Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Getting some real Fred Willard vibes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Trump is a Horned Rat kind of poo poo. Ruin, hunger, ambition, a big fat loving rat

EDIT: but a bad rat, not a cute good fancy rat, settle down rat-havers

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 27, 2024

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

War Wizard posted:

Wtf is the context of this? :psyduck:

Today's oral argument about FL and TX laws defending Nazis on YouTube and Facebook. Alito made some point and asked what the legal weight of his question was. He got a vague answer, and changed the analogy, asking the lawyer to consider if YouTube were a newspaper, what would the legal weight of his point be then?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Squiggle posted:

Trump is a Horned Rat kind of poo poo. Ruin, hunger, ambition, a big fat loving rat

He also has kind of a rat smile, lol

That picture with Romney was definitely because Trump was telepathically ringing a bell 13 times nearby and saying "yes-yes" a lot

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

CPA Hell posted:

On rewatching that episode a couple of years ago, it made me realize something. Conspiracy theories are the mythology of illiterate people who don’t know how anything works.

Conspiracy theories are a way for dumb people to try to comprehend the world around them and feel more important than they really. What better way to scream, "I MATTER" to the world than to Mary Sue yourself into whatever current events people are talking about?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

credburn posted:

"A really good use of ______ meme" is the same as just farting into the wind. You're just sort of quoting someone more clever than you and giving no credit. And you trained apes just clap and honk at nothing.

edit: not you, Toxic Mental

it was a perfect use of it, gently caress u buddy. It was good, just laugh.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

More than a breadbox

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/CBoTheEggman/status/1762242906809586109

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Something something my ignorance is worth the same as your intelligence

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

fwiw it seems rosendale is denying that he dropped out due to impregnating a 20 year old... probably because he made her get an abortion or something

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

And is 63 years old

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

"if only i waited till she was 20..."

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Toxic Mental posted:

it was a perfect use of it, gently caress u buddy. It was good, just laugh.

The single perfect use of it was the first time it was used. Every subsequent use is unoriginal garbage.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Strong Sauce posted:

a us soldier doused himself and set himself on fire in protest over palestine and loomer was like, "good i'm glad he's dead for supporting that terrorist organization"

meanwhile we have footage of her trying to seduce nazis with her tits or whatever.

gently caress that dumb piece of poo poo

They’re honking and hooting to celebrate the death of the mentally ill guy who died slowly and horribly protesting genocide, then turning around and crying about how unfair it was that a violent traitor got headshotted while she was breaking into a room to kill politicians.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wait just a goldanged minute.

Do you mean to tell me that Republicans are raping their own children

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Henry Rollins' looking rough.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And is 63 years old

Maaan 20 year old, :cmon: (literally)

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Frank Frank posted:

Conspiracy theories are a way for dumb people to try to comprehend the world around them and feel more important than they really. What better way to scream, "I MATTER" to the world than to Mary Sue yourself into whatever current events people are talking about?

I was explaining to a friend of mine about how I had to turn off an episode of Knowledge Fight (a show that takes on the insane claims of Alex Jones) because Alex was decrying the lack of coverage by mainstream media on modern day slavery in Africa by...citing half a dozen articles from mainstream news outlets. He does the same thing a few times every day, but the unwillingness to acknowledge that his entire understanding of things comes from the same mainstream sources he claims aren't covering the issue just hurt my head.

People like Alex Jones are simply so stupid that they can't recognize when they are disengaging from reality. They have an idea and everything they see will be contorted to fit their story. The number of times where he has to change his reads of articles or even headlines to conform to the narrative he's telling is staggering, and despite directly seeing things that say he's wrong, he'll keep the story going by lying rather than admit he should have read beyond the headline.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Thanks, I’ll never not see Evil Henry Rollins again.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
montana republicans seem to score high on the scum scale more often than not

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Lazyfire posted:

Alex was decrying the lack of coverage by mainstream media on modern day slavery in Africa by...citing half a dozen articles from mainstream news outlets.

My favorite is when they say the media lied to them, but it's only right wing media that they were reading. It's their own media doing the lying but somehow it's everyone else doing it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ignore the weird Twitter account just wanted to find something embeddable

https://twitter.com/Breaking_4_News/status/1762282445083210146?t=MJro2xr9m36w5BxsqChRrg&s=19

https://abc7chicago.com/judge-rules-nathan-wades-attorney-must-take-the-stand-again-in-tru/14471251/

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Nessus posted:

Seems plausible. But now he has lost the changers favor.

fish hands when

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

credburn posted:

The single perfect use of it was the first time it was used. Every subsequent use is unoriginal garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4goJID2X9U

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stoatbringer posted:

Blackadder Goes Forth (and please please make sure to watch the final episode)
It's so weird as an American who first found out about Rowan Atkinson through Mr Bean and then watching Blackadder. Same with learning about Hugh Laurie from his work on House and his completely different character in Blackadder.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lazyfire posted:

I was explaining to a friend of mine about how I had to turn off an episode of Knowledge Fight (a show that takes on the insane claims of Alex Jones) because Alex was decrying the lack of coverage by mainstream media on modern day slavery in Africa by...citing half a dozen articles from mainstream news outlets. He does the same thing a few times every day, but the unwillingness to acknowledge that his entire understanding of things comes from the same mainstream sources he claims aren't covering the issue just hurt my head.

People like Alex Jones are simply so stupid that they can't recognize when they are disengaging from reality. They have an idea and everything they see will be contorted to fit their story. The number of times where he has to change his reads of articles or even headlines to conform to the narrative he's telling is staggering, and despite directly seeing things that say he's wrong, he'll keep the story going by lying rather than admit he should have read beyond the headline.

It's called being a narcissist

Right wing media constantly sends messages to your brain of how smart and special and handsome and virile you are, eat these brain pills and stop the evil commie Muslim Mexican Satanist aethist Zionist Reptillian libs.

That's all it is: a bunch of narcs grifting each other all the way down, and Trump is their god of Narcissists

Someone brought up the Chaos God's thing with Trump: their champions actually deeply believe in something.

He believes in nothing. He creates nothing. He only believes in power, avarice, domination, and pride. The man is entirely motivated by his insecurities and sadism. He's entropy and destructive narcissistic impulse given flesh.

I don't know what the gently caress he and his cult are, but it's scarier than any Chaos God

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 27, 2024

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

It's so weird as an American who first found out about Rowan Atkinson through Mr Bean and then watching Blackadder. Same with learning about Hugh Laurie from his work on House and his completely different character in Blackadder.

Not weird when you're watching House and suddenly go "Wait, that's one of the henchmen from 101 Dalmatians!"

Then Blackadder and A Bit of Fry & Laurie are nowhere near as jarring when you see them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

doesn't sound like it's something good

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

cr0y posted:

I'm humble enough to acknowledge when I don't know something and then ask questions that might educate me.

I guess to be more specific, for example was Hitler personally wealthy while he was simultaneously railing against the wealthy? Was he a German elite was also labelling himself as the person who understood the non-elites problems?

These are genuine questions, if anyone has any good documentaries that I could watch on my day off that sort of lay out his rise to power I'd be down to check them out.

I haven't caught up to the thread yet but just wanted to throw a recommendation out. Sorry if it's been posted or covered.

This is a brief overview of Hitler's finances and while it may not be what you're looking for in terms of his espoused ideology I think it will provide some useful insight moving forward regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mbSBkubzg

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TulliusCicero posted:

It's called being a narcissist

Right wing media constantly sends messages to your brain of how smart and special and handsome and virile you are, eat these brain pills and stop the evil commie Muslim Mexican Satanist aethist Zionist Reptillian libs.

That's all it is: a bunch of narcs grifting each other all the way down, and Trump is their god of Narcissists

Someone brought up the Chaos God's thing with Trump: their champions actually deeply believe in something.

He believes in nothing. He creates nothing. He only believes in power, avarice, domination, and pride. The man is entirely motivated by his insecurities and sadism. He's entropy and destructive narcissistic impulse given flesh.

I don't know what the gently caress he and his cult are, but it's scarier than any Chaos God

Yeah they’re completely divorced from reality or critical thinking, especially when it comes to occams razor.

Case in point: Earlier today some obscure Twitter account posted a video of a guy claiming to know an assassin hired by Ukraine to kill Tucker Carlson while in Russia.

The video is incredibly obviously deepfaked and dubbed agitprop distributed by the Kremlin, and anyone who’s not breathtakingly stupid will immediately realize Ukraine might be a little too busy with fighting a war against a violent invader to organize the killing of some sneering faced dipshit with a vlog.

And Russia, who DOES routinely carry out political killings, definitely knows that their Elon-assisted propaganda is reaching trump supporters who are so loving stupid that they’ll uncritically guzzle any propaganda released by an enemy nation, no matter how plainly fake, as long as it makes them feel like they’re owning the libs.

Still, all the replies are simpletons going “yeah well you can’t PROVE it’s not real!!” (ignoring the poor lip syncing and, you know, thinking about it for five loving seconds) because everything is goddamn dumb.

Edit: with link

https://x.com/krassenstein/status/1762210546340790277?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Hazo fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 27, 2024

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Trump doesn't serve the Ruinous Powers because he's the GEOTUS :smug:

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018
Congress doesn’t return till Wednesday. Partial shutdown Friday night begins for VA, HUD, USDA, DOT, and DOE unless there’s a continue resolution (:lol: at the idea of a regular budget). Oh, but we have time for pointless impeachment procedures.

Johnson is creepy AND bad.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RockWhisperer posted:

Congress doesn’t return till Wednesday. Partial shutdown Friday night begins for VA, HUD, USDA, DOT, and DOE unless there’s a continue resolution (:lol: at the idea of a regular budget). Oh, but we have time for pointless impeachment procedures.

Johnson is creepy AND bad.

Lmao they are going to shut down the government and do nothing during an election

Yeah sure okay :munch:

Vampire Panties posted:

Trump doesn't serve the Ruinous Powers because he's the GEOTUS :smug:

The Ruinous Powers would find him utterly abhorrent

I would say he's like a Tyranid, but even they have community

...like a particular nasty Dark Eldar?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hazo posted:

Yeah they’re completely divorced from reality or critical thinking, especially when it comes to occams razor.

Case in point: Earlier today some obscure Twitter account posted a video of a guy claiming to know an assassin hired by Ukraine to kill Tucker Carlson while in Russia.

The video is incredibly obviously deepfaked and dubbed agitprop distributed by the Kremlin, and anyone who’s not breathtakingly stupid will immediately realize Ukraine might be a little too busy with fighting a war against a violent invader to organize the killing of some sneering faced dipshit with a vlog.

And Russia, who DOES routinely carry out political killings, definitely knows that their Elon-assisted propaganda is reaching trump supporters who are so loving stupid that they’ll uncritically guzzle any propaganda released by an enemy nation, no matter how plainly fake, as long as it makes them feel like they’re owning the libs.

Still, all the replies are simpletons going “yeah well you can’t PROVE it’s not real!!” (ignoring the poor lip syncing and, you know, thinking about it for five loving seconds) because everything is goddamn dumb.

Edit: with link

https://x.com/krassenstein/status/1762210546340790277?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Stupid Ukraine. They could hire almost any American to do it for $40

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'd do it for free 🙋‍♂️

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

credburn posted:

"A really good use of ______ meme" is the same as just farting into the wind. You're just sort of quoting someone more clever than you and giving no credit. And you trained apes just clap and honk at nothing.

edit: not you, Toxic Mental

I’m not clapping and honking at nothing I’m clapping and honking for the person farting into the wind.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Also the idea of Ukraine, a smaller country that is against all odds holding off a Russian invasion, needing to hire a random rear end in a top hat in Russia to kill someone is so insanely stupid that it hurts.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'd do it for $40,but you'd have to give me a bit to come up withthe $40, end of the month, ya know.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I support Ukraine's bold plan of Denazifying Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m alt-right, hard-right, and I don’t care who knows it.

But why is it that my penis can no longer get hard