Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

whats the official hellthread wing flavor

a place near me does a really good sweet chili thai but you can never go wrong with a buffalo wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

korean bbq or w/e

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gorean edit: krorean ^ yup this all of this

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

dry rub buffalo and lemon pepper go hard. Jerk Wings are tasty and remind me of my friend MJeff

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Garlic and Parmesan is criminally underrated and you can crush a million of them without getting all spiced out

They’re a good reset course between other wings too for this same reason.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I am also skeptical of Mercedes' drawing power but that's cause I'm not familiar with her work outside of her NJPW thing. Not cause I'm a bad faith troll. She seemed to draw big for that NJPW show in California where she broke her dang foot so I'm hopeful. In any case it's clear that Tony or someone was convinced to book more women's matches and segments since Mone was signed. Maybe as part of her contract, I dunno. I would struggle to say that AEW's women's division is good, but I think some effort is being put into making it better, which is more than I could say for 2023.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

whats the official hellthread wing flavor

a place near me does a really good sweet chili thai but you can never go wrong with a buffalo wing

I only eat boneless wings. With mild buffalo sauce.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

For real wings either a classic buffalo or lemon pepper, but a guilty pleasure of mine from my Baby Palate days is the boneless “wings” with honey bbq.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

MJeff posted:

"AEW should have a better women's division."

*AEW spends money to acquire the biggest women's free agents available*

"These people don't matter and will accomplish nothing." -

Sincerely, the absolute dumbest motherfucker on the planet.

They still don't have enough good women's wrestlers, They don't do house shows or training to get them reps, the best one is on the zombie show, and he still can't book them. So what will change.

AEW has had 32 game changers "restoring the feeling" for a few months until "Man we really need to restore the feeling again"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

apophenium posted:

I am also skeptical of Mercedes' drawing power but that's cause I'm not familiar with her work outside of her NJPW thing.

Same tbh. People kept raving about how she’s some crossover mainstream megastar that’s gonna bring in all these eyes because she was in a Star Wars spinoff streaming show for like 10 minutes and stan twitter loves her but I just don’t see it.

I’ll happily be proven wrong or enjoy being proven right, the win/win position.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

finally someone dumber than emf

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't give a poo poo what she draws I want to see good matches.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am not expecting nor demanding for Monè to have the entire division revolve around her. But to risk inching too close to mecca right now, I'll say it at least has felt like they're trying to showcase more women's matches lately and if that has anything to do with Monè then her hire is already paying off to me.

Even if her matches have a ceiling of "good," I would gladly take it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Same tbh. People kept raving about how she’s some crossover mainstream megastar that’s gonna bring in all these eyes because she was in a Star Wars spinoff streaming show for like 10 minutes and stan twitter loves her but I just don’t see it.

I’ll happily be proven wrong or enjoy being proven right, the win/win position.

she's a proven big ratings draw and a proven decent enough attendance draw. i don't think she's going to be a massive Big Bu$$iness changer, but there's a difference between "being skeptical" and whatever subhuman dogshit the rape loving sex trafficking supporters like emf pretend to think for lulz

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pylons posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

I don't give a poo poo what she matches I want to see good draws.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mercedes vs Saraya & Toni vs Jamie @ all in

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

I’ve got bad news about Mercedes then

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

she's a good wrestler with amazing presence who is cool and has good matches. It's that simple

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The only match of hers I saw was the nxt Bailey one, it was good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I’ve got bad news about Mercedes then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39WvMaRMSs

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

I am not expecting nor demanding for Monè to have the entire division revolve around her. But to risk inching too close to mecca right now, I'll say it at least has felt like they're trying to showcase more women's matches lately and if that has anything to do with Monè then her hire is already paying off to me.

Even if her matches have a ceiling of "good," I would gladly take it.

They're objectively putting more creative muscle into the women's division right now. They're pushing more people like Rosa and Deeb, having more matches, more promos and more stories and they're both acquiring major free agents like Purazzo and Mone and trying to build people up from the bottom like Skye Blue (who I think sucks but whatever) and Queen Aminata (who I think is actually kinda cool).

I don't know if it's "Khan hired Mone and paid her so much it forces him to put more effort into the women" or "Khan wanted to put more effort into the women's division, so he hired Mone", but I'm leaning towards the former.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve seen every Mercedes match that was televised or broadcast.

She’s good but better when she has someone equally good or better to wrestle with. Please don’t call me a “rape lover” for saying this.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you just Lmao at a 3 minute video in ~1 minute and the joke is the name of the person is the same as a car brand. #HellThread You are so hosed for this one bro

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's a funny video, with oen minute you'll have a few lols #QoPromise

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Yeah I'm stoked to see her matches and she's already done a lot for AEW's women's division without even debuting yet assuming the women's booking has gotten better to appease or accommodate her please don't be mean to me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wow people have better matches when their opponent is also good at wrestling. #thinkingcap

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

✅The Study

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

Mercedes vs Saraya & Toni vs Jamie @ all in

hell why not

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like every woman in that company who worked there at the same time as she did had the best match of their life with Mercedes, lol.

The only exception I can think of is Asuka and even that's a close one.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

you just Lmao at a 3 minute video in ~1 minute and the joke is the name of the person is the same as a car brand. #HellThread You are so hosed for this one bro

I’ve already seen the video it was a courtesy lmao to let him know I appreciate him, something some people would know painfully little about 😔💅

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6GHnncTu_I&t=27s

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Tony booking a show at a place named for a literal Nazi. Yikes my guy,.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they opened a lot of new rows after i complained about it in the hell thread. sagging attendance on the rise. revolution this weekend. big bu$ine$$ soon after.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I'm going to be at Revolution and Dynamite and Collision in GA. I'm doing my part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I've got good seats at Revolution, I'll pass Tony a USB drive with all the good Mone matches he should book