Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
we will need this piss knowledge once the electricity grid fails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Cthulu Carl posted:

EDIT: Behold the piss lamp

It is holy poo poo, piss

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was thinking more about how Hennig Brand discovered phosphorus

the glory on the other side of the hole

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That really is quite an amazing piece of art and I wold have said that even before I knew it was piss.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"boiling my piss to make gold" sounds like the biggest lie ever when he was confronted by his wife. Clearly this guy was just a freak.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

quote:

While the quantities were essentially correct (it took about 1,100 litres [290 US gal] of urine to make about 60 g of phosphorus), it was unnecessary to allow the urine to rot first. Later scientists discovered that fresh urine yielded the same amount of phosphorus.

I need 1100 litres of fresh piss and I need them fast.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVdLS9DbZM

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
Why is it always stale piss in old timey recipes (gunpowder, woad die, leather treatment)? What is the chemical they were after?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i think they were after piss

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Groda posted:

Why is it always stale piss in old timey recipes (gunpowder, woad die, leather treatment)? What is the chemical they were after?

A few different ones actually depending on the application. Uric acid is a useful well, acid. Ammonia and Sulphates are the useful smelly chemicals used in tanning. Potassium is a fertilizer, but also goes in that gunpowder category.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Groda posted:

Ammonia.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's Pissium (Pi-115)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

GABA ghoul posted:

It's Pissium (Pi-55)

ftfy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Urine is number 1, making water, literally hydro-gen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GABA ghoul posted:

It's Pissium (Pi-115)

Holy poo poo, pissssssss

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I like that they aged it until it had a terrible smell, like a literal tonne of urine is pleasant for the first few days.

Also, that's like 3000 pisses worth, did he just line the whole town up by the vat?

Also, I absent mindedly googled "how much pee is in the average pee" on a work computer so I now have to be extra careful to avoid IT ever needing to look at my history, thanks OSHA thread.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was thinking more about how Hennig Brand discovered phosphorus

The segment about this in Matt Christman's Hell on Earth is A++ and I highly recommend the whole podcast series, even the parts not about cooking piss.

Anyway, I'm off to PONDER THE MONAD.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Deformed Church posted:

I like that they aged it until it had a terrible smell, like a literal tonne of urine is pleasant for the first few days.

Also, that's like 3000 pisses worth, did he just line the whole town up by the vat?

Also, I absent mindedly googled "how much pee is in the average pee" on a work computer so I now have to be extra careful to avoid IT ever needing to look at my history, thanks OSHA thread.

Seems like a work relevant thing to be searching for at the dick sucking factory. :confused:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Username symmetry

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Karate Bastard posted:

I need 1100 litres of fresh piss and I need them fast.

Hit me up first thing in the morning when I wake up.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It would have been horse and cow piss.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've had it up to here with horses and cows stealing all the piss jobs from hard-working folks like me

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Deformed Church posted:

Sadly, due to medical issues and the medication to treat them, I know I can output 4L of piss in about 10 hours. I don't know if this information will ever be useful to me but it's in my brain now.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I imagine that collecting horse urine (that's another great google search by the way) is also pretty OSHA. Trying to nudge the bucket into place without getting kicked in the head, or pissed on.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Deformed Church posted:

I imagine that collecting horse urine (that's another great google search by the way) is also pretty OSHA. Trying to nudge the bucket into place without getting kicked in the head, or pissed on.

The way it used to work back when collecting horse piss was important was they set up a drain in the stables.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lotta piss experts itt. Pissperts?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Collecting animal excrement is still an important part of agriculture, whether via grates or bound in substrate.

Most of those tanks are buffer tanks, the blue ones are for processing.

In other countries there's lagoons full of poo poo.

And people die in them because they are really hazardous.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*partner stumbles upon my piss jug stash* No, no...it's important for agriculture!!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bird with big dick posted:

Lotta piss experts itt. Pissperts?
If we're ever going to end the dependence on fossil fuels we're gonna have to bow to the pissperts as in the olden days.

Going to be a routine sight for truckers to be handing in their piss jugs in exchange for DEF made out of trucker piss.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 26, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You may be joking, but an installation like the one I posted can supply a village with electricity and heating while turning dangerous animal poo poo into safe fertiliser.

Dealing with poo poo&piss is the foundation of modern civilisation, on par in significance as agriculture and the wheel.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Deformed Church posted:

I can't imagine ever having a more perfect reason to share this throwback!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UqAB--LIGM

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene posted:

*partner stumbles upon my piss jug stash* No, no...it's important for agriculture!!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

looks pissed

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Antigravitas posted:

You may be joking, but an installation like the one I posted can supply a village with electricity and heating while turning dangerous animal poo poo into safe fertiliser.

Dealing with poo poo&piss is the foundation of modern civilisation, on par in significance as agriculture and the wheel.

But enough about your posting

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
we talkin' piss, huh?
https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1760832993839690132

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Username symmetry

Yes that is indeed their gimmick, it's a pretty good one imo.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the gimmick comes from 10 years in socal imprinting the word "dude" in my head indelibly, then me deciding to figure out a way to make it nongendered. hence peep. "dude" is nongendered in socal itself, but not in, say, singapore or germany

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the gimmick comes from 10 years in socal imprinting the word "dude" in my head indelibly, then me deciding to figure out a way to make it nongendered. hence peep. "dude" is nongendered in socal itself, but not in, say, singapore or germany

youre good peeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Antigravitas posted:

Collecting animal excrement is still an important part of agriculture, whether via grates or bound in substrate.

Most of those tanks are buffer tanks, the blue ones are for processing.

In other countries there's lagoons full of poo poo.

And people die in them because they are really hazardous.

hold up weren't we discussing these tanks apropos an entirely different topic a few weeks ago??? why do i know gluckberger street