Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Posting on page 1000 to celebrate the government shut down and the ensuing ouster of Johnson

Edit

Dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
ahahahhahahahaa^^^^^
Donnie is pretty much Slough Feg, all "mystic aura" of shat pants, warp spazming about like a man with no cock in a shop full of sex arses.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

lol

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

bird with big dick posted:

Has anyone cornered one of these pro IVF anti abortion people into explaining how one embryo is a child but another embryo is medical waste?

If life begins at fertilization then every IVF attempt is morally the same as multiple abortions.

I'm sure their stance will never survive their first encounter with hypocrisy

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 27, 2024

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Has anyone cornered one of these pro IVF anti abortion people into explaining how one embryo is a child but another embryo is medical waste?

If life begins at fertilization then every IVF attempt is morally the same as multiple abortions.

That's basically what the anti-IVF peeps are doing right now, hence all the squirming from Trump & co.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

staberind posted:

like a man with no cock in a shop full of sex arses.

Is that from the Alanis Morissette song?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

staberind posted:

warp spazming about like a man with no cock in a shop full of sex arses

I cycled through several sarcastic responses before realizing I'm in awe of the poetry of this sentence

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Squiggle posted:

I'm sure they'll never survive their first encounter with hypocrisy

Well gosh! Now that you've helpfully pointed out the inconsistency of my stances, and my overall hypocrisy, I reckon I'll change all my beliefs and vote Lib.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Michigan primaries are today. Polls close 8pm. There is a push by some Democrats to get voters to vote "uncommitted" as a protest against Biden.

Some are saying "anything more than 3% is a disaster for Biden" but Obama suffered 10% so I don't know what the answer is.

I don't know if Haley has put any effort into the state, I expect Trump will have a strong showing.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Until the umbilical cord is cut. Then, the child is a worthless leech that needs to get a job whose life has no value. Protecting them post-birth in any way would violate the constitution, as would teaching them.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

What even prompted this sudden stepping on their own dicks with IVF? It all seemed to come out of nowhere.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mad Hamish posted:

What even prompted this sudden stepping on their own dicks with IVF? It all seemed to come out of nowhere.
An Alabama judge said the quiet part out loud, and Chuds actually like IVF. I feel bad for a friend who was just done getting an IVF setup (thankfully not in AL). poo poo sucks and now the Real Americans are calling you a baby killer

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mad Hamish posted:

They don’t have a coherent plan or any ability to stop the extremists from further hijacking the party.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Mad Hamish posted:

Right wingers are not known to be smart

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mad Hamish posted:

Supreme Court Justice in Alabama ruled on it out of nowhere. As to why he did it? He's nuts.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Mad Hamish posted:

Internal squabbles, and politicians trying to figure out which side to appease to keep their coalition together.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
fellas, DJT is clearly a Bad Moon Ork nob who Chaos cultists have propped up as a sorcerer

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mad Hamish posted:

If I understood right:

A clinic in Alabama mishandled extra embryos some IVF patients had frozen (in case they wanted more kids later), and the parents, wanting to sue as hard as possible, tried to push a manslaughter-ish argument.

To everyone's surprise, the Alabama SC agreed!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Aramis posted:

A clinic in Alabama mishandled extra embryos some IVF patients had frozen (in case they wanted more kids later), and the parents, wanting to sue as hard as possible, tried to push a manslaughter-ish argument.

But, I, what? Wouldn't that logic make them accessories or some poo poo for all the failed implantations?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Michigan primaries are today. Polls close 8pm. There is a push by some Democrats to get voters to vote "uncommitted" as a protest against Biden.

Some are saying "anything more than 3% is a disaster for Biden" but Obama suffered 10% so I don't know what the answer is.

I don't know if Haley has put any effort into the state, I expect Trump will have a strong showing.

Lmao Obama got 10% and still romped Romney in the state

So 10% is the bar, let's see if it gets cleared

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Aramis posted:

If I understood right:

To everyone's surprise, the Alabama SC agreed!

Not quite. The hospital let someone just wander into the secure area where the IVF embryos were at. They reached into a cryofreezer and grabbed the tray containing them. Their hands got burned and they dropped the tray destroying the embryos. The family that lost the embryos sued the hospital for wrongful death.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

SonOfGhostDad posted:

fellas, DJT is clearly a Bad Moon Ork nob who Chaos cultists have propped up as a sorcerer

Please.

Bad Moons actually have money.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Was it Dennis Nedry

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

fishing with the fam posted:

But, I, what? Wouldn't that logic make them accessories or some poo poo for all the failed implantations?
Yeah, the obvious logical extension is that the plaintiffs are essentially suing the hitmen they hired for manslaughter, but stupidity and hypocrisy go hand in hand here.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Who among us hasn't been looking for the bathroom, wandered into a cryofreezer and spilled some embryos? It happens

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mr. Meagles posted:

Who among us hasn't been looking for the bathroom, wandered into a cryofreezer and spilled some embryos? It happens

Oops, I did it again!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr. Meagles posted:

Really, Dennis Nedry in Jurassic Park was just a Pro-Life warrior liberating hostage dino-babies.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Pirate Radar posted:

They don’t have a coherent plan or any ability to stop the extremists from further hijacking the party.

It's this

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not quite. The hospital let someone just wander into the secure area where the IVF embryos were at. They reached into a cryofreezer and grabbed the tray containing them. Their hands got burned and they dropped the tray destroying the embryos. The family that lost the embryos sued the hospital for wrongful death.

This case is going to be one of those ones where its repercussions will be felt throughout the entire country for years to come, with everyone complaining that the ruling was absolutely the dumbest interpretation of anything, ever.

Some moron who probably wasn't mentally aware of what they were doing in a hospital in Butt-gently caress, Alabama just hosed women out of civil rights until the current members of the courts die. What a country.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I'd guess that, from the parent's perspective, losing the nebulous "Kid we were planning on having" was the harm that was done to them. If the parents are in their 40s, I could definitely see that being a big loss, considering the genetic risks of post-40 fertilization, but it doesn't exactly fit neatly into a well-known category. The nitty-gritty details of embryos and whatnot are just that: details for courts and lawyers to argue over.

Add in your usual lawyers's zeal of starting at the biggest possible harm and settle down from there, as well as ignoring that this intersects with anti-abortion stuff, and here we are.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 27, 2024

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Don't disparage the good name of Orks that way. :colbert:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Thus IVF doesn't exist in Alabama any longer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

I kinda have a feeling it’s not gonna have the giant impact, maybe I am wrong. But it will end up being like 89% Biden instead of 90 or whatever. Biden already announced there is a ceasefire deal in the works so who knows. Meanish hot take but I do think the left overestimates how much the average person gives a poo poo about Palestinian statehood. Not saying that’s a good thing, just saying it’s a thing and a thing for various reasons.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I kinda have a feeling it’s not gonna have the giant impact, maybe I am wrong. But it will end up being like 89% Biden instead of 90 or whatever. Biden already announced there is a ceasefire deal in the works so who knows. Meanish hot take but I do think the left overestimates how much the average person gives a poo poo about Palestinian statehood. Not saying that’s a good thing, just saying it’s a thing and a thing for various reasons.

They must care enough as Biden has reversed course somewhat.

Either way there is zero reason not to try. Especially if it turns out it didn’t matter. If it doesn’t matter then what’s the harm.

The left can’t ever do anything if they just accept meekly sitting in a corner for the rest of time

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

staberind posted:

ahahahhahahahaa^^^^^
Donnie is pretty much Slough Feg, all "mystic aura" of shat pants, warp spazming about like a man with no cock in a shop full of sex arses.

I get this reference. Who's Medb in this context?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

lol of course. That should only apply to poors

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I saw trump use a master ball on a loving raticate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Michigan is going to be one of the roughest states for Biden in the primaries. It's also less about statehood and more about genocide, which is a pretty big deal.