Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The past two nights I've had my cheap rear end chili dogs!

Tonight will be some gas station buffalo chicken bite, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes probably. Maybe a salad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Friday Fish Fry!

I got the walleye. They didn't have rye but garlic bread and it was good. The potato choice was just fries and potato salad so I went with that. The fish itself was one of the better ones I've had around here. By far. The pic makes them look small but I couldn't finish all of the fish.

Oh yeah, last Friday I got the bluegill. $10.50 for this. Great price. $15.50 for the walleye because that's much more popular around here. The fish was great. It was busy as hell and one poor girl was working the bar/tables so I gave her a 100% tip. I think she forgot to charge me for one pint too.

So after the tip and like 4 pints maybe minus one the total bill was $35. Not bad.

edit: people were bussing their own tables because everyone could see what was going on. I hope she made some fuckin' money that night. Everyone was so nice, patient, and encouraging to her. :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 15, 2024

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
sounds and looks like a delight

I'm a hopeless romantic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It shows in your food. :allears:

Gotta admit I don't like the placement of the pepperoni but I understand the sentiment.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol it's like 1 bite u wiener

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

It shows in your food. :allears:

Gotta admit I don't like the placement of the pepperoni but I understand the sentiment.

if it makes you feel better the kid always gets two small pieces and picks the toppings off, so really it was just practical to give him two slices without toppings to begin with

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cheese and onion enchiladas from my favorite local tex-Mex? restaurant. They always hit right. Took my mom.

We had a good time!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The past two nights I've had my cheap rear end chili dogs!

Make the Manwich dog you coward

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Brian Lagerstrom buns - they squish down:

The sauce is phenom. I trust this dude on everything

edit: "heh, yeah" /sinister

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 15, 2024

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Friday Fish Fry again!

I got the perch!

I went to one other place first but they just opened a week ago and it was packed and I had to wait just to get a spot at the bar and then they were out of fish. My friend said our go to place was packed so we went to another place. No room at the bar so we had to get a table.

The perch was pretty drat good. I only got the fries because I've had their bacon something pasta salad in the past and it was way too rich.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

lovely, Penny

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Thread still proves that the brits can't do fish and chips worth poo poo.

I'm house sitting for my parents while they are on holiday. It's great to have access to a gas stove and quality ingredients again. There is a lot of stuff in the fridge that needs to be used in the next few days.

I made a pasta sauce with yellow pepper, banana shallot, garlic, harissa and tomato paste with cream. I flaked a couple of salmon steaks and stirred it through it with some steamed green beans.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fried some chiggen

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Breakfast for Dinner Taco Hash

https://imgur.com/a/k3nu0fP

Tater, bell pepper, onion hash, some tomato with hamburger. Lotta cilantro, cumin, pepper, smoked paprika, onion/garlic powders. Mountain of zested cheddar on top after. Was goood, wrapped some in a tortilla and made a really good burrito

My hash always looks bad cause I live about 7200 feet above sea level and Maillard is really hard so I have to pre boil the taters for about 10 minutes before I throw em in

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 22, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

Fried some chiggen

Fuckin hell :getin:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

straight up not going through the phone effort of embedding but here's some food

https://imgur.com/a/8A9SrQz

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

pineapple shrimp over rice. as long as jumbo are buy one get one i will be eating a lot of winter shrimp

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chicken enchis

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Let me know if you need help with those

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

pineapple shrimp over rice. as long as jumbo are buy one get one i will be eating a lot of winter shrimp

That's quite the plate little piggy!

Looks great.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i bought a beef kefka wrap, french fries and falafel from an arab joint cuz my dinner hosed up:

whole foods had fresh-made italian chicken sausages on sale and I should've registered these were one-trick sausages to be thrown on the grill

i had the creative idea to do like a chicken sausage risotto, browning the sausage first before building the risotto from there.

well the sausages were way too lean and probably just all chicken breast, and created like 0 fat in the pan, just hopeless getting them cooked through and i threw them out and ditched the recipe

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

roasted potatoes, some veggies, sous vided the pork chop in soy sauce and pineapple, then reduced the liquid in the pan after searing and tossed it on the chops

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i ate a big can of baked beans for dinner (heated up)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I made bread I’m gonna have a sammich

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Last night I made a dream come true.

There is a takeaway chinese place that makes the best steamed veg in town, they use zucchini, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots like everywhere else BUT what makes them special is that they use a thin cornstarch sauce imbued with chicken stock and at least 4 pieces of chopped garlic in each bite.

I made my own last night. Used a splash of veg stock bouillon, a few drops of korean bbq sauce, some water, lots and lots of dehydrated garlic, and a sprinkle of msg and black pepper. I then added freshly steamed veg and combined. Served on mashed potatoes made with with salt, chili oil, a wee pat of butter, and some parsley.

my lady was both stuffed and impressed.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i ate a big can of baked beans for dinner (heated up)

My brain smashed "big can" into bag for some reason, and I had some questions.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Tonight I had a lot of work to do and a hungry woman terrorizing everyone. I had recently bought some korma simmering sauce so inspired by a potential easy dinner, i started boiling some lentils. Added the sauce, some hot sauce, and some msg and let it cook. Started it and added a splash of agave and black pepper to balance it. Boiled sweet potato in the stew and once that finished, poured it on some garlic dill rice.

Once again, lady was satisfied and filled up.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 2, 2024

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I moved into a 400 square foot apartment last month and just christened it by making kimchi. It mercifully finished its counter top fermentation last night and is now safely stinking up the fridge. Turned out great and I have been eating it alongside everything.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Kinda been working on the specifics of this dish all day instead of working.

Buttery asparagus, mushroom, and celery with garlic and a hit of hot sauce atop buffalo wing seasoned mashed potatoes.

---
A bit over salted but given all I've eaten today was a cup of OATZ I think I'll be okay metabolically.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Rice, tofu made from scratch, fried egg and some lao gan ma

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've been sick so I made chicken noodle soup but with pastina. made a stock that was basically vegetable soup - onion, carrot, celery, blended down, poached chicken in it and then shredded the chicken and cooked the pastina in there then dumped a shitload of parmesan, butter and finally stirred an egg through it off the heat.

Was pretty great except all through the meal my dumb fuzzy brain was trying to remember what I'd forgotten to top it with and remembered when I finished - lemon juice

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I ate vanilla ice-cream straight from the container.

Then several hours later i ate some rice with chilli and anchovies.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
My lady is sick but on the mend and decided to make dinner tonight.

""Tuscan"" tomato coconut soup with corn, carrot, and kale.

Its rare that a soup is flavorful enough for me to NOT hit it with hot sauce, however this soup was seasoned perfectly and so rich and tasty.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i haven't eaten solid food for dinner in like two weeks but my spouse wanted steak and eggs and i was proud of how this one turned out

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are you sick? Is your mouth wired shut due to breaking your jaw trying to fit the base of a wine bottle in your mouth? Are you dieting?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Prolly gonna have a steak today because I got a new cast iron I wanna break in.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hosed up some muscle(s) somewhere in my torso. started in my left lat, might've strained some other poo poo overcompensating. either way, filling my tummy in the evening hurts so I'm just not doing it for awhile lol

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Saturday Night

From top to bottom:

Pepperoni, chicken, onion, black pepper and chilli sauce.
Chicken, bacon, pineapple, onion.
Chorizo, peppers, pineapple.

Sunday Afternoon; Venison Stew with chorizo and juniper berries, dauphinoise potatoes, mushy peas with mint.

Later tonight:

My folks came back from Portugal and brought me these. I just need to find some good bread to go along with them.

Yes, my youtube feed is full of immature fantasy nonsense but that's probably the same situation for most goons so STFU.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not a fan of those pizzas but only because they're way too busy. I get like 2 ingredients maybe 3 max on any pizza I order. The stew and everything looks great. You could find the old GBS 'dine thread to post your neat sardines in there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Not a fan of those pizzas but only because they're way too busy. I get like 2 ingredients maybe 3 max on any pizza I order. The stew and everything looks great. You could find the old GBS 'dine thread to post your neat sardines in there!

I'm suprised you didn't give me grief for having pineapple on mine :). But yeah, I agree. The local pizzerias often add way too much toppings even if you only ask for two and sometimes the cheese doesn't even melt properly so you have to be careful what you order. Even if you just ask for pepperoni they literally put a plastic glove on and lift two handfulls out of the tub.

I only got two tins of 'dines out of that six-pack. It cost 80 euros to buy in the shop they got if from and by the time customs and tax were added it cost them 130. I got the lemon and pimento and they gave me a tin of smoked eel fillets too. I want to save them for a special occassion but they won't keep forever. Got a birthday in a few months, maybe then.