Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

my bony fealty posted:

any good bro science casts out there

Well There's Your Problem Podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

Thanks to a speech impediment I developed when my parents had a lovely dentist remove all my baby teeth everyone thinks I have a British accent and I've been told I should just say I'm from England repeatedly by dipshits

brutal own

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

my parents had a lovely dentist remove all my baby teeth

was there a reason this was necessary or ?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat, the doctors gave tokin a bri'ish surgery

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the bloomin' docta nicked me chompers!!!

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

drat, the doctors gave tokin a bri'ish surgery

gradenko_2000 posted:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gradenko_2000 posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tankbuster posted:

its so bizarre. The last time something this odd happened when brace had the clancychat guy on. It was great, two brace beldens talking to each other and half the people here hated it.

yeah I don't get it either, that guy rules. I love his insane newsletter about tom clancy. it's long, meandering, but often arrives in weird and wonderful places (although I haven't had a chance to read it in a year so..)

i liked him on RWN but it felt like I was in the minority there. i just didn't know much about how clancy fit into the larger military and industrial establishment in the US in the 80s and 90s and how quickly clancy fell out of favour post-911 because he knew enough to start talking about saudi arabia lol

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It does make me wonder. For the Americans - does having an accent like they do lead people to believe you're dumb or uneducated? How do people usually deal with this? Do they affect a northeast accent when they are trying to enter a profession?

we have that here. the hoser accent, or more local to you, the ottawa valley accent absolutely makes people think you're dumb. i'm from the same area as the letterkenny guy and i toned it down quickly once I got to post secondary.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Feb 26, 2024

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

with the rise of mass media and people moving all over the country, i really do find that regional accents are fading pretty quickly. like my in laws are from mississippi and have very strong accents, but i don't really know anyone my age who sounds even a little bit like that. my wife, and my brothers in law, certainly don't. very few people talk like foghorn leghorn anymore and nobody sounds like bugs bunny. sad.

old oral history recordings from the 70s are great for that because you can hear how wildly different people sounded even from the same area.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lumpentroll posted:

was there a reason this was necessary or ?

Not as far as I'm aware. There are reasons I don't talk to them anymore

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lmao

but seriously that sounds awful, im sorry they did that to you

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dreylad posted:

we have that here. the hoser accent, or more local to you, the ottawa valley accent absolutely makes people think you're dumb. i'm from the same area as the letterkenny guy and i toned it down quickly once I got to post secondary.

I have yet to see that disproven :smuggo:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Hooplah posted:

everyone should listen to seth and jonathan from uhh yeah dude, they were my best friends long before trueanon or chapo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkSTKFj1E0

this was like my first podcast.......actually my first podcast was called "wasting time at work" which was hosted by i later found out hyperlib philip bump. it's been totally disappeared from the internet i think

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ed zitron had a short-lived podcast with Felix back before chapo exploded. The podcast was focused on online culture and weird poo poo happening on the internet.

Zitron also founded and runs a PR media relations company whose primary focus is helping apps penetrate the market.

https://www.ezpr.com/

Edit: lol
https://twitter.com/ezpr/status/1129454389620379648?t=eFnaP2VAEAu01pa_txADjQ&s=19

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Feb 27, 2024

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I listened to the new TrueAnon on the Octopus stuff and I think I only absorbed like 3%. something about a dead dude named Danny Castellero. going to have to try again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ambercrollo/status/1762237453132603404

I hope Matt is doing good!

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Mr Hootington posted:

Ed zitron had a short-lived podcast with Felix back before chapo exploded. The podcast was focused on online culture and weird poo poo happening on the internet.

Zitron also founded and runs a PR media relations company whose primary focus is helping apps penetrate the market.

https://twitter.com/ezpr/status/1129454389620379648?t=eFnaP2VAEAu01pa_txADjQ&s=19

EZPR is a pretty good name, gotta hand it to him

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Xaris posted:

I listened to the new TrueAnon on the Octopus stuff and I think I only absorbed like 3%. something about a dead dude named Danny Castellero. going to have to try again

Ghost Stories has a longer series on it which i think i got an okay understanding from.

to test that understanding i would summarize that Casolaro was a guy who wanted to write a book which heroically exposed a cabal of corruption in the post-war US, he thought it could be traced to eight bad apples, because he thought america was good but being betrayed by a few high-placed criminals, and because he thought readers would like the name "octupus." it turned out there were a lot more of them, and some of them had him suicided. it's hard to say exactly which ones did it because he was running down every juicy story he could and thought they were all connected. his initial in was a case where the Justice Department ripped off a guy (and his company, Inslaw) who wrote some legal paperwork organizing software called PROMIS.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
if books could lib tsk tsking college students who blamed israel for oct 7th was foul. michael hobbes kinda sucks rear end

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

A Bag of Milk posted:

if books could lib tsk tsking college students who blamed israel for oct 7th was foul. michael hobbes kinda sucks rear end

Yeah clucking over their tone and then spending 20 or 30 minutes getting into the details of the Dr gay plagiarism scandal. Total dogshit

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

It's nice to know what d&d posters think without having to wear the six layers of PPE to speak to one directly

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sounds like he had a craniotomy to clip some little bugger of an aneurysm

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

lol @ the chapo circle

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Where's da new episode, will

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wheres my chapo

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
All the chapo checks yall know it smell crazy in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ill be honest ive never listened to chapo. i do occasionally listen to old cumtown bits though so thats close enough