Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Womyn Capote posted:

Why is the bazaar so stupid. I want to buy a unique bow for my level 70 build but looks like Ill be 100 by the time I have the rep to buy it?

You should be able to buy the base unique (with no legendary potential) almost immediately, just set the max LP to 0 so you can search it easier (some uniques are popular so the LP1s are on sale for cheaper than the base piece because so many people can't buy it). Now if you're talking about LP pieces or legendaries, yeah, that will take grinding.

My biggest complaint is that the search UX is kind of really meh (I didn't think I'd come out of that appreciating poe's trade section, but I do) and having to run to the different vendors is like, an annoying way to introduce friction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

with no exsanguinous =

Still having an absolute blast of course.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Clocks posted:

My biggest complaint is that the search UX is kind of really meh (I didn't think I'd come out of that appreciating poe's trade section, but I do) and having to run to the different vendors is like, an annoying way to introduce friction.

Yeah it's pretty clunky. It's not too hard to get it to find what you want, but it could be a lot easier.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is it possible to item filter based on if I have fewer than X of the affix shard?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No - if I'm running low on an affix shard I usually just put a recolour rule in at the top to show it.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
So now that the dust is starting to settle a bit, how are people feeling about the networking side of things? The posts about it basically stopped so it seems people are actually playing which is great!

We basically had ~4 days of server instability and inconsistency being able to play online, in a game put out by a relatively small studio, in a genre that's famously hard to get the networking part right - so much so that D4, a game made by a multi-billion dollar corporation with > 1000 devs working on it, still had hours-long queues and rampant disconnects the first day or two. And it still has major problems e.g. hitching 5-10 seconds when you change zones because it's loading every inventory from here to the moon. And it's not clear they're ever even going to try to fix it.

I could write a very long post listing the bugs, UI issues, and little things that need to be tweaked/fixed to make the game smoother, but it seems that the extensive planning, consulting, etc they did to anticipate problems with scale was worth it. Once you're in the actual game, playing it, despite supporting more than 5x their previous peak players I have experienced little to no rubber-banding, desyncing, or common issues that seem to plague fast-paced networked games.

I'm playing by myself online though - people who actually have friends, how is the multiplayer experience? I wanna fully rope my buddy in, who was also very disappointed in D4, but we tried the multiplayer in the earlier days and the main thing he remembers about the game is "extremely janky"

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Why isn't merchant's the guild just: "1. Sign up, 2. You can now buy and sell whatever you want."?

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 27, 2024

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Why isn't merchant's the guild just; "1. Sign up, 2. You can now buy and sell whatever you want."?

The CoF progression makes more sense overall and the merchant's progression just feels like their best attempt at making them somewhat balanced with each other.

Got my shadow dagger falconer to 75 and 1 more mono away from empowereds and my only death so far was when I tried to aerial assault to the other side of lagon's beam and didn't make it. I'm finally starting to swap out some of the leveling uniques I had with exalteds and it's going to hurt to give up the huge number of +skills I have from bow/belt/gloves but I think I can probably keep those until I'm doing higher corruption pushing.

I also got a 2 LP Wraithlord helm so I'm pretty sure that will be my next character.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Is there a reason the main warlock builds make most of their abilities switch to physical for bleed instead of fire and necrotic?

A lot of the gear i've gotten so far (lvl 35) has bonus to fire or necrotic and just wondered if it was a switch later or what.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Why isn't merchant's the guild just; "1. Sign up, 2. You can now buy and sell whatever you want."?

My guess is because they wanted the SSF faction to have different tiers of rewards instead of “Select item you want then get it quickly from the moment you sign up” and felt that they’d have to make the two of them equivalent.

Edit: Choosing between Druid or Beastmaster is proving more difficult than I’d thought. I love having many different pets, but I also love being a huge bear (and have the unique that makes it a polar bear)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

beautiful

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
the bazaar allows for earlier peaks over cof, but it isn't early enough and is leading to a handful of poopsockers getting to the end and vacuuming up the best stuff for themselves. turns out the bazaar grind is about half of what it is for cof at least, which is deserved

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Tonetta posted:

the bazaar allows for earlier peaks over cof, but it isn't early enough and is leading to a handful of poopsockers getting to the end and vacuuming up the best stuff for themselves. turns out the bazaar grind is about half of what it is for cof at least, which is deserved

Pulling myself up by my bootstraps to target farm my uniques. :911:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Made it to 25 and went warlock after seeing a fun looking video of someone spamming Chthonic Fissure and destroying everything. Was initially thinking lich but it looked slower and more effort.

Game seems fun thus far, playing offline. Starting to get the affixes and how crafting works. I did snag a loot filter from maxroll but I'm trying to not overly depend on a guide. Just need to get everything autocasting from my spooky gash.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
I know I'm going to run into a wall once I hit Empowered Monoliths, but it's super fun being able to face tank bosses 15 levels higher than me.

Warlocks get so much ward generation right now. I'm just standing and casting in this screenshot and moving only for the big stuff.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Is there a reason the main warlock builds make most of their abilities switch to physical for bleed instead of fire and necrotic?

A lot of the gear i've gotten so far (lvl 35) has bonus to fire or necrotic and just wondered if it was a switch later or what.

It's because scaling multiple types of dot is generally counter productive. Phys conversion lets you put a cohesive dot plan together extremely early on that works as long as you want it to. All the witchfire double overload setups I've seen and am currently using only take ignite passives for triggering double overload for witchfire and not scaling ignite damage at all, the good dots from this setup are all necrotic so you just scale necrotic damage. And you can't do witchfire until the back half of the tree and it takes 15-25 passive points

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Last Epoch: everything autocasting from my spooky gash

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Not sure if a bug or a weird interaction but Elecoe's Abandon has a trait where it consumes potions to power up direct acid flask throws, except it also consumes them when your falcon throws acid flasks. Rather rude.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Alkanos posted:

I know I'm going to run into a wall once I hit Empowered Monoliths, but it's super fun being able to face tank bosses 15 levels higher than me.

Warlocks get so much ward generation right now. I'm just standing and casting in this screenshot and moving only for the big stuff.

As long as you have your resists maxed and you focus on getting towards 100% crit strike avoidance you'll be fine in low corruption empowered monos.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Alkanos posted:

:eyepop: 225 bleed stacks... lol...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
One thing I really do love about this game is as far as I can tell, the developers don't seem to mind overpowered builds. Which makes sense since there is no PVP anyway. At least I haven't seen much in the way of nerfs of godmode level build poo poo. Which I enjoy, I don't play ARPGs for a heavy challenge, I want to turn off my brain and kill hordes of poo poo and get the good brain chemicals from loot dropping.

Like, by the time I get any respectable build idea to empowered monolith level, the only real question is "Can this enemy attack one shot me?" and if the answer is no, I'm melting the screen

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

victrix posted:

Last Epoch: everything autocasting from my spooky gash

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Alkanos posted:

From what I've seen of the absolutely ridiculous ward generation on warlocks later I think you're gonna be fine. Unlike me, the warehouse for non-warlock uniques. :mad:

StarkRavingMad posted:

One thing I really do love about this game is as far as I can tell, the developers don't seem to mind overpowered builds.

They might be sticking to the Diablo-ey (no idea how PoE works) idea of keeping it static for the season then doing the nerfs in between. Playing seasons removes any nerf impact, but it'd still be cooler to see class X suddenly get cool stuff instead of watching class Y getting punched in the groin.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They've said something along the lines of their priority being more to make the old classes on par with the new classes.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Unlocked empowered monoliths today, at level 85.

Got splattered pretty hard, even with maxed res.

Gonna have to figure something out here, heh. Beck to normals for now!

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Figure I'll fire this up tomorrow so I rolled over to Maxroll to see what some of the better leveling specs were and noticed each build guide had its own early level video. Neat, I thought -- then noticed they were all named different but were literally the same video.

Welp

Still not sure if I wanna to paladin or void night or necromancer or what. Do I want to cast spells? I'd play falconer but with everyone calling if so OP my history with these sorts of game makes me think a huge nerf bat is coming.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

xZAOx posted:

Unlocked empowered monoliths today, at level 85.

Got splattered pretty hard, even with maxed res.

Gonna have to figure something out here, heh. Beck to normals for now!

Im up to the last standard mono and im still only level 75. Wonder if im going to have to grind them out a bit first.

What are your defenses like?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ok i'm sitting at 12.3k ward. 7.1k armour, 126 str and int. still need to slam str on relic and boots. and block effectiveness on shield. and a +4 helm on a better base.

in other news, this won't be fun

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

First char was a spellblade and that was great fun, took a break and came back now for 1.0 and loving the game.

Trying a warlock (like everyone else apparently) and it's super fun. Question on bone curse, are you finding it worthwhile?

I'm speccing hard into necrotic and building all around that, and the feedback loops of skills which cast bone curse, thinking of speccing it into the single hit big damage version since I have so many methods of applying it - should work nicely right?

Also trying the bone armor and health regen over ward, but I don't think it's working too good for survivability.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
More like Wardlock amirite :haw:

Bone curse is something I just kind of throw on things because it costs pretty much nothing and generally buffs/debuffs as intended. It mostly just autocasts off Chaos Bolts so it's not something I think about much. It'll be something I eventually spec out for some massive offensive or defensive option that does more heavy lifting.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I just finished the campaign for the first time. Network has been solid for the last day. I don't know what I should be doing though but it sounds like monoliths basically? The CoF stuff seems like it'll level itself no matter what I do but what about the prophecies? How important are those? Anything else I should focus on? I know I need to watch a crafting video because I have very little idea what I'm doing in that regard and now there's purple items dropping that I don't know what to do with, lol.

I am a bird person and I specced into the umbral blades build that was linked. I'd rather be running a bow build with my birdie but this is silly powerful with my garbage gear.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Not sure if a bug or a weird interaction but Elecoe's Abandon has a trait where it consumes potions to power up direct acid flask throws, except it also consumes them when your falcon throws acid flasks. Rather rude.

Yea I was thinking / hoping that would only trigger on direct casts. Kind of a bummer.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Suburban Dad posted:

I just finished the campaign for the first time. Network has been solid for the last day. I don't know what I should be doing though but it sounds like monoliths basically? The CoF stuff seems like it'll level itself no matter what I do but what about the prophecies? How important are those? Anything else I should focus on? I know I need to watch a crafting video because I have very little idea what I'm doing in that regard and now there's purple items dropping that I don't know what to do with, lol.

I am a bird person and I specced into the umbral blades build that was linked. I'd rather be running a bow build with my birdie but this is silly powerful with my garbage gear.

You can use a bow with the umbral/shadow build if you have the unique that gives a bunch of skills to your falcon abilities or some other good bow. The endgame builds switch to dagger and shield because the specific unique shield they use gets it’s huge block chance converted to glancing blow so it’s easy to get 100% glancing which is just a flat 35% damage reduction on any hits you take. The low level unique quiver used to be able to roll with 50% glancing which was nerfed to 30% but that’s still plenty until you start pushing higher corruption levels.

Prophecies are really good. Eventually you can use greater lenses from the vendor in the observatory to block prophecies from areas of the game you don’t want to do. For example my warlock never sees prophecies from the campaign or the arena, everything is either generic, monolith, or dungeon. And then you can just stack a bunch of prophecies that reward you with whatever items you are trying to farm to progress your build and multiply your chances of getting whatever specific unique or exalted item you’re trying to get.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
just hit 90 and got my first bit of juice

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Suprfli6 posted:

You can use a bow with the umbral/shadow build if you have the unique that gives a bunch of skills to your falcon abilities or some other good bow. The endgame builds switch to dagger and shield because the specific unique shield they use gets it’s huge block chance converted to glancing blow so it’s easy to get 100% glancing which is just a flat 35% damage reduction on any hits you take. The low level unique quiver used to be able to roll with 50% glancing which was nerfed to 30% but that’s still plenty until you start pushing higher corruption levels.

Prophecies are really good. Eventually you can use greater lenses from the vendor in the observatory to block prophecies from areas of the game you don’t want to do. For example my warlock never sees prophecies from the campaign or the arena, everything is either generic, monolith, or dungeon. And then you can just stack a bunch of prophecies that reward you with whatever items you are trying to farm to progress your build and multiply your chances of getting whatever specific unique or exalted item you’re trying to get.

I mean you can hold a bow as a stat stick, but what's the point if you never use it?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Am I correct in that Experimental gear can be used instead of Exalted gear for crafting a Legendary? Which means that I should save all the Experimental gear that I find?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paladin question: should I stick with Lunge or spec Healing Hands into a traversal skill?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Am I correct in that Experimental gear can be used instead of Exalted gear for crafting a Legendary? Which means that I should save all the Experimental gear that I find?

I mean, you should save it if it's good. You definitely shouldn't be saving every random exalted either.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I swear, every day there's a completely new online issue.

This time the game is having 300ms ping spikes to the closest server, despite the server selection saying that it should be 20ms.

EDIT: Ah, seems like the ping drops to normal as soon as I leave the hub.
They should just remove all the other players.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I swear, every day there's a completely new online issue.

This time the game is having 300ms ping spikes to the closest server, despite the server selection saying that it should be 20ms.

It's a little funny. Last night the zone transitions were instant for me but I started getting some rubber banding that I never got before.