Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Isomermaid posted:

"technically it never really worked"

me about my junk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

The worst thing with recent TVs is how many of them keep the brightness/backlight setting behind a submenu or two. You know, the one option you'll probably want to adjust fairly regularly.

I had to replace our living room TV last year because the LEDs were dying and over the previous year had slowly been turning the screen a blotchy purple. We put up with it until it became unbearable. I then spent a couple of days trying to get HDR in games on my Xbox not looking like utter poo poo before giving up and going back to SDR and finding it looked a heck of a lot better.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

So these two are attempting to grift again with 'an event somewhere in W11'
https://twitter.com/HeartsofOakUK/status/1761823185446564294
I went to check on the booking page for the event and noticed it's being sponsored by that same Quantum Hypnotist quack, Sarah Jane Smith. I googled a bit more about her, and found this

quote:

Sarah Jane Smith is a qualified Quantum Healing Hypnotherapist.
She is also a psychic, medium and taps easily into the past lives of clients.
She is the current sponsor of ALL the latest podcasts of David Icke
and is in demand from celebrities and millionaires from around the world.
Her passions are: Family , people, animals, laughter, music and running.
Her mission is to spread the message across the world that we are so very
powerful, and that we can heal ourselves ( with a little help from above ).

So the extreme fringe far right is being funded by a crazy woman who cons millionaires for snake oil woo?...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat, travelling in the Tardis really does gently caress you up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i krammer into the room. swear at everything about where the controller is. Find it where I left it. press all the buttons after 12 years I still dont know which one turns it on it comes on I watch it

settings?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Passionate about laughter.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
while on the subject of bitching about TV sound, recently I had some old 5.1 computer speakers around and figured they would be less bad than the tv ones so i thought i would try plugging them into the tv. as it turns out 3.5mm audio jacks and TV "digital audio out" come from different planets and it is bizarrely difficult to convert sound into sound without spending more than the speakers were ever worth, for no apparent reason

crispix posted:

i actually happened to be looking at monitors when i checked the thread lol

i want a small monitor (21" or smaller) that can sit portrait on its stand

preferably white case

this is hard to find :/

I did a similar search recently and just ended up getting a regular monitor and a separate monitor stand, monitors with the standard four-hole fixings somewhere on the back are far more common than those where they put effort into a good stand

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
-people shouldn't manipulate the rules.
-which you did
-haha
-yeah

https://twitter.com/RobDunsmore/status/1761859830208250259

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

The Question IRL posted:

In the TV buying thread on the IYG forum, without fail, every week someone will ask for recommendations for buying a new TV, who when presented with a bunch of options will ask "can't I just buy a TV without all those Smart Features?"
The reasoning is that, logically if a TV has all these features and costs X, then a TV without them would cost less.

And every time this is asked, the explanation is given that, no most manufacturers don't sell TV's without those features.

The only ones who do sell them for crazy high prices (presumably to Businesses that just want to display their corporate logos on them all day) or PC Monitors. Both sets come without speakers, now that I think of it.

It seems that what you want is regarded as a deluxe feature and not "can I buy a lesser version of the thing I want and also make it cheaper."

IIRC I googled some prices a while ago for non smart TVs and they weren't that much more expensive, few hundred more?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This is my solution to the exact same dilemma but with a 23" monitor.

A tabletop easel (£7.99 IIRC) that if I need the monitor portrait, I just turn it and put it on the easel. It was considerably cheaper than buying a monitor that could do landscape or portrait. (Last bought a monitor 8 years ago).

I thought that was a catapult first. Was reminded of the ones I made for my kids some years ago.

The wooden springs broke.

I'd buy Mrs. Normans Vision Pro if it was closer to me.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

His Divine Shadow posted:

I thought that was a catapult first. Was reminded of the ones I made for my kids some years ago.

That's what you get for a projector.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Lord Ludikrous posted:

The worst thing with recent TVs is how many of them keep the brightness/backlight setting behind a submenu or two. You know, the one option you'll probably want to adjust fairly regularly.

I had to replace our living room TV last year because the LEDs were dying and over the previous year had slowly been turning the screen a blotchy purple. We put up with it until it became unbearable. I then spent a couple of days trying to get HDR in games on my Xbox not looking like utter poo poo before giving up and going back to SDR and finding it looked a heck of a lot better.

My TV did that. Right in the "rule of thirds" spot, so people looked very unwell in close up shots. I used it as an excuse to buy a new TV, but I also thought I'd try replacing the LEDs and give the old one to my parents. I found the LED strips, found a video on how to take the whole thing apart, it worked perfectly... and then in the final step I put too much pressure on the bezel and cracked the LCD. Off to the dump it went :sigh:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Old Potato Face here digging deep into more spicy unhinged far right Facebook drivel

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Government-raised never tastes as good as Free-Range children

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Implementation of a World Social Credit system (like China has)

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Universal basic income (austerity)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Oh my god, no, not smart devices and the internet of things! We must stop this communist UN initiative, our electronics would never spy on us under capitalism

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

(like China has)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

smellmycheese posted:

Old Potato Face here digging deep into more spicy unhinged far right Facebook drivel

"No the reason my children won't speak to me isn't because of my unhinged behaviour! It's because of the UN and (((globalists)))!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I dunno how they expect mandatory multiple Vs, I can't even get one :(

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I like that the New World Order has set a clear goals focused agenda.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mandatory Multiple V

Legit can't tell if one of them made that to get mad about or someone sane made to rile up the crazies.

Rarity posted:

drat, travelling in the Tardis really does gently caress you up

She really does sound like the shittiest companion doesn't she?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

poo poo. Wondered where my copy of the NWO agenda had gone. Ursula Von Der Leyen will be so mad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol just googling Mandatory Multiple V brings up Snopes first https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/un-agenda-21-2030/

Seems it was made before there was even a COVID vaccine.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
That NWO screenshot has been floating around for years, it's as reliable an indicator of online gullibility as your dad forwarding you an .ru link offering discounted RayBans.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Multiple V wouldn’t even make sense, he died at the end of the first film

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Technically any rectangle displaying an image is tele-vision. So printing something on A4 and sticking it on the wall across the room suffices. You're welcome for the savings I have provided you.

You can also go outside and look at the mountains or something.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mano posted:

You can also go outside and look at the mountains or something.

Buddy I live in flatlands. The best I can get is an underwhelming hill

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Buddy I live in flatlands. The best I can get is an underwhelming hill

It’s still television

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TACD posted:

Clones

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TACD posted:

The movie literally ends with multiple Vs and the statement "you cannot kill an idea".

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

quote:

Universal Basic Income (Austerity)

I have been grossly misinformed about austerity.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

domhal posted:

I have been grossly misinformed about austerity.

By "universal basic income" they mean "everyone who works is on minimum wage".

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Jedit posted:

By "universal basic income" they mean "everyone who works is on minimum wage".

So he likes some of the things on the list. It's got something for everyone!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Tesseraction posted:

Legit can't tell if one of them made that to get mad about or someone sane made to rile up the crazies.

I heard that the WHO want to put tetraethyllead into the air to help spread their crazy propaganda via the Internet

Can you imagine :ohdear:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

The movie literally ends with multiple Vs and the statement "you cannot kill an idea".

Just ripping off Ché Guevara's last words smdh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

xtothez posted:

I heard that the WHO want to put tetraethyllead into the air to help spread their crazy propaganda via the Internet

Can you imagine :ohdear:

Pretty sure the WHO is against its use in jet fuel TBF.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

They want to implement oversight on the biggest cause of child abuse do they? Tell me again why that's bad Potato Nonce.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

He's another person being sponsored by that crazy Quantum Hypnotherapist
https://www.tickettailor.com/events/davidpeterevents/1067181

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Look into my eyes and think of potato fraud.