Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Just got around to farming from the current event outbreak... one sandwich got 6 shiny Foongus, but one sandwich resulted in only 2 voltorb. Not complaining but surprised. I would've expected the other way around. Also, yet to see any Voltorb-H outbreaks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They have a lower spawn rate than the other 2 outbreaks

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

anecdotally it’s one H-Voltorb outbreak a day but two to three of the others yeah

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I had time to shiny hunt but no H.Orb outbreak on my map so I just paused, turned off the auto-clock in system settings, turned the clock back by a full day, resumed the game, and then paused to put the clock back to auto-update mode.

Kind of a bummer the otherwise-unobtainable outbreaks aren't guaranteed to appear every day during the event! Anywhooze, :orb:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You only have to turn the clock back by a minute.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Scholtz posted:

You only have to turn the clock back by a minute.
I probably should have! the Outbreak Event hadn't been active prior to that day, so I HAD to set it back to the correct day lol whoops (power us3r here)

Point is, it's NBD to reset dailies via clockery fuckery

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
You dont even need to change the clock at all. As long as you have internet time off, just open the clock settings, press a through all the clock fields without changing anything and then go back to the game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheaters...!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
there is no need for me to join the ranks of the time lords, because my game generated a Voltorb-H outbreak for me in the normal way.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:siren: 12 hours until the Pokemon Direct :siren:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Black and White remakes won't be here until next generation based on the pattern of previous remakes. They've been remaking the earlier generations every other generation since gen 4. Divide the gen number by 2 and you get what remake they'll put out that generation. Odd generations don't get remakes.

What we could get would be another Let's Go. The last odd generation gave us one of those since there was no remake scheduled.

Or else they could do anything else entirely. I feel like taking a year off wouldn't be a bad thing for the franchise.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Eiba posted:

Black and White remakes won't be here until next generation based on the pattern of previous remakes. They've been remaking the earlier generations every other generation since gen 4. Divide the gen number by 2 and you get what remake they'll put out that generation. Odd generations don't get remakes.

What we could get would be another Let's Go. The last odd generation gave us one of those since there was no remake scheduled.

Or else they could do anything else entirely. I feel like taking a year off wouldn't be a bad thing for the franchise.

Agreed, I hope it's the announcement of a new Mystery Dungeon or other spin-off. Another mainline Pokemon game or remake needs more time to cook.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I'd be down for another Legends game, but no idea where they'd be interested in setting another historical-setting game.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

At this point most of the guesses/wishes I've seen from other people are based on stuff we've already seen before: Let's Go style games, Legends style games, Faithful Remakes, games based in Johto, games based in Unova, games based in Kalos, even VCG of Gens 1, 2 and 3 released on NSO.

I'd rather see something new honestly. Part of the reason why people hated BDSP and are apprehensive about Gen 5 games getting the same treatment is the fact that they don't bring much that's new to the series. It basically serves as context for another game, Legends Arceus, which does bring new stuff like new Pokemon, new gameplay and a completely new story doesn't have the same old plotline most other Pokemon games have.

As much as I love Legends Arceus, I wouldn't know how I'd feel about another game that copies the style save for the setting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I feel like the Pokemon direct is going to be Let's Go games set on the Gold/Silver map. Lol if that happens.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

A new game set entirely in the orange islands

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its time for a new pokemon ranger

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Pokémon Legends Charles the Heartbreaker, it's actually just a dating sim and there are approximately two battles and they're both rotation battles that you are scripted to lose.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Hard swerve and we get a new big budget Pokemon Conquest with some expanded systems.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

At this point most Pokemon are usable in at least two titles on the Switch, but some are limited to just one title (not counting Gen 8 or Gen 9 Pokemon since they were only introduced in these games). Patrat, Watchog, the elemental monkeys and Furfrou are currently not usable in any game on the Switch and need to be transferred in from GO or a 3DS title (and that option isn't going to be around forever). Alolan Rattata is only available to use in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee, but ones transferred in from GO or the Gen 7 games cannot go into LGPE. Spinda is currently stuck in BDSP hell because of incorrectly coding their spot pattern generation so BDSP Spinda cannot be deposited into Home and ones transferred in from elsewhere cannot leave Home. Paras and Parasect are unique in that they can be found in Let's Go, BDSP and Legends but nowhere else.

A new game can solve all these issues but I have no idea if the ones people keep proposing will solve them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DougDinsdale/status/1762259428756050366

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Spacebump posted:

I feel like the Pokemon direct is going to be Let's Go games set on the Gold/Silver map. Lol if that happens.

I think this is the most likely. Not stoked for it but I think it's what they will do

That sucks :/

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly I’d be more stoked for Let’s Go Johto than the og ones but that’s because I’m nostalgic for Johto because that’s the one I played when I was 4 and I don’t have any for Kanto and dislike it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh man... I know they weren't young, but it really sucks to hear this. My condolences, Doug Dinsdale.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’m so sorry, Nob. :(

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

When Gen V is too powerful for a remake

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, we're getting Pokemon Legends Z-? Lumiose City was shown, so bringing back Kalos? With a Mega Evolution logo at the end? I thought I was kinda over Pokemon, but this might actually be fun.

Oh no, my condolences.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Scholtz posted:

When Gen V is too powerful for a remake

Mom said it was Zygarde’s turn to play

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hope they make it better than Arceus.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Nanigans posted:

Hope they make it better than Arceus.

Agreed. My hope for every game, is that it is better than the last, even when the last was the best game in the entire franchise.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Arceus was a step in the right direction. And at least they should have enough time to smooth out bugs now.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

God, that's just awful, Nob. I'm so sorry.

As for the announcements...felt a little light this year, but that's probably a good sign. The non-existence of Pokemon Z has always been a bugbear of mine, so even though I'm not a huge Kalos fan I'm pretty stoked to finally get that. Are there any good X/Y fan-patches like Renegade Platinum? I'm kind of in the mood to play one now...

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I loved Arceus and I am so psyched to get another Legends game. It finally being a Pokemon Z is icing :getin:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Muscle Tracer posted:

Agreed. My hope for every game, is that it is better than the last, even when the last was the best game in the entire franchise.

I’m glad you liked it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
super down for a legends kalos, though i'm confused if this is in the past or not with the "redevelopment" stuff and all the wireframe stuff in the video

very happy they didn't touch unova lol, i like those games too much to see what they'd do ther enow

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MorningMoon posted:

super down for a legends kalos, though i'm confused if this is in the past or not with the "redevelopment" stuff and all the wireframe stuff in the video

very happy they didn't touch unova lol, i like those games too much to see what they'd do ther enow

I think it's in the past, just the modern past

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

So now we have Pokemon A, X, Y, and Z, which leaves B-...W?

Black and White remakes confirmed???

https://legends.pokemon.com/en-us/

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 27, 2024

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

gently caress.

My condolences, old Swapnote buddy.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 27, 2024

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

drat. My condolences to the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I wonder who the starters would be and if they’d get new Megas or if they’ll keep it the Kalos starters and give *them* Megas. It was always weird to me that the starters didn’t get Megas forms in the generation it was introduced.

They did the same in Galar with Gigantamax, though they eventually fixed that in the DLC.