Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Looking forward to seeing articles about how the concurrent player count has dropped and therefore the game has failed.

There are a bunch of those already, as well as counter articles about how Palworld's player drop doesn't mean anything, and then counter-counter articles about how it totally does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It'll pick back up once Game Freak ports Palworld to the Switch.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pokemon news got me a little tempted to see about getting S/V but lmao it's still a full 80$ Canadian even before the DLCs.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

shining pearl and brilliant diamond’s issues had nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with being a half-baked product that stayed 100% faithful to Diamond and Pearl and completely ignored Platinum, the Gen IV game that people actually like

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Everyone getting distracted on the day of game of the year Shiren the Wanderer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Serpentcoil Island is so loving good. It's a big improvement over the last game because they made it far more about individual runs and less about building god weapons. It ends up just being a lot more fun to play and while you can still do the "build the ultimate weapon" thing, it requires more effort like in the original game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Augus posted:

shining pearl and brilliant diamond’s issues had nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with being a half-baked product that stayed 100% faithful to Diamond and Pearl and completely ignored Platinum, the Gen IV game that people actually like

has anyone ever implied SP/BD's failings were anything but a lack of effort/ambition?

the fidelity/performance criticisms have usually just been aimed and Sw/Sh, PL:A and S/V, which are all outclassed on a technical level by other Nintendo IPs like Zelda.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

has anyone ever implied SP/BD's failings were anything but a lack of effort/ambition?

like one page ago yes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The fact that the Switch has a bunch of great looking games that run flawlessly has not stopped a bunch of people blaming lost frames in their game of choice on the hardware being "weak."

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

ImpAtom posted:

Serpentcoil Island is so loving good. It's a big improvement over the last game because they made it far more about individual runs and less about building god weapons.

I would disagree with this, because something like 80% of the dungeons in Shiren 5 didn't let you take any items in and were already pure, metaprogressionless roguelike perfection. Building up god weapons and shields were just so you could clown on the few postgame dungeons that let you bring items in.

My copy of Shiren 6 isn't here yet :negative:

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

the fidelity/performance criticisms have usually just been aimed and Sw/Sh, PL:A and S/V, which are all outclassed on a technical level by other Nintendo IPs like Zelda.

That’s definitely how I felt. I was hoping for a larger reimagining of D/P like they did for Ruby and Sapphire on 3DS or even the Lets Go games. I assume they were going for a Link’s Awakening kind of direction for those games, but they ended up looking like upscaled DS games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinite Wealth has the better Pokemon game anyways.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oxyclean posted:

its because they didnt get game freak, the good devs, on it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

I would disagree with this, because something like 80% of the dungeons in Shiren 5 didn't let you take any items in and were already pure, metaprogressionless roguelike perfection. Building up god weapons and shields were just so you could clown on the few postgame dungeons that let you bring items in.

My copy of Shiren 6 isn't here yet :negative:

Oh, I meant like the main story stuff. The side stuff in Shiren 5 was perfect.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Just got to watch the Pokemon Presents. I appreciated that it was just a video and not a live stream so I could skip past all the mobile game poo poo I don't care about.

The Legends Z-A announcement hit me in a funny place.

I appreciated the "Urban Redesign: Lumiose City" bit a lot. I will preface this with "I am a huge nerd." See, Paris (which Lumiose City is based on) got a redesign by a famous urban planner in the 1800s.

I choose to believe this is intentional because X and Y were very much in tune with northwest France. If you've ever been there, you can spot a lot of familiar locations. Also the French localization of X/Y was excellent. Definitive version of the game, as far as I'm concerned.

Guess I'll be playing this in French! I could use to brush up a bit anyway.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
pokemon scarlet and violet have better performance than baldur's gate 3

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

I appreciated the "Urban Redesign: Lumiose City" bit a lot. I will preface this with "I am a huge nerd." See, Paris (which Lumiose City is based on) got a redesign by a famous urban planner in the 1800s.

I choose to believe this is intentional because X and Y were very much in tune with northwest France. If you've ever been there, you can spot a lot of familiar locations. Also the French localization of X/Y was excellent. Definitive version of the game, as far as I'm concerned. .

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t intentional given it’s a pretty high-profile event in the city’s history

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Truly the Switch is not powerful enough to handle a remake of a DS game.

Not from those devs under the ludicrous circumstances that they're put under for no real good reason at this junction.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t intentional given it’s a pretty high-profile event in the city’s history

I'd imagine! But I didn't know how widely known that was outside of France. I never learned about it in (US) school. I only learned about it when I did a study abroad. :shrug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Looper posted:

In what reality is this remotely true?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

Yup.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Looper posted:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Charlie Brown had hoes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you want good performance, try a fully EV/IV-optimised Volcarona. BG3 could never handle that poo poo.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Amazon is selling physical copies of Tactics Ogre: Reborn for the switch at 30 dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactics-Ogre-Reborn-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0B8T7GBCT/

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Charlie Brown had hoes.

But were they in different area codes?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Gumdrop Larry posted:

:rock:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Looper posted:

yeah but S/V doesn't have a twink vampire

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Gumdrop Larry posted:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Aerofallosov posted:

Amazon is selling physical copies of Tactics Ogre: Reborn for the switch at 30 dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactics-Ogre-Reborn-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0B8T7GBCT/

Is it any good though? the Nintendo Life Review didn't seem to like it very much.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

eightysixed posted:

Is it any good though? the Nintendo Life Review didn't seem to like it very much.

I loved FFTA as a kid and have tried to play it again many times, but everything is far too slow. TO:R is almost everything I wanted - speedy animations, lots of classes, etc. Agreed that it's kind of ugly but the tactics play is so good. I had just finished Triangle Strategy and TO is more fun moment-to-moment, and more satisfying as a strategy game.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

beer gas canister posted:

I loved FFTA as a kid and have tried to play it again many times, but everything is far too slow. TO:R is almost everything I wanted - speedy animations, lots of classes, etc. Agreed that it's kind of ugly but the tactics play is so good. I had just finished Triangle Strategy and TO is more fun moment-to-moment, and more satisfying as a strategy game.

Doesn’t hurt that unlike Triangle Strategy the voice acting is actually good lol.

Still can’t get over that one lady who sounded like a newscaster.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Did they officially name it the Super Nintendo Switch yet?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

eightysixed posted:

It’s one of the best tactics games. The remakes improvements I felt were good and rebalanced some broken units. The game still has some stuff that’s weird to do through the menus with regards equipment but the game itself is excellent.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Oxyclean posted:

Pokemon news got me a little tempted to see about getting S/V but lmao it's still a full 80$ Canadian even before the DLCs.

I bought it on a whim about a month back and regret it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

if your game looks and runs worse than Xenoblade 3, BotW, and TotK then its obviously a lazy dev skill issue simple as.

No lied detected 💅

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just remembered I never finished TOTK lmao.

Wintendo has two many gud gaymes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Just remembered I never finished TOTK lmao.

Wintendo has two many gud gaymes

TOTK FTMFW

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

beer gas canister posted:

This is an overwhelmingly positive review. I loved TS so now I have to get this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://x.com/stephentotilo/status/1762576287313322326?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

Get poo poo on dirty pirates!! Based Ninty wins another one.