Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Black Noise posted:

Quite possibly. Your best bet would be the mod-support channel in the discord but its at 5min slow mode due to discord drama. I had to do a full modsettings reset to try and figure out what the culprit mod was and then suddenly everything just worked...

Also this is usually how you know someone uploaded a race swap on Nexus

For the record that gold number does not mean I endorsed it.

By this do you mean refreshing them all? deleting and re-adding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Shard posted:

Looks like Larian had to clap back at some toxic fans. Sad to hear that.

https://kotaku.com/baldurs-gate-3-bg3-mod-support-harassment-toxicity-1851286783

Its not toxic 'fans'. Its a bunch of titty armor modders on their discord with unwarranted self importance who wrote an "open letter to Larian Staff" and one took down the main framework mod as if its holding the game hostage. People are just posting up mirrors because lol its a mod of someone elses game and its files on the internet. They're on strike. They want more "empowerment." its hilarious.

You can look it up yourselves, I'll not link directly, but it even has this gem:

quote:

Signed,
We do not condone contacting/harrassing modders who did not sign. Please respect their choice.

I am absolutely glad Larian has told them that their mods are not the priority and essentially told them to go gently caress themselves.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Medullah posted:

The fact that the Owlbear Cub and Scratch become friends and play together in camp was well worth the full price I paid for this game. And there's an achievement for petting them both at the same time that only 20% of you monsters have

In our mp bg3 game last night we accidentally killed the owlbear while it was in camp.

Also our wildshape druid took offense to scratch growling at him.

Hasn't been a great playthrough for pets.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think a lot of younger gamers are encountering the concept of modding for the first time via this game and don’t have the experience of knowing that patches breaking mods is just how it always works and you just have to deal with it because it’s not the dev’s responsibility to support your third-party content.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Relentlessboredomm posted:

By this do you mean refreshing them all? deleting and re-adding?

Ok so the person who wrote the guide to establishing a baseline took it down. This has nothing to do with titties like the above OP is claiming but is some typical discord BS someone was rude in a position of authority. They gained that position after dating a community manager everyone starts fighting. Dude issues generic apology and bans are upheld. I didn't read any of that because admittedly discord is super loving cliquey so when the green names start fighting the blue names I can only post gifs. Pushing to live on a Tuesday so you don't have a weekend of chaos seemed like the smarter thing to do but the "we demand kisses" audience was too loud. Also they could just use beta branches

This depends a lot on what you have installed and I'm going off memory because it wasn't archived but I've had to do this a bunch. YMMV

Open your appdata\local\larian studios\baldurs gate 3 folder. Go inside the folder that says mods and delete everything or just drag the contents to a spare folder on your desktop or something.
You also need to go into player profile in the same bg3 directory and delete modsettings.lsx

Go into your steam install directory in the Baldurs Gate 3 Folder find the folder called data leave the individual files alone delete every folder that isn't "Localization" \

Go to the bin folder in your BG3 steam install

If you have installed Party Limit Begone Multiplayer Patch then you need to remove all Baldurs Gate 3 exes. So bg3.exe Bg3_dx11.exe and whichever one has the .backup name.

If you have script extender installed then you need to remove Dwrite.dll

If you have Native Mod Loader installed you need to remove bink2w64.dll then rename bink2w64_original.dll to bink2w64.dll

Verify the intergity of your files on steam. It will detect the EXEs are missing and download them again.

Launch a game and start a new campaign on the nautiloid to make sure the game is clean.

Invite your friend to see if they can join. From there you have to install your mods in small batches to see which one is causing the issue.

Entropic posted:

I think a lot of younger gamers are encountering the concept of modding for the first time via this game and don’t have the experience of knowing that patches breaking mods is just how it always works and you just have to deal with it because it’s not the dev’s responsibility to support your third-party content.

In the good ol days you could just tell steam "I'm fine with this version of my paid content" The update on launch toggle has definitely tripped me up.

But I'm not on twitter so don't @ me

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I've been following Devora Wilde's playthrough of BG3, and it's honestly the most entertaining out of anyone's because she is so new to video games. She slaughtered half the Grove before she even found Minthara because she was like, "that person I just talked to was slightly rude to me, let's kill them."

Should have expected that from Lae'zel, really.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've done so many playthroughs I've started not getting every companion. I eat gales hand I don't talk to wyll and I might not take karlach anymore

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Are they going to put Drizzt into the game

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Medullah posted:

The fact that the Owlbear Cub and Scratch become friends and play together in camp was well worth the full price I paid for this game. And there's an achievement for petting them both at the same time that only 20% of you monsters have

I'm still reeling that I don't have the Owlbear Cub because I was a good guy who didn't kill his fuckin' mother, you monsters!

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Geekboy posted:

I have now completed the game at least once with every class.

Even though I'm not personally fond of bards, I think my silliest run was Tav Warlock, Karlach Monk, Lae'zel Fighter, Astarion Bard. We had 3 short rests a long rest and Astarion rarely ran out of spells because everything just died so fast with the other three characters being at full power for most fights.

I don't know how I'm not sick of this game yet, but I'm not. This is my favorite game of all time.

I just finished up a honour mode run as, though I did not mind leaning into the OP builds to do it after a more casual approach in previous runs. Did Asterion MC as Sword Bard, Karlach Monk, Laezel TB Barbarian Thrower and Shadowheart light cleric until her story wrapped up in act 2, then Minthara Paladin the rest of the way.

I normally don't do the honour mode sort of thing, but I did really like how it forced me to commit - I lost Gale to a couple bad roles immediately and thought about restarting, but I had managed to get the Everburn Blade and didn't want to bother. Then I really seriously thought about restarting when the Owlbear cub bugged, I guess because I killed the parents in the wrong order? I didn't want to miss out on that guy, but plowed on anyway. I managed to get every other outcome I wanted right up until mid act 3 when the wheels came the gently caress off.

Recruited Yurgir to help vs Raphael, the jerk uses the first turn of the combat to knock Korilla down to single digit health then he hides. I use half my barb thrower's first turn to throw Korilla into the corner and knock her out. Raphael uses the next turn to one shot Hope making saving Korilla loving pointless anyway, and thus began the most intense loving 40 minutes of video games I've played in a long rear end time. 10+ revivify scrolls, all my superior potions, skin of my teeth I get through it.

Boy did I feel loving stupid for my post a couple pages back kinda laughing at someone who thought killing the pillars made Raphael stronger. I had badly misunderstood what happened, I thought it just dropped his AC lol.

Then I hosed up the Minsc fight, still don't know how, he fell down knocked out and died to a tick of fire damage the next turn. He hadn't taken fire damage, and there didn't seem to be any source near his body but I likely overlooked something. Byebye Jaheira too, there was no conversation option for "I don't know what happened I tried to so loving hard to save him I have no idea how he died"

Then to cap it off I got cocky in the Iron Throne and Ravenguard paid the price.

Limped across the finish taking no chances at all through the last few encounters but came away feeling more satisfied with that run than any video game I'd played in a long, long time.

I've had many thoughts about the most broken items across my time playing bg3 but I think the real answer is https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Helmet_of_Arcane_Acuity -- why yes I would like +10 to spell attack rolls and +10 to spell save DC as soon as I've taken an attack action with a couple inspirations on my bard.

I do though want to backup whoever said not to bother with Minthara until she's patched better, everyone else was such a dick about me becoming a Vampire Lord I thought at least Minthy would have my back but nope, just the same stupid spoiler comment she'd been saying about the Emperor since act 2. She occasionally has comments to say when you're out and about and a couple fun interactions in the wyrms crossing area, but the dialogue when you speak to her directly was bugged out almost 100% of the time to be the same.

Victory Lap fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 27, 2024

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shockeh posted:

I'm still reeling that I don't have the Owlbear Cub because I was a good guy who didn't kill his fuckin' mother, you monsters!

I didn’t either. Gob squad handled it.

NellsRelo
Dec 9, 2013

wit posted:

Its not toxic 'fans'. Its a bunch of titty armor modders on their discord with unwarranted self importance who wrote an "open letter to Larian Staff" and one took down the main framework mod as if its holding the game hostage. People are just posting up mirrors because lol its a mod of someone elses game and its files on the internet. They're on strike. They want more "empowerment." its hilarious.

You can look it up yourselves, I'll not link directly, but it even has this gem:

I am absolutely glad Larian has told them that their mods are not the priority and essentially told them to go gently caress themselves.

One of the modders (Community Library & Compatibility Framework) who signed the letter here, the letter is the culmination of several months of trying to get Larian to empower their moderation team and for the community team to provide actual moderation guidelines to moderators (none exist).

Since then, they've hired a new PR & Communications director, so we're hopeful that there'll be positive change soon.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

wit posted:

lol it was only a matter of time before this game got itself an Arthmoor

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

NellsRelo posted:

One of the modders (Community Library & Compatibility Framework) who signed the letter here, the letter is the culmination of several months of trying to get Larian to empower their moderation team and for the community team to provide actual moderation guidelines to moderators (none exist).

Since then, they've hired a new PR & Communications director, so we're hopeful that there'll be positive change soon.

I actually tried to read the open letter you signed, but I couldn't finish it because the sense of entitlement overwhelmed me and I fell upon my fainting couch demanding a scented hand-kerchief to mop my perspired brow.

No one brought me a scented hand-kerchief and now I am considering writing an open letter to purveyors of hand-kerchiefs to complain.

Edit: I read most of it. I am impressed how annoyed I have become over an issue that does not concern me at all. Kudos to those modders for being a part of something that so perfectly answers the question, "What do people mean when they say 'first-world problem'?"

rojay fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 27, 2024

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
What is better, a throwing barbarian/rogue/warior or a full throwing eldritch knight? The barbarian is the better over multiple rounds and can inflict knockdown. The fighter has a better first round of combat burst and more utility. I lean the barbarian but the warrior can probably do better optimally geared.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I’d probably give the edge to the barbarian myself, since prone also lets you shut down some legendary actions so having more people who can apply it is good, but they’re pretty close.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Geekboy posted:

Wyll is the romance I doubt I'll do again because he's just such a good boy and it's ... pretty boring. Look, if you want the knight in shining armor he's definitely your guy. He is probably more interesting as an Origin character choice than a team member. He's a perfect protagonist. Kinda too perfect.

I did Wyll for my evil run. I think weirdly he's actually an interesting origin for it.
First off, he makes the sting of losing a companion from playing an origin run a bit better because he'd leave on an evil run anyway. He also has a few interesting RP opportunities because you can play him as a total hypocrite.

PneumonicBook posted:

In our mp bg3 game last night we accidentally killed the owlbear while it was in camp.

Also our wildshape druid took offense to scratch growling at him.

Hasn't been a great playthrough for pets.

In my latest Honor mode run, I did a thing that summons a hostile angel into camp. It used its surprise round to fly across camp and smite the gently caress out of Scratch.

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 27, 2024

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Entropic posted:

lol it was only a matter of time before this game got itself an Arthmoor

Fate spins along as it should.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The issue with modders gettin angry (even in a polite way) is that the larger ones have a community of followers following them who will dogpile any developer or other modder who gets on their bad side. I've seen this happen so many times in other games. The cycle repeats itself.

Folks get even more angry when Larian inevitably has to rush out a hotfix or change a release date or whatever. The safest move is to say nothing.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Alright this is going too far now

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shockeh posted:

Neither did I! I actually went out of my way to not aggro her, sending Astarion sneaking past her to get the treasure down below, and then quick traveling out.

Unfortunately, it seems even if you don't kill her the goblins do get to her. :(

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Medullah posted:

Neither did I! I actually went out of my way to not aggro her, sending Astarion sneaking past her to get the treasure down below, and then quick traveling out.

Unfortunately, it seems even if you don't kill her the goblins do get to her. :(

The cub reveals itself to be a terrible monster after you kill its mother anyway.

Am I supposed to be able to summon the cub outside the camp by the way? I don't think I have the option but he's been in camp long enough for me to have had the stroke both Scratch and cub event and everything.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

All the talk about saving the cub and I just saw this the other day, appropriate.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just finished a power trip run where I ascended Astarion, romanced minthy and generally tried to get everyone their hearts desire regardless of the consequences.

Betrayed Orpheus right at the end to become mind flayer queen at Minthys urging, and you don't get an epilogue :(, even just one with Minthara. Just mind flayers killing everyone, you on a throne on the brain and then nothing.

Bah

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Fruits of the sea posted:

Folks get even more angry when Larian inevitably has to rush out a hotfix or change a release date or whatever. The safest move is to say nothing.

They’ve been tweeting teasers for patch 6 and spent Valentine’s Day memeing about not releasing it. So they weren’t even practicing “say nothing”. They got too cavalier with new features and released on a Friday instead of next Tuesday. The other option is use beta branches. Unless there is some weird licensing I’m just not privy too for why this is an issue.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Black Noise posted:

They’ve been tweeting teasers for patch 6 and spent Valentine’s Day memeing about not releasing it. So they weren’t even practicing “say nothing”. They got too cavalier with new features and released on a Friday instead of next Tuesday. The other option is use beta branches. Unless there is some weird licensing I’m just not privy too for why this is an issue.

What the person that runs their twitter account does has no bearing on what the devs are doing. You’re being very weird about it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I had known the end of this Shar's Gauntlet/Shadowheart quest was going to be a point of no return thing, I would have just waited. kind of a let down after doing the whole gauntlet/dungeon just to have to stop and do the Moonrise Towers and stuff

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I feel like Nexus should dissallow AI voice mods, if they use an existing person without their consent. I mean look at this:
code:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/?tags_yes[]=4488
edit bah formatting

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I personally don't see a problem with the voice mods. The actor has already been paid for their time, they aren't being replaced, genderswapping Gale so that she can be a hot girl is maybe kinda weird but not really in violation of anything except good taste.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

exquisite tea posted:

I personally don't see a problem with the voice mods. The actor has already been paid for their time, they aren't being replaced, genderswapping Gale so that she can be a hot girl is maybe kinda weird but not really in violation of anything except good taste.

That's not what Goa's really saying, is it? The issue being raised is specifically with using AI imitation to produce voice-acted content without paying anyone, is it not?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I feel like Nexus should dissallow AI voice mods, if they use an existing person without their consent.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

AndrewP posted:

I wish I had known the end of this Shar's Gauntlet/Shadowheart quest was going to be a point of no return thing, I would have just waited. kind of a let down after doing the whole gauntlet/dungeon just to have to stop and do the Moonrise Towers and stuff

There is one of those prompts before you enter the pool though?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I just play the game without mods. Same with The Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is the script extender still crashing the game on launch?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

leftist heap posted:

There is one of those prompts before you enter the pool though?

oh yeah it does, it's just weird that there's a big buildup in the story but then I gotta bail for a while before I finish it - I thought I was gonna be able to finish the Dark Justiciar thing right then. I guess that's just a CRPG thing though

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Dawgstar posted:

Is the script extender still crashing the game on launch?

No

feller posted:

What the person that runs their twitter account does has no bearing on what the devs are doing. You’re being very weird about it.

They are two separate dumb things that happened. You could erase 4 pages of this thread if they just went live on a Tuesday or used Beta Branches.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

mycot posted:

I just play the game without mods. Same with The Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

Yeah there’s enough to the game already imo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Only mod I use is one adding WASD movement, because it's insanity to me that the game doesn't have that as an option. I'd even accept using the joystick to move as long as there was an option to keep the hotbars up, but no, any time I grab my controller to move it freezes for a few seconds and the hotbars disappear and I get the radial menu.

First world problems I know, but I haaaaate point and click.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Black Noise posted:

I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I meant specifically communicating information to modders when stuff like patch releases or mod support are still likely to change on short notice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Angry Diplomat posted:

That's not what Goa's really saying, is it? The issue being raised is specifically with using AI imitation to produce voice-acted content without paying anyone, is it not?

All the voice changing mods I've seen modulate an existing actor's performance. Femme Gale doesn't replace the actor with AI, it just pitches up his voice and changes the character model. To me, that is fine. It's a little sus, as the kids say, but so are the "everybody wears lacy underwear all the time" mods and nobody seems to have a problem with those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

In before the Free Palestine and Birthright Lae'Zel mods start hitting the scene