Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Americans all drive their massive tanks 5 hours to work on the 80000 lane gigafreeway to their 30 hour shift at the WMD factory and only get vacations whenever Haley's Comet shows up. If they'd drive 15 more hours they'd still be in the same postal code. They retire when they die, probably from being shot.

Europeans all walk 2 minutes to their job as underwater basket weavers where they don't actually weave or get wet because of EU regulations. If they'd walk 10 more minutes they'd pass through 3 other countries, all of whom they hate because the people there speak a slightly different dialect and used to be the same country until 1539 when Duke Sigismund the Defenestrater rebelled against his brother/cousin/uncle King Wulfgang Pierre Magnus Xavier Maria Gabriel XVIII. They get 350 days vacation per year and retire at 45. When the government tried to raise the retirement age to 47 several cities burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Americans all drive their massive tanks 5 hours to work on the 80000 lane gigafreeway to their 30 hour shift at the WMD factory and only get vacations whenever Haley's Comet shows up. If they'd drive 15 more hours they'd still be in the same postal code. They retire when they die, probably from being shot.

Europeans all walk 2 minutes to their job as underwater basket weavers where they don't actually weave or get wet because of EU regulations. If they'd walk 10 more minutes they'd pass through 3 other countries, all of whom they hate because the people there speak a slightly different dialect and used to be the same country until 1539 when Duke Sigismund the Defenestrater rebelled against his brother/cousin/uncle King Wulfgang Pierre Magnus Xavier Maria Gabriel XVIII. They get 350 days vacation per year and retire at 45. When the government tried to raise the retirement age to 47 several cities burned.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Perestroika posted:

Man, my first job's commute way about 35 miles (from one city to a neighbouring one) and that poo poo was so intolerable I moved over there just to not have to deal with it anymore.
Before I moved to where I'm at now, my commute was a 3.5 minute walk. Midtown Memphis is fairly walkable, though.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

FreudianSlippers posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

been saying this

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

This reminds me, I made this for my therapist and got a big laugh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I never thought about roasting my therapist but then again she tells me I have a deep-seated subservience to older female authority figures.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know what to do.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Karate Bastard posted:

You know what to do.

Probably not.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Was I being baselessly encouraging again? Apologies

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

That’s a people that commute in large cities by car vs everybody else thing. Rural Americans tend to talk about distance too.

True. Visit sunny Orlando, only 45 minutes from sunny Orlando.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I was going to jump in with lots to say about perception of distance and travel and poo poo but I remembered this was the meme thread can you loving not

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

What about Tasmania

ask the nearest shelia, she has a handy map

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

kdrudy posted:

Just knowing this is written on a whiteboard somewhere is making me angry.

I was about to say nobody has that written on a whiteboard because I was thinking "school" but then I remembered of yeah, businesses. Yeah, now I'm angry too

CainFortea posted:

I mean, it's also a size difference. Japan is a bit smaller than California.

When you live most of your life in a country where you've visited places 3 time zones away it's going to color your expectations of how far is "really far away". Kyoto to Osaka is 34 miles. I've driven that to go find a weird specialty knob at the weird specialty electronics store that's on the other side of town.

34 miles is a p big town tbf

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Feb 27, 2024

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Considering Australia formed as an English penal colony after America won its independence & couldn't send its prisoners there anymore, Australia is more like New Georgia.

austrailia is british california. good consumer protection laws, good worker rights. is always on fire. the people there are lazy and hate immigrants. mostly apathetic voter base so the olds keep electing the same goveneor

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn0uYtCScsw&t=31s

Amphigory posted:

I was going to jump in with lots to say about perception of distance and travel and poo poo but I remembered this was the meme thread can you loving not

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

What about Tasmania

It’s a land that’s way under down under. The sky’s always yellow in rain or shine.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I'll rip the dingleberries right outta ya

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I wish to know more about the separatist cat

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phlegmish posted:

I wish to know more about the separatist cat

It just basques in the sun all day

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lobok posted:

It just basques in the sun all day

:golfclap:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cat...alan

I got nothin'

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Cat...alan

I got nothin'

Cat… alone… yeah…
…nah

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ZixTheYeti posted:

It’s a land that’s way under down under. The sky’s always yellow in rain or shine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdGHbcyixE

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

i made it like a minute into the video before turning it off due to all the alliterative puns, jfc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Large Testicles posted:

i made it like a minute into the video before turning it off due to all the alliterative puns, jfc

same, it was legit for the first min tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Youtubers who try to be entertaining entertain't.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

entertain't.

This feels like a dangerous word to incept

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Exit light
Enter taint

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The entertaint is just another name for the prostate

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Sound like something that would make Treebeard go "Hoom Hoom"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Entwivesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
The entertaint is located inside the poorárum