Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Anyone else been getting DCed from the Lego game? If I play for like an hour it DCs me and I lose progress and get no XP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

incredibly rude they attached that lovely new ninja turtles song to the turtle van

I was just saying last night, why the gently caress isn't this the ninja rap?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Anora posted:

Anyone else been getting DCed from the Lego game? If I play for like an hour it DCs me and I lose progress and get no XP

It resets the server every once in awhile. It usually gives you a countdown, but there's been plenty of times it hasn't. That's it's way of cleaning up all the random items and crap laying around. Even with the countdown you can lose up to 15 minutes of progress, so I usually just log off and back on when it gets close to force a server save.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Coolness Averted posted:

Gonna be pretty messed up when it turns out the society was just trying to keep capricious greek gods from returning -and keeping Peely prisoner was the humane way of dealing with their harbinger

It's a good time to be a Potassius enjoyer :dukedog:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
🥱
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1761881551376154900?t=N_YzYjJo2fD-Ev9SOfAdWw&s=19

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Toph with a gun

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
If this is real and there is an Iroh skin I will smash that purchase button so hard I’ll break my controller

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I thought the people in Avatar were blue

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nash posted:

If this is real and there is an Iroh skin I will smash that purchase button so hard I’ll break my controller

It is real. IFire found it in the API of the game and it is scheduled for next season

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm surprised the license holders are okay with it being in Fortnite. Aang is a 12 year old and he's going to he running around with a gun!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I had the same thought. Many of the characters in Avatar are minors but is Fortnite cartoony enough that it doesn’t matter?

I guess there is that Morty skin in a mech suit. How old is supposed to be?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Nash posted:

I had the same thought. Many of the characters in Avatar are minors but is Fortnite cartoony enough that it doesn’t matter?

I guess there is that Morty skin in a mech suit. How old is supposed to be?

Rick and Morty is already a gory, violent show though where Morty routinely wields guns. I think he's 14?

Avatar just seems like a bad fit for Fortnite, both because of the characters ages and also because Aang is a pacificist, so seeing him running around head shotting people with a sniper rifle will be odd.

Maybe these will be the first skins not useable in Battle Royale? Is that even possible?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does 'falling down after being shot to be beamed up' count as violence against children for countries' media depiction laws?

Although with the recent Turtle stuff if they do it I hope they do it in the Fortnite style and not just cell shaded the animu skins.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Paramount wants money and epic won't be doing a mini battlepass that requires you to play the BR and put in a skin that can't be used in the BR.

Just wait until spongebob or frozen get added.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PriorMarcus posted:

Rick and Morty is already a gory, violent show though where Morty routinely wields guns. I think he's 14?

Avatar just seems like a bad fit for Fortnite, both because of the characters ages and also because Aang is a pacificist, so seeing him running around head shotting people with a sniper rifle will be odd.

Maybe these will be the first skins not useable in Battle Royale? Is that even possible?

There are multiple Batman skins. Batman generally does not use a gun.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
how're they gonna map children's bodies onto the default skin is my question

maybe it'll be like oddjob in goldeneye

Dawgstar posted:

Does 'falling down after being shot to be beamed up' count as violence against children for countries' media depiction laws?

Although with the recent Turtle stuff if they do it I hope they do it in the Fortnite style and not just cell shaded the animu skins.
officially you "retire" characters back to the lobby. no one actually gets hurt, that's part of the storm resetting and such. part of the "plot" is that the bad guys are figuring out a way to stay and keep their memory after the reset.
i remember after that was established, there was a fortnite-like game where the characters were action figures and the battleground was a child's room who got in a snit because fortnite stole this idea from them

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
My Hero Academia characters are 15, as are the Jujutsu Kaisen people and Naruto people; Naruto peeps started even younger too, but i haven't watched the show to know what point the Fortnite versions are based on. Eleven is 14 (and also probably the answer to how they map kid bodies to the default skin hitboxes).

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Not children, but Vegeta would never lower himself and insult his race to use such a primitive set of weapons. None of the Z fighters would use guns. Neither would Freiza or Cell. Bulma is the only character that I would believe picking up a gun.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Bulma has shot Goku with an uzi, multiple times.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

i can definitely say Peter Griffin would use nunchaku

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I'm not one to call hacking but my whole team was taken down in one shot apiece by somebody with a blue sniper rifle who then proceeded to do the same to another team. That's suspicious, right?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dawgstar posted:

So I'm not one to call hacking but my whole team was taken down in one shot apiece by somebody with a blue sniper rifle who then proceeded to do the same to another team. That's suspicious, right?

It does 300 headshot damage, 120 body, doesn't it? Did you watch them 180 no scope headshot or something? Or did they do this all in the span of a couple of seconds? The game still has the replay save function doesn't it? If it does you could rewatch the match and see what they did.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Apple Craft posted:

Not children, but Vegeta would never lower himself and insult his race to use such a primitive set of weapons. None of the Z fighters would use guns. Neither would Freiza or Cell. Bulma is the only character that I would believe picking up a gun.

oh yeah? shows what u know, dumb rear end

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Check their name if you got replays turned on. Maybe one day you’ll be able to tell your grandkids you got clean swept by Tyler “Ninja” Blevins

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Apple Craft posted:

My theory is when they are put in the Fortnite world they lose their natural powers and are reverted to the status/power level of an average Jonesy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:frogsiren:END OF SEASON EVENT HAS BEGUN :frogsiren:
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1762478592909250582?t=74DlUliSbtvf1ec4am6lMw&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1762478654854939129?t=sFUn00s3GG8V0ANTWM31OA&s=19
https://twitter.com/Wensoing/status/1762479444629889400?t=GfrDi5dxZ8V2uRmH5cbbGg&s=19

Seems very similar to how the cube event was. There are videos around of what the various stages look like, but I won't be watching or posting so it is a fun surprise. People will figure out what time the stages happen so you know when to be playing to watch. This is going to be great.

Edit: new jam tracks
https://twitter.com/FNFestival/status/1762494248409063642?t=8pu0TuMJSSbaPpEkdfLXZw&s=19

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 27, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The first stage has happened. Here is what it looked like.
https://twitter.com/Wensoing/status/1762563487987871955?t=XgY2W-8y7GbxYEkw8BThursday.

Earthquakes seem to happen every hour on the hour. At the current rate the hand will emerge at 11am eastern thursday.

https://twitter.com/FNBRWatch/status/1762584531796676670?t=jbqfAkae6v8IWIz0qD-BjA&s=19

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 27, 2024

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I hope next season they dont put so much stuff into the "bonus rewards" section next season, having to get to 150 to get all the original stuff is an incredible hassle, Im not used to getting more than just golden reskins past 100, but I suppose they tricked alot of folks into wanting to get the Family Guy meme skins so they'd pay for more level boosters.

Im curious if they did all the extra bonus stuff cause they knew folks would be getting EXP from all over the place this season.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

I hope next season they dont put so much stuff into the "bonus rewards" section next season, having to get to 150 to get all the original stuff is an incredible hassle, Im not used to getting more than just golden reskins past 100, but I suppose they tricked alot of folks into wanting to get the Family Guy meme skins so they'd pay for more level boosters.

Im curious if they did all the extra bonus stuff cause they knew folks would be getting EXP from all over the place this season.

I think it was made purposely tough to get through the bonus rewards without playing festival, racing, lego, etc., to drive people to play those.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

see my complaint is now theres like three passes going at once so youve gotta have a calendar or something. pretty sure there were some weekly tmnt quest rewards i didnt get just because i didnt realize it was ending even though i cleared the pass ages ago. let me track more than one quest at a time on the main hud if theres going to be 20 active

although i dont know why i care about unlocking anything when there’s no locker shuffle

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

I don't like when the bonus rewards has stuff which 'completes' a set that's in the regular Battlepass, like a pickaxe recolor etc.

Super No Vacancy posted:

although i dont know why i care about unlocking anything when there’s no locker shuffle

Likewise, I've cancelled Crew for this reason.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

see my complaint is now theres like three passes going at once so youve gotta have a calendar or something. pretty sure there were some weekly tmnt quest rewards i didnt get just because i didnt realize it was ending even though i cleared the pass ages ago. let me track more than one quest at a time on the main hud if theres going to be 20 active

The Festival Pass has so much great content (the best Gaga song and skin!!) but I don't wanna play the Guitar Hero game to get it :(

I wonder how well this content delivery/payment model is working for Epic vs. just saying "okay you can just buy the things you want for the exact $ value it's worth" because I'd happily spend the exact money for Battle Armor Lady Gaga and Donatello's Staff but recoil in horror whenever I have to buy a coin bundle or take out a pass that takes anyone over 21 years old 3 months to complete

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I do wish there was more of a crackdown on games being able to have their own loving currency just to hide the immense cost of a digital skin.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

The battlepass as had "bonus items" until 125 or 150 for years.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am ready for this season to be over. :reject:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'm not, I need 30 odd more levels for some super skins I'll never use

And I've loved this season

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Mr Hootington posted:

The battlepass as had "bonus items" until 125 or 150 for years.

Oh I know! But I felt like there was more "Complete the set" stuff, like original dances/items this go around than normal, usually 100-150 was simply if you wanted the re-colored skins from the battle pass.
Basically I wish I didn't have to get to Lvl 140 to get the Family Guy TV, okay?!

Speaking of, is there anyway to categorize skins/etc by Sets? Cause I hate going through my inventory and forgetting what backpack/pickaxe went with the dude from 5 seasons ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

Oh I know! But I felt like there was more "Complete the set" stuff, like original dances/items this go around than normal, usually 100-150 was simply if you wanted the re-colored skins from the battle pass.
Basically I wish I didn't have to get to Lvl 140 to get the Family Guy TV, okay?!

Speaking of, is there anyway to categorize skins/etc by Sets? Cause I hate going through my inventory and forgetting what backpack/pickaxe went with the dude from 5 seasons ago.

Yes under the filter when selecting a category.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
When are they gonna bring back the street fighter stuff!!!!!! And also master chief!!!!!

I’m sad I missed out on Lara Croft so bring her back tooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

How much longer is this season? I've barely played but there's one of the battle pass skins I really want.

I have a ton of v-bucks built up from my crew sub (since I apparently can't cancel that? :v:) so I might just buy the battle pass levels.