Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

This is hilarious.

"I was speculating when I said I was certain it happened on that date."

What a complete shitshow this whole process has been on all sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fuckin lol

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

The just sounds so tired of this hearing.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I need a refresher. Did the defendant's counsel claim that Bradley had said Wade and Willis had started knocking boots earlier than they said?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Eric Cantonese posted:

I need a refresher. Did the defendant's counsel claim that Bradley had said Wade and Willis had started knocking boots earlier than they said?

Yeah. She has text messages from Bradley where he was gossiping. But now that he is being called on it he is claiming that it was all just that, gossip.

Velocity Raptor posted:

The just sounds so tired of this hearing.

He is my mood Kindred.

Him finding this dry and annoying probably bodes well.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Help me out: is this the guy who left his previous job due to a sexual assault allegation, or am I getting these clowns confused again?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Caros posted:

Yeah. She has text messages from Bradley where he was gossiping. But now that he is being called on it he is claiming that it was all just that, gossip.

Are he and Wade still friends?

Because real friends wouldn't do that to you.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Help me out: is this the guy who left his previous job due to a sexual assault allegation, or am I getting these clowns confused again?

Left is a very diplomatic way of putting it, but yeah

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Yes.

He's profoundly, profoundly, profoundly stupid for gossipping with an opposing lawyer about a client. I cannot fathom doing what he did.

I posted in this thread before, the capacity of prosecutors to be complete failures of lawyers is boundless. That they would permit the prosecution of a President to devolve into this mess is unbelievable.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oracle posted:

Left is a very diplomatic way of putting it, but yeah

Christ, these people. :unsmigghh:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

BigHead posted:

Yes.

He's profoundly, profoundly, profoundly stupid for gossipping with an opposing lawyer about a client. I cannot fathom doing what he did.

I posted in this thread before, the capacity of prosecutors to be complete failures of lawyers is boundless. That they would permit the prosecution of a President to devolve into this mess is unbelievable.

This guy wasn't a prosecutor, he was a partner of Wade, and probably sucked rear end as an attorney since he was taking work for like $40 an hour to do boring tasks for the prosecutors office.

He'll probably wind up disbarred after all of this on top of the sexual assaults.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Eric Cantonese posted:

Are he and Wade still friends?

Because real friends wouldn't do that to you.

He was asked on the stand and waffled about it for about five seconds before saying 'yeah I guess we are frienda'

Sounds like a lovely friend. Which, given he is a sex pest who got poo poo canned... Yeah.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

He was asked on the stand and waffled about it for about five seconds before saying 'yeah I guess we are frienda'

Sounds like a lovely friend. Which, given he is a sex pest who got poo poo canned... Yeah.

Weird that all the material witnesses for the GOP side of things happen to be traitors, fascists, criminals, sex pests, or a combination of those.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Angry_Ed posted:

Weird that all the material witnesses for the GOP side of things happen to be traitors, fascists, criminals, sex pests, or a combination of those.

I think you'll find that's because the entire FBI and all prosecutors are woke leftist members of the Deep State fabricating cases against true heroes willing to speak out against the vast Biden Crime Empire

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

This guy wasn't a prosecutor, he was a partner of Wade, and probably sucked rear end as an attorney since he was taking work for like $40 an hour to do boring tasks for the prosecutors office.

He'll probably wind up disbarred after all of this on top of the sexual assaults.

Please let them know that for $40/hr I will do those boring tasks and not commit sexual assaults tia.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was linked this clip and came to this thread to see if there was more info because it seems pretty... insane https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1762562886663029031

Covers what was posted by Lisa Rubin but with a lot more of the awkward moments of the maga team attorney sounding less than pleased with what she was hearing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

I was linked this clip and came to this thread to see if there was more info because it seems pretty... insane https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1762562886663029031

Covers what was posted by Lisa Rubin but with a lot more of the awkward moments of the maga team attorney sounding less than pleased with what she was hearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOVbAmknKUk

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Which side called Bradley as a witness? Was it the defense or the prosecution? Because if it was the defense and this was the prosecution's cross (which it sounds like from that short clip) lol.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Which side called Bradley as a witness? Was it the defense or the prosecution? Because if it was the defense and this was the prosecution's cross (which it sounds like from that short clip) lol.

He was a prosecution defense witness because he made a remark about when the affair began once, and they wanted to admit it as evidence. On the stand he rescinded it, claiming he was just BSing and didn't actually know anything.

Edit: Got mixed up on what "prosecution" and "defense" means in this case. The defense is bringing up the accusations against Fani Willis, so they're acting as prosecutors in this process. He's their witness.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 28, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's even the end goal of the Trump side? If Willis is kicked off, wouldn't she just be replaced by whoever the #2 prosecutor is and no big deal? Or is Trump trying to argue the entire office is tainted.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

That's correct. Lmao.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What's even the end goal of the Trump side? If Willis is kicked off, wouldn't she just be replaced by whoever the #2 prosecutor is and no big deal? Or is Trump trying to argue the entire office is tainted.

If willis were disqualified it would disqualify her whole office and force the prosecution to be handled by the state AG, which would likely delay things for the foreseeable future. Another case that was similarly bumped like a year ago still doesn't officially have a new prosecutor appointed.

That said after today that ain't happening unless this judge is a Maga chud sufficient to have killed the case anyway like Cannon.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

McAfee isn't tossing this down the ladder based on this shoddy, hosed up defense

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

If Willis is kicked off then the case then her entire office is disqualified and Georgia may or may not find another prosecutor. Even if they do, it will delay the trial past the election.

So far the Trump team has entirely failed to prove, or really substantiate in any way, that Willis personally benefitted from hiring Wade though. It seems that they thought they had testimony that it turned out they didn't actually have.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Probably hoping to God they can squeeze another delay out of the delay tree that has been oh so generous to Trump over his lifetime.

e: third in line, just listen to the smarter guys above me

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

The longer any of his infinite court cases are delayed the closer he gets to potentially not being prosecuted due to effective Presidential immunity from crimes. That is his entire strategy and unfortunately the US political and legal system is borked enough that it really is his best bet to not spend the rest of his life broke and/or in jail.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Orthanc6 posted:

The longer any of his infinite court cases are delayed the closer he gets to potentially not being prosecuted due to effective Presidential immunity from crimes. That is his entire strategy and unfortunately the US political and legal system is borked enough that it really is his best bet to not spend the rest of his life broke and/or in jail.

The Georgia case still lives!...?

The funniest outcome is that he wins the presidency from state prison* in GA. I don't even think it's that unlikely.

*conviction pending appeal, on house arrest

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Tesseraction posted:

I was linked this clip and came to this thread to see if there was more info because it seems pretty... insane

I remember seeing "that moment" in a lot of high profile cases or legal actions where you just know it's completely sunk the loving thing, and usually its terrible poo poo like the prosecution handing kyle rittenhouse total freedom. So this time i'm glad it's this dipshit ending his professional life

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

They're stalling for time. Trumps overall legal strategy for all his cases is transparently, "get back into office, declare self dictator for life, purge enemies, order room service."

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Nitrousoxide posted:

I am pretty sure that Bradley was a witness identified and called by Merchant, the lawyer for Trump’s side (technically for one of his co-defendants but it’s just as good for Trump if this case goes Merchant’s way) and this clip was Merchant trying to get him to substantiate the gossiping he did to her that got her to launch the case and he was just absolutely refusing to.

Edit: like it is absolutely clear to me from today that Bradley was poo poo-talking his former friend and client Wade, possibly due to Bradley-being-fired-for-sexual-harassment-and-resenting-his-now-lower-income-and-stature-reasons, and Merchant heard him, and she decided to launch all of this on the assumption that somewhere in Wade and Willis’ history and Wade’s divorce she could find evidence, and it all turned into a massive wet fart where no other evidence existed.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 28, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If willis were disqualified it would disqualify her whole office and force the prosecution to be handled by the state AG, which would likely delay things for the foreseeable future. Another case that was similarly bumped like a year ago still doesn't officially have a new prosecutor appointed.

That said after today that ain't happening unless this judge is a Maga chud sufficient to have killed the case anyway like Cannon.

Wait, why would Willis getting DQ for being improperly horny also apply to the whole office?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Wait, why would Willis getting DQ for being improperly horny also apply to the whole office?

Georgia law

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

They're all improperly horny.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

She runs the office. All the other prosecutors in the office are her employees and subordinates, and therefore highly vulnerable to potentially being influenced by her.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Agents are GO! posted:

They're all improperly horny.

Horny jail for everyone. One year.

We will reconvene here on March 1 2025.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

Horny jail for everyone. One year.

We will reconvene here on March 1 2025.

I don’t know if putting all the horny people in prison is going to lead to less sex.

We need to break the cycle of the horny prison industrial complex. Or at least lube it.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
I thought Willis already said that there was no way Trump's GA trial was happening before the election anyway? I hate how all these charges were delayed, they should have brought these cases in 21/22. Criminal cases have no shortage of delays because of all the Constitutional concerns.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Duey posted:

I thought Willis already said that there was no way Trump's GA trial was happening before the election anyway? I hate how all these charges were delayed, they should have brought these cases in 21/22. Criminal cases have no shortage of delays because of all the Constitutional concerns.

No, the plan was for the trial to start in I believe April or May. That's why this hearing is happening now as a pretrial motion.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Wait, why would Willis getting DQ

good place for u kno what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

She runs the office. All the other prosecutors in the office are her employees and subordinates, and therefore highly vulnerable to potentially being influenced by her.

“She can influence the prosuectors” isn’t actually a thing that can DQ her.

The thing that is suppose to be DQing her is the idea that she was sabotaging the trial and making it take sooooo long because she was trying to pay her boyfriend extra. Or something like that. They never really had a good theory, but the judge still has to hear it out.