Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
drat a failed businessman and former Rupert Murdoch employee is a right wing piece of poo poo? Who could have seen this coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

not good

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I feel like i do a good job personally distancing myself emotionally from lovely internet opinions, but this is making me legit furious

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

There are a lot of factors at play here, but it's the callousness that gets me. Nothing is real to these people. Nothing means anything to them as long as they can get Their Side a "win". It's really horrible stuff in ways frankly outside the scope of this thread.

gently caress Ice Cube Jr.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And I thought CNN saying we can't know for certain the motives of the man screaming free Palestine while on fire would be the reaction to it that would make me the most angry but here we are

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Deleted, does anyone have a screenshot?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

closet statist posted:

Deleted, does anyone have a screenshot?

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

:gonk: Jesus christ

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
weak apology but better than we'll ever get out of Heyman

https://twitter.com/OsheaJacksonJr/status/1762574288371306974?t=Zwheha8k8shn1Ryy79DvQA&s=19

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

I guess it's plausible, Ice Cube Jr. is pretty stupid

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is it even possible to see a quote tweet without seeing the actual tweet itself?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
going to level with you that tweet quoted is not at all coherent.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i thought that guy was saying "libtard" for one of the not weird reasons people use that word

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
When I first started getting into American rap I was a real big fan of Ice Cube but maybe he and his dipshit son should have just stayed in the 90s. Maybe I should've got into Wu-Tang Clan instead of NWA first.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Quote tweeting a hater

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I definitely believe that guy is dumb enough to write and send that tweet without understanding what he was replying to. I also don't think this will even slightly affect his opinion of Paul Heyman.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

super macho dude posted:

Quote tweeting a hater

Quote tweeting a hater but NOT in the hate crime way.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

When I first started getting into American rap I was a real big fan of Ice Cube but maybe he and his dipshit son should have just stayed in the 90s. Maybe I should've got into Wu-Tang Clan instead of NWA first.

Amerikkkas Most Wanted is still a classic

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nwa is trash, g-funk/west coast is easily the worst major regional style of rap. i will die on this hill.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

post hole digger posted:

nwa is trash, g-funk/west coast is easily the worst major regional style of rap. i will die on this hill.
It went NWA > Jay-Z > Nas > Tyler The Creator for me, I didn't grow up with american hip-hop or rap I should probably get into Run The Jewels or Wu-Tang Clan or some groups that aren't weird

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

It went NWA > Jay-Z > Nas > Tyler The Creator for me, I didn't grow up with american hip-hop or rap I should probably get into Run The Jewels or Wu-Tang Clan or some groups that aren't weird

Get into The Coup

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

forkboy84 posted:

Get into The Coup
Alright 30 seconds into My Favorite Mutiny and it's already the best of Nas and Jay-Z with some Outkast thrown in

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Gonzo McFee posted:

drat a failed businessman and former Rupert Murdoch employee is a right wing piece of poo poo? Who could have seen this coming.
When did Heyman work for Murdoch?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

Reported for disrespecting The South.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Ice Cube’s kid is the first celebrity who places the WWE above himself. Every other celebrity, from c-list reality shows to d-list nu metal acts have always been portrayed as being above WWE on the mainstream popularity index.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

post hole digger posted:

This is objectively one of the worst takes I’ve ever read. Chronic, chronic 2001, westside connection, fuckin Nate dogg and Warren g???

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

C. Everett Koop posted:

Reported for disrespecting The South.
Oh, sorry to all the Nelly and Pitbull fans out there

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The_Rob posted:

This is objectively one of the worst takes I’ve ever read. Chronic, chronic 2001, westside connection, fuckin Nate dogg and Warren g???

I was going to bat for West Coadt, like how can you not when it lead to Odd Future and Black Hippy, but trying to rehab G-funk by appealing to Warren G and Nate "I am the worse Inspectah Deck" Dogg

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lid posted:

I was going to bat for West Coadt, like how can you not when it lead to Odd Future and Black Hippy, but trying to rehab G-funk by appealing to Warren G and Nate "I am the worse Inspectah Deck" Dogg

Warren g and Nate dogg fuckin rule. Sorry pal

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Nate Dogg had Regulators and Still D.R.E. Deck had the opening verse of Triumph. Both are allowed to stay.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tampa Bae posted:

you should listen to wu-tang clan, yes. run the jewels is a certain mood and def the rowdiest crowd ive ever been in but you should definitely check out wu-tang clan

The_Rob posted:

nwa is kind of basic in retrospect but it was also an innovator so, you know, two sides to a coin. g-funk rules generally tho, regulate is one of the best songs of all time

shiksa fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 28, 2024

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Tampa Bae posted:

this reminds me that RTJ and Wu Tang toured together once and i missed it and now im mad i missed it all over again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Getting into RTJ in TYOOL 2024 would be a funny thing to do.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eat This Glob posted:

this reminds me that RTJ and Wu Tang toured together once and i missed it and now im mad i missed it all over again

i think the maddest ill ever be about missing a show that i could have gone to is Death From Above 1979 > Queens of the Stone Age > Nine Inch Nails

i kick myself all the time, granted i was like 16 but still. three of my all time favorite bands all in a row are u loving kidding me ugh

e: IN THEIR loving PRIMES

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
All this talk of West coast hip hop and not one mention of Souls of Mischief. Shameful.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Run the jewels always struck me as Reddit rap.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfsdpuvUyQ

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shiksa posted:

i think the maddest ill ever be about missing a show that i could have gone to is Death From Above 1979 > Queens of the Stone Age > Nine Inch Nails

i kick myself all the time, granted i was like 16 but still. three of my all time favorite bands all in a row are u loving kidding me ugh

I went to this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

shiksa posted:

Mine is The World/Inferno Friendship Society when they played Detroit, a show my friend went to. She had Jack Terricloth singing the intro to This Packed Funeral directly to her.

Second maddest is when Elton John played here and basically my whole family except me went.

Both times it was because I had college exams at that specific time. I could have went both times if I wasn't focused on needing those grades for classes.

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

shiksa posted:

Queens of the Stone Age at their prime was when Dave Grohl decided to do the drums for Songs of the Deaf and Josh being asked in an interview if everything was "Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll?" and Josh said "Only six drugs?" because he was barely paying attention to the question. I sat by the Ocean is pretty good tho. Trent only produced the immigrant song cover with Karen O after the 90's that was good