Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/3ngs...0fb7813df89#t=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cut out the middleman:
Sleep on the kitchen table.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

By popular demand posted:

LOL if you don't have special bed gnomes bound by magic to clean your bed .

The Ballad of the Delectable Bullet

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

By popular demand posted:

LOL if you don't have special bed gnomes bound by magic to clean your bed .

It's called a dog. No crumbs left when I'm eating in bed

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So where's the horrible part?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't eat in bed but the real civilized/animal line here is are you just tossing a plate of food on your bed, or are you using some sort of tray to keep things clean?

Bed food requires you to move up a plate/bowl size from what you think you would normally need unless you're good at food and know how not to make a mess. Meals requiring multiple plates/bowls don't work unless you can fit a small bowl on the plate.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They make trays specifically for eating in bed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Schubalts posted:

They make trays specifically for eating in bed.

yes for hospital patients

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many of the pro eating in bed camp are married?

I eat tacos at 3 AM in a big bed with my wife IYKWIM :pervert:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

yes for hospital patients

Hospital room, or the dream goon cave?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

them hozzie beds are well comfy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

them hozzie beds are well comfy

I once spent over an hour in a hospital bed that was like 20 cm too short. It was not comfy. E: I'm not tall, I bet it was a kids' bed or something.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I hate hospital beds and those trays are always somehow at just the right height to be annoying.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've been in a lot of hospital beds in my time and they vary hugely. Some are amazing some are torturous slabs.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I never eat in bed. But I also don't do anything but sleep in there. Don't watch tv in bed, don't read books in bed, don't fart around on my phone in bed, just go in there for only sleep. So I guess I could imagine if you're doing other activities in bed eating might find a way in there.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
I just ate burritos in bed and left no mess. Are you people gobbling down doritos and hot wings then grabbing the covers? What do your restaurant servers have to clean up when you leave?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

soviet elsa posted:

I just ate burritos in bed and left no mess. Are you people gobbling down doritos and hot wings then grabbing the covers?

I eat green Nature Valley bars in bed then fall asleep covered in oat dust.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

soviet elsa posted:

I just ate burritos in bed and left no mess. Are you people gobbling down doritos and hot wings then grabbing the covers? What do your restaurant servers have to clean up when you leave?

Eating in bed is just like hiking. Leave nothing but footprints.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

soviet elsa posted:

What do your restaurant servers have to clean up when you leave?
Have you ever seen a Rothko?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The question I have is why are you eating in your bed? even if you can do it 100% crumb free, what's the benefit? isn't it easier to eat sitting up?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
You people are all deranged. Food isn't even allowed in the bedroom, let alone in the bed.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

You people are all deranged. Food isn't even allowed in the bedroom, let alone in the bed.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

DontMockMySmock posted:

The question I have is why are you eating in your bed? even if you can do it 100% crumb free, what's the benefit? isn't it easier to eat sitting up?

Yeah if I tried to eat in bed my back would hurt so bad. Eating on the couch is bad enough. The gently caress kind of spines of steel do you people have

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

Yeah if I tried to eat in bed my back would hurt so bad. Eating on the couch is bad enough. The gently caress kind of spines of steel do you people have

I am about 75% bedbound due to disability. I have foods that I know I can eat in bed, and foods that require me to sit up at the table (mostly Ramen based). I would like to be able to sit up more, but it is very painful for me. I have a recliner, but I haven’t quite worked out the correct combination of back/butt cushions to make me comfortable with my lap tray.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

DontMockMySmock posted:

Lazy hedonism?

yeah obviously many foods are not conducive to eating in bed, but if something is easy to eat lying down and won't make a mess, why not indulge?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Phthisis posted:

Lazy hedonism?

yeah obviously many foods are not conducive to eating in bed, but if something is easy to eat lying down and won't make a mess, why not indulge?

That. . . doesn't answer the question at all. Why is it an indulgence? How is it more pleasant than eating normally?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

DontMockMySmock posted:

How is it more pleasant than eating normally?

bed comfy

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I am sitting up when I eat in bed. I have a lot of pillows that I can pile up behind me to recline on while I eat/drink/watch youtube for six hours.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Tiggum posted:

I am sitting up when I eat in bed. I have a lot of pillows that I can pile up behind me to recline on while I eat/drink/watch youtube for six hours.

hmm i think what i am learning from this conversation is "i have back problems" because that sounds uncomfortable as hell

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Eatin sloppy steaks in my racecar bed

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
I eat cereal in my car during my commute to pick up the tacos I eat in bed.

I also enjoy shower beers.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
ITT people who have never had breakfast brought to them on a Saturday morning.

I pity you fools.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've had breakfast in bed

it was a nice gesture but I would've preferred to have my breakfast at the table

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Here's some food that was offered for delivery by Instacart

Chicken Inasal and Hot Dog Stir Fry

Cheddar and Cream Cheese Sauce for Mac and Cheese

They are revising their use of AI images.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
what do you have against conjoined chickens?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DontMockMySmock posted:

That. . . doesn't answer the question at all. Why is it an indulgence? How is it more pleasant than eating normally?

axolotl farmer posted:

Cheddar and Cream Cheese Sauce for Mac and Cheese

They are revising their use of AI images.
AI my rear end, I know exactly what cookbook that's from and so do all of you.

stringless has a new favorite as of 10:29 on Feb 28, 2024

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

what do you have against conjoined chickens?

They should probably get something better than eaten for being so cool.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

FFT posted:

AI my rear end, I know exactly what cookbook that's from and so do all of you.

I think you need to see a urologist :ohdear:

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
You can simply sit down in the bed. It has blankets and pillows, my tv is a laptop, so it’s more comfy and far more convenient if I’m relaxing at the end of the day to watch shows or whatever there than awkwardly at the kitchen counter, which is the breakfast/lunch place with no room for the laptop.

The mechanics of eating at my couch are identical to the bed as well, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Friends, it pains me to say this, and I am suppressing hysterical laughter as I type this, but: Y'all should loosen up (lmao) and live a little. Sit up in bed on a Saturday, have some Müsli and a coffee while the sun shines on your bed, and think: "Wow, this is kind of comfy". Read a book between bites.