Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's definitely something with networking - if you haven't, run it in offline mode and do just the first zone. There's an immediately obvious difference, offline mode the game is so responsive and the feedback is so much better. Cutscenes and clickable objects just work in a way they don't in online mode, even playing solo.

That's before you even get in to zoning issues and that sort of thing.

For me, I've given up on it for at least a week or so. Every time I try to play I either can't log in, or get through maybe 4 zones before hitting a loading wall that I'm just not going to waste time on. I could try a bunch of times to zone or wait 10 minutes on a loading screen, or I could go play a game that's working.

You should try right now. just jinxed tho

e: like I just logged in on steam deck, got right in and am out doing the story quest. I'm on EST though

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

When they posted on Discord like, "Reverting a fix from earlier that made things worse" last week I decided to just completely forget about Online mode for this first Cycle.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sab669 posted:

When they posted on Discord like, "Reverting a fix from earlier that made things worse" last week I decided to just completely forget about Online mode for this first Cycle.

This happens constantly during game development, you just don't get to see it because it doesn't take 250,000 people trying to play a game to discover and replicate most bugs.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well i got the aerial assault drops umbral blades thing and now i just press aerial assault through entire areas and stuff just dies

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

queeb posted:

well i got the aerial assault drops umbral blades thing and now i just press aerial assault through entire areas and stuff just dies

details? I'm kinda just winging my falconer build

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so im going umbral blades into all the shadow daggers stuff, then you go top left on aerial assault which makes your bird drop up to 6 umbral blades when you assault, and then those do all the poo poo from their tree. with how fast cooldowns are if i hit a pack with aerial assault they all just die and my cooldown is back up. and its like screen wide explosions

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Spec: Aerial Assault drops Umbral Blades
Spec: Umbral Blades spin, home in to enemies, inflict Shadow Daggers, and explode at the end of their duration

Aerial Assault now clears screens

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yup and then you go into smoke bomb/dive bomb for insane dive bomb damage and you are unstoppable

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tyybVuSBU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Warlock feels similarly OP at clearing compared to some of the falcon builds I've watched, boss dps is not quite as strong but still more than fine for me at level 93. I'm running a full necrotic dot/curse build and every monolith is just dropping a fissure, transplanting to the edge of the screen, running a few seconds with megabuffed haste effect, drop another fissure, etc.

I can't decide between a summoner next (I have the new wraithlord crown which looks amazing, also Aaron's Will and plenty of good golem stuff) or a falconer. Leaning falconer just because I've already played necro a few times before.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I took the Birds Are Not Real node and my Dive Bomb damage suddenly dropped to like 10% of what I was doing before. Do they not count as minions or something?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Clarste posted:

I took the Birds Are Not Real node and my Dive Bomb damage suddenly dropped to like 10% of what I was doing before. Do they not count as minions or something?

its absolutely bugged

edit: also drat the passive that makes falcon strikes and dive bomb instant is really nice

falconer gives me ragnarok online vibes

queeb fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 26, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Okay, I think I'm kinda strong now.
  • Falconry: Specced into Falconer's Mark resetting the cooldown, plus extra hits and a bunch of general damage buffs (and bleed on hit). It costs 70 mana now, but I don't care because it's the only skill I have that costs mana and I generate it back before the animation finishes. This is basically always active against bosses.
  • Net: Made it spam caltrops, smoke bomb, and also boost bird damage by +40% against netted targets. Obviously it doesn't make me jump back either. With two -3 throwing cost rings, it's free, so I can hold down the button whenever I'm not moving for caltrops and smoke bombs everywhere, plus it generates mana and health.
  • Aerial Assault: Caltrops cause bleed. Honestly I don't really care about anything else this does, the move is super weak compared to anything else.
  • Dive Bomb: I used the smoke bomb synergies recommended by this thread. Turns out they are insanely strong, other than Birds Are Not Real being trash. With 3 points in the mana cost down node, it costs 0 so i can use it even while at negative mana. I guess it does interrupt Falcon Strikes, but also I can just recast that again immediately. Dive Bomb also does bleed because why not?
  • Smoke Bomb: Generates shadows, throwing damage buffs, and Dusk Shroud. Good.

Anyway, I just sit on top of the boss and spam Net while mashing both Falcon Strikes and Dive Bomb on cooldown (which are conveniently both instant so I never need to stop throwing nets). Enemies get like 500 stacks of bleed ticking for hundreds of thousands of damage per second, plus all the falcon attacks which I can't even keep track off. Bosses in Empowered Monoliths die in seconds.

Edit: Using a spear for the extra bleed chance, but I never use anything but throwing attacks so weapon doesn't matter much.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Clarste posted:

Okay, I think I'm kinda strong now.
  • Falconry: Specced into Falconer's Mark resetting the cooldown, plus extra hits and a bunch of general damage buffs (and bleed on hit). It costs 70 mana now, but I don't care because it's the only skill I have that costs mana and I generate it back before the animation finishes. This is basically always active against bosses.
  • Net: Made it spam caltrops, smoke bomb, and also boost bird damage by +40% against netted targets. Obviously it doesn't make me jump back either. With two -3 throwing cost rings, it's free, so I can hold down the button whenever I'm not moving for caltrops and smoke bombs everywhere, plus it generates mana and health.
  • Aerial Assault: Caltrops cause bleed. Honestly I don't really care about anything else this does, the move is super weak compared to anything else.
  • Dive Bomb: I used the smoke bomb synergies recommended by this thread. Turns out they are insanely strong, other than Birds Are Not Real being trash. With 3 points in the mana cost down node, it costs 0 so i can use it even while at negative mana. I guess it does interrupt Falcon Strikes, but also I can just recast that again immediately. Dive Bomb also does bleed because why not?
  • Smoke Bomb: Generates shadows, throwing damage buffs, and Dusk Shroud. Good.

Anyway, I just sit on top of the boss and spam Net while mashing both Falcon Strikes and Dive Bomb on cooldown (which are conveniently both instant so I never need to stop throwing nets). Enemies get like 500 stacks of bleed ticking for hundreds of thousands of damage per second, plus all the falcon attacks which I can't even keep track off. Bosses in Empowered Monoliths die in seconds.

Edit: Using a spear for the extra bleed chance, but I never use anything but throwing attacks so weapon doesn't matter much.

Aerial Assault your weakest move? Scroll up. Spec AA to auto drop umbral blades and its your goto screenclear

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't need another screen clear because Dive Bomb and Falcon Strike already kill everything. Like, all that would do is make me weaker against bosses. What would I even take off?

Heck it's not even instant. Terrible move.

Edit: For the record, I've played a Bladedancer, I know the power of spinning Umbral Blades.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 26, 2024

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Pro: you get carried by your birb

queeb posted:

so im going umbral blades into all the shadow daggers stuff, then you go top left on aerial assault which makes your bird drop up to 6 umbral blades when you assault, and then those do all the poo poo from their tree. with how fast cooldowns are if i hit a pack with aerial assault they all just die and my cooldown is back up. and its like screen wide explosions

care to shere your build pls? https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 26, 2024

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Erulisse posted:

Pro: you get carried by your birb

care to shere your build pls? https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/

https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/allie---1-button-shadow-dagger-falconer#aerial_assault

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Lpzie posted:

man the market is better than i thought. i thought nobody would buy t6s or +1 levels items cause they drop a lot. but nope. they fly...

here's an item 100/100 of the time i leave o nthe ground

i didn't even really figure out if the price was good, just threw up a random number

lol.. crazy

I picked CoF because I can barely be asked to figure out what good items are for this Thorn Totem thing I'm doing. Did a few of the early monos which is where I was when I first played like a year ago. Game has been fun when I've been able to play.

I like that prophecies can be multi-use, was worried about having to go back to the Observatory a bunch.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

slamming a unique (no tag) with a CoF exalt passes along the CoF tag to the unique. just tested it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Man this exploding ballista build is stupid. It rules.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I suck so bad at the Lagon fight... My curse warlock just died a billion times until I logged out because I'm not even getting halfway to the finish. It feels worse than it was before, but maybe it's just because my build sucks at bossing.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Failboattootoot posted:

Man this exploding ballista build is stupid. It rules.

ywah i wanna try that. Currently I'm just doing aerial assault/dive bomb/shadow daggers and i have smoke bomb/dive bomb numlocked so they auto cast and i just press 1 button through the whole area at mach speed dropping bullshit everywhere

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

fancy stats posted:

I'm just spamming ballista at the edge of the screen

How do you pair up falcon and ballistas? build both throwing damage and bow damage?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mikojan posted:

How do you pair up falcon and ballistas? build both throwing damage and bow damage?

All-in on minion damage

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Is there ever a case where you'd actually want a dungeon/arena prophecy?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Mailer posted:

Is there ever a case where you'd actually want a dungeon/arena prophecy?

I've been saving the juicy dungeon ones and running a whole bunch at once. The dungeons aren't bad for rewards anyway, and you need to at least do Temporal Sanctum pretty frequently if you're serious about gearing.

I tried Arena today and they've reworked it a lot from when I first tried it back in the day. Much more of a reward-based structure and much less boring.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Just blew through my entire weekend playing. Game good.

https://twitter.com/8bitminiboss/status/1761989071679926445

It's been a good long while that I can sit down and learn an ARPG and not need a doctorate or external tool to understand what the hell I'm doing. I'm not even using a build guide! Not trying to knock POE but it sometimes it just goes... too far. Last Epoch is more my speed.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The Locator posted:

I suck so bad at the Lagon fight... My curse warlock just died a billion times until I logged out because I'm not even getting halfway to the finish. It feels worse than it was before, but maybe it's just because my build sucks at bossing.

i had the same issue. i just did monoliths until i was like level 62 and pumped my cold and lightning resists

watho
Aug 2, 2013

also the warlock passive that makes you drat yourself when you kill and damage bosses. is it just bad or am i missing something about it? i would like immediately give myself 90 stacks and die instantly even with capped necrotic resist.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I actively avoided the nodes that encourage you to self-curse for that very reason. Making yourself vulnerable to being one-shot is not worth the damage bump.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wanna level a second character but I don't know what.

Any suggestions on builds focused around using a traversal skill, so I can zoom around and kill trash mobs at the same time? Not a Rogue though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Horace Kinch posted:

I actively avoided the nodes that encourage you to self-curse for that very reason. Making yourself vulnerable to being one-shot is not worth the damage bump.

i don't think self curse is as bad since there's the passive that removes all curses from you when you hit half health and converts them to ward. tho i suppose that doesn't stop you from getting one-shot

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

watho posted:

i don't think self curse is as bad since there's the passive that removes all curses from you when you hit half health and converts them to ward. tho i suppose that doesn't stop you from getting one-shot

Is there no anti-oneshot ability that you could pair that with?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I was using a self-made necromancer minion build where I had 11 of them running around plus myself. A fun gimmick that was surprisingly effective, though sometimes very slow.

Nothing was an issue until Lagon, who was a brick wall. My character was simply too squishy, my minions did tiny amounts of damage and died too fast.

I swapped to a fissure/chaos bolts build and now most things melt in front of me.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Any suggestions on builds focused around using a traversal skill, so I can zoom around and kill trash mobs at the same time? Not a Rogue though.

Swarmblade Primalist. If you're a pokemon fan, you turn into Scyther but with clouds of locusts following in your wake. You become a giant buzzing blender.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Can't find my offline character saves on Linux, no point on doing more progress there until i can find & create backups. :rolleyes:

Decided to try online play, everything seems to be working good. :thumbsup:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Once these are full then there's no point in doing any side quests anymore, right?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jack Trades posted:

Paladin's got that spinny skill, maybe there's something there

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Lagon just feels weirdly overtuned. Or something. Compared to every other boss fight he’s the one I always have trouble with and just actively avoid that that fight at all once I’ve got the blessing I need.

It is absolutely fine if he feels like a roadblock because he absolutely is. I can’t think of another boss that gives me as much trouble, particularly considering the lack of space and the tight timing requirements. There really aren’t like, safe places to stand and catch your breath.

I hope that revisit that to tune it later. I see a bunch of folks smack their head against the wall on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The art direction in this game is kinda putting me off. Everything feels like a dark, drab smear.

I'm maybe five or six hours in and just unlocked my mastery. Is the whole game midnight sewer do does it eventually open up into some livelier environments?