improved working conditions.

“This supermarket mega merger comes as American consumers have seen the cost of groceries rise steadily over the past few years. Kroger’s acquisition of Albertsons would lead to additional grocery price hikes for everyday goods, further exacerbating the financial strain consumers across the country face today,” said Henry Liu, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Competition. “Essential grocery store workers would also suffer under this deal, facing the threat of their wages dwindling, benefits diminishing, and their working conditions deteriorating.”

The FTC issued an administrative complaint and authorized a lawsuit in federal court to block the proposed acquisition pending the Commission’s administrative proceedings. A bipartisan group of nine attorneys general is joining the FTC’s federal court complaint.

Kroger operates thousands of stores across 36 states, which includes regional banners such as Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Harris Teeter, King Soopers, Kroger, and Quality Food Centers (QFC). Albertsons also operates thousands of stores across 35 states under regional names including Albertsons, Haggen, Jewel-Osco, Pavilions, Safeway, and Vons. If the merger were completed, Kroger and Albertsons would operate more than 5,000 stores and approximately 4,000 retail pharmacies and would employ nearly 700,000 employees across 48 states.

Executives for both Kroger and Albertsons have acknowledged that the two supermarkets are direct competitors, forcing each other to aggressively compete for customers by lowering prices and for employees by providing better pay and benefits across the country. Similarly, executives for both supermarket chains have conceded that Kroger’s acquisition of Albertsons is anticompetitive, with one executive reacting candidly to the proposed deal: “you are basically creating a monopoly in grocery with the merger.”

Hopefully they do manage to block this, because these places are already soul-crushingly horrible.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I really liked Safeway (Albertson's owns them) when I first moved to WA, but somehow it seems to be getting worse each year. They're removing baskets from stores, putting certain items in a walled off "store inside a store", and other things that make being their customer a pain in the rear end.

There's not really any grocery store I like here that much, though I'd say it's probably Town & Country because they have the best produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Zamujasa posted:

in unrelated news,

FTC Challenges Kroger’s Acquisition of Albertsons

Hopefully they do manage to block this, because these places are already soul-crushingly horrible.

I don't see how they could even physically pay their employees less, when I worked for Safeway I earned $0.11/hr over minimum wage, and paid dues to two unions. They had me work two 40+ hour weeks to cover multiple stores, then slashed my hours to a single shift so I'd fall under the legal cap for benefits. Bunch of scumbags. (This was like 15 years ago now).

Mustang posted:

I really liked Safeway (Albertson's owns them) when I first moved to WA, but somehow it seems to be getting worse each year. They're removing baskets from stores, putting certain items in a walled off "store inside a store", and other things that make being their customer a pain in the rear end.

There's not really any grocery store I like here that much, though I'd say it's probably Town & Country because they have the best produce.

What the gently caress is up with the basket thing? They started disappearing right at the start of the pandemic, are shopping baskets expensive or something? I don't want to push around a cart to grab some produce eggs and milk, and putting the stuff in a reusable shopping bag feels like shoplifting.