Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I missed the poison cave on the weeping peninsula and the poison cave in southern Liurnia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I missed this shield in weeping peninsula. Nothing else is hidden this way!

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Shield+of+the+Guilty

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I missed the entrance to the forested area on the map in upper siofra river.

On my faith character.

Gee this game doesn't have any high tier attack spells for faith huh..?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I only found this because some messages suggested I try jumping. But Unendurable Frenzy is hidden in a similar-ish way.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I missed the entrance to the forested area on the map in upper siofra river.

On my faith character.

Gee this game doesn't have any high tier attack spells for faith huh..?

dragonmaw is the most damaging single hit spell in the game from what i recall, although you have to some legwork setting up physical damage boosts to make it truly comical

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Incants are a bit weird because all the best spells have sub-30 faith requirements. Sorcery meanwhile has like >60 Int spells and staffs dangled in front of them in the 2nd zone of the game, and all the fun ones and nukes require 50+. No incant requires more than like 45, and it's a PvP spell that's frankly bad. And the best spells with 80 faith are really fuckin good. We've all seen what Ancient Dragon Lightning Strike can do, but did you know it only requires 26 faith to cast? That Pest Threads only requires 11 faith? I think the highest requirement spell I regularly used on my pure faith guy was Crucible Horns at 27

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Elden Ring Incants are just FromSoft apologizing for nerfing the poo poo out of lightning bolts in 2.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I stumbled on this by accident so I made sure to leave a message on the floor for others because that poo poo was well hidden.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Incants are a bit weird because all the best spells have sub-30 faith requirements. Sorcery meanwhile has like >60 Int spells and staffs dangled in front of them in the 2nd zone of the game, and all the fun ones and nukes require 50+. No incant requires more than like 45, and it's a PvP spell that's frankly bad. And the best spells with 80 faith are really fuckin good. We've all seen what Ancient Dragon Lightning Strike can do, but did you know it only requires 26 faith to cast? That Pest Threads only requires 11 faith? I think the highest requirement spell I regularly used on my pure faith guy was Crucible Horns at 27

crucible horns/tail are about as high as you need to go in most cases, especially since you can park it at 30 and go 45 in STR or ARC with different catalysts to get about the same effect as going whole hog into FTH

my guess is that they didn't want to have The Ultimate Magic in the same way that sorcery has them since it's such a catch-all style of magic, so having elden stars or scarlet aeonia be the best spells can gently caress with the thematic or mechanical fantasy of someone heavily investing into dragon communion stuff, whereas someone investing heavily into sorcery is de facto assumed to want to shoot increasingly large blue lasers

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I distinctly remember missing the poison cave in southern Liurnia before going back for it. I also don't remember taking the incredibly weird route up to the Boltdrake talisman +2 on my first playthrough. I remember wondering how the hell you get to that item, but somehow I didn't remember the Crucible Knight on the way. Unless of course by sheer luck that suicidal idiot killed himself before I got there, I guess that's possible.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fister Roboto posted:

I kinda miss pre-nerf Radahn. Just an utter monster, even if you summon everyone.

Me too.😔

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vermain posted:

dragonmaw is the most damaging single hit spell in the game from what i recall, although you have to some legwork setting up physical damage boosts to make it truly comical

Also does 45 stance damage which is more than a charged attack from a colossal hammer.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I still reflexively panic whenever phase 2 Radahn brings out the meatballs

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I didn't really see anything wrong with pre-nerf Radahn except the tendency of his hovering missiles to one-shot you with no obvious response.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The major issue with pre-nerf Radahn is that to make up for you summoning so many people his hitboxes had little connection to his...anything else so that he could reliably hit everything in front of him. They probably could have just tightened those up without necessarily nerfing his damage but eh, high damage/high health bosses tend to be boring anyway.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

They toned down his poise damage too quite a bit iirc, which I thought was the real issue because GODDAMN lol good luck getting back up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vermain posted:

Yeah there's plenty of use in the build but I would have liked to know about that one mega faith spell in the roots area that I think you can only get to by finding the hidden path at the back of the hidden path in siofra river if only to justify putting too many points in it. Sorcery gives you a pile of poo poo you want 50 int for and I was wondering where the gently caress all my idiot faith investment gear was.

Also kinda wish there were more things you could do with pure caster int/faith other than the sword of night and flame, which admittedly is pretty good, but a couple of int/faith spells would be welcome.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 27, 2024

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I enjoyed all of the dungeons but not the fact that an entire class of them only gave out spirit ashes as rewards.
Yeah, as someone who never uses them it's always disappointment, though I do like reading the descriptions.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

John Murdoch posted:

I like the dungeons, but hate the imps.
Yeah, this is more what I meant when I brought this up. You have to enter most rooms wary of an imp ambush and I simply don't enjoy it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

"Tell the others—tell them how brightly a fire jar burns."

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

At least one other item is, the twinblade in Dragonburnt Ruins. That's the one I'm positive one, I think I remember there being at least one more in Altus?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I hope every other dungeon in the DLC is a mindfuck dungeon.

They should also finally put a Mimic at the start of the DLC and have it be the only one in the entire game.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guard counter solves imps and dogs. A 3.5 weight 100% phys kite shield is the most universally OP item in the game that isn't a flask, but blocking with your weapon and just dealing with the chip damage to get the guard counter works just as well

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah there's plenty of use in the build but I would have liked to know about that one mega faith spell in the roots area that I think you can only get to by finding the hidden path at the back of the hidden path in siofra river if only to justify putting too many points in it. Sorcery gives you a pile of poo poo you want 50 int for and I was wondering where the gently caress all my idiot faith investment gear was.

Also kinda wish there were more things you could do with pure caster int/faith other than the sword of night and flame, which admittedly is pretty good, but a couple of int/faith spells would be welcome.

This is the main thing I'm hoping for from the DLC, well that and for a book weapon like the stonebrains have

You're probably thinking of Elden Stars, but there's another high requirement incant from a boss in that area, only it's also in the "mostly for PvP but not even great there." Elden Stars is a really cool spell that I wish was better but is probably impossible to balance

I think the only incant from underground I remember using was Ice Lightning, which I loved, but it cost way too much for how absurdly unreliable the damage is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the HQ Elden Ring icons loving rule

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

verbal enema posted:

the HQ Elden Ring icons loving rule

you can't fool me, this is a math textbook cover from 1993

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

I love these little dudes.

Why do they cost HP like the Mimic Tear though?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

ELDER RING

I HAVE FOUND YOU

............CEASE YOUR GRASP UPON THIS WORLD

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jokes on you, now YOU'RE the elder ring!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Annath posted:

the lore of the jars is that they have the meat of powerful warriors stuffed in 'em to make them run, so i assume the the HP sacrifice is an extension of that

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Annath posted:

Jars are fed with meat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

the lack of dual catalysts is odd given that it's been a feature of every other game, and there's enough downsides to trying to do dual FTH/INT as it is that i can't imagine it would be particularly overpowered

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Jokes on you, now YOU'RE the elder ring!

FRAGSSS********turns into dust

.............rises from da dust....Heh Heh Heh

Now a lot of my mesh faces have a red flame material applied. You're hosed.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

roomtone posted:

FRAGSSS********turns into dust

.............rises from da dust....Heh Heh Heh

Now a lot of my mesh faces have a red flame material applied. You're hosed.

Now you get to be the boss for a thousand years until somebody beats you up and a space slug turns you into a sword

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
With how much I love starting as the Confessor I really need to get around to doing a run with the Twinblade. It's just so hard to make one into a Dex build since they literally start with one of the best STR swords in the game. It's like the game is telling me to embrace the beastman,

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Now you get to be the boss for a thousand years until somebody beats you up and a space slug turns you into a sword

and that's why people got bored of dragon ball z i mean dark souls i mean elder rang i mean eh

look the point is, this guy....he's the arderr rang....

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

roomtone posted:

and that's why people got bored of dragon ball z i mean dark souls i mean elder rang i mean eh

look the point is, this guy....he's the arderr rang....

DLC? Let me just sign in at level 1.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I watched like 10 hours of life videos and it has really helped the game make sense. Like simple questions such as why am I here. And who are these people. And why is this here.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

verbal enema posted:

I like to envision getting one of Alexander with a similar caption.

"Beasts, Champions, or Gods. I will show them all how a Warrior Jar fights!"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I hate Maliketh. He’s just too fast for me. I can’t react to his attacks in time to dodge them, and for me memorizing attack patterns so I know what dodges to do in advance is the opposite of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

How are people cheesing the Caelid bell bearing hunter from the shack rooftop? When I try it he just runs up right below me where I can't hit him. Doesn't help how zooming in on things below you in Elden Ring makes it look like you have a totally clear shot but then you somehow hit the ledge you're standing on instead

e: managed to whittle him down a bit eventually using target lock shooting instead of trying to zoom in. still had to constantly wait for him to reset every time he ran up to the shack. got him to about 40% then ran out of patience, buffed up, and finished him off the old fashioned way

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 27, 2024