Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I wonder how much of Last Epochs login problems are caused from every character logging into the end of time first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

xZAOx posted:

Unlocked empowered monoliths today, at level 85.

Got splattered pretty hard, even with maxed res.

Gonna have to figure something out here, heh. Beck to normals for now!

Yeah, I might be in the same spot. I can do some things in them but I'm dying way too much.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've noticed that the "Teleport resets if cast with Haste" rune does not work, or simply does not function as it is listed.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There's no way to target specific Echo Rewards, right? Just mindlessly sprawl the Monolith in question and hope to find the "Unique/Set Wand/Catalyst" node I'm looking for?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im up to the last standard mono and im still only level 75. Wonder if im going to have to grind them out a bit first.

What are your defenses like?

"Don't get hit" mostly, heh. I'm a necro with a skeleton army. So manly using my golem to aggro and tank, and summoning wraiths in between me and mobs.

Other than that, not much. 1.1k health, maybe 200-300 ward typically, capped rezzes.

Complete non-issue in regular monos. In empowered, I'm getting one tapped constantly. FWIW I only tried like 2-3 echos then realized I was not ready. It's like what typically be chip damage, is now boulders, heh.

Tensokuu posted:

I'd play falconer but with everyone calling if so OP my history with these sorts of game makes me think a huge nerf bat is coming.

I get the feeling they're closer to taking a PoE stance, in that OP builds don't get nerfed during a cycle. Only actual broken / exploitative stuff.

Suburban Dad posted:

I don't know what I should be doing though but it sounds like monoliths basically?

Monos are the main thing. You'll want to complete all quests at least once in each mono, which will give you a Blessing for each (rerun the boss to change blessings). Once you've done them all, go to the center thing at the top between the 90 monoliths, and it unlocks empowered.

You can also grind arena, and run the 3 dungeons for various, but dungeon specific, rewards/systems. But monos are the main thing.

Sab669 posted:

There's no way to target specific Echo Rewards, right? Just mindlessly sprawl the Monolith in question and hope to find the "Unique/Set Wand/Catalyst" node I'm looking for?

Yep.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Yea I was thinking / hoping that would only trigger on direct casts. Kind of a bummer.

It does explicitly say in the mod details "Can only trigger on direct throws" so I am leaning towards bug. I am putting in a bug report.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Slowing down a bit has helped in empowered monoliths. Slightly less "whoops, you have 50 stacks of bleed!" that way.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

qnqnx posted:

It does explicitly say in the mod details "Can only trigger on direct throws" so I am leaning towards bug. I am putting in a bug report.

:shrug: Just says "throwing a flask"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What's the Arena?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sab669 posted:

:shrug: Just says "throwing a flask"

You have to hold alt while hovering over, for "mod explanations."

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Sab669 posted:

You can engineer it, but it doesn't really come into play until later, probably. There're nodes that randomize rewards you haven't taken, and rewards that reset nodes you've already done so you can do them again (with the same rewards) so you can spread the web out, taking the best nodes you can until you start to see vessels of chaos (randomizes untaken rewards) and vessels of memory (re-do echoes, same rewards) then the idea is you do chaos/good rewards/memories/all good rewards/chaos etc. until you're out of chaos and memory nodes and tired of the current web, then finally you reset it.

This ups your corruption super slowly though, so you want to get your corruption to a good level before you start trying to do that.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Jack Trades posted:

What's the Arena?

https://lastepoch.fandom.com/wiki/The_Arena

Fight through up 40 waves of mobs, with a boss at the end. You can nope out every 5 waves. It's like the arena fights you find in monos.You get more rewards, exp, etc as it goes on. I don't think there's any arena-specific drops or capabilities (like dungeons have) though, other than every 10 waves you pick a modifier with corresponding rewards.

Then there's endless arena, I haven't messed with that.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This game is still a total mess for multiplayer, was having load time issues, failed loads, loading into the wrong instance of the same area, etcetcetc, during off peak hours

These are all exactly the same issues I ran into trying to play with friends during EA :effort:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

xZAOx posted:

I don't think there's any arena-specific drops or capabilities (like dungeons have) though, other than every 10 waves you pick a modifier with corresponding rewards.

Each of the three arena champions has a boss specific drop but that's the main thing that's unique to them.

Fighting the Crimson Blade on my Bladedancer was kinda hilarious just for the "coming up against my own bullshit" factor and then the unique ring that drops from him turned out to actually be really useful to my build, guess I'm going to be seeing a lot more of him if I want one with LP!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've been told that the keys for campaign skips drop can be acquired from mono rewards but uhh...I only see arena keys?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Jack Trades posted:

I've been told that the keys for campaign skips drop can be acquired from mono rewards but uhh...I only see arena keys?

You were told wrong, but the dungeon keys drop pretty frequently in monoliths anyway regardless of there not being a reward node so you will be fine.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

qnqnx posted:

You have to hold alt while hovering over, for "mod explanations."

Game is hard :(

M. Night Skymall posted:

You can engineer it, but it doesn't really come into play until later, probably. There're nodes that randomize rewards you haven't taken, and rewards that reset nodes you've already done so you can do them again (with the same rewards) so you can spread the web out, taking the best nodes you can until you start to see vessels of chaos (randomizes untaken rewards) and vessels of memory (re-do echoes, same rewards) then the idea is you do chaos/good rewards/memories/all good rewards/chaos etc. until you're out of chaos and memory nodes and tired of the current web, then finally you reset it.

This ups your corruption super slowly though, so you want to get your corruption to a good level before you start trying to do that.

Thanks!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so it seems like the 3 new clases are far and away the best currently? runemaster seems good, warlocks running around with 50k ward doing respectable boss dps, and falconers just one tapping bosses

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

queeb posted:

so it seems like the 3 new clases are far and away the best currently? runemaster seems good, warlocks running around with 50k ward doing respectable boss dps, and falconers just one tapping bosses

Plenty of the old builds are solid and fun, just everyone is playing with the shiny new stuff right now I think.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Healing Hands builds are up there, too. EHG has stated in the past that they like to have obvious and strong builds with low friction for new players, so some of the new stuff being overly strong out the gate is probably intended. There's also bad new stuff like Spine of Malatros and nodes that don't do anything in skills and passive trees.

The stuff that people are doing with Dive Bomb and Profane Veil ward was discovered and reported right away in closed testing like 5 months ago, so it could have been adjusted if EHG wanted to do it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Straight up OP builds are fun as gently caress and every class/mastery should have at least one.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

exquisite tea posted:

I've noticed that the "Teleport resets if cast with Haste" rune does not work, or simply does not function as it is listed.

I just respecced teleport and I was looking at that one, I don't even know how to get haste. Is it from gear or a passive?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Field Mousepad posted:

I just respecced teleport and I was looking at that one, I don't even know how to get haste. Is it from gear or a passive?

There are tons of different sources of haste. Some unique items, some affixes on regular items, passive abilities for some classes, skill points in some active skills, etc.

nerox
May 20, 2001

fknlo posted:

Straight up OP builds are fun as gently caress and every class/mastery should have at least one.

Devouring Orb Void Knight with the numlock trick is a walking simulator.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I suppose it varies on Build/Class, but generally how much HP should you have for Empowered Monoliths? I finally unlocked them.

41% Glancing Blow chance.

Definitely just get 1 shot by random things now :v:
So begins the "Find what I already have but with more +HP on it" segment of ARPGs that usually burns me out...

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I got Herald of the Scurry on my very first unique item gamble rune thing, but I got it at lvl68. Can't wait for squirrel bois.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I finished the first mono timeline, unlocking two more.
Should I jump straight into one of the other timelines, or should I scrape the first timeline for those tasty Unique/Set nodes?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Should I jump straight into one of the other timelines, or should I scrape the first timeline for those tasty Unique/Set nodes?

keep pushing.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Do both of them open up now? I thought you had to choose a path before and were locked into it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You're not locked into just one, you can hop around as needed to unlock all the Monolith areas.

https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/monolith/beginner-guide

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I suppose it varies on Build/Class, but generally how much HP should you have for Empowered Monoliths? I finally unlocked them.

Judging by those armor, dodge and glancing blow percentages I'm assuming you've been relying on blowing everything up before it can touch you (or Ward?). Looking at your defence tab would help, but this is about when glass cannoning stops working in most cases (barring some builds that have really big cannons I guess?).

I don't know the Falconer passive tree well but Rogue and all its subclasses have a lot of skills that add Dodge and/or Glancing Blow and you'll probably want to spec more of them than you currently have. The Bladedancer I run offline when the servers go down has 60% dodge and 51% glancing blow with that much health, plus health gain on glancing blow (Rogue passive) and ward gain on dodge (unique belt), and still struggles with empowered monos at times.

Most of the suggestions I read target around 1500-2k base HP, but obviously this'll depend on your other defensive layers. Definitely don't neglect crit avoidance (or maybe reduced bonus damage from crits, but crit avoid is easier to find), crits are a big source of one shots. Endurance (extra damage reduction below a certain HP level, by default 20% HP but the threshold can be increased) is another source of survivability you can gear for pretty easily - there are monolith blessings available for both of these that can take some pressure off your affix slots.

Jows posted:

Do both of them open up now? I thought you had to choose a path before and were locked into it

Changed in 1.0, now all monos open all their branch paths.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 27, 2024

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dallan Invictus posted:

Changed in 1.0, now all monos open all their branch paths.

Ah, so is this why the end of time map is buggy and doesn't show all the branches on it anymore even after you've done then?

They halfway did the change, but didn't test it, heh.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Sab669 posted:

if you're trying to get deep in corruption, defense is king. damage is not a limiting factor in many builds. 2k is kinda the floor for empowered corruption. more is better. always strive for more

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

God drat. I wanted to switch to something that wasn't a Rogue, but I'm finding several different "+2 to max balliste" items and it takes all my willpower to not do some stupid spam ballistae build.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

exquisite tea posted:

The wording got me at first too: Teleport resets the duration of your haste, to a minimum number of seconds based on points in the node. At least, I assume you're referring to the skill node and not some other thing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Consensus seems to be push to empowered and then farm that stuff.

I slowed down a ton and have stopped blowing myself up as much. Still pucker up a bit when harvest fires off in a big rear end group of enemies though. I'm farming the chest nodes in the one timeline to hopefully get exsanguinous but I'm getting everything but it so far.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AH! Observatory allows me to get the exact keys I need.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

xZAOx posted:

Ah, so is this why the end of time map is buggy and doesn't show all the branches on it anymore even after you've done then?

They halfway did the change, but didn't test it, heh.

Guessing you ported instead of walking to one of the newly opened monoliths so it didn't create the pathway?

I was pleasantly surprised after finishing the first monolith that it had opened up both the 62 and 66. That's a great change, because repeating the 58 sucked before if you made the wrong choice.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah I was very happy to see that because it was annoying that misclicking a dialogue option while not paying attention could unlock the wrong timeline.

I wish the bonus xp blessing was hardcoded to alway be one of the 3 options when completing the initial timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

When do you get blessings? I haven't gotten any unlocked yet and not sure when that is supposed to happen or what they are yet.