Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Indecisive posted:

thats just the classic HL2 experience

I didn't have a Reggie to laugh at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
For all the gently caress ups it's been a lot more watchable for me than the Black Mesa playthrough but I'm guessing he got better at that too toward the end. I was worried this would be the same kinda thing but it seems to have clicked a bit more since he got the gravity gun. At the very least the gently caress ups have been more funny than frustrating to watch imo.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
The only part of the HL2 LP that's kinda painful to watch for me is him shuffling through every gun each time, but that's just tied to his weird lack of any keyboard experience like everything else. It definitely got a lot better after the boat too, since that whole section Reggie was pretty quiet cause he was feeling sick, so once they got out of it he was back to being more actively commentating.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://clips.twitch.tv/BigFineSandpiperRickroll-3o8_2J9s5mOxusFL

John is having so much fun with Omikron

edit: immediate volume warning

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm curious, has pat been talking about his thoughts as he's been making his way through One Piece on his streams, or has he kept pretty quiet about it? if he's been talking about it, does anyone have timestamps? I'd love to hear his takes on some stuff as he's going through it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm curious, has pat been talking about his thoughts as he's been making his way through One Piece on his streams, or has he kept pretty quiet about it? if he's been talking about it, does anyone have timestamps? I'd love to hear his takes on some stuff as he's going through it.

I think he hasn't made much progress on it due to baby and other stuff. I feel like I remember him saying that sometime this/last week.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
makes sense. I just enjoyed his actual enthusiasm about it when he brought it up on the podcast, but thought he might have stopped doing that to avoid having the Weekly One Piece Update or something

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, he answers on streams when asked but also on the direct stream this week he mentioned that he's gotten really slowed down because his reading time was when he was on baby duty and the kid was asleep... And now the kid is asleep a lot less.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Overlord K posted:

The only part of the HL2 LP that's kinda painful to watch for me is him shuffling through every gun each time, but that's just tied to his weird lack of any keyboard experience like everything else. It definitely got a lot better after the boat too, since that whole section Reggie was pretty quiet cause he was feeling sick, so once they got out of it he was back to being more actively commentating.

Yeah, agreed 100%, until they got off the boat I was considering dropping it. He tried remedying the gun switching thing by using that half keyboard thing, it has like thumb buttons on the side or something that he's mapped everything to but he's still having trouble due to whatever part of Woolie's brain that causes him to be the worst at navigating menus and such. I swear every time he opened the menu in Elden Ring he'd go to the wrong thing first before navigating to the right thing which was often the very first thing, Equipment, and he'd frequently get lost in the crafting menu he kept ignoring. The thing with the guns seems similar to that but he might be getting used to his own keybindings still I guess.

Also perhaps I'm just not remembering correctly as it's been a long rear end time, but the thing he's mentioned about the default HL2 settings having you confirm your weapon selection, was that actually NOT the default? I remember it just being like, press 2 twice for revolver and such without the confirm, but perhaps I changed the setting. I remember liking it quite a bit and having a confirm thrown in there sounds like garbage.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 23, 2024

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Default behaviour in HL2 was always press button to cycle through a category, click to switch to your selection.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Huh, yeah I must have changed the option then. Weird that they did it that way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ConanThe3rd posted:

The ending to this week's podcast is something else.

Seinfeld ending even

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HELLO I have no idea why there are not 3 straight pages reacting to this intro but I clicked on the youtube vod today and was met with the most unbelievable intro I have ever seen (I did play & beat yakuza 0 back in 2017-2018 and got swept allll up in the mania on here at the time) and the first 9 seconds of this I had to pause because I was screaming laughing too hard to focus. just absolute perfect execution. total commitment. this might be the most perfect 34 seconds on the internet and reggie is a perfect friend. the shoutout to little V at the end 😭

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulCooperativeClamTinyFace-gRH4weOR0ykPXjkp

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 25, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's extremely good

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

beep by grandpa posted:

HELLO I have no idea why there are not 3 straight pages reacting to this intro but I clicked on the youtube vod today and was met with the most unbelievable intro I have ever seen (I did play & beat yakuza 0 back in 2017-2018 and got swept allll up in the mania on here at the time) and the first 9 seconds of this I had to pause because I was screaming laughing too hard to focus. just absolute perfect execution. total commitment. this might be the most perfect 34 seconds on the internet and reggie is a perfect friend. the shoutout to little V at the end 😭

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulCooperativeClamTinyFace-gRH4weOR0ykPXjkp
I can confirm that the boys are, in fact, back in town.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shinjobi posted:

It's extremely good

:hmmyes:

Also, Woolie has a really nice apartment!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie is a house owner.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Rody One Half posted:

I greatly enjoy solo Pat, but yes Woolie needs Pat or Reggie or whomever.

His slow descent into madness during the Reboot playthrough was incredible.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tae posted:

Woolie is a house owner.

Oh, even better

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUR3hwO5t0

Reggie...

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Tae posted:

Woolie is a house owner.

The Woolgeoisie.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/peachsaliva/status/1761830713446568267

Time to cancel this sick gently caress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He'd have to imagine the joke in his head in his own voice and fail to comprehend.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I get the joke, but it just kinda doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/ianhmg/status/1387886644502548480
https://twitter.com/ianhmg/status/1397423698215243781

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Quick, add that to the wiki!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pennsylvanian posted:

I get the joke, but it just kinda doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

It's a pretty bad joke.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vandar posted:

It's a pretty bad joke.

It's a good one. I'm sorry you didn't get it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The is clever but not like haha lol clever, sorry

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Today on the podcast, we learn that Woolie's adventist background disabled him from entertainment after sabbath/friday dusk - growing up in grenada. But more importantly, Pat's stepbrother had no chance at being decent because Pat's mother was one of THOSE mothers.

Also, noted albino game developer AMGSheena is today's guest!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
whooooof

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pat's talked about his scumbag brother before, but I don't think he's ever mentioned that he's his step brother.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Dabir posted:

Pat's talked about his scumbag brother before, but I don't think he's ever mentioned that he's his step brother.

He rarely said stepbrother, but he did mention that he came from his dad's first marriage.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Today on the podcast, we learn that Woolie's adventist background disabled him from entertainment after sabbath/friday dusk - growing up in grenada. But more importantly, Pat's stepbrother had no chance at being decent because Pat's mother was one of THOSE mothers.

i literally gasped :dogstare:

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I'd probably turn out to be a total piece of poo poo too, jesus christ.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

loving hell.

My parents are still twitchy enough about favouritism that I'll sometimes get money sent to me to 'keep me even with my sister' if they give her some. And vice versa. We're in our mid 30s.

Can't even imagine being that open and unashamed about favouritism. Or being on the receiving end of it like Pat's apparently much more understandably deadshit brother. Christ

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I like Paige's reactions in the chat of "holy fuckin poo poo" and "I never knew that". Just a big mind blower all around.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Also, noted albino game developer AMGSheena is today's guest!

Sure looks like Pat's not entirely innocent here.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I haven't had a chance to get to the podcast. Does the albino guy/gal chime in on the ongoing 1 vs 2 thing Woolie has/had going for his chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's not wrong tho