Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Forrest on Fire posted:

Lmao I love Kyler but nobody believes the Cardinals are happy with him under center. The HC seems to like him but the GM and owner don't

I don't think Kyler is a fantastic QB but I also feel like he's on the verge of becoming criminally underrated. It won't be easy to replace him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

I don't think Kyler is a fantastic QB but I also feel like he's on the verge of becoming criminally underrated. It won't be easy to replace him.

And Kyler definitely is not the most pressing issue in Arizona. They have so many positions to fill up, so they might as well keep him for the next 2-3 years since he has that contract anyways.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If there were a leaguewide re-draft, Kyler probably still goes in the top 15. Maybe even top 10, if you put a premium on youth?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I hate Kliff's offenses so I think Kyler is actually pretty good just had a piss easy offense that teams figured out.

Have fun Commies

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

If there were a leaguewide re-draft, Kyler probably still goes in the top 15. Maybe even top 10, if you put a premium on youth?

Yeah, without doing a thorough ranking or anything, I feel like at this very moment he would be...12 or 13? Somewhere around there. But that's coming off of an injury. We've seen him play like a top 8ish QB before, so maybe if you did it in a year or two he would be top 10.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's 6 guys I feel you can just ignore anyone who says if they'd take Kyler over them, so I guess I'd be curious how people would organize this list:

Murray, Lawrence, Dak, Love, Tua, Purdy, Hurts, Goff.

Leaving Stafford and Kirk out for being 35. I'd also put Dak in that first list, but people love to hate them a Cowboy.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Cardinals going to mess around and make Kyler a Viking.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

There's 6 guys I feel you can just ignore anyone who says if they'd take Kyler over them, so I guess I'd be curious how people would organize this list:

Leaving Stafford and Kirk out for being 35. I'd also put Dak in that first list, but people love to hate them a Cowboy.

I'd rather have Hurts. I think.

Hurts
Murray
Love
Dak
Tua
Lawrence
Goff
Purdy

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kalli posted:

Dak
Lawrence(I have never seen a more unlucky QB than Lawrence last year lol)
Goff
Hurts
Love(I need to see him maintain that production for more than like half a year but uh if he does he's above Dak)
Murray
Purdy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

At what point do you draft a non-QB? Do you take Justin Jefferson or Brock Purdy?

e: But re: the QBs…

Love
Dak
Hurts
Murray
Lawrence
Tua
Purdy
Goff

fsif fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 26, 2024

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Between the names you listed and the 6 you said you'd exclude, I can't figure out who's the last one: Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Herbie, Stroud.

Rodgers maybe? You exclude Stafford/Kirk for being old though. Oh duh it's Burrow, I forgot about him entirely.

Anyway this is how I'd personally sort that group: Hurts, Dak, Goff, Love, Lawrence, Purdy, Tua, Kyler. I do think Love isn't anywhere close to his ceiling though, especially now that in 2024 he'll actually have receivers who have NFL snaps.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

At what point do you draft a non-QB? Do you take Justin Jefferson or Brock Purdy?

e: But re: the QBs…

Love
Dak
Hurts
Murray
Lawrence
Tua
Purdy
Goff

Jefferson over Purdy all day lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kalli posted:

Goff - Just by virtue of getting two playoff wins for the Lions. Making a Super Bowl doesn't hurt either.

Dak - Great if you want to win the regular season. Meh in the playoffs, but still better than most of the rest of this list.

Hurts - Probably has the most upside and can win playoff games, but who knows how he'll fare with the chaos in Philly.

Purdy - Can win when he needs to, has 1.5 solid seasons under his belt including several playoff games. Not flashy but he does what he needs to.

Tua - When he's on, he's amazing. It's just having him be consistently great that's the issue, and it's a big one.

Murray - He's good enough to will the Cardinals to win games, which is impressive on its own, and he does well despite the amount of poo poo he has to deal with.

Love - Only this low because he has one season under his belt, and half of that was getting adjusted to the offense and his teammates. He'll likely be much higher next year having actual experience.

Trevor - He looks off a lot, and though he does have a big playoff comeback, it was against the Chargers, so it's arguable whether that really counts. He might still pull it together, but I don't have the faith of him doing well that I do the rest of this group. I'd honestly knock him down to the top of the next tier.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
A surprising amount of fullback erasure in this hypothetical re--draft

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Forrest on Fire posted:

If they do that, I'm buying a knockoff Bears sweatshirt and going full meathead posting.

I'm looking forward to you stepping up your posting game.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Murray did not look that bad when he came in last year, people make it sound like he looked like Zach Wilson. He did not repeat his 2020 season, but he did not have much to work with and he is probably still a slightly above average starting QB.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kalli posted:

Dak is still probably the obvious top choice even without the playoff success
Then I'd probably go:
Tua, can be great but lacks consistency
Lawrence, same reason
Goff, he'll never be a top guy and doesn't have a second dimension with his legs at all, but he can ball
Hurts, seems like he has a lower ceiling at this point but still has potential
Murray, he does have the second dimension and can play but I don't think he's gonna elevate a team that much

Incomplete grades
Purdy - it's really hard to tell how good he is outside the system he's in
Love - Not crowning the guy after half a season of good play. Keep it up next year bud

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Purdy - it's really hard to tell how good he is outside the system he's in

Hes really good the level in which he executes the system is better than all but 5 qbs in the league

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

On this topic the Ringer released their 2024 QB Commitment index.

quote:

Lied About His Height on Hinge, and the First Date Was a Disaster
Carolina Panthers and Bryce Young

quote:

Toxic Long-Distance Relationship
New York Jets and Aaron Rodgers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Really appreciating just how jumbled that list is from you six, outside of Dak and Purdy at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Hurts: 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5
Murray: 2, 6, 4, 8, 5, 6
Love: 3, 5, 1, 4, 7, X
Dak: 4, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1
Tua: 5, X, 6, 7, 5, 2
Lawrence: 6, 2, 5, 5, 8, 3
Goff: 7, 3, 8, 3, 1, 4
Purdy: 8, 7, 7, 6, 4, X

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Really appreciating just how jumbled that list is from you six, outside of Dak and Purdy at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I’m kind of surprised at those results. Goff at #1 is clear trolling!!!

1. Dak
2. Lawrence
3. Hurts
4. Murray
5. Love
6. Tua
7. Purdy
8. Goff

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd put Dak at the top of my list for players who should be in a toilet!!!!!!!!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

It should be noted I'm an enormous Dak hater. I don't think it's based on anything other than gently caress the Cowboys but I just see him and think Dallas which, gross.

Love is based on me believing GB just figured it out and will always have a QB of elite caliber. Kyler I've watched as a fan for years and I just really like him as a person.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I just appreciate seeing all your thoughts, because I originally tried to write out a NFL draft order in lines of: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and past putting Dak at 7 I spent a few minutes going ????? trying to order 8-10 before giving up and trashing it for that post.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jordan Love

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What is a Jaren Hall

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like Murray more than Hurts but the age is a consideration.

I also think it’s plausible that Murray could be as good as Dak (albeit different stylistically) if he gets some better support…
…like perhaps a certain blue chip WR prospect…

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Hell yeah brother.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A lot of work needed on that OL. Woof.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1762278904906064225?t=KmDjunG1-KWOCTthrTmOGA&s=19

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

wandler20 posted:

A lot of work needed on that OL. Woof.

is he bad? the FA OL list is dire. if he's not bad he'll be signed the minute FA begins

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Laken has been terrible with the Jets. He was already one of the guy needing to be replaced.

Also Payton is a shithead.

https://twitter.com/kurtbenkert/status/1762297915198890129?s=46

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This can't possibly be true. Surely the bar for "conduct detrimental to the team" has to be higher than "got mad during a game."

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
it’s a good thing Sean Payton has no history of being a piece of poo poo otherwise I might believe that

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Shaq ruled but was never the same after his Achilles injury.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1762453851515363476?t=z7VF_fvQSAETDwnctkQmYg&s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

ghosthorse posted:

it’s a good thing Sean Payton has no history of being a piece of poo poo otherwise I might believe that

Hey no doubt Sean Payton is a shithead, but that tweet is—I guess—counting on no one actually watching the video it's quoting? There's nothing there that even remotely suggests Wilson's contract would have been in danger for snapping back at Payton.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fsif posted:

Hey no doubt Sean Payton is a shithead, but that tweet is—I guess—counting on no one actually watching the video it's quoting? There's nothing there that even remotely suggests Wilson's contract would have been in danger for snapping back at Payton.

Yeah I watched the video, it basically is a recap of the staring contest between him in the broncos over the injury guarantee. Nothing about the contract as a whole

Wonder if he quoted the wrong tweet?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Also, there's nothing in the tweet to indicate that the information actually came from Wilson or anyone else. It could just be this dude speculating.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Could just be talking about "conduct detrimental to the team" clauses being an intentionally vague way for teams to exert power. There is no distinction between Aaron Hernandez killing sprees, Antonio Brown doing Antonio Brown things, and a QB getting into public fight with his HC.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's just obviously made up and absurd on its face. Contracts in the NFL don't get voided because a player argues with a coach.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Could just be talking about "conduct detrimental to the team" clauses being an intentionally vague way for teams to exert power. There is no distinction between Aaron Hernandez killing sprees, Antonio Brown doing Antonio Brown things, and a QB getting into public fight with his HC.

I would argue there is absolutely IS a distinction between those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

It's just obviously made up and absurd on its face. Contracts in the NFL don't get voided because a player argues with a coach.

I would argue there is absolutely IS a distinction between those things!
There obviously is but NFL contract clauses leave it to the team to make make that call.