Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Catastrophe posted:

Conservatives are such goddamn disingenuous babies, my god. If they're that fragile, why would they even fuckin ever leave the house at all?

Next thing you know, Biden's going to wear some tan pants and they'll be screeching for impeachment over it. Dumbass assholes.

it makes sense given that they are most likely from incredibly homogenous communities where conformity is expected.

at worst it's forcing every else to be like you, at best it's concern over potential embarrassment over someone not fitting in.

they instinctively react to anything outside their norm as 'creepy' or 'weird', instead of expressing curiosity or just not giving a drat. i suppose that's the definition of being reactionary.

Durf fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Fobby posted:

Superman is also from Michigan!!!

Edit: where the Republican party is in disarray

Superman is from Krypton actually

nerox
May 20, 2001

kazil posted:

Superman is from Krypton actually

Unlike Superman, Superman ice cream loses its power in the earth’s sun.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

post- clarity edit: yeesh this was an embarrassing post

nobodygetshurt fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 28, 2024

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

So brave of that ice cream shop being open in the middle of a war zone like that.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Shishkahuben posted:

what's this from?

Metropolis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(1927_film)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy loving poo poo

GOP is truly suicidal

quote:

Senate conservatives are signaling they’ll block Wednesday’s planned Democratic bid to enshrine protections for in-vitro fertilization into federal law – and they’re calling IVF a states-rights issue. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) is planning to seek unanimous consent to pass her proposal to federally protect IVF, which means any one senator can easily block its passage. This isn’t the first time she’s brought up her bill — Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) objected when Duckworth tried to pass it unanimously in 2022.

But Duckworth’s bill is surging back to the forefront as Republicans face uncomfortable questions about an Alabama Supreme Court ruling restricting IVF. “I don’t see any need to regulate it at the federal level,” said Sen. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), an OB-GYN by trade. “It’s idiotic for us to take the bait,” said Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio), who clarified he was referring not to Duckworth’s bill on its face but to Democrats’ attempts to use the proposal as an IVF messaging tool.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pro-life. No, not like that!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I for one think that being for or against IVF is something that it’s critical to be talking about about this election season.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Holy loving poo poo

GOP is truly suicidal

What in the ever loving hell?!?

With Mike Johnson at the helm of the house, there's no chance whatsoever this would ever get to the floor. Silently voting in favor of this is an absolute no-brainer. They are in complete disarray.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

This seems bad for GOP

That's right, they're worried about extremist Dems

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

withak posted:

I for one think that being for or against IVF is something that it’s critical to be talking about about this election season.

Mission fuckin accomplished

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

“It’s idiotic for us to take the bait,” said Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio), who clarified he was referring not to Duckworth’s bill on its face but to Democrats’ attempts to use the proposal as an IVF messaging tool.

Good, do nothing as dems stomp on your loving nuts until you spit quarters you stupid piece of poo poo

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Aramis posted:

What in the ever loving hell?!?

With Mike Johnson at the helm of the house, there's no chance whatsoever this would ever get to the floor. Silently voting in favor of this is an absolute no-brainer. They are in complete disarray.

Pretty sure Johnson came out as pro-IVF, but yeah he probably wouldn't allow it to come up for a vote since the nutjobs rule the majority now. Its incredible watching the Democrats maneuver the GOP into a losing issue by taking advantage of their reflexive opposition and inability to back down on anything.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

somehow I'm left wondering if the GOP literally wants a second civil war, this one over the religious enslavement of women. Or if they're just that dumb. Nah they're just that dumb

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I was in an entirely other room when I heard that go down on the TV and I was like "Oh fuuuuck, no, you do not say 'I was speculating' in a loving court room. :doh: Case dismissed."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jeremor posted:

somehow I'm left wondering if the GOP literally wants a second civil war, this one over the religious enslavement of women. Or if they're just that dumb. Nah they're just that dumb

why not dos

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

post- clarity edit: yeesh this was an embarrassing post

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Holy loving poo poo

GOP is truly suicidal

of course. make sure voters loving remember this, though

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The GOP do seem absolutely determined to Steve Scalise themselves.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

hahaha holy poo poo jesus christ they're so loving dumb why do this to yourself

These loving fascists are all taking after trump and blundering into every trap there is, because they're so amazingly myopic. Any worth a poo poo lawyer makes really goddamn sure their witness isn't about to say some poo poo like this on the stand, right? Literally how to torpedo your entire case with a single question.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

nine-gear crow posted:

I was in an entirely other room when I heard that go down on the TV and I was like "Oh fuuuuck, no, you do not say 'I was speculating' in a loving court room. :doh: Case dismissed."

As was pointed out in the thread at the time, the dude just needs to say "I was upset with him and contributed to a nasty rumor, I'm very sorry it has turned into this." But of course, he's worried about the now-inevitable ethics complaint he'll be getting and is desperate to minimize the court record on his role.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

extremely good

a man can dream can't he

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dean Phillips has won Michigan with 100% of the vote RIP Biden

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I like to think the buzzing in the mic are the flies hovering over Merchants reputation lol

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Well thank goodness at least my state is willing to proactively protect against this sort of MAGA/Florida idiocy.

Oregon Senate passes bill prohibiting book bans

https://www.kptv.com/2024/02/27/oregon-senate-passes-bill-prohibiting-book-bans/

Up yours, DeSantis.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Howard Dean has won Michigan with 100% of the vote RIP Biden

:yeah:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

oregon is pretty good about doing stuff

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

This is a good wisdom

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Trump hears his father’s ghost calling him a LOSER over only winning 55-40

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
there's no better idea than to go into a court of law with nothing but rumors and innuendo.

i once went to a mexican ice cream place and the lady didn't speak much english but she insisted i try the "pine cone" flavored ice cream. it was ice cream so fresh it still had ice in it and it was so delicious but i couldn't get the name of it because there is no way it was pine cone flavored ice cream
it turned out to be praline.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Good. Bad. i'm the guy with the posts.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol Michigan has 4 counties in a different time zone

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Protest votes are stupid as gently caress. They are neither focused on the short term or the long term. They are the political equivalent of a two year old having a temper tantrum.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

The Guy with the Posts.

*Western music plays*

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Worse than Obamna

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Joe Biden licks and slurps LOW CLASS ice cream like a dementia riddled pervert and brings shame upon America

Donald J. Trump eats beautiful TRUMP brand taco bowls with the dignity of an elder statesman because he loves the Hispanics

Thank u president Trjum god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Worse than Obamna

With 4% in