Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Apparently the changes that Fatshark did to Lucky Bullet means that it now procs when you press the 'fire' button, whether or not you actually have ammo or are capable of firing. So people are going in with Rumbler/Kickback, empty their ammo stockpile and then binding 'fire' to mousewheel and just spinning it to great success.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

For what it's worth, there *is* a mod for that on Nexus. I don't remember what it's called.

I'm aware of all the mods people like to recommend, I'll just never bother using them cause I don't need them to enjoy the game. Also :effort:

Fishstick posted:

You do you but I personally don't find buying dozens of greys from one vendor, sifting thru the ones I want, upgrading them to hopefully get the blessing/perk combo I want at the other and then one by one selling the leftovers back to the first vendor and repeating the process until I get what I want to be a fun way to spend time. I have thousands of every material, I know every blessing for this weapon at max tier, just let me make what I want instead of making me do this back and forth for 20 minutes.

Getting the resources is just something that happens when playing, hence the stockpiles of them. But I hate playing the "crafting" slot machines so I can play with a blessing/perk combo I have in mind and it's enough to just not make me experiment with builds.

Yeah that's fair! Like I don't mod my game because none of the poo poo that gets complained about by some folks bothers me. And that's less effort for me too, woo!

And I'm glad modding is an option for the people it does bother, though I'd prefer Fatshark would do it themselves they've at least allowed a bit of outsourcing which is nice. But I get tired of people coming and declaring the game totally unplayable without this long list of mods. More power to them, but also don't present opinion as fact. It's really tiring.

I'm not even totally clean myself, but I've only installed the armory extension in the web browser from way back when and not touched in-game modding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

Apparently the changes that Fatshark did to Lucky Bullet means that it now procs when you press the 'fire' button, whether or not you actually have ammo or are capable of firing. So people are going in with Rumbler/Kickback, empty their ammo stockpile and then binding 'fire' to mousewheel and just spinning it to great success.

Just tried this out in the Psykhanium. Constantly spinning the mouse wheel like a madman threw off my aim, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoOonQfZZTM

:haw:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Devils Affricate posted:

Just tried this out in the Psykhanium. Constantly spinning the mouse wheel like a madman threw off my aim, but still...

gently caress me that's amazing. :blastu:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ogryn needs a premium rotation that includes Zubaz and a Ribera jacket.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Some funny things happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOTCZC7tyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59E1gq7kAEU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

I probably won't bother to set this up, also don't even know if I have the Lucky Bullet blessing, but my mousewheel can free spin if I click a button (G502) so it would be absolutely insane....honestly the biggest reason I won't do this is I expect a hotfix patch the day after I do it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I've been blown by a barrel onto a ledge that had no way back to the main course. I had to jump to my death just so my team could go on.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

tangy yet delightful posted:

I probably won't bother to set this up, also don't even know if I have the Lucky Bullet blessing, but my mousewheel can free spin if I click a button (G502) so it would be absolutely insane....honestly the biggest reason I won't do this is I expect a hotfix patch the day after I do it.

Yeah, that's what I was doing in the video. If you leave your wheel on clicky mode it's a lot harder to get a good rapid fire going.

Lucky Bullet isn't a blessing by the way, it's the name of the status buff you get from the keystone talent Burst Limiter Override. As long as you have an Ogryn with enough points to reach a keystone, and literally any Rumbler or Kickback, you can try it out with zero investment.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 27, 2024

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, that's what I was doing in the video. If you leave your wheel on clicky mode it's a lot harder to get a good rapid fire going.

Lucky Bullet isn't a blessing by the way, it's the name of the status buff you get from the keystone talent Burst Limiter Override. As long as you have an Ogryn with enough points to reach a keystone, and literally any Rumbler or Kickback, you can try it out with zero investment.

They are thinking of the charmed reload blessing. I can see the reason for the confusion.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Any of you karkers want/need to hard mode the karnak twins still?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

kazr posted:

I do need to beat it on hard damnation, i have it unlocked but havent gotten around to it

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

Ah ok gotcha that does make me more likely to gently caress with it then.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

kazr posted:

I need to but I'm not sure if I'll just be a liability, but I want that extra spiky/skully insignia so bad.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
I’m trying out the bolter for the first time after grabbing a solid one from Melk.

Seems bad and hard to use.

Good Modifiers? Good blessings, perks?

This is it right now:

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 27, 2024

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Cretin90 posted:

I’m trying out the bolter for the first time after grabbing a solid one from Melk.

Seems bad and hard to use.

Good Modifiers? Good blessings, perks?

This is it right now:

Your blessings aren't that great, but they're locked, so there's not much to be done with the gun.

Bolters are not in a good spot right now. If you don't like it, just put it on the shelf for the time being.

As an aside, you usually want to ask what to do about the guns before you lock blessings/perks, for maximum flexibility. There's not much to discuss at this point due to how Farshark has set up crafting and refinement of weapons. It's possible that in the future they will allow players to modify more than 2 of the 4 "slots" on a gun. Today is not that day. :smith:

Pinning fire and shattering impact are probably the best blessings, and flak/unarmored/maniac are probably the best perks, although I like having +reload on the bolter, personally.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

bolters still kick pretty hard if you're a non-hammer Zealot, simply because you don't have access to the Plasma Gun. A 15 round mag dump will kill four crushers if you're making headshots.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

kazr posted:

Yep. Done damnation but still need hardmode.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

:same: Don't have it unlocked

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

ijyt posted:

I need to but I'm not sure if I'll just be a liability, but I want that extra spiky/skully insignia so bad.

Jerkface posted:

I do need to beat it on hard damnation, i have it unlocked but havent gotten around to it

Message me on discord kazr6915

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Legit Businessman posted:

Your blessings aren't that great, but they're locked, so there's not much to be done with the gun.

Bolters are not in a good spot right now. If you don't like it, just put it on the shelf for the time being.

As an aside, you usually want to ask what to do about the guns before you lock blessings/perks, for maximum flexibility. There's not much to discuss at this point due to how Farshark has set up crafting and refinement of weapons. It's possible that in the future they will allow players to modify more than 2 of the 4 "slots" on a gun. Today is not that day. :smith:

Pinning fire and shattering impact are probably the best blessings, and flak/unarmored/maniac are probably the best perks, although I like having +reload on the bolter, personally.

Surgical is also a great blessing, so at the least you can eat that bolter when the time comes

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

kazr posted:

i need it as well

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

kazr posted:

Message me on discord kazr6915

Not finding that name on user lookup at all.

Fwiw, I'm denverhoxha

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wait there's a third difficulty for the Karnak twins? I did it on Heresy for the first badge and damnation for the second badge. Is there an auric badge or do you mean beating it on damnation by ringing the bell to skip to the arena fight for "hard mode"?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Wait there's a third difficulty for the Karnak twins? I did it on Heresy for the first badge and damnation for the second badge. Is there an auric badge or do you mean beating it on damnation by ringing the bell to skip to the arena fight for "hard mode"?

Yes. There is a secret mode you can unlock by ringing the bells on the map in a specific sequence (the sequence is shown on way out of the gas room fight).

Hard mode twins gives you a 3rd badge.

This has been discussed since the Twins were implemented. There are a number of strats/builds that aren't "necessary" but given how difficult the hard mode twins are, it's worth checking out to see if it gives you more success.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The defining feature of hard mode is that if you die, you respawn in a sealed-off area and thus can't be rescued.

Also mine guy throws roughly 15,900,781 mines every second

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Not finding that name on user lookup at all.

Fwiw, I'm denverhoxha

https://discord.com/invite/ytyWe3e9aC

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You want to remove the melee twin first, so everyone should focus down the gun twin til his shield breaks, so that when you switch to the melee twin and break her shield, you're already in position to pummel the poo poo out of her. This is useful in regular Damnation too, but a bigger deal here.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've been blown by a barrel onto a ledge that had no way back to the main course. I had to jump to my death just so my team could go on.

Barrels are my arch nemesis. I got the weekly challenge to get through 6 missions with nobody dying. It’s a challenge and doing alright on Malice so far until my dumb rear end managed to slice a barrel and kill two of my group… right before the plague Ogre came. One guy was cursing and I don’t blame him. I truly was the dumb newb. <sigh>

So what is are most impressive autoguns for vets? I’m guessing braced is what I keep seeing take down both armour and regular. They certainly seem to have fire patterns like my recon las. Weirdly my vet is amassing a large arsenal now so going to experiment some more. I’ve got every las variant as well as revolvers, bolter and plas. Dont really like revolver on vet and bolter has become like choosing an extra challenge that I happen to love the sound and explosions. Thinking might be time to stop ignoring the autogun. Suggestions please.

Melee wise I’ve settled on chainsword. Other stuff is ok but nothing beats the satisfying rev of the Emperor’s teeth. Praise His holy name.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You want to remove the melee twin first, so everyone should focus down the gun twin til his shield breaks, so that when you switch to the melee twin and break her shield, you're already in position to pummel the poo poo out of her. This is useful in regular Damnation too, but a bigger deal here.

Most discussion I've seen recommends the opposite, taking out the ranged twin first so that you no longer have to deal with mine spam locking down your movement. At the end of the day though the mission is a DPS check so as long as your team can focus fire together it wouldn't matter which one you take out first.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

DogsInSpace! posted:

So what is are most impressive autoguns for vets? I’m guessing braced is what I keep seeing take down both armour and regular. They certainly seem to have fire patterns like my recon las. Weirdly my vet is amassing a large arsenal now so going to experiment some more. I’ve got every las variant as well as revolvers, bolter and plas. Dont really like revolver on vet and bolter has become like choosing an extra challenge that I happen to love the sound and explosions. Thinking might be time to stop ignoring the autogun. Suggestions please.

As far as braced autoguns go, my preference is the Agripinna VIII. Its the higher damage, lower ROF model, and the bullets from it pierce through one dreg/scav consistently but when I tested the other autoguns their shots only pierced through poxwalkers consistently. Braced autoguns are always a little bit of a risk in public matchmaking though because they struggle against specials behind cover 30+ meters away like scattered gunners, and you might just end up in a lobby with 4 players who have zero precise ranged options, or your one player with good long range shooting is downed (perhaps by 5+ scattered gunners) and it can be very difficult to solve if the enemies are all up/down ledges, out of bounds, etc. The other two braced autoguns, Columnus II and Graia IV seemed very similar to me, both about the same pen, graia has more ammo and ROF but less damage. Braced autoguns generally have better damage output and damage vs armor at the cost of being rather inaccurate. Infantry autoguns are still pretty effective against flak, though, in particular if you can spray at head height.

As far as infantry autoguns go, the Columnus V is the go-to bullet hose. High ROF, large magazines, can be very effective with blessings for +power. If you get it with Dumdum + your choice of fire frenzy (for hordes) / raking fire (for bosses), this can do some major damage. I like the Agripina I, the slower, higher damage option and I find it has the best long-range shooting and hipfire (I like hipfire but personal preference on that one), and the shots can pierce through poxwalkers. The Graia VIII is the middle-of-the-road option. I think most people prefer the columnus.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

isndl posted:

Most discussion I've seen recommends the opposite, taking out the ranged twin first so that you no longer have to deal with mine spam locking down your movement. At the end of the day though the mission is a DPS check so as long as your team can focus fire together it wouldn't matter which one you take out first.

I could see that. I prefer dropping the melee twin first because they're more likely to keep in everyone's face and make it impossible to pick people up.

But either way, you want to break the opposite twin's shield first so you're already all over the one you actually want to eliminate when the linked shields drop.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

DogsInSpace! posted:

So what is are most impressive autoguns for vets?

There are two top meta choices in particular that I really like: The Columnus Infantry autogun and the Agripinaa Braced autogun. Both are very solid options which fill slightly different roles.

The Columnus has an extremely fast fire speed and good accuracy while ADS, giving it some of the best burst damage in the game. Just aim at head level and watch your target get deleted. Fast reload speed. The downsides are low per-bullet penetration, meaning mediocre stagger and damage against flak. Not the most ammo-efficient weapon, but still not bad in this respect.

The Agripinaa is basically the AK-47 from Counter-Strike. In its attempt to emulate a CS weapon, its ADS is effectively worthless. If you’re shooting at anything over 20 yards away your only real option is to fire in 1-3 shot bursts. In every other respect, the weapon is incredibly strong. Excellent sustained damage, large clip, fantastic efficiency, great penetration/stagger, and it even pierces the first unarmored or infested enemy it hits to strike a second target with no damage drop. This includes teammates, so you can still kill that trapper you pinged when a pubbie ogryn steps in front of you.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I could never get into the Infantry Autoguns because of their weird burst fire, and the ADS takes up like half the screen.

I've been having a lot of fun lately with the Columnus Braced Autogun. It kind of reminds me of running around with the M16 in L4D. With both Onslaught and Rending Strikes you can take down pretty much anything.

e: My bad, I was thinking of the Headhunter Autoguns. I guess the choice between the Infantry and the Braced mostly comes down to whether you like using iron sights or not, otherwise they're pretty comparable.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 27, 2024

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love braced guns for my vet, but they are defeated by the Ogryn’s rear end. I have never wished for a toggle for friendly fire so much in my life.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I could see that. I prefer dropping the melee twin first because they're more likely to keep in everyone's face and make it impossible to pick people up.

But either way, you want to break the opposite twin's shield first so you're already all over the one you actually want to eliminate when the linked shields drop.

If you've never done Hard mode, the melee twin is a joke that can be kited and duelled by a single Ogryn, whilst the ranged twin is a loving menace and the mines *need* to go. Our successful run finally killed the ranged twin and it was just immensely easier at that point.

The main difficulty of hard mode though is the specials and elite spawns that are near constant and need to be managed or you will just get overwhelmed. If someone gets knocked it's hard to recover, and if someone dies the mission is a write off because you will just not have the firepower to win.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just did a High Intensity Lights Out Hab Dreyko. It was me and 3 bot for the first half, and then a single baby 30 psyker joined in the second half and we waded through absolute hell and came out alive. Felt great.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I talked about it in the discord but I've been playing only the coolant Repair mission and Hab Dreyko recently to get the charm for getting all the t2 mission type penances. (pls add more of these two mission types fatshark I'm begging you)

that said, Hab Dreyko has kind of grown on me. The mid and finale event are both pretty hectic in a good way imo, and after all the fixes to spawning, player respawns and the escape sequence... Hab Dreyko is kinda fun? The escape sequence feels like an actual escape as your get swarmed from all over, and the finale is genuinely tense and requires people to move as a group and keep control of specialists AND horde alike.

The repair mission though, with the recent patch pubbies just cannot handle the room right after the first medicae station.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hab Dreyko is neat I think yeah but if a pug team cant do objectives it is absolutely horrendous. Fun map tho

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Artificer posted:

Hab Dreyko is neat I think yeah but if a pug team cant do objectives it is absolutely horrendous. Fun map tho

Ironically teams have more trouble with the repair missions. I haven't found a pubbie group yet that's failed the finale because of scanning. One person usually gets it done, even if that person has to be you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I did HISTG Damnation repair yesterday and the team wasn't the greatest, but we soldiered along and I was able to revive people as we progressed. Then we do the finale, we're about 20 seconds away from victory, I have to choose between saving someone down and picking up a fresh rescue. I go for the rescue, and he's loving AFK and the damage I took picking him up and the flood of ragers finishes me off.

Still salty about that. I'd rather have a full team of shitters than someone who disrespects everyone else's time like that.