Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Oh god I just had a realisation. They buffed cards about to go to Wild.

They didn't revert Renethal.

I really really hope Renethal goes back to giving 40 HP when he goes into wild so I can play my silly jank decks, Blizzard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Gwaint posted:

Oh god I just had a realisation. They buffed cards about to go to Wild.

They didn't revert Renethal.

I really really hope Renethal goes back to giving 40 HP when he goes into wild so I can play my silly jank decks, Blizzard!

The Wild reversions won’t go live until the patch that actually adds the next expansion.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So I kept the Odyn's Aegis loaner deck and I'm looking to make it better. It's probably not worth crafting anything so close to a new meta, right? I was thinking about making the warrior titan Khaz'goroth since he seems to have nice synergy with the deck goal. But he also doesn't really seem as impactful as most of the other titans.

Odyn's Aegis - Free New/Returning Player Deck

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Needlerock Totem, Aftershocks, and Razorfen Rockstar are cards you might want to look at. None of those will rotate, either.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Evolve Shaman was (and remains) my favorite archetype when Corridor Creeper was revealed, so when I first saw it, I immediately thought it would be great for me. The strategy of Evolve Shaman was to throw down a lot of smaller creatures to hopefully bump them up. If they didn't survive, CC would at worst be a cheap 5/5; if they did, it would be a lower mana Evolve into an 8 cost.

There were many other cards I overestimated or underestimated that others correctly guessed, so I'm not some kind of oracle. Still, I'm proud of myself for having avoided the Corridor Sleeper trap.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Brann/Astalor/Occasionally TNT Warriors, as far as the eye can see...

SimpsonsStopStopHesAlreadyDead.jpg

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Lol. Lmao even.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can't wait to see yogg cast that

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Got to be a few decks that could use the first part of that effect to some advantage.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, I saw a tweet earlier that suggested the 15/15 lifesteal taunt, Reno, Sargeras, the fatigue harp, and something else. I'm not entirely convinced, but it seems more usable than something like the Bonerlord

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Got to be a few decks that could use the first part of that effect to some advantage.

At the very least, we know sludge warlock is still going to be in standard. At minimum you can murder your opponent's board by triggering a bunch of Barrels when you play it, which should compensate for it being an eight mana card that does nothing.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Surviving 5 turns with no draw, taking 14 self damage to kill your opponent seems like a tall order...

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Finally, Tony's time to shine again!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

At the very least, we know sludge warlock is still going to be in standard. At minimum you can murder your opponent's board by triggering a bunch of Barrels when you play it, which should compensate for it being an eight mana card that does nothing.

You can also somewhat negate the deck-destroying effect by adding in more sludge

I still don’t think it’ll be any good but it’ll definitely get experimented with

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GTO posted:

Surviving 5 turns with no draw, taking 14 self damage to kill your opponent seems like a tall order...

Refill with Symphony, then board wipe 4 times with Sargeras, Reno and 2x Twisting Nether.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Very easy to circumvent fatigue, the problem is playing vs a deck that can go 13 turns without finding a way to kill you. If you can cheat this out on turn 5 or something maybe there’s a use.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
when’s Nathria rotating? there’s the 3/3 with the deathrattle to reduce a Shadow spell by 3

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
in less than a month

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Someone just coined out a Dirty Rat and gave me a turn 2 Walking Mountain and lol

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Firebert posted:

Very easy to circumvent fatigue, the problem is playing vs a deck that can go 13 turns without finding a way to kill you. If you can cheat this out on turn 5 or something maybe there’s a use.

Thirteen turns minimum, assuming you play it on curve and have everything you need post-deck-destruction already in hand. If you need to dig for it, or if you have it ready on curve but the rest of your hand isn’t good enough to stall for five turns, it’s even slower. And how many Warlock decks can live that long but don’t already have a serviceable win condition?

I don’t think this is very good as a Plan A, but I could see it in ETC if control mirrors become something you need a Plan B for. Either way this strikes me as one of those cards that will either be completely useless or extremely annoying, with very little middle ground.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I have played against literally nothing but bots for the last week... on my way up to Diamond 5 Standard?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Yeah Diamond is just flooded with bots. Still gonna count it if I finally get to legend though, lol.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Here's my best attempt at Spell DH after some trial and a lot of error

### Spell
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Illidan's Gift
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Taste of Chaos
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Pocket Sand
# 2x (2) Quick Pick
# 2x (3) Sigil of Time
# 1x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (4) Fan the Hammer
# 2x (4) Fel'dorei Warband
# 1x (4) Going Down Swinging
# 1x (4) Souleater's Scythe
# 2x (5) Deal with a Devil
# 1x (5) Jotun, the Eternal
# 2x (5) Momentum
# 1x (6) Harth Stonebrew
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
#
AAECAd/JBgaVkgWdpAX3wwXG+QWvqAbmqQYMhpIFiZIFi5IFkJIFsvUF4fgFxfkFh5AGipAGnJoG7p4G7akGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Don't even bother trying a spell relic deck. The relics on their own are too weak now, and you'll never beat the warriors in a million years. The only way a relic deck can work is by taking advantage of the huge mana discounting from Relic of Dimensions on big things like Argus and Yogg or things like double arcanist + enchanter + face spells

So, for a pure spell deck the only consistent 1 card late game win condition is Harth Stonebrew. Which can be a little inconsistent (good loving luck if you get the DH hand, ironically) but there are no better options

Reno is here because you do churn through the deck rather quickly, but I could see the argument for Prison of Yogg instead/in addition

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

On a sillier note, what's some of everyone's favorite card art? Mine have always been the ones moments before being brutally owned.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

On a sillier note, what's some of everyone's favorite card art? Mine have always been the ones moments before being brutally owned.

There's lots of good art. Off hand, my top 3 might be Luna's Pocket Galaxy, Instructor Fireheart and Bioluminescence. The first two I upgraded to gold, and I rarely spend resources for cosmetics.

Edit: Signature Mimiron looks great too, but I don't have it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Same genre:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

There's lots of good art. Off hand, my top 3 might be Luna's Pocket Galaxy, Instructor Fireheart and Bioluminescence. The first two I upgraded to gold, and I rarely spend resources for cosmetics.

Edit: Signature Mimiron looks great too, but I don't have it.

That Signature Mimiron drew my attention to the Signatures having completely different and in many instances unique and awesome art. Kinda sucks they’re all paywalled by big $ doors but every time I see them come into my hand I’m astounded at how good they look.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Yeah, it’s kind of amazing how well they turned around the signatures after their lackluster launch. They’ve looked great this year.

I wish Freya wasn’t so weak because I’ve got her in signature and I really like the art.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

Yeah, it’s kind of amazing how well they turned around the signatures after their lackluster launch. They’ve looked great this year.

I wish Freya wasn’t so weak because I’ve got her in signature and I really like the art.

I think the Festival of Legends signatures were just OK. A significant improvement over the MotLK ones in that you could actually see what the card was and there were more than two colors, but imho it wasn't until Titans that we got signature art that really stood out

e: my favorite of the titans set is probably Ra-den, with special mention for Mimiron

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 27, 2024

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It's funny how I'll see some cards a ton and never really look at them. Then one day I'll finally zoom in and see what's happening in the art and it'll be completely different then what my mind put together.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yeah, I still see Cult Master as a bare-chested keyboard player with a demon bull mask really getting into a solo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Kill Command is a snowy mountainside.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

To me, Consecration looks like a bear-like creature on the left, walking to the right through a pool of light.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's funny how I'll see some cards a ton and never really look at them. Then one day I'll finally zoom in and see what's happening in the art and it'll be completely different then what my mind put together.

Kabal Lackey is not a bird-man facing left

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Taunt totem is not a snake, there's a murloc walking behind the totem.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Excelzior posted:

Wait, what? I was 100% sure it's arakkoa facing left, my life is ruined.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I am so loving tired of Time Warp Mages. they need to nerf that or Rommath or the 4 spell cost that gives you copies?

SUPER FUN GAME when you're just sitting there for like 15 mins and get to do nothing. And in Casual.

Watch this. It's dumb. I wasn't playing a great deck cause Casual?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/YX98dny5GbJfqv3ZftNnE2

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Excelzior posted:

YES HE IS HE HAS FEATHER SPINES ON HIS HEAD

:'(

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

loving bullshit. They either combo out and slowly destroy you or you have to hope their RNG fucks them. Even if they do gently caress up endless turns or whatever they still get a massive advantage. A game I am playing but not allowed to play annoys me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Desert Bus posted:

loving bullshit. They either combo out and slowly destroy you or you have to hope their RNG fucks them. Even if they do gently caress up endless turns or whatever they still get a massive advantage. A game I am playing but not allowed to play annoys me.

Yeah, they leaned way too hard into infinite poo poo. Maxitude is a snoozefest too. I probably should stop hateposting and just quit but my sunk cost fallacy skinner box nrrghgh