Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Up there with the people who furiously total up the number of ethnic minorities visible in ad breaks and go unhinged when it doesn't accurately reflect the national demographics.

edit: Section 294 in The Indian Penal Code states that anyone conducting an obscene act in a public place, possibly including reading harry potter fanfic, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three months, or with fine, or with both.

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

i watch The Chase all the time and i've detected no difference between the frequency with which they ask questions about Islam compared to Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism or Buddhism, the reason being the mention of any particular main world religion doesn't send me into a blind, foaming at the mouth rage, so I don't notice any one of them more than the others

statistics or stfu bitch
That just reminded me of the not racist man with the spreadsheet of the ethnic background and skin tone of everyone in the adverts.

You see 10% of people in the adverts are Black whereas only 4% of the UK population is, and this is terrible because

e: ^^^ :hfive:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Have it on good authority that Bradders gets the cast and crew together before every gladiators and recites from the Hadith.

Almost certainly the bismillah - even Hercule Poirot does the bismillah (in Murder in Mesopotamia for the inquiring minds that potentially might want to know).

Banks:
why is it so bloody hard to get someone who died nearly 9 years ago off our flats bank account as a signatory? And no, I don't have a death certificate nor do her daughters who I tracked down anymore.

Kate chat: so maybe that 'abdominal surgery' was due to a punch in the guts if the rumours are true? (Which I doubt personally but you never know. If I had to pick one of that lot, I'd be Team Harry).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Less than 10 years? Might just be dead for tax purposes. Better to be cautious.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Kate chat: so maybe that 'abdominal surgery' was due to a punch in the guts if the rumours are true? (Which I doubt personally but you never know. If I had to pick one of that lot, I'd be Team Harry).

Well apparently the abdominal surgery wasn't true at all, it was all a cover for her being hooked up to a life glug, so whilst there might of been a gut punch involved the gossip is it went much further than that.

Seeing some rumors on BlueSky that she's woken up and wants to press charges.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kate awakens from her coma, and proceeds on a deadly quest of revenge across the globe. But will she manage to kill the elusive Will.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

imgur seems to have gone a bit bonkers (for me anyway) this afternoon so anyway:
The Jewish councillor is Martin Abrams.

JewishVoiceForLabour
@JVoiceLabour
Last night Lambeth Labour Group suspended a Jewish Cllr indefinitely and a black and 2 Muslim cllrs for 3 months for calling for a ceasefire in Gaza.
It seems they are happier ignoring Genocide than with dissent

Every day in every way my decision to quit the Labour Party in January 2020 is reinforced.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Well apparently the abdominal surgery wasn't true at all, it was all a cover for her being hooked up to a life glug, so whilst there might of been a gut punch involved the gossip is it went much further than that.

Seeing some rumors on BlueSky that she's woken up and wants to press charges.

Lol links please

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems the actors from that Willy Wonka show have leaked the script they never got to perform https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZX568_6wCmvsvbxLGirDX1vVPsYH8qG/view?pli=1

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Kate awakens from her coma, and proceeds on a deadly quest of revenge across the globe. But will she manage to kill the elusive Will.

Will while Kate is in her coma: Crumbs if she wakes up and makes a complaint to the Police I'll be in trouble. Even a Prince can't make this go away....

(Looks at vial full of cancer causing drugs.)

But a King? That's a different story!

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I was just thinking. I like many goons have read a fair bit of Terry Pratchett. I have never had any desire to read about Susan Sto Helit and and Ridcully loving-l (but at the very least, they’re adults). But then also to just be hypothetically sitting there in between reading it trying to get his attention on Twitter (back when he was alive obviously)?

What the gently caress is wrong with this country and Harry Potter? The other day I was in a post office and it was selling Harry Potter v Voldemort battle of hogwarts stamps. It wasn’t a real battle

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Tesseraction posted:

Seems the actors from that Willy Wonka show have leaked the script they never got to perform https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZX568_6wCmvsvbxLGirDX1vVPsYH8qG/view?pli=1

Also clearly 100% generated via ChatGPT or similar. The final scene in particular would be impossible to pull off without a massive special effects budget, but they forgot to include in their prompts that they had about £7.50 left over after they bought the single crate of limeade

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol if Kate was a deep undercover anti monarchy sleeper agent this whole time. Or Katya even.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

massive spider posted:

I was just thinking. I like many goons have read a fair bit of Terry Pratchett. I have never had any desire to read about Susan Sto Helit and and Ridcully loving-l (but at the very least, they’re adults). But then also to just be hypothetically sitting there in between reading it trying to get his attention on Twitter (back when he was alive obviously)?

What the gently caress is wrong with this country and Harry Potter? The other day I was in a post office and it was selling Harry Potter v Voldemort battle of hogwarts stamps. It wasn’t a real battle

Well of course you wouldn't, Ridcully was still carrying a torch for Granny Weatherwax

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
There's so much on this page I don't understand.

What's the gut punch? Are we suggesting William punched her so hard in the stomach she's been in hospital since January?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It seems to be an unsubstantiated twitter rumour that he hit her, yes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The stomach part may just be the cover story.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Blimey. There are quieter ways of offing your spouse than beating her into a coma in your palace.

Should've asked his dad

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Although if Charlie loses his battle to bum cancer and William goes inside for a stretch on gbh charges, we may be left with king George, the 11 year old boy.

Maybe that would be enough for this country to wake up to how ridiculous having a monarchy is

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
A decade of stories about 'the wicked regent' would really spice things up.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

DreddyMatt posted:

Although if Edward loses his battle to smoking too much and George falls off a horse, we may be left with another king Edward, the 40 year old Nazi.

Maybe that would be enough for this country to wake up to how ridiculous having a monarchy is

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DreddyMatt posted:

...William goes inside for a stretch on gbh charges...

If his dad is dead, then William becomes immune from all laws. There is no authority in this country higher than the ruling monarch.

e: And re: William hitting her in the stomach, I think there's also facial injuries, hence the lack of photos of any kind. Harry recounted a few instances of his brother's violent and uncontrollable rage, and there have been whispers of domestic abuse within the relationship since the affair and pegging stuff came to light.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 27, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Do you think they haven't admitted it's bowel cancer because they worry that will forever be colloquialised as Chuck Butt?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If Will is in court on GBH charges and Charles dies and they have to can the whole thing and release him, maybe that would be enough for this country to wake up to how ridiculous having a monarchy is.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How many royals need to die before Big Suze from Peep Show is the queen?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

If Will is in court on GBH charges and Charles dies and they have to can the whole thing and release him, maybe that would be enough for this country to wake up to how ridiculous having a monarchy is.

William stands at the steps of the Old Bailey, gloating "Ha! Ha! You can't touch me", but within seconds his face is that of horror as he slowly collapses into a ball. A triumphant George, shiv in hand, steps forward playing a certain MC Hammer track....

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Wachter posted:

Also clearly 100% generated via ChatGPT or similar. The final scene in particular would be impossible to pull off without a massive special effects budget, but they forgot to include in their prompts that they had about £7.50 left over after they bought the single crate of limeade

Any time I've seen generated scripts or fiction from Chat GPT it has the same vibe as a 'then everyone in the restaurant stood up and clapped' story. I can't put my finger on it, just absolute confidence in it's utterly mediocre storytelling.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I did wonder if William slipped events today because the ol' peg got stuck out damaged. Poor show to turn up to a funeral with a destroyed hole when yer da is out of commission due to poor hole.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

William stands at the steps of the Old Bailey, gloating "Ha! Ha! You can't touch me", but within seconds his face is that of horror as he slowly collapses into a ball. A triumphant George, shiv in hand, steps forward playing a certain MC Hammer track....

The British Monarchy after they realise that the second you kill the King or Queen that if you are next in line you become monarch and thus immune to prosecution for the crime you just did. It rapidly devolves into the wildest game of Rocket Tag you can imagine.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

DreddyMatt posted:

Although if Charlie loses his battle to bum cancer and William goes inside for a stretch on gbh charges, we may be left with king George, the 11 year old boy.

Don't count on it. John I beat off a combined rebellion/French invasion by dying and being succeeded by his nine year old son. All the barons who hated John's guts just couldn't stay mad at someone that young.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Bring back the Star Chamber!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Servetus posted:

John I beat off a combined rebellion/French invasion

phwoar

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
James I also beat off a bunch of barons, he wrote letters about it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Have it on good authority that Bradders gets the cast and crew together before every gladiators and recites from the Hadith.
Alright Jeff, now take your time. Which of these is not a football club?
Is it:
A) Crystal Palace,
B) Sheffield Wednesday,
C) I bear witness that there is no deity but God, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of God,
or D) Tottenham Hotspur. And remember, you have to repeat the answer in full.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It's D.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

alt text: a high brow political cartoon about prince william punching people really hard

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/AxUgetR.jpeg

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

sebzilla posted:

How many royals need to die before Big Suze from Peep Show is the queen?

e: mike tindall only needs 21 to become prince consort

Doccykins fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 27, 2024

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

(This 'Lozza' isn't the other Lozza btw)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If there's no committee to scrutinize arms exports, how do we know that there's not a load being sent to 123 Fake Street, Petropavi, Kazakhstan, Not Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

God save Mrs. Ethel Shroake of 393A High Street, Leytonstone