Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Sab669 posted:

I suppose it varies on Build/Class, but generally how much HP should you have for Empowered Monoliths? I finally unlocked them.

41% Glancing Blow chance.

Definitely just get 1 shot by random things now :v:
So begins the "Find what I already have but with more +HP on it" segment of ARPGs that usually burns me out...

I'm doing them as blast rain traps marksman, so pretty similar build wise as you, with less hp (about 1k-1.1) and uncapped void/poison/necrotic resist, so you should be totally fine.

No need for HP if you just annihilate everything from the edge of the screen.

Suburban Dad posted:

When do you get blessings? I haven't gotten any unlocked yet and not sure when that is supposed to happen or what they are yet.

They come from clearing monoliths. Every time you do one you get to pick from a pool specific to that monolith, and you can have one blessing from each monolith active at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
To clarify, "clearing Monolith" = run Echoes to increase the Stability of the Timeline until you're able to run the 3 Quest Echoes, the last one being the boss fight which rewards the Blessing (and if you go through this process again you can change out the Blessing).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

No need for HP if you just annihilate everything from the edge of the screen.

My homebrew Acid Flask + Explosive Trap combo build certainly has fallen off a bit as far as Damage goes.
But I have so many pieces of supremely outdated gear that are far from optimal.

I think I need to tighten up my Loot Filters but I don't want to :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

whypick1 posted:

To clarify, "clearing Monolith" = run Echoes to increase the Stability of the Timeline until you're able to run the 3 Quest Echoes, the last one being the boss fight which rewards the Blessing (and if you go through this process again you can change out the Blessing).

Cool, thanks.

What's best for monos, bee lining to clear them or full clearing for more stability?

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
you want regular monoliths finished asap so you can jump into empowered monoliths, level 100 variants with far better drop rates that also let you stack corruption past the normal cap for more risk/reward benefits; empowered monoliths also have blessings that are far stronger than the regular versions so it doesnt make sense to target farm normal monos

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Is this game worth getting? I loved Diablo 2, played a bit of POE and loads of Grimdawn

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Ash Crimson posted:

loads of Grimdawn

Yes.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Sweetgrass posted:

it doesnt make sense to target farm normal monos

Yeah, if you need to do some target farming to get over the hump into surviving empowered I think you're better off using the fifty million arena and dungeon keys you've had drop and leveraging their mechanics (choices of drop rate bonuses for different item slots per dungeon level or arena tier, or the stacking chest mechanics from Lightless Arbor in particular) to target specific slots or other drop types.

Or prophecies if you're CoF.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Do enemies have natural resistances? While it would totally nerf my build it makes my eyelid twitch when I can stack a bunch of bleeds on skeletons just as fast as any other enemy type.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

fall of the outcasts is funny cause you only do it twice. once at the start (hope u get lucky for the exp blessing).. then later when you're lvl 100. :)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Game director gave a state of the game/upcoming changes on the subreddit and they hit #39 most concurrent players on steam all time. I think they faaaaar underestimated demand for a good ARPG

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Game director gave a state of the game/upcoming changes on the subreddit and they hit #39 most concurrent players on steam all time. I think they faaaaar underestimated demand for a good ARPG

lol again at the person who estimated 10K people :v:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zoux posted:

Man I hope they fix the weird tooltip bugs soon

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Sab669 posted:

lol again at the person who estimated 10K people :v:

Who the gently caress said 10k???

nerox
May 20, 2001

Sab669 posted:

My homebrew Acid Flask + Explosive Trap combo build certainly has fallen off a bit as far as Damage goes.
But I have so many pieces of supremely outdated gear that are far from optimal.

I think I need to tighten up my Loot Filters but I don't want to :v:

Here is my simple way to do a loot filter:

1) Take a basic loot filter and load it.
2) Find a color or two that is otherwise unused.
3) Make a rule that recolors to an unused color any item with the best affixes for your class (don't add resistances yet)
4) Clone that rule, click the emphasize button, then make it for 2 matches for those affixes (also add resistances)
5) Clone rule from #4, change the recolor to the other unused color and no emphasis, make it for 3 matches
6) Clone rule from #5, hit emphasize, make it for 4 matches.

Make sure rule #6 is first rule, then #5, then #4, then #3. This makes gear with any affixes you may want stand out from everything else. At some point you can stop showing the lower rules or if you are swimming in shatter runes, just immediately shatter anything that drops under these rules to build up a supply. You can eventually start making these rules stricter and add stuff with exalted affixes. It makes it pretty quick to get items with 3-4 good affixes with everything at T5 and maybe an exalted if you are lucky.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Some new tech for the falconer shadow dagger build:
you can roll a good ”Ward gained when you create a shadow” on chest and helm.
I got a t6 on my chest armor and have a constant 2k ward
lol ok you can stand and autocast it in between echoes to let in build up to 4-5k

saihttam fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 27, 2024

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Man I hope they fix the weird tooltip bugs soon

SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK TO SELLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

queeb posted:

My prediction, 10k peak players

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

Impermanent posted:

I'm just gonna quote you now so it's preserved

Magitek fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 27, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

nerox posted:

Here is my simple way to do a loot filter:

1) Take a basic loot filter and load it.
2) Find a color or two that is otherwise unused.
3) Make a rule that recolors to an unused color any item with the best affixes for your class (don't add resistances yet)
4) Clone that rule, click the emphasize button, then make it for 2 matches for those affixes (also add resistances)
5) Clone rule from #4, change the recolor to the other unused color and no emphasis, make it for 3 matches
6) Clone rule from #5, hit emphasize, make it for 4 matches.

Make sure rule #6 is first rule, then #5, then #4, then #3. This makes gear with any affixes you may want stand out from everything else. At some point you can stop showing the lower rules or if you are swimming in shatter runes, just immediately shatter anything that drops under these rules to build up a supply. You can eventually start making these rules stricter and add stuff with exalted affixes. It makes it pretty quick to get items with 3-4 good affixes with everything at T5 and maybe an exalted if you are lucky.

That's a pretty good system, I'm not as organized.

I have like a basic "Hide all Whites/Blues" that I start every filter with, then Hide item types I won't be using. Then just like emphasize drops with the Affixes my build cares about / good defensive affixes.

Mostly I just need to refine the Affix level requirements in order to not be Hidden. And dig through the base item types I know I really want.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jack Trades posted:

God drat. I wanted to switch to something that wasn't a Rogue, but I'm finding several different "+2 to max balliste" items and it takes all my willpower to not do some stupid spam ballistae build.

Same for me but minion stuff, this game really wants me to play a necro.

Or primalist maybe

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Also I have like 4 rules at the top to hide class-specific Ornate/Grand/Large/Adorned Idols, but I still see them all the loving time and I don't know why.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Sab669 posted:

That's a pretty good system, I'm not as organized.

I have like a basic "Hide all Whites/Blues" that I start every filter with, then Hide item types I won't be using. Then just like emphasize drops with the Affixes my build cares about / good defensive affixes.

Mostly I just need to refine the Affix level requirements in order to not be Hidden. And dig through the base item types I know I really want.

That's why I start with a basic lootfilter so that it already has show all legendary items and hide all this and that in it already. I like the lootfilter in that you can change it incrementally as you acquire more stuff easily.

I also think you are doing yourself a disservice if you just use the lootfilter that a build guide gives you. It really helps to know why this item is being emphasized and recolored so at least read through your loot filters and see what they are doing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The basic loot filter I set up for all my new characters is:

1. A rule to show all Set/Exalted/Uniques
2. Any number of rules to hide base item types I don't want
3. A rule to show one or more affixes I want for my character
4. A rule to hide all affixes
5. A rule to hide all whites

That way getting rid of an item or increasing the number of affixes I want is one rule change in one place, and I pare down both as I level before setting up a 'real' loot filter when I get to the End with individual rules for each item slot to target upgrades.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Suburban Dad posted:

Cool, thanks.

What's best for monos, bee lining to clear them or full clearing for more stability?

Definitely just bee-line rush to the objective. Going a bit out of the way if the sealed mage is around is worth it, but you wanna be just spamming nodes so you can get to the boss and repeat.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The further out you get the more stability you earn. For empowered, bee line early ones then consider clearing some of the later ones.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah that guy that said 10k is dumb as gently caress

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The amount of Ingvar's Head and Rotminds I've found is too goddamn high. What's a brother gotta do to find a Vial of Volatile Ice, goddamn

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Paladin question: should I stick with Lunge or spec Healing Hands into a traversal skill?

Never mind. The answer turned out to be that Lunge was faster.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sab669 posted:

The amount of Ingvar's Head and Rotminds I've found is too goddamn high. What's a brother gotta do to find a Vial of Volatile Ice, goddamn

I rolled in to Soulfire Bastion with two prophecies for unique off-hands to accomplish there. The first one thankfully gave me Volatile Ice, but also gave me a Frey's Retreat. The second one gave me two Frey's Retreat. And then got a Frey's Retreat as a random drop. What I mean is, sometimes the game really wants you to play a specific build.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

loving sick. Just going to Warpath everything with this.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've been playing an entirely minion based build minus abomination, and it's been pretty poggers so far. I have yet to unlock all the normal monoliths yet though, and I can definitely see myself slowing down. I'm like level 76 and just unlocked uhhh fall of the empire, i might need to refine my skills and passives.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Thank you Diablo. loving get a loot filter already

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

What's the process to bypass the campaign for alts? Is it just "get keys to each dungeon then run them on your new person"?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Essentially. The dungeons end with you out in different places on the map that let you skip waypoints and quests.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ghostlight posted:

The basic loot filter I set up for all my new characters is:

1. A rule to show all Set/Exalted/Uniques
2. Any number of rules to hide base item types I don't want
3. A rule to show one or more affixes I want for my character
4. A rule to hide all affixes
5. A rule to hide all whites

That way getting rid of an item or increasing the number of affixes I want is one rule change in one place, and I pare down both as I level before setting up a 'real' loot filter when I get to the End with individual rules for each item slot to target upgrades.

My general midgame is:

1. Show all Set/Unique
2. Hide all White/Blue
3. Show affixes I want
4. Hide all Idols
5. Hide all White/Blue/Yellow

That ends up showing all sets, uniques, and purples, and then also any yellows and idols that have specific affixes I want. Sometimes I add in additional hide rules for item tyoes (like offhands if I'm using a two handed weapon), but usually not since everything is going to have an affix I can about and so I can at least crush it in the forge for shards. But yeah, like you I can pretty much change what I'm targeting just by updating the affixes rule.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
e: nvm I cannot read.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The 10k player prediction was obviously terrible considering they had a fairly random request for people to log in to stress test their servers last year during early access, without all that much advertising or word of mouth, and got ~40k people to show up for it. Obviously those 40k people were mostly either idling in town or doing endgame monoliths which is why the campaign zone transition issues didn't immediately jump out as a problem but cest la vie. I would have predicted ~150k players at launch based on the numbers during early access so to almost double that is quite a feat. If they manage to roll out 1.1 fairly quickly and the server stability issues continue to dwindle I think they are going to sustain a very healthy player base which is awesome.

SHISHKABOB posted:

I've been playing an entirely minion based build minus abomination, and it's been pretty poggers so far. I have yet to unlock all the normal monoliths yet though, and I can definitely see myself slowing down. I'm like level 76 and just unlocked uhhh fall of the empire, i might need to refine my skills and passives.

Yeah at some point you will need to get more specific with your minions. Just throwing points at minion abilities makes leveling up really easy and fun but eventually you start getting to the higher level monoliths and running into damage issues and also minion survivability issues at around the same time. Skellies typically fall off at around that point and you need to consider whether you want to rely on your golem, your mages, your wraiths, or your zombies to do most of your damage and then support them accordingly.

E: I also need to say that I never noticed that the bears the teleport onto you when you aggro them are called Jahith Bear until somebody said something on reddit and I am ashamed.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 28, 2024

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If you're lazy like me this build owns and is even stronger in 1.0 due to new items with minion implicits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnaEX8W0C8

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

I'm a big dumb baby who hasn't played since early last year. Any links to posts on cool death knight or spoopy mage builds and basics of early to post game? Much appreciated.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Allie's loot filter is very good for the amount of exalts you get in CoF.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/loot-filters/view/0AKZbXob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4RGTF4n5cQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Does the campaign continue once I progress a bit in the Monoliths, or was killing the Snake Lady the end of the current content?

I know that the story is often secondary to most ARPGs players, but I tend to want to connect to some NPCs and/or Villains, and all I got was a whole one scene with the Immortal Emperor - and I'm still not sure who the "big bad" is or if there even is one. Alric-totally-not-the-Main-Character and Zerrick were fun for the chapter they showed up in, but they felt like too little too late. I really expected Elder Gaspar to play a much bigger role than he has so far.

Also, what was up with that Bird Platform flying sequence? Why make something so unique last for a minute at most!

Overall I feel the campaign so far has been a little bit of a let-down, but on the bright side it wasn't bad. I might get a better impression of it if I play it without the launch-week issues of very long loading screens and frequent disconnects.