Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Small thing: The new update (I literally just downloaded it a few minutes ago) makes it take a lot longer to save a picture in the app. Before, I’d press on an image and it would pop up and give me the option to save or copy or whatever within a second at most. Now, I have to hold the press for a good 3-5 seconds before the image will be selected.

Current iOS (17.3.1), SE3, if any of that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

fartknocker posted:

Small thing: The new update (I literally just downloaded it a few minutes ago) makes it take a lot longer to save a picture in the app. Before, I’d press on an image and it would pop up and give me the option to save or copy or whatever within a second at most. Now, I have to hold the press for a good 3-5 seconds before the image will be selected.

Yeah there's something weird about long-press and the gesture handlers now, maybe an interaction with VisionKit? (There's a console error message about VisionKit at least!)

I'm going to try to spend some time to debug it during my next Awful-hacking session, but I don't know if I'll make much progress; UIKit is not an area of strength for me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Skeezy posted:

Lmfao y’all released the build with broken icons.

looks fixed in the tree, so it'll come to the next app store build I believe

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I would really appreciate support for october plat icons in older themes like OLED dark, classic, etc some time in the future :pray:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

fartknocker posted:

i hate this so much please send help

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a fun bug.

The last post in a thread has its quote, report ect menu backwards lol

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That rules, do not fix.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Not a bug. That’s just how iOS’s default context menus work. The order depends on the menu’s position on screen, such that the “first” item is always closest to where you tapped.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ulvir posted:

I would really appreciate support for october plat icons in older themes like OLED dark, classic, etc some time in the future :pray:

Crap I keep meaning to fix that. It’s just so annoying to test multiple themes because I have to back out to the settings, switch, go back into the thread, find the right post to verify, etc. I will do it, though, just for you.

Diabolik900 posted:

Not a bug. That’s just how iOS’s default context menus work. The order depends on the menu’s position on screen, such that the “first” item is always closest to where you tapped.

I was sure that this crazy behaviour was a bug I introduced with the change to update add/remove bookmark in the thread menu, somehow, but no…some Apple genius wants it that way

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Did the quote and report button get moved

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Double-tap post to jump no longer works. :(

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Crap I keep meaning to fix that. It’s just so annoying to test multiple themes because I have to back out to the settings, switch, go back into the thread, find the right post to verify, etc. I will do it, though, just for you.

I understand completely, so no worries. just knowing that it’s on the list of known issues is well enough

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

It’s a setting which is maybe turned off by default?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

dismas posted:

It’s a setting which is maybe turned off by default?

No, it stayed on through the update and turning it off and back on didn't help.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Probably another gesture-recognizer thing, sigh.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Happy to report that icons are back in the latest TestFlight build. But I think it’s time to add some new ones.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Stare-Out posted:

Still works for me, but I’ve found you have to scroll a hair to get it to work. For example:

MarcusSA posted:

This is a fun bug.

The last post in a thread has its quote, report ect menu backwards lol

On that post from further up the page, I had to scroll down a bit so the name and top of the post wasn’t visible, then the double tap let me jump to the bottom.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Still works for me, but I’ve found you have to scroll a hair to get it to work. For example:

On that post from further up the page, I had to scroll down a bit so the name and top of the post wasn’t visible, then the double tap let me jump to the bottom.

Hey, you're right. What a weird one.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Happy to report that icons are back in the latest TestFlight build. But I think it’s time to add some new ones.

It's nice having them back. I made these 3 new icons in August last year - can somebody plop em in?

Other beta issues I've seen:

• In SpankyKong OLED Dark / Light the Settings icon has the word Settings under it, while the other nav icons are correctly icon only (no text)

• blue e: icon in top left of quoted posts is still absent.

• I think the Report button / icon on posts is supposed to be red - similar to how Remove Bookmark looks.

• 'Set color' on bookmarks doesn't stay set on refresh. Should maybe be 'Bookmark Color', or at least 'Set Color' (capital C)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spanky the dolphin posted:

• 'Set color' on bookmarks doesn't stay set on refresh. Should maybe be 'Bookmark Color', or at least 'Set Color' (capital C)

Can you say more about exactly what’s happening here?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Oooh, I love the trans one.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Looks like the long press scrolling vibration bug got fixed. The end of an era.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Can you say more about exactly what’s happening here?

If you long press a bookmark you can Set Color. Which is meant to change the color of the unread bookmark number (I think this could require enabling a setting in desktop SA?)

It temporarily changes the color when used, but when you refresh your bookmarks it’ll revert back to what you had previously.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spanky the dolphin posted:

If you long press a bookmark you can Set Color. Which is meant to change the color of the unread bookmark number (I think this could require enabling a setting in desktop SA?)

It temporarily changes the color when used, but when you refresh your bookmarks it’ll revert back to what you had previously.

Do you know if it changes the colour if you look on the web site?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Do you know if it changes the colour if you look on the web site?

Ooh, I've found something that'll help. It's color dependant. It's not that it's not working but some are actually selecting the wrong color.

The first 3 options, Orange, Red & Yellow actually work as they should.

The others all choose the color to the right of what you select, so grey -> blue, blue -> green, green -> purple and purple wraps around and makes it orange.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ah there is a setting somewhere on the forum to enable more colours, or a change that rolled out recently-ish, or something. Astral, if you’re here, do you know what I’m trying to remember?

This weekend I’ll try to see if LLDB can survive the ordeal of setting a breakpoint in that stuff…

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there something with the new TestFlight build that might’ve broken Twitter embeds for me? Not had an issue before today.

E: ah of course I should’ve checked settings first. The option got disabled.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is there something with the new TestFlight build that might’ve broken Twitter embeds for me? Not had an issue before today.

E: ah of course I should’ve checked settings first. The option got disabled.

Thanks, I had added that to my “to debug” list because I forgot that the settings got some work done recently and didn’t check mine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also Twitter is flaky af now so it might just be broken outside the app.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Ah there is a setting somewhere on the forum to enable more colours, or a change that rolled out recently-ish, or something. Astral, if you’re here, do you know what I’m trying to remember?

This weekend I’ll try to see if LLDB can survive the ordeal of setting a breakpoint in that stuff…

The only relevant setting should be having colors enabled or not. There are 6 colors nowadays (2020) instead of 3.

Sounds like there might be an off-by-one on the app's mapping for the new colors?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

astral posted:

Sounds like there might be an off-by-one on the app's mapping for the new colors?

Unprecedented, that sort of thing.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

spankmeister posted:

Looks like the long press scrolling vibration bug got fixed. The end of an era.

I had several workflows that were dependent on the app causing my phone to overheat and shut down from the haptic motor spam. Plz put it back in.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

All my favourite smilies are gone :(

I guess I have to readd them all?

Edit: upside, there’s only 1 of each, finally! Gone are the rows of 10–12 of the same one!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So... this is a pretty minor thing but it's bugged me for years and I thought I'd finally bring it to your attention: after I've pressed the iPad/iPhone's home button, the current thread title is missing when I switch back to the app.

Is that an easy fix?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

...! posted:

So... this is a pretty minor thing but it's bugged me for years and I thought I'd finally bring it to your attention: after I've pressed the iPad/iPhone's home button, the current thread title is missing when I switch back to the app.

Is that an easy fix?

It has also bugged me for years but I haven’t figured out what part of the webview’s lifecycle we’re holding wrong or whatever. That doesn’t mean it’s not an easy fix to someone else though!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Update: Awful won’t save any of my smiley favourites. If I close the app, it’s blank upon reopening. :(

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

The newest update switched my theme to OLED one (dark mode)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gbut posted:

The newest update switched my theme to OLED one (dark mode)

Good. That’s how it should be.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

The_Doctor posted:

Update: Awful won’t save any of my smiley favourites. If I close the app, it’s blank upon reopening. :(

Same.

E: On the other hand I don’t think I’d ever used that feature unless you had pointed it out to me right now.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The inverted menu thing is fuckin stupid